PDA

View Full Version : reporting grief play?

Dr Strange
17-01-05, 02:14
im pretty sure you just email abuse@neocron.com

but what the hell do you include? i mean to be griefed its gotta be some continuing bullshit, where you can prove they are ruining/prohibiting you from playing a character right? gimme a list of what i'd need to send in, screen shots of being pked? got that, plenty of screens of that (cant even leave apt or safe zone without some certain people trying to take my head off). console log? got that, more verbal abuse in that thing then you can shake a stick at.

help on this would be appreciated cause other than my trade skillers, i am unable to play the game.

retr0n
17-01-05, 02:17
I think you just about covered it, screenies + chatlog

zii
17-01-05, 02:27
i just /ignore them and leave.

naimex
17-01-05, 02:33
screenshots showing verbal abuse

chatlog of it aswell if you can.

include your version of what happened in a summary, very short summary.
maybe write if there is something specific in it that you find extremely offensive, then you will most likely get a reply that they will contact the ones responsible, and then action will be taken as seen fit.

Nidhogg
17-01-05, 03:03
What you suggest sounds fine. Some points to note: You may not get a response, since we investigate abuse cases quietly
If you do get a response, please keep it to yourself in case you tip them off
Whatever happens, do not mention their name here on the forums or I will have to edit you
Make sure you tell abuse that they are totally restricting you from playing your character. If you're stuck in your app with a dozen tagged GRs to go to then you're not stuck and therefore not being griefed
N

Kopaka
17-01-05, 03:36
[ edited ]

Pungent77
17-01-05, 09:05
[ edited ]

Original monk
17-01-05, 10:08
[ edited ]

Mighty Mouse
17-01-05, 10:19
BTW if people hate u that much that they wanna kill u everytime they see u mav they must have a pretty damn good reason ( wonder why ? )

Nidhogg
17-01-05, 11:43
What did I just say about naming names?

N

Original monk
17-01-05, 12:47
this seems like a clear signal to certainly not discuss this kind of dodgy situations here on the forum :wtf:

i dont have any doubts that this (above edited problems/situation) will be looked into, if it didnt allready in NC1

enjoy playing

Kopaka
17-01-05, 12:52
Nidhogg, you edit everything said whats evil/bad about KK and the game?
looks like it.
I think my previous post in this thread is something the community should know, or give me an answer in direct, explaining me exactly what I said in the previous post, please.
cause editing it only made me more curious and proves my theory

Jesterthegreat
17-01-05, 14:13
What you suggest sounds fine. Some points to note: You may not get a response, since we investigate abuse cases quietly
If you do get a response, please keep it to yourself in case you tip them off
Whatever happens, do not mention their name here on the forums or I will have to edit you
Make sure you tell abuse that they are totally restricting you from playing your character. If you're stuck in your app with a dozen tagged GRs to go to then you're not stuck and therefore not being griefed
N

could someone (Mod / GM / Dev) please tell us what griefing is...

i was accused of it for killing a low SL runner the other day :rolleyes:

if i know what is considered griefing by KK it would help :D

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 14:56
could someone (Mod / GM / Dev) please tell us what griefing is...

i was accused of it for killing a low SL runner the other day :rolleyes:

if i know what is considered griefing by KK it would help :D
That is something I can agree with.

Quite a few things regard what is and what is not acceptable need to be defined.

Capt. Rik
17-01-05, 15:05
Is griefing not defined in the support policies on the NC home page?

I'd check but stupid facist WebSense keeps blocking my pages

Nidhogg
17-01-05, 15:28
Nidhogg, you edit everything said whats evil/bad about KK and the game?
looks like it.
I think my previous post in this thread is something the community should know, or give me an answer in direct, explaining me exactly what I said in the previous post, please.
cause editing it only made me more curious and proves my theory
Discussing exploiting or cheating is against the rules. Period. It will always get edited. The details are irrelevant where the forum is concerned.

N

Skusty
17-01-05, 17:19
What did I just say about naming names?

