PDA

View Full Version : Need help badly... ( someones DoSing my website )

tomparadox
14-01-05, 22:36
Been a while since iv posted C2p screwed up my accounts so i took a break, im back now though.

Anyway, ok someone is DoSing my site www.lostomega.net (http://www.lostomega.net) and several others on my hosts server, there using proxie 400+ IPs, dose anyone know how to stop this? or how to track it? whoever is doing this has put my host 1000 GB over his BW limit and that was in a period of less than a day.

anyway, i would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give, thanks.

Lexxuk
14-01-05, 23:20
Nothing you can do about it, its upto your host's ISP.

tomparadox
15-01-05, 00:07
damn, what can my host do about it? iv talked to him i dont think he knows what to do.

retr0n
15-01-05, 00:18
damn, what can my host do about it? iv talked to him i dont think he knows what to do.

In that case, it's a shit host and you should get a better one anyway

tomparadox
15-01-05, 01:36
actualy its a good host, i think hes doing something about it i just talked to him. he said hed have it sorted within a day or 2.

Lexxuk
15-01-05, 02:26
host should divert the IP being dos'd into a blackhole, whilst giving you a new IP address

tomparadox
15-01-05, 04:06
i think he did that, he said he fixed it and all the sites are back up now.

Xeno LARD
15-01-05, 17:08
Nice site.

tomparadox
16-01-05, 02:42
thanks, you can join if you want =p i need people. i got someone working on a cheatcodes section but they havent added it yet ><. if anyone makes mods contact me on my MSN/AIM wich is in my profile and ill make it so you can host mods if you want to. also can you host tools for NC if you want. i plan on adding a NC2 client mirror.

also if anyone wants there clan to have a small forum i can get you one and so that only ur members can see it.

edit: hows my sig look btw? just made it.

edit: erm, cany anyone see my sig? i cant see it...

Ascension
16-01-05, 02:48
thanks, you can join if you want =p i need people. i got someone working on a cheatcodes section but they havent added it yet ><. if anyone makes mods contact me on my MSN/AIM wich is in my profile and ill make it so you can host mods if you want to. also can you host tools for NC if you want. i plan on adding a NC2 client mirror.

also if anyone wants there clan to have a small forum i can get you one and so that only ur members can see it.

edit: hows my sig look btw? just made it.

edit: erm, cany anyone see my sig? i cant see it...
U need to edit the post then in additional options tick "show sig"

Lexxuk
16-01-05, 03:08
without looking at the code, is that e107?

Ascension
16-01-05, 03:11
without looking at the code, is that e107?
if thats e107 then thats really moved allong, i can remember trying that a couple years back! was full of major bugs etc :)

edit:// Just view sourced the page! nicely spotted Lexx

Lexxuk
16-01-05, 03:16
e107 has come along quite well recently, I recognised it simply because its the only CMS I know that uses news.php as its index. Other nice ones these days are Mambo and LDU (Land Down Under). Mambo is my fav though, its on my site (which no one can access without a 403, I love .htaccess :D)

tomparadox
16-01-05, 04:11
yup, its e107. latest version. theres a realy cool newer theme on there theme site ( forgot what its called ) but its got new transparent menus and a butten on the main page that will change the background and make all the menus transparent, normal only one menu is transpaent this will make the chat box and all that transparent, its a realy cool theme.