PDA

View Full Version : Wat was your fav event

witch hunter
12-01-05, 19:13
Just wondering wat ppls fav event was in the time they have been playing nec and wat sort of events we would all like 2 c in the future.

My fav event was the raid on TG canyons was greet fun running with all my fellow pro city runners killing them evil TG scum. was greet fun would love 2 do that again sum time but on DOY and on a realy large scale.

Would love 2 c dif types of event like raids story based events that go on over a few weeks but with rewards at the end of them for the ppl that take place in them come on KK ur comunity is calling for u 2 give us more 2 do then hunt mobs and other runners. and it might help stop the llied pking ;) as the bored runners have things 2 do.

So all post ur ideas and mayb we might c sum of the ideas put in 2 use

Tidus_Origin
12-01-05, 19:20
Favourite KK event - N/A (not been to any, only read about them...no, really)
Favourite Player event - Fight Night

Future events : A big war in one sector (something like Dynasty Warriors 4), where a set number of players from procity and anti city make 2 big teams (as many as possible to make a good battle experience).

Then at a set time, the Pro-City's GR in. They then run to the south of the zone. 10 minutes later, the Anti-City's GR in. They all meet at the north edge of the zone.

When they're all ready, someone counts down over zone chat, and the fight begins.

-- Or...

The teams (like in the first idea) take it in turns to be attackers/defenders (like on UT2k3). First, the anti-city's defend DoY while the pro-city's attack. Then they switch places and the pro-city's defend Neocron.

Terayon
13-01-05, 01:19
I was going to say i barely ever see events, but thinking back on nc maybe thats not true :P. One of my favorites was probably the event where doy was attacking (or somtihng like this) and tonnes of mobs where spawned in the city. PP was awosme becouse you would be in one of the buildings and on the street below there where just massive amounts of mobs. All the aoe weapons from the decks of buildings looked great.

The one where we had to find the pattern to the kami guys was fun. I never found the pattern, unless it was just a line, then i got it. Anyways i took out a kami heavy tank with my lib. Took me like an hour becouse i had to keep making him run into warbots and the lib isent good for sniping. Afterwards i found the psi kami guy and he dropped me in 2 hits. He was right on the side on the peak of a hill, so i ran right into him by accident.

Lexxuk
13-01-05, 02:58
fav event was way back in B4, in oz subway station lots of mobs were spawned and stuff, then you heard a GM on the GM channel say "if anymore crackheads pk at this event the whole clan will be banned!" that kinda thing sticks with ya

sanityislost
13-01-05, 03:13
My fav event was the One where we had to protect TG from the CA guards,
after all the guards where dead we ran off to raid CA HQ for pay back :p .

SiL ..:..

Xeno LARD
13-01-05, 06:33
XMas event was cool. Just luck that I was online at the time though.

Agent L
13-01-05, 11:29
Fight Night

Never participated in any GM events.
Once in beta there was a quiz with a shop-bought reward (when everyone had bilions of cash). Of course I immediatly launched counter-event with doubled reward...

I disregard GM events, even GM apearance on FN is harmful imho.

Ah, wait, with all those crappy memories I forgot about one actually good GM event. It was event for small team, when no GM appeared as allmighty and everything was conducted in a rp-way. That kind of events are good ones ! Too bad noone (afaik)makes them today : (

Ministry
13-01-05, 13:08
well actual events id say the point red event, despite the fact that pro city couldnt win(TG guards just kept respawning) it was still a fun fight.

although my fav was the anarchy breed one, not because it was a good event, wouldnt know didnt turn up for it, i just came for the mass pvp at the OZ station afterwards

berty
13-01-05, 13:18
Before this turns into a "KK never gaves us any events" - these are the ones that have stuck in my mind:-

MB DOY attack - clearing the elevator and steps of DOY bots.
TGRKillers mini event - attacking DOY with the invisible GMs spawning wave after wave of WBs and DOY bots.
Lauras drug party - Rust and all its paranoid enjoyment.
Terminator run - the joy of taking Odin down with my tank.
Walters CM Spec Ops run - trying to smuggle datacubes through wastelands only to end up dead at the end of a BD anti-vehicle rocket ;).
The mass DOY attack on NC.
VOTR opening party.
Canyon attack - various times.
The Rezza week - some of the events within that were nice.

Thanks to Arb keep up the good work and well done the Ceres team ;) (Keep the faith)

[edit] OMG almost forgot the bestest event of all time "Weeeeeeee Weeeeeeeee Weeeeee Crab and Spider"

Dribble Joy
13-01-05, 13:20
well actual events id say the point red event, despite the fact that pro city couldnt win(TG guards just kept respawning) it was still a fun fight.
OMG!, I rember that!

It was the first time I had ever been to point red, it wasn't for months afterwards that I found out that it wasn't a TG outpost :p.

I got several favourite events.
The TG invasion at the end of NC1 was fun. Pro NC forces raiding the place, with CM hired as well.

The rust event, well done and a bit wierd.

XaNToR
13-01-05, 13:32
TG vs neocron in industrial sector 2

more than two years ago, no ppus around, 5 h fighting until NC won :(

it was simply fun :)

Dribble Joy
13-01-05, 13:34
no ppus around
Why do we have to drag up the past!! WHY?!

The good times are gone! It's just not the same anymore....