N
Ehh....They did't say any name after you posted " Dont mention any names here on the forum " ;)

Nidhogg
17-01-05, 18:02
Ehh....They did't say any name after you posted " Dont mention any names here on the forum " ;)
Posting a screenshot of someone with their name clearly showing counts as naming names.

N

Ascension
17-01-05, 18:42
Is griefing not defined in the support policies on the NC home page?

I'd check but stupid facist WebSense keeps blocking my pages
install firefox!, works at college for us :p

Capt. Rik
17-01-05, 18:45

Dude, that idea's so crazy it might almost work :eek:

Will give it a shot...

Crest
17-01-05, 19:30
Hunting reds in wastelands.. Kill a PE.... He sends me abuse , I reply....

1) You have made a racist statement - its is a bannable offence
2) Swearing is a bannable offense

He never replied back ....

If he had and continued, a screenie with my warnings, and his continue abuse would be sufficient to send off to KK

Kozmos
17-01-05, 20:21
Hunting reds in wastelands.. Kill a PE.... He sends me abuse , I reply....

1) You have made a racist statement - its is a bannable offence
2) Swearing is a bannable offense

He never replied back ....

If he had and continued, a screenie with my warnings, and his continue abuse would be sufficient to send off to KK
since when was swearing a bannable offence ?

Riddle
17-01-05, 20:45
since when was swearing a bannable offence ?

I would assume that general chat swearing much the same as what is accepted on the forum is ok. Doesnt bother me when people F this, F that :)

What can bother me is when i see arguments on OOC /Trade etc when verbal insults go beyond what was first funny :(

Some are just mates having a laugh all taken tongue in cheek but not everyone is the same. Some people will take pesonal offence to repeated verbal abuse directed at them, I suggest MUTE :)

shit i got a few players on ignore due to their language and attitude problems nevermind their repeated spamming of trade. Funny with them on ignore trade actuallly works as trade :)

Jesterthegreat
17-01-05, 21:34
What can bother me is when i see arguments on OOC /Trade etc when verbal insults go beyond what was first funny :(

what amuses me is its the whiners who start the swearing and personal insults... not the immature PK0rz

Skusty
17-01-05, 21:37
Posting a screenshot of someone with their name clearly showing counts as naming names.

N
Ouh ok sry then... :D

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 21:43
Swearing out of character or situation is clearly not a bannable offense as I found out when I reported on one particualry foul mouthed, vile and offensive person.

Kopaka
17-01-05, 22:08
i had a dude spamming my direct after i killed him..
will that matter if i send it in to abuse?
will he get banned or something?

Carbonite
17-01-05, 22:39
i had a dude spamming my direct after i killed him..
will that matter if i send it in to abuse?
will he get banned or something?

not aslong as you have a option to mute him.. its another thing if someone spams trade channel or local.
(it also depends on what he says to you..)

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 00:23
not aslong as you have a option to mute him.. its another thing if someone spams trade channel or local.

can we please get a rough list of whats considered griefing?

i understand listing exploits is a stupid idea... but listing what counts as griefing would be a good thing...

epij
18-01-05, 00:25

i am off topic as well when i say your siggie rox, but never mind ;P

Kopaka
18-01-05, 03:01

u cant expect me to mute every1 who spams me.. id have to ignore everyone ;)

when ppl die these days they dont come back to get revenge but they spam or whine on alliance

and btw, spamming trade channel isnt bannable also then.. u have an option to "mute" it :)

Lexxuk
18-01-05, 04:09
can we please get a rough list of whats considered griefing?

i understand listing exploits is a stupid idea... but listing what counts as griefing would be a good thing...

I'd say roughly, any activity which seriously and continually inhibits another persons gameplay. In other words, if your GR ganking someone and they keep coming back, thats not grief, they can GR elsewhere. If you are GR ganking someone in their apartment and they have no other GR's thats grief play.

LiL T
18-01-05, 08:07
Theres not many ways you could grief in this game, because all forms of PKing is allowed. You can walk up to a 0/2 who is in the same faction as you and waste them, then again as they come out of the GR screaming at you. But I do think they need to draw the line somewhere but still respect the fact that some people are roleplaying there hate towards people. If I don't like someone ingame I'll attempt to kill them on sight, But they have to have done or said something I did not like.

