PDA

View Full Version : What the H#*K(net) am I doing wrong?

Spikadelia
13-01-05, 13:30
So I thought I'd try one of NC2's new features Hacknet.

LoMed a capped spy. Read the forums. Thought I had the set-up covered. Dumped 150 into HCK, 130 into TC. EN and XR resists are at 66.

Bought the multi-link lvl 3 software, BP'd, CST'd et etc. Got into Hacknet either through the VR entry points and tried my GR. Approached combat as a hybrid psi, ie buff and then attack the mobs.

Except I'm looking at my arse neatly handed to me on a plate all the time. Even the low level mobs, as for Infected Storage level 2/3 well forget it. A few seconds would be my average lifespan.

Now I don't mind a challenge and took a few days trying to learn the basics but this is insane. Before I splode with frustration has anyone got any suggestions how to at least explore Hacknet with a degree more success?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Original monk
13-01-05, 13:47
i never been in hacknet ever, so i cant help you with info, yust wanted to ask if its possible to travel true hacknet with 60 hack ? do i need any hacksoftware or anything ? also its on a char with 0 TC ...

i dont want to loot animals, dont need xp, dont need to hack factiondatabases, i yust wonna travel true genreps .. possible ??

and can you use youre regular selfbuffs in hacknet ?

dunno shit euh .. nothing about it tbh lol

Capt. Rik
13-01-05, 13:52
i never been in hacknet ever, so i cant help you with info, yust wanted to ask if its possible to travel true hacknet with 60 hack ? do i need any hacksoftware or anything ? also its on a char with 0 TC ...

i dont want to loot animals, dont need xp, dont need to hack factiondatabases, i yust wonna travel true genreps .. possible ??

and can you use youre regular selfbuffs in hacknet ?

dunno shit euh .. nothing about it tbh lol

I travelled thru hacknet on my monk with 20 hack - with a spy booster 1 it's just possible to beat the computer and get in.

I travelled through a load of zones before being owned by an 80/80 mob somewhere around TH :(

SorkZmok
13-01-05, 14:04
Well, if you wouldve read the forums properly, you shouldve known that the mobs are still broken and way too hard.
Especially the ones in those hacknet sewers are insane.

And about traveling through hacknet, its still possible although it quite hard to get through alive now. You can be lucky and run through without getting shot once or you will be dead before you even synched into one of the links completely.
Actually traveling is the only real purpose hacknet got now, leveling is shit due to broken mobs, loot sucks, the techparts are piss easy to get that i think they might get wiped anyway. Not to mention its gonna be ages until the put in the endboss that drops the last parts needed.
Oh theres BPs to download. But if you can get into hacknet, you can get those aswell.

Hacknet wooooooooo. o_O

Tidus_Origin
13-01-05, 14:33
you can use your real-world buffs in hacknet, if you use them before you go in.....and vice-versa, funnily enough...

Spikadelia
13-01-05, 14:38
So in other words a complete waste of hours of LoMing and plenty of hard to come by NC cash?

Oh SKKrew this, another crock of shite at the end of the Neo-rainbow. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Riddle
13-01-05, 14:42
MObs are broken :(

I killed a lv 60 mob then got wasted by a level 20 mob!!

Forget it and since they dropped run speed in there its a waste of time cant even leggit through :(

Coolmoose
13-01-05, 14:47
I admit, loot is poor, and if you want to make a codebreaker and want to keep your SL and FS as it is....well not very easy or even impossible atm. But I started a new char as a pure hacker and man it was hard at first to get the int to a level where i could use the hacknet software (i never lommed).Basically cube running is one of the fastest to a certain point. Exp is good tho if you travel somewhere like NC or DOY travel 6 and take out the 80/80 mobs. got 3 mil exp in an hour.and in the process since you get the 2,5 cash per ping packet, it's a good sum of money and quite easy. And about the corrupted areas, it seems that you get killed if you can't shoot first. I have cleared all 3 areas without getting killed, but i'm not sure what kind of things do they count as an exploit. so I don't go there much. I just travel far enough.

Freaky Fryd
13-01-05, 15:37

If it's purely for travel, you can even get into hacknet on a 0/2 character with 20 points of hack and get to GRs around the map.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-01-05, 15:49
O_o
dont use multi link it doesnt work.

and I can solo any mobs in the travels with my attack 2 heal/shelter 3

Bugs Gunny
13-01-05, 16:03
Since they reduced runspeed inside hacknet, i don't think anyone will be traveling through it anymore with 20 hack. You are crawling and you'll drop to the 60/60 mobs in the travelpaths.

I found this out the hard way as i hacked third layer at an op, didn't realize it was third, ended up inside hacknet on a hc pe with 117 hack with drug and selfbuf. Guess who i ran into (read crawled towards). VOLVO.
He looked at me, took out his lowest level spell and droped me in two shots :-)

But hey, i'm going to lom my pistol spy back to hacknet next week. As there is no mob hunting that comes close to the cash and xp you can get in there.

msdong
13-01-05, 16:21
...and plenty of hard to come by NC cash? ...

well, you get that money easy from killing the 60 mobs on the travel ways.
earn more money with that on my HC-PE them hunting firemobs on my rhino.

Spermy
13-01-05, 16:28
So I thought I'd try one of NC2's new features Hacknet.

LoMed a capped spy. Read the forums. Thought I had the set-up covered. Dumped 150 into HCK, 130 into TC. EN and XR resists are at 66.

Bought the multi-link lvl 3 software, BP'd, CST'd et etc. Got into Hacknet either through the VR entry points and tried my GR. Approached combat as a hybrid psi, ie buff and then attack the mobs.

Except I'm looking at my arse neatly handed to me on a plate all the time. Even the low level mobs, as for Infected Storage level 2/3 well forget it. A few seconds would be my average lifespan.

Now I don't mind a challenge and took a few days trying to learn the basics but this is insane. Before I splode with frustration has anyone got any suggestions how to at least explore Hacknet with a degree more success?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Ish a bug!

Positive of it, when you first enter HN, you are the proverbial chinashop to the hacknets bull. Smashy Smashy.

It's A problem I have too, Using top level multilinks, shelter and heal firts, attack after, and keep heal perma running because HN has a nasty ass habit of knocking you for six when you don't expect it, Oh, and bring paper plates for the ass, china ones get ruined so easily :)

I'm not going to bother going in until the patch is applied, because it's just, well. It's dodgy at the mo.

Social-Zero
13-01-05, 23:14
Ah, it's funny cause this and the new DOY city were the biggest features of the so called new game Neocron 2, and they are both crap.

DOY is dull , boring and repetitive and Hacknet won't work properly till the next 20 patches.

Yet it still went retail after a horrible rushed beta test

Asurmen Spec Op
13-01-05, 23:49
dont use multi link guys.
with my attack 2 heal and shelter 3
I can solo ANY travel mobs