Why do you allways hurt me?... *sob*

Original monk
13-01-05, 13:40
favourite events (KK organised) :

-beta4 spawnevent at MB .. with the bots that shoot red lasers outta there eyes :) 700 people in 1 zone, crashing with every step you take, lucious :P

-forseti's spawnevent at OZ 1 taking us over all outzone's (also a while ago)

-the christmasevent lead by arbiter on saturn, on top of OZ station, trowing presents at eachother etc :) extremely enjoyable, 2 bad i got slaughtered on an extreme cruel mather afterwords by dangerklaus, but still very enjoyable hehe

-event at battledome where people could compete with eachother, in teams or 1vs1 ... also vs spawned mobs/NPC's, all in the arena of battledome ... very fun :)

-last but certainly not least: the spawnevent (think early retail) in PP3 sewers where they started spawning scorpionqueens (not ingame back then) and lots of other fun stuff like spiderballs and appartitions :)

these where all on saturn ffcourse so most of em ended in a random kill frenzy ..

worst event ever:

-GM's running around over the map wich you should kill to gain terminator parts ... i RACED all over the map for about 30 times, whent everywhere and checked all genreps wich took a few hours ... didnt even saw 1 GM .. on the other hand my friend who was in lan next to me died and true deadcam we saw some "unclean" stuff happen .. not fun :/

but in general 99% of the events where very enjoyable :) yust there wherent that much of em back then hehe

Ministry
13-01-05, 13:46
a few more events that ive jsut remembered, the mob spawn in the plaza sewers, ceres mobs, blood viper, shamen, those flapper bats, all sorts, at that point i hadnt seen them, remember turning a corner, saw the shamen laughed at this little yoda guy started to attack, got hit by poison, started thinking, hmm this isnt working out right, a tank then rushes around corner, starts firing, then suddenly we both drop dead, and im trying to see past this bulking PA guy on the floor to see what item i dropped(he dropped medi i dropped spell, go figure)

also zerosanitys spawn event at CRP, the actual event was ok, but it was the tank battles before the event that made it fun, guys like Vila, Rizzy, Prom,eminance, Rattlecage magnazan etc all there on there tanks and duking it out with a few of us hybrids rezzing where needed.

CMaster
13-01-05, 14:21
Only KK events I have seen were: Christmas GM killing fest and DoY bots attacking OZ station.

Out of curiosity - anyone ever seen a "Job Dealer"?

Dribble Joy
13-01-05, 14:24
I have. The CM and BT ones ingame. They gave me a mission, twas funky.
Got 18k for it, fed my redflash habit for a day or two.

As an Ex-FCA I still talk to a few of them from time to time, they are about, but most also have GM duties.

Jesterthegreat
13-01-05, 14:31
fav event was way back in B4, in oz subway station lots of mobs were spawned and stuff, then you heard a GM on the GM channel say "if anymore crackheads pk at this event the whole clan will be banned!" that kinda thing sticks with ya

i loved that... random QB drop too... i got many an item that day :D

Transformer
13-01-05, 15:34
Favorite player Event: Fight Night

Favorite GM Event: When Chenoa was having some fun at Cycrow spawning loads of CA gaurds, Fire mobs, Cere's Prototypes, Y troops, Juggernaut, and prob some other shit i missed because of the sheer madness. Thx for that mini-event. loads of fun. (heh i got it all on vid i might make a complete video outta what i have. You can here all the FF people in vent going "OHH SHIT" when the juggernaut spawned)

Lexxuk
13-01-05, 16:09
i loved that... random QB drop too... i got many an item that day :D

hehe, ya, I met up with crackheads on 2nd server I was on in B4, nathan profitt, evil bugger, in the end though i was pretty friendly with crackheads and they didnt bother pk'in me anymore :D

another *event* I remember, I was up north somewhere with some friends, and a rat was spawned in plaza 1, so all you heard over GM channel was "please ignore the people trying to have sex with the rat" heh

RogerRamjet
13-01-05, 19:55
The DOY in OZ station event...

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/Neocron/rogerswearing.jpg

Sigma
13-01-05, 20:34
[...]-the christmasevent lead by arbiter on saturn, on top of OZ station, trowing presents at eachother etc :) extremely enjoyable, 2 bad i got slaughtered on an extreme cruel mather afterwords by dangerklaus, but still very enjoyable hehe[...]

Was without a doubt my favorite Event, too.

:angel:

Jesterthegreat
13-01-05, 21:33
The DOY in OZ station event...

thats not the B4 one though :(

Dr Strange
14-01-05, 01:29
Seen and been too 1 whole event, the first TH player auction thing in NC2 (back in November I think). Didn't really go well, wasn't really fun, and just wasted my time. Other auctions happened after that, that supposedly went smoother and better.

Was caving once when Lupus decided to spawn a couple Little Bastards, that was fun :)

Kuya
14-01-05, 02:19
NC 1 goodbye Parteh on Pluto :D w00t

Tostino
14-01-05, 02:52
Sadly that was the only offical event I have ever heard of before it hapend. So that means its the only one i have ever been to :(

japata
14-01-05, 09:45
Ah my favourite event: kill a GM, get a terminator.

Okay, so there I was, in the middle of wastes on my HA scorpion chatting with some buddies who were also waiting for the event to start. I see a message in Admin channel "Event is now starting" and suddenly a GM spawns RIGHT on top my bike, my bike gets stuck, I have to get up and in again to start chasing the nasty PE.

He can't damage me and I can't hit him, a fair chase for over two sectors. Finally I catch him and let him taste my rockets. With some help from one of my friends who intercepted him we manage to waste the GM.

Now my hands are shaking from all the adrenaline and I go to find the tags... but what the fuck, the dog tags fell inside the ground along with his backpack. That makes me very angry so I go pick up some more ammo from goguardian.

On the way there I see a shadow in the horizon... with a familiar name. :)

So there we go again, we dance around the sector with plasma and rockets flying everywhere. GM drops and so does