If someone is killing you repeatedly ingame you must have pissed them off by talking shit or attacking there alts or whatever. But if you did nothing wrong and there killing you its prolly because there getting a reaction from you, beleave me I know why I enjoyed killing noobs at MB. Best think you can do is ignore them that takes away the whole point in killing you

/edit

what amuses me is its the whiners who start the swearing and personal insults... not the immature PK0rz

yup that is true most of the time I'm pretty sure I could have had people banned back in NC1 for using very very bad langage in DM's to me after I killed them.

40$Poser
18-01-05, 08:42
my advice, don't bother. Your e-mail = waste of time, or so the history of support seems.

Mighty Mouse
18-01-05, 10:42
to many people are getting soft in NC i can understand getting killed as a /02 noob and only having ur apt Gr and people camping it but people wont say who that have been all over get killed once and its called grefing i mean c'mon u get killed once and automatically u call it greifing but then after killing them they make a 1 mill bounty for ur dog tag and keep posting it in trade and alliance which is somethign i know u cant do because i heard SandBender telling some one who was doing the same thing to stop because they cant do it

Rogue Arson
18-01-05, 13:21
to many people are getting soft in NC i can understand getting killed as a /02 noob and only having ur apt Gr and people camping it but people wont say who that have been all over get killed once and its called grefing i mean c'mon u get killed once and automatically u call it greifing but then after killing them they make a 1 mill bounty for ur dog tag and keep posting it in trade and alliance which is somethign i know u cant do because i heard SandBender telling some one who was doing the same thing to stop because they cant do it

Can I get a lil puncuation please? Thanx

Odin
18-01-05, 19:32
The Rules of Conduct are a good place to start. Other stuff like excessive spamming of chat channels, racist behaviour (that's a biggie), unneccessary character/clan names etc. It's mostly common sense.

PvP isn't considered griefing. The only times it is is when it gets to that point where it's consistently over the top (ie: user spouts off racist remarks at you after killing you etc) or in the real rare occurence your being apartment camped with no cash to use a generep out. As it is it really isn't 'that' hard to hide out in less used areas and group with others after you piss another clan off. That's considered politics to us as far as KoS lists.

abuse@neocron.com is the address to use. You will not be contacted unless further information is needed from you. Always remember when filing a ticket to include all relevant info such as your account name, character name, server and the name/server of who you are reporting. Screenshots where applicable are helpful in .jpg format no bigger then 1MB. Editing screens to us will only get you investigated so please don't. It will be investigated (as we have one person who does nothing but run abuse and exploits) and dealt with by our internal policies.

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 21:13
The Rules of Conduct are a good place to start. Other stuff like excessive spamming of chat channels, racist behaviour (that's a biggie), unneccessary character/clan names etc. It's mostly common sense.

PvP isn't considered griefing. The only times it is is when it gets to that point where it's consistently over the top (ie: user spouts off racist remarks at you after killing you etc) or in the real rare occurence your being apartment camped with no cash to use a generep out. As it is it really isn't 'that' hard to hide out in less used areas and group with others after you piss another clan off. That's considered politics to us as far as KoS lists.

abuse@neocron.com is the address to use. You will not be contacted unless further information is needed from you. Always remember when filing a ticket to include all relevant info such as your account name, character name, server and the name/server of who you are reporting. Screenshots where applicable are helpful in .jpg format no bigger then 1MB. Editing screens to us will only get you investigated so please don't. It will be investigated (as we have one person who does nothing but run abuse and exploits) and dealt with by our internal policies.

hopefully people will no longer get accused of griefing for:

1. killing low SL runners.
2. killing allies
3. destroying allies vehicles
4. gr camping at OP / DRT / MB etc
5. killing noobs (this especially... lame as it may be they can still implant the LE if they are noobs)

now i dont do everything on that list... but none of it forces you to die.

oh and if your trapped in apt by people waitin in lift and have no money... logout for 10 mins :p

Odin
18-01-05, 21:28
2. killing allies

Oh there will probably be changes in the future for those 2 since people are abusing that one left right and center.

