PDA

View Full Version : History of the Spy?

Xeron Brigs
14-01-05, 07:20
Ok, all classes have a story about their origion except the spys. Let me elaborate....
PEs: Average ordinary Humans.
GenTanks: Genetically engineered Humans created during the Ceres Wars as soldiers.
Psi Monks: Human Evolution caused by living in caverns for generations.
So how did spys come about? I am guessing that they are just individuals with special training, or they are those nerdy guys who always get picked on in school. Anyone know the history of the spy?

trigger hurt
14-01-05, 07:45
if you read the backstory before "NC 1" takes place, you'll see that the spies worked for the monks in the psi monk secret security service. Before then, they were probably the smart guys who figured out what the ceres disks meant.

Nvidia
14-01-05, 07:52
Not story-related, but some in-game memories about spies that'll always be with me...

Basically, back when there were no safe slots, if you were a spy and saw any enemy coming at you besides another spy, you just stopped dead in your tracks, put your best weapon inside your backpack, and counted how many steps you got before you had to select a GR. :lol:

Good times those were. ;)

Pungent77
14-01-05, 08:32
They sure were good times :)

Spies are nerds with hard-ons, they do deserve a spot in history tho....

SorkZmok
14-01-05, 09:13
They sure were good times :)

Spies are nerds with hard-ons, they do deserve a spot in history tho....
A stupid post is better than no post at all, right?

O_o

E. Cryton
14-01-05, 09:49
A stupid post is better than no post at all, right?

O_o
it is.

Xeno LARD
14-01-05, 15:14
it is.
is it?

Spermy
14-01-05, 15:18
Fuzzy duck fuzzy duck fuzzy duck ducky fuzz ducky fuzz ducky fuzz duzzy fuck duzzy fuck duzzy he fuck fucky duzz fucky duzz fucky duzz...

while we're being silly. :D

Ministry
14-01-05, 15:19
Not story-related, but some in-game memories about spies that'll always be with me...

Basically, back when there were no safe slots, if you were a spy and saw any enemy coming at you besides another spy, you just stopped dead in your tracks, put your best weapon inside your backpack, and counted how many steps you got before you had to select a GR. :lol:

Good times those were. ;)i dunno about that, i could think of a few spies early on who could hold there own

Nvidia
14-01-05, 18:44
But back then, there was no stealth tools, no PA that gave you 117 X-Ray resist, or the powerhouse drug setups we have today. If you did find a spy that could hold his own, that's pretty impressive, but I met a lot, and I'll tell you my little story could apply to each and every one of em. ;)

Dribble Joy
14-01-05, 18:50
Most of the problem with the whole 'uber' spies we have now is due to the spy PA :(.

Cliffraiser
14-01-05, 18:52
what nvidia says basically, all spies were gimps back then, and more or less only usefull for tradeskilling.

And spies are far from overpowered. Even up close. a Good spy just wont be able to go toe to toe with for instance a good tank. Not even spyware with his scary con

Dribble Joy
14-01-05, 18:58
A spy is more than capable of squaring up to a tank.

I didn't say they were overpowered, but it has led to class indistinction.

RogerRamjet
14-01-05, 19:31
There was no such things as a spy till Kid Brainiac came along :p

Dribble Joy
14-01-05, 19:33
Everyone knows some one who 'invented' the spy setup as we know it now.

Cubico
14-01-05, 19:37
IIRC, there were also no deflector, poison, fire and energy belts at the beginning of retail.

Dribble Joy
14-01-05, 19:40
IIRC, there were also no deflector, poison, fire and energy belts at the beginning of retail.
Only energy field?

Spermy
14-01-05, 19:54
Man spies were fucked back then....

=/

Cliffraiser
14-01-05, 20:11
A spy is more than capable of squaring up to a tank.

I didn't say they were overpowered, but it has led to class indistinction.

sure they stay around till they get low on health and then stealth, there more of a fight then a PE though i agree on that

Kopaka
14-01-05, 20:13
fight revengers eye and any random spy, then post here again ^^
hes a PE btw

Xeron Brigs
15-01-05, 06:03
if you read the backstory before "NC 1" takes place, you'll see that the spies worked for the monks in the psi monk secret security service. Before then, they were probably the smart guys who figured out what the ceres disks meant.

In the history it actually never says anything about Spys working for the Secret Service, but that is probably how they origionated. If this is true, than Lioon Reza must be a Spy (He worked for the secret service before he created the Twilight Guardians.) But still, while the spys did work for the secret service, why is their constitution and strength so low? All agents in a Secret Service of any sort are always at least stronger than most people. Balance Issues I am guessing.

trigger hurt
15-01-05, 07:45
I suggest you read the story, then.

