PDA

View Full Version : City Of Heroes

Menome
14-01-05, 21:21
Just wondering if any of the US or import people here have played it. Is it any good?

I know PvP wont happen until the City Of Villains expansion, but I have enough money to try another MMORPG and wondered if this one was worth the money once it comes out over in Blighty.

Obsidian X
14-01-05, 21:50
Yeah same here, I know a lot of people here don't like the idea of No PVP, but I for one am looking forward to this game hitting UK shores.

Jesterthegreat
14-01-05, 22:02
ill get it when the expansion comes out... i dont wanna be a good guy so why spend ages playin just topack up nad playa new char with the expansion? :p

Oath
14-01-05, 22:14
ill get it when the expansion comes out... i dont wanna be a good guy so why spend ages playin just topack up nad playa new char with the expansion? :p

Agreed.

Good guys = wank ;)

retr0n
14-01-05, 22:28
Speaking of City of Heroes... I just had a good laugh....

http://www.cityofheroes.com/media/Costume%20Contest%204/pictures/image2.jpg

http://www.cityofheroes.com/media/Costume%20Contest%204/pictures/image7.jpg

--- edit

Oh and here is another treat.... You be the judge.... Clicky!! (ftp://ftp.cityofheroes.com/movies/Ambush_in_Perez_Park400.mov)

Obsidian X
14-01-05, 22:41
Are UK/Euro players forbidden from playing the US version? I don't care where the servers are located, but do they care who plays on them?

giga191
15-01-05, 05:28
I played it for a month or two but i found that every mob that you fight it the same fight over and over again. Good theme though seems a bit wasted though

notneo
15-01-05, 15:31
atm i play on the us servers ,but there is an open beta for the european severs,link on the main website for it.

tbh i would play on the us servers any way as there are normally some good folk around willing to team and some high lvl supes holding costume competitions ,and giving their own "cash" as prizes

the english server is ok ,but obviusly is full of nibs ,i do have a defender there ,if we get to keep the alts i will cancel my us version problabbly and start an acoount on the european server ,

and yes im a care bear so non pvp is a ok by me

i got my copy on import a while ago ,amazon will be selling it on feb 4th,and at $15 a month you do get a lot of character slots

Menome
15-01-05, 16:34
Well it seems like its gonna be good then. I dont mind waiting to play the villain, I'll just be the goody-two-shoes hero for now.

But I guess the current lawsuit from Marvel means I wont be able to re-create Gambit from the X-Men. : - (

Xeno LARD
15-01-05, 17:14
Looks.. fun?