PDA

View Full Version : Nothing wrong with gliders

mishkin
16-01-05, 11:16
Ok, so I tried my first glider a couple days back, and I was amazed at how easy it was to maneuver. All I'd heard from people around me, was that all small gliders (scout, advanced glider and so on) were impossible to fly, and that they blew up instantly from a crash. Someone also told me that I should never try zoning with one. Well, I flew from the military base to tech haven, and back with one glider, then flew around J_01 hitting warbots with bombs along with a friend of mine, and of course, I crashed some gliders, but they only blew up because I tried something very difficult (zig-zag between trees, loopings :D ).... Anyhow, I think this is the best thing kk have made for this game yet, and I'm now lomming my spy to a pure flying ace :D

Take to the skies! :cool:

msdong
16-01-05, 12:30
if only they where usefull :)

trigger hurt
16-01-05, 15:17
Ok, so I tried my first glider a couple days back, and I was amazed at how easy it was to maneuver. All I'd heard from people around me, was that all small gliders (scout, advanced glider and so on) were impossible to fly, and that they blew up instantly from a crash. Someone also told me that I should never try zoning with one. Well, I flew from the military base to tech haven, and back with one glider, then flew around J_01 hitting warbots with bombs along with a friend of mine, and of course, I crashed some gliders, but they only blew up because I tried something very difficult (zig-zag between trees, loopings :D ).... Anyhow, I think this is the best thing kk have made for this game yet, and I'm now lomming my spy to a pure flying ace :D

Take to the skies! :cool:

meh. You got lucky I say. Once you have zone and end up dead because you had a longer than normal sync about 10 or 15 times, I think you'll finally get the point the rest of us were making.

Oh. Or maybe you'll get it when you spawn your glider and instead of it sitting in one spot, it slide along the ground and into something solid and blows up.

Or maybe it will happen when you spawn it and a falls through the map never to be seen again.

While you are at it. Try flying around desert race track in a glider. Make sure you are so far above the ground you can't see anything anymore otherwise you'll either run into the side of a mountain that wasn't there on the other side of the zone or you'll get a long sync and crash.

Yes. Gliders are fun. No. Gliders do not work properly.

Comie
16-01-05, 15:28
dont forget about the useless weapons on the gliders.... yu could be pointing downwards in the assault glider aiming at a rhino... and yu fire.... only to see the rocket fire in the same y axis as yu... and theyre an ass to aim... gimme a 20 mm gat on the assault glider thats pintle mounted!!!

and make the advanced scout have the rocket launcher! (pintle mounted and change the gunners view to that of the weapon)

then we can start thinking about glides in op battles

MkVenner
16-01-05, 15:36
yeah the route from MB to TH is pretty good, flying over the grasslands to the south where there's lots of those aerial things is bad, and you have to have normal sync times, as soon as you start to ping up a bit and you sync for a bitlonger they start to drop b4 you sync in, and boom

trigger hurt
16-01-05, 15:44
dont forget about the useless weapons on the gliders.... yu could be pointing downwards in the assault glider aiming at a rhino... and yu fire.... only to see the rocket fire in the same y axis as yu... and theyre an ass to aim... gimme a 20 mm gat on the assault glider thats pintle mounted!!!

and make the advanced scout have the rocket launcher! (pintle mounted and change the gunners view to that of the weapon)

then we can start thinking about glides in op battles

Did you know you could blow a DoY Hoverbomber up by flying a glider into it?

We performed this million dollar test not to long ago. It's good fun.

giga191
16-01-05, 15:47
You can't really hit anything with the gliders because you have to be constantly moving

MkVenner
16-01-05, 16:01
the assult gliders forward fire rockets are useless for air to ground uses, suppose there for Air to Air, but if your attacking a bomber or transport the chin gun rips a glider apart, and can track it easy, but the missles barely scratch a bomber.....

funny story, i saw one person take out a bomber that was in mid air, with another bomber lol, was funny as hell, just hovered ontop, the pilot didnt know it, and they just bombed the shit out of them lol

Seven
16-01-05, 16:46
They're cool, but we need a Glider Theme week.

superfresh
16-01-05, 17:20
Gliders are a disaster. They're little mini Hindenburgs.