PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] getting something shipped from the US...

nobby
15-01-05, 16:32
hi, i got a DS to be shipped to the UK on monday.
that was the 3rd of january...it's now the 15th and i havn't recieved it...am i getting ripped off by a bloke on Ebay...or does it take this long or longer for something to be shipped.

msdong
15-01-05, 16:54
that was the 3rd of january...it's now the 15th and i havn't recieved it...am i getting ripped off by a bloke on Ebay...or does it take this long or longer for something to be shipped.

2 weeks is nothing special if its not send via air mail.
and if you are unlucky your packet is cought by the "zoll"(ah dont know the english word) and they check if its not a bomb or antrax you are buying.

Xeno LARD
15-01-05, 17:16
Two threads :D.

nobby
15-01-05, 17:17
right...lemmie look.

edit://btw it's getting taken here on ship and not air mail incase you didnt notice.

nobby
15-01-05, 17:18
Aaahhhh!

Delete!

Morganth
15-01-05, 17:18

What do you mean by DS?

If you mean Dimension Splitter then I'd say you need to contact them about it.

Otherwise, yes, you have been scammed. If so you should report it to eBay as the seller has just breached the Terms of Use.

nobby
15-01-05, 17:19
hmph!

i'll give it till fridy!

nobby
15-01-05, 17:20
i'm getting a computer game model sent to me...
nope, sorry i meant the nintendo DS.

Nidhogg
15-01-05, 20:16
Threads merged.

N

-Demon-
15-01-05, 22:59
What do you mean by DS?

If you mean Dimension Splitter then I'd say you need to contact them about it.

Otherwise, yes, you have been scammed. If so you should report it to eBay as the seller has just breached the Terms of Use.

Morganth you been tripping out again? How the hell do you ship a Dimension Splitter?

rofl

Gotterdammerung
15-01-05, 23:55
i bought something on e-bay from germany recently and it took 8 weeks to arrive.

Morganth
16-01-05, 00:12
i'm getting a computer game model sent to me...
nope, sorry i meant the nintendo DS.

It might be floating through customs, hence it taking so long.

Morganth you been tripping out again? How the hell do you ship a Dimension Splitter?

rofl

Well, thats what I wanted to know, lol.

nobby
16-01-05, 00:13
oh my...
i was told 3 to 5 days :lol:

-=Dredduk=-
16-01-05, 02:02
i recently got a ds from u.s with mario.. great fun.. but now im getting psp see what that is like.

psp=playstation portable.

Wraith Guard
16-01-05, 02:16
i got a DS a few weeks back, there pretty cool got a Jap version of Mario though, bastard on ebay didnt tell me that.

nobby
16-01-05, 13:58
how long will it take a package to float through customs?

Morganth
16-01-05, 17:09
how long will it take a package to float through customs?

I don't know exactly, however if they think its dodgy it could take a few weeks as different officials poke at it to see if it explodes/gets them stoned.

naimex
16-01-05, 18:16
i bought something on e-bay from germany recently and it took 8 weeks to arrive.

from germany to germany in only 8 weeks..

gotta be a record lol

nobby
17-01-05, 19:51
I don't know exactly, however if they think its dodgy it could take a few weeks as different officials poke at it to see if it explodes/gets them stoned.

lol :lol: :p

Xeno LARD
19-01-05, 02:32
Has it come yet?

Ascension
19-01-05, 03:32
I didnt buy something from Germany, yet the company put me on an un-paid item strike :wtf:

Original monk
19-01-05, 10:18

exciting job these guys have hehe, if they dont get high or didnt explode that day they didnt do there job well :)

Kopaka
19-01-05, 10:33
TheJester sold his account like 4 or 5 weeks ago and still hasnt recieved the money for it..
we keep telling him he'll never get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesterthegreat
19-01-05, 14:42
TheJester sold his account like 4 or 5 weeks ago and still hasnt recieved the money for it..
we keep telling him he'll never get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

he shouldnt have bought it in the first place tbh :p

nobby
20-01-05, 19:06
Has it come yet?

no it hasn't.
here is a mail i recieved from the bloke...

