PDA

View Full Version : I'm not paranoid am I?

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 21:39
You know I'm quite distressed that a once thriving game is now becoming a little....well crappy. I've never really bitched about NC before but I'm worried about its future. I'm an oldie myself been since beta but enough of my life story....blah blah

The developers are trying to sort things out and a team comprised of like 10 people can be trying. But please give your coder some water in his water bowl and extra food rations because people are leaving due to bugs and other crap.

Releasing the game to another audience for example, Asia, is not going to help. I remember when the French were given a server and people believed this would up the popularity of the game and income. Well it hasnt most of them left. Another gripe I have is people were saying how veterans will come back to Neocron when DoY arrives. Bullshit! Veterans of NC are leaving. Crucial members of the community are also leaving. Servers are getting empty, click2pay is raping and pillaging bank accounts, bugs are rampant, players are leaving, content is missing, no real communication from the developers and no decent strippers in the game.

Some of you say the game will be fine when it hits retailers. But then we know that people will buy the game and vomit with rage when they confront the same crap that makes people leave in th first palce.

[ edited ]

Or am I just paranoid folks and that neocron will perk up and people will return.

Ascension
15-01-05, 21:57
Just like the forums, not much goes on here no more, ill sit here open the NC forum window and tap refresh... unlike before the same threads sit dormant for hours before a reply :(

-=Dredduk=-
15-01-05, 21:59
Yep Forums Arent as they used to be...

Not sure about nc tho since i cant play it cos of c2p.

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 22:11
[ edited - so was that ]

Edit- Niddy it was a joke :D

Dribble Joy
15-01-05, 22:16
Once paybycash comes back (prays to god it does) we should see many people return.

I could go on like that about just about every missing feature.. but.. meh.

That said, if the features that were supposed to be in really do get in. (item tracking, accessories, player shops, etc.) NC is going to be cool.

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 22:20
What I think is bad is the fact that DoY is supposed to have loads of maps. This is quite true but quite alot of them are abandoned sectors (why do we need empty sectors when we have those already with low player population) and dungeons which basically have the same design but with different mobs.

Also outfitters arent working and I still find some maps arent finished like clubs and that wierd corridoor in outzone that leads to a fence to block players from crashing because the map doesnt exist.

Ascension
15-01-05, 22:22
If the features that were supposed to be in really do get in. (item tracking, accessories, player shops, etc.) NC is going to be cool.

U mean, would of been cool? because i personally no hold hope for any of the stuff u mentioned..
:rolleyes:

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 22:23
I thought player shops werent going to be implemented or did I hear wrong?

Ascension
15-01-05, 22:25
I thought player shops werent going to be implemented or did I hear wrong?
u must of heared wrong.. unless they cancelled it cos they cant be arsed? :p

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 22:26
How hard can it be to open up a few clubs turn on an outfitter and create new items. They made the dildo of mavern why cant they make WoC items?

Ascension
15-01-05, 22:29
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
15-01-05, 22:34
An announcement regarding PBC will be made early next week, but let's say that our estimate of somewhere around the middle of this month is still accurate (what do you mean "for a change"?)

N

retr0n
15-01-05, 22:48
I think they should start all over again... Completly... Just announce that NC2
will be shut down and then they can start on a "new" game, by new I mean
completly new code... Because obviously, the current one is lacking, yeah and
also, a new engine, Tekktonic (-or tronic, or whatever) simply doesnt cut it.

But again, that's just me.

Riddle
15-01-05, 22:59
So much was promised yet so little delivered.

On top of this the community is facing serious competition in the gaming market , I myself have been tempted yet I love this game, its concept but not its state of play.

It is unfortunate that it is literally falling apart in both design and implementation. Bugs are still here from NC1 and the SL system is not worth discussing here as it will end in a spam thread everyone ignores :(

Item distribution, is without player shops and a higher community number a major bloody hassle. Thank porker for his inspired shop :)

Allied Pk'ing regardles of your thoughts, is putting noobs off, so no new player base.

Lack of roleplay in a "I'm a 60+ rank, CS style, kick yer ass, Pwned shit, l33t" culture is reducing player base instead of actively encouraging noobs to level by assisting them in both gameplay and knowledge leading them to enjoyment on a higher game level and Thus STAYING!