Conduit
18-01-05, 21:32
Good to hear, Odin. :)
It's about time TBH, m8.

Richard Blade
18-01-05, 22:51
Oh there will probably be changes in the future for those 2 since people are abusing that one left right and center.

LE users vehicles, perhaps as well? I've seen too many LE users vehicles get trashed by non-LE's while the LE user was hacking a warbot.

Kozmos
19-01-05, 00:07
You gotta be kidding me, come on... In all honesty, one of the best practice periods my clan gets for pvp is when we get attacked by the various other clans that for no reason feel like fighting us, since all this shit started I have definitely noticed a big improvement on how our clan is working and fighting together, Some in the clan were some that used to get annoyed about allied fighting, however their not too botherd now theyve learned how to defend themselves better.

The allied gankings prettymuch come to a end now imo, Its hardly noticable anymore...

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 00:25

thats as maybe... but please ensure that you inform us of these changes when the time comes.

and i assume from that reply that theres no problems doing these things currently.

:edit:
theyve learned how to defend themselves better. thank god someone is learning...

Dr Strange
19-01-05, 00:33

God bless you and the rest of the devs. Bout time something is done about allied PKing. There are some weeks where you're killed more by allied runners than you are by enemy runners. People can quote up a storm of how its legit to do so, rping a real spy or a rogue ally member etc But they never stop to think; if its ok to ally kill what the fuck is the point of City vs Anti City? Just make us all one big ass city where its ok to kill every one.

Kozmos
19-01-05, 01:45
God bless you and the rest of the devs. Bout time something is done about allied PKing. There are some weeks where you're killed more by allied runners than you are by enemy runners. People can quote up a storm of how its legit to do so, rping a real spy or a rogue ally member etc But they never stop to think; if its ok to ally kill what the fuck is the point of City vs Anti City? Just make us all one big ass city where its ok to kill every one.
In NC1, in the ORIGINAL NC story, there was pro city and anti city, yet in pro city, tangent and biotech were enemies, in the current story their prettymuch still enemies but are now neutral, in NC1 and the NC1 storyline, BD were anti city, but were red to nearly everyone including TG and TSU, yet their now allied and neutral to them.

The games going carebear, what happens with the person that reports that their being griefed is ACTUALLY the fucking griefer them self, or insulter, instigator, whatever you want to call it, but if they stand there and call me a dirty ni**er regardless of colour, faction, clan or anything im gonna kill the cunt, what happens when he then reports you for griefing/killing allieds, thats just fucking hypicritical imo.

Odin, Please, if you _DO_ actually change the terms and conditions to include something like that, with EVERY CASE that is reported and taken seriously, you MUST check all chat logs on all channels including direct, and even email, because if the one reporting it, has infact been instigating it, then they should be fucking banned themselves for deception and attempting to get others banned for something that they did not start

Durandal|AI
19-01-05, 02:10
Another prob: Put spammers on ignore, and they just continue. You dont see their spam, but everybody else does, thus pushing your text off the chatbox. I dont need to see the spam texts to know whats wrong when a noob asks a question, gets 3 answers, and asks again because he couldnt see the answers because of spam. Nobody needs 3 lines of WTB/WTS repeated 3 times.

Dr Strange
19-01-05, 03:24
Another prob: Put spammers on ignore, and they just continue. You dont see their spam, but everybody else does, thus pushing your text off the chatbox. I dont need to see the spam texts to know whats wrong when a noob asks a question, gets 3 answers, and asks again because he couldnt see the answers because of spam. Nobody needs 3 lines of WTB/WTS repeated 3 times.

True enough.

Better yet, please make an unlimited size ignore list. I've literally filled my ignore list on at least 2 of my characters because trying to trade using trade-nc and trade-doy can be quite tough when there's post op-fight spam between clans and such.

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 14:20
In NC1, in the ORIGINAL NC story, there was pro city and anti city, yet in pro city, tangent and biotech were enemies, in the current story their prettymuch still enemies but are now neutral, in NC1 and the NC1 storyline, BD were anti city, but were red to nearly everyone including TG and TSU, yet their now allied and neutral to them.

The games going carebear, what happens with the person that reports that their being griefed is ACTUALLY the fucking griefer them self, or insulter, instigator, whatever you want to call it, but if they stand there and call me a dirty ni**er regardless of colour, faction, clan or anything im gonna kill the cunt, what happens when he then reports you for griefing/killing allieds, thats just fucking hypicritical imo.

Odin, Please, if you _DO_ actually change the terms and conditions to include something like that, with EVERY CASE that is reported and taken seriously, you MUST check all chat logs on all channels including direct, and even email, because if the one reporting it, has infact been instigating it, then they should be fucking banned themselves for deception and attempting to get others banned for something that they did not start

yeah... the game is carebear enough imo... all you need to do (if you insist on removing LE) is:

1. expect to be attacked (thats what the LE stops... right?)
2. stay buffed (all non safe zones can be raided so you should do this by default)

thats it.

since the plaza sectors are raided by enemies(either by forces or by single chars) regularly i would think this would have sunk in...

Riddle
19-01-05, 15:44
Maby some people want to kill reds... You shouldent have to watch your fucking back in a place that is filled with greens.

ok another carebear? moaning like i do about Allied Pk.

the day i stop watching my back is the day i quit.

your reply.

2. killing allies

maybe a change ahead?

thats as maybe... but please ensure that you inform us of these changes when the time comes.

So when that patch comes in i take it your quitting?

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 22:06
no... when the change of policies (redefining greif play does not need a patch) come ingame ill adapt.

i didnt say "the day i can no longer kill whoever i want i will quit"...

more on topic:

increased penalties i agree with... in an MMORPG, physically limiting your actions for no reason other than a few whiners i think is pathetic... however its not something i will quit over.

Odin
19-01-05, 22:10
Just to clarify when I said 'future' you know that means not anytime soon. It's on our 'wish' list pretty much at this point and hasn't been discussed as to which measures. We don't want to entirely cut it off but we do want to make it undesireable to that way it leaves the role play option of dealing with rogue faction members.

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 22:19
We don't want to entirely cut it off but we do want to make it undesireable to that way it leaves the role play option of dealing with rogue faction members.

something i agree with...

AB was scrapped (despite a dev telling me low enough symps with all facs gets you AB)

a rouge agent in a faction is the next best thing

Maui
19-01-05, 23:30
Just to clarify when I said 'future' you know that means not anytime soon.

NEvaah, NEVAAA I tell u, good cus :) I like beein a bad boy :P

LiL T
20-01-05, 00:14
Just to clarify when I said 'future' you know that means not anytime soon. It's on our 'wish' list pretty much at this point and hasn't been discussed as to which measures. We don't want to entirely cut it off but we do want to make it undesireable to that way it leaves the role play option of dealing with rogue faction members.
Nice info I'm glad this is being looked over and that kk are respecting the roleplay behind allied killing, sometimes it has to be done because some are arseholes. Undesireable it bloody well should be copbots should KOS you for 24 hours game time after murdering someone

Kopaka
20-01-05, 03:59

change the vehicle thingy :p

if a car belongs to a LE'd guy and hes out.. here comes my apu attacking it, not knowing it belongs to a LE'd guy.. then he flame me and threatens to report me.. i did nothing wrong :)

having a non-LE'd gunner/driver and a LE'd repper is considered exploiting???
if it aint u can constantly have 3 reppers on ur rhino, them getting XP, the rhino never blowing up, aka end of all Op wars

Kopaka
20-01-05, 04:00
Nice info I'm glad this is being looked over and that kk are respecting the roleplay behind allied killing, sometimes it has to be done because some are arseholes. Undesireable it bloody well should be copbots should KOS you for 24 hours game time after murdering someone

neocron community count - 80%
kthnxbye.. its good the way it is

/sorry for doublepost

40$Poser
20-01-05, 04:14

such things have been reported and it's a 50/50 that something might get done. At least for me, reporting anything = the biggest waste of time ever and a joke at believing that there is any thing remotely close to a chance of receiving support.