Straight from the Neocron History.

Many of the most intelligent and agile citizens of Neocron have been recruited for the NSD (Neocron Security Department). The NSD succeeds in planting some of their members in the Ceres Project, who pass on information to the people of Crahn. Crahn is totally enraged when he learns about the Ceres Project. He knows that in case of war his people cannot come up with something adequate to this technological leap, and thus he orders the Psi Monks to initiate the elite of the NSD-Spies in the psionic techniques so they can read the minds of the researches of the Ceres Project.

All agents in a Secret Service of any sort are always at least stronger than most people.

Had you been around in early retail of NC1, you would remember that spies dex used to cap lower and they had more strength and con. But people brought it up that a spies abilities were supposed to be high intelligence and agility, so, the spies caps were adjusted to give a spy 100 dex/int. The points that were added to dex were removed from str/con.

Siguršur
16-01-05, 03:41
sometimes I get the feeling that you whores dont play the same game as I play..... and I play NEocron....

..... Zyccy the beast ..................... Rebel with cause...

http://www.finalresistance.com/images/profiles/rebel.jpg

trigger hurt
16-01-05, 03:45
sometimes I get the feeling that you whores dont play the same game as I play..... and I play NEocron....

..... Zyccy the beast ..................... Rebel with cause...

http://www.finalresistance.com/images/profiles/rebel.jpg

Sometimes, it's kinda nice knowing the background of why things are the way they are ingame and not just being a spy who has to take 5 drugs to even the playing field.

Siguršur
16-01-05, 04:56
my spy takes 2 drugs and never more than 2................. ill duel ya inn NF ,, if you beat me you get 50k,,,,,,,,,,, (those who know me know I dont lie)

trigger hurt
16-01-05, 05:07
my spy takes 2 drugs and never more than 2................. ill duel ya inn NF ,, if you beat me you get 50k,,,,,,,,,,, (those who know me know I dont lie)

On saturn, I fought you enough. Some I won, some I lost. It works that way sometimes.

On the other hand, you speak as if 50k is alot of money. Start uping the ante into the millions, talking double digit millions, then I might make the effort to log on an actual fighting character to see who will win this time around. But alas, I know you don't have that much cash...so...do some hunting, sell some stuff and lemme know.

Xeron Brigs
16-01-05, 06:18
I suggest you read the story, then.Straight from the Neocron History.
Ok, didn't remember that part.

Siguršur
17-01-05, 01:21
On the other hand, you speak as if 50k is alot of money. Start uping the ante into the millions, talking double digit millions, then I might make the effort to log on an actual fighting character to see who will win this time around. But alas, I know you don't have that much cash...so...do some hunting, sell some stuff and lemme know.

ok leds say one million k .......... I already got the money .. so all you have to do now is quit shithing on this dam forum and conntact me inngame for a NF duel...........

,,,,,, Zyccy the beast ,,Rebel with a cause,,,,,,,,,http://www.finalresistance.com/images/profiles/rebel.jpg

Dribble Joy
17-01-05, 01:29
50k should be a fair amount of cash. Shame it's not. not enough cash sinks and OP still giving money....

Ah well, barter economy is fun.

trigger hurt
17-01-05, 01:38
ok leds say one million k .......... I already got the money .. so all you have to do now is quit shithing on this dam forum and conntact me inngame for a NF duel...........

,,,,,, Zyccy the beast ,,Rebel with a cause,,,,,,,,,http://www.finalresistance.com/images/profiles/rebel.jpg

and you still come on ventrilo occasionally begging people to give you shelters or other stuff for your nib chars. You're annoying. From your singing to your guitar playing to the time you took a shower with your headset on so we could all hear you.

This was to get a rise out of you. It worked. Enough so that you had to come on ventrilo to track me down.

trigger hurt
17-01-05, 01:41
50k should be a fair amount of cash. Shame it's not. not enough cash sinks and OP still giving money....

Ah well, barter economy is fun.

None of my chars are in a clan. None of my chars got money from bartering or from TL 150 research missions. It all came the hard way. I earned every cent. Now that terra is boring as hell to play and I have just about 1 of everything in the game again...didnt take me 2 years to amass my fortune this time around, I moved to mars to start all over.

Which is why it will take double digit millions for me to even log on to terra to see if I win or lose.