I fear the game I want so much will never be delivered and that if it one day it is, its reputation will lead to no real sizeable player base. :(

MkVenner
15-01-05, 23:00
Imagine NC, with all the pretty HL2 grade graphics, strippers that look to the same grade as HL2 models, AI more realistic than Jordan, pysics so realistic i can make a raft out of barrels and go explore the ocean sectors, ramp your reveler off of the side of an uplink lol....would be soo sweet lol...

any way...PBC? call me a noob if you want. but wtf is PBC

Riddle
15-01-05, 23:02
PBC = Pay By Cash

:angel:

MkVenner
15-01-05, 23:03
aha :D

Spoon
15-01-05, 23:27
I think they should start all over again... Completly... Just announce that NC2
will be shut down and then they can start on a "new" game, by new I mean
completly new code... Because obviously, the current one is lacking, yeah and
also, a new engine, Tekktonic (-or tronic, or whatever) simply doesnt cut it.

But again, that's just me.

Yeah, something along those lines, would be best, I think.....

[ edited - remember where you are ]

Hell-demon
15-01-05, 23:50
Are we ever going to see different weapon models? Are we ever going to see events?

Oh on the subject of events...what gives. Theres no events at all. Someone elect me as events organiser becuase I havent seen any events and with my twisted mind events could be interesting 8|

Accessories? are these going to be implemented. If your a role player or pker everyone wants cigars, sunglasses or necklaces or what ever. o_O

retr0n
15-01-05, 23:54

[ edited ]

I dont think they should sell it... They should do it themselves imo, I feel that
KK now has the "skills" to do such a thing, but some of the code is as old as
the game itself and is probably the cause of alot of frustration, both among the
players and the coders I imagine.

I feel that if they would start all over again, on a clean slate, and do a new
version of neocron that they would do it good, atleast it would be tens of
times better then it is at it's current state.

But that's just my opinion and a scenarion very very unlikely (sp?) to happend.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-01-05, 00:02

[ edited ] thats Ideal
but if it goes to a shit MMO company like SOE and EA then say byby to NC

Hell-demon
16-01-05, 01:59
Well fingers crossed what ever decision KK make its a good decision :angel:

Ascension
16-01-05, 02:21
I dont think they should sell it... They should do it themselves imo, I feel that
KK now has the "skills" to do such a thing, but some of the code is as old as
the game itself and is probably the cause of alot of frustration, both among the
players and the coders I imagine.

I feel that if they would start all over again, on a clean slate, and do a new
version of neocron that they would do it good, atleast it would be tens of
times better then it is at it's current state.

But that's just my opinion and a scenarion very very unlikely (sp?) to happend.
Yup, its also down to cash.. but imagine the same idea applied again on a clean slate! ;)

hegemonic
16-01-05, 09:09
Playercount is awful.

Customers keep leaving.
That should speak volumes to anyone who owns a business.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

__bigs__

Ninjano2002uk
17-01-05, 17:47
I really got hooked on this game back in beta 1 etc , i remember taken the day off work just to play the last day of beta & sum guy said he did 2 in Tech heaven as we was killing that bot :rolleyes:

but anyhow am starting to get bored :(

Mars is a great server but now am 68/61 am just bored shitless with just Intel & 1 PSI as a APU monk to cap, was thinking of Killing the char to make a Spy but *shrugs*

as for Terra I went there 2day just to see how it was going & its full of Dic ks (would use a better swear word but dont wana be edited =) ) i mean its like most of them are age 10 - 16 , the graphics same bugs & the limited Weapons / Chars / mobs / everythin else is just getting old now..
/Shrugs will play till account runs out then who knows. :confused:

MkVenner
17-01-05, 17:51
1 of my accounts expired coz i forgot to transfer some money into my chequing account, dunno which one yet, if its either of the ones without MkVenner its not getting reactivated, if it is MkVenner tho ill have to scrape the money together and deal with c2p lol :D

giga191
17-01-05, 18:01
whens next patch anyway?

Hell-demon
17-01-05, 18:06
I miss old players like Kramer the Wierd and Trillian...

All those memorable people...gone

I also miss Kiija Iljusha the BD FC :(

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 18:10
I also miss Kiija Iljusha the BD FC :(
She's still about... ;)

Hell-demon
17-01-05, 18:15
Where! I Wub Her! :) :) :) :) :) :)

MkVenner
17-01-05, 19:19
how long was it since the last patch? a month?

//edit: well last one was 22nd, so its month on saturday, but taking 2 weeks out for xmas thats about right