PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Slight Glider Alteration

mishkin
16-01-05, 22:04
Ok, we've all seen the ridiculous requirements for the gliders. Especially the Advanced Assault Glider (90 Int, 60 Str, 96 Vhc and 91 H-C). We all want to fly them, but no-one wants to sacrifice their whole setup just to be able to.

I propose a small change in the gliders, not a change in the req's directly, but in a way that'll make them a bit more useful.

Add options for both seats in 2-seated gliders. You now have a drivers seat that requires you to be able to use the gun, which means 3 non-rare drugs unless you're capped. Instead, add options when you enter the Glider, so you can choose between:

For the pilot's seat:

Pilot, Req: 90 Int and 96 Vhc
Pilot/Gunner, Req: 90 Int, 60 Str, 96 Vhc, 91 H-C
Pilot/Bomber, Req: Same as Pilot/Gunner

-----------------------

For the Passengers seat:

Gunner, Req: 60 Str and 91 H-C
Bomber, Req: Same as Gunner
Passenger, Req: None

This could be applied to all vehicles with 2 seats that have a gun for the driver, for instance the scorpion trike. Only one option from each group would be selectable at once, to hinder it being exploited. Can't be too hard to implement, can it? :)

It just hit me when I was flying around, that we don't have any Glider that's comparable to the reveler or the red car... They both have passenger seats.

Over and Out

//P

Tostino
16-01-05, 22:20
Nice idea man!

Capt. Rik
16-01-05, 23:13
Yup like it... 5 stars

Fafhrd
16-01-05, 23:31
Although it is a very good idea, I doubt that KK is doing anything to the gliders atm....

5 stars

retr0n
16-01-05, 23:34
Although it is a very good idea, I doubt that KK is doing anything to the gliders atm....

It's a theme week thing, so in a couple of months maybe.

Selendor
17-01-05, 00:08
Agree, Gliders are v.cool but people aren't using them for requirements, cost and because they are so easy to lose. Any changes to them would be great.

Seven
17-01-05, 00:36

Kierz
18-01-05, 00:53
I'm sure KK realise there's a reason you hardly ever see people flying them...

Don't change the reqs, just make them fun... also they may not be gliders as such but you're forgetting the passenger seats in the doy bomber/carrier, although they're more comparable to the rhino and troop carrier..

MkVenner
18-01-05, 00:58
why not untie the mouse flight controls and have something like the flight controls in BF:Desert Combat (not 'nam, choppers take no skill in that), and untie the horizon level, so you can do barrel rolls, and add a apache style gunship, anti tank :p

be alot more fun, tho the sectors are way too small to get proper dog fights....

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 01:53
why not untie the mouse flight controls and have something like the flight controls in BF:Desert Combat (not 'nam, choppers take no skill in that), and untie the horizon level, so you can do barrel rolls, and add a apache style gunship, anti tank :p

be alot more fun, tho the sectors are way too small to get proper dog fights....

they cant manageto keep a char standing on boxes properly and you want this? :D :p

MkVenner
18-01-05, 01:54
want yes

actually think ill get anything near to that, no

:D

Jesterthegreat
18-01-05, 01:57
want yes

actually think ill get anything near to that, no

:D

let me rephrase myself...

you want them to attempt this in KK style when they cant even balance a model on a box?

:p

MkVenner
18-01-05, 02:01
i see you point now lol, haha i wouldnt mind it just too see what actially happens lol

i can see it now, glider attempts barrel role, reaches the apex, and flat falls straight to the floor lol

meh just call it an engine stall simulation :p