"Hello,
when I enter the tracking # EC103668366US, it says
they attempted to deliver your package at 9:09 am on
January 14, 2005.
You should call your locale poste office and ask about
the package.
thanks,
Michel.
PS: I also scan the receipt."

receipt is pic, i've cut out my address because i'm freightened that xeno will come and kill me...or i suppose i'd let him in for a nice cup of tea :)

berty
20-01-05, 19:19
further info for you:-

INTO FOREIGN CUSTOMS, GREAT BRITAIN, January 13, 2005, 8:11 pm
ARRIVED ABROAD, GREAT BRITAIN, January 13, 2005, 1:53 pm
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, MIAMI AMC, January 05, 2005, 3:13 pm
ENROUTE, January 03, 2005, 7:47 pm, NASHVILLE, TN 37227
ACCEPTANCE, January 03, 2005, 4:26 pm, CLARKSVILLE, TN 37043

nobby
20-01-05, 19:20
ok...
btw/ i went to the post office, they didn't have it, i spoke to Fedex, they didn't recognise the tracking number...the bloke i think, sent it off with UPS, i went on UPS.com and tried to phone them, for some reason my bloody phone keeps getting diverted to BT!
WOT DO I DO?

berty
20-01-05, 19:43
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirmfaqs.htm#H1

try that link to start with, if it need signing for it will be at your local sorting office - not the post office (slight difference between the two) if you dont know where it is ask the local postie or at the post office. You will probably have to explain to them (very slowly) that youve had a package delivered from the US but there was no-one home to sign for it so it has come back to them, and get them to do a thorough search.

You may be in luck and its sat on the shelf waiting for you to sign for it or it may be winging its way back to the US as the PO cant be bothered to try and redeliver, but you had better hurry as they dont normally hold packages over 14 days - they RTS.

nobby
20-01-05, 19:45
well i would have had a note through the door from the postman if noone was home when the postman came...

Tratos
20-01-05, 21:36
from germany to germany in only 8 weeks..

gotta be a record lol
I believe gotter is from America/some where over the pond?

nobby
20-01-05, 21:41
AHHH! FFS!
Kids from my school are showing off with their new DS's!
DOING MY HEAD IN! I wANT MiNE Now

nobby
23-01-05, 02:14
what if a fedex bloke van man wotsit brought it to my house, i were not in...how long would they keep it for...and what would they do with it?

Xeno LARD
23-01-05, 04:29
what if a fedex bloke van man wotsit brought it to my house, i were not in...how long would they keep it for...and what would they do with it?

They wouldn't send it back or anything. Try giving UPS a call from another phone. Then enquire about the tracking number, is it valid? etc.

If not, you got conned :(.

(How much was it btw?)

nobby
23-01-05, 18:02
was 143 quid...then + 15 for postage....then add.......VAT! *cries* :(

nobby
25-01-05, 15:11
then add duty charges! *cries...river of tears* :(

oh well, while my parents were in India, my DAD got a letter, but i wasn't gonna open his mail...saying that i have to pick it up and pay 25 quid in duty charges...THE HELL!!!

but anyway, found daddies credit card in the kitchen! :D

should be at my house when i get home!

WEEEEE!!!!! :lol: :p :lol:

Spermy
25-01-05, 16:44
then add duty charges! *cries...river of tears* :(

oh well, while my parents were in India, my DAD got a letter, but i wasn't gonna open his mail...saying that i have to pick it up and pay 25 quid in duty charges...THE HELL!!!

As is the way with imports. :o

but anyway, found daddies credit card in the kitchen! :D

You did what?! 8| He's gonna love you when he reads the statement. I suggest you hide. in a VERY safe place, card misuse is not cool fella.

should be at my house when i get home!

Wewt?

WEEEEE!!!!! :lol: :p :lol:

stupid5letterminneedstosuckmyballs.

sanityislost
25-01-05, 16:47
Nobby your gona get a spanking/pwn'd when your dad gets home :p

SiL ..:..

QuantumDelta
25-01-05, 20:30
If he's lucky.

Then again the fact that his parents left him there like that could explain a few things..............

Spermy
25-01-05, 20:45
Nobs... Words cannot describe my abject disappointment at the near terminal stupidity you have displayed. You are aware that if he queries the charge on his credit card that HE COULDN'T HAVE USED AT THE TIME (In india), he's gonna get fucked up the ass by the CC, either that or you are.

Seriously dude, not cool.

I'd let em know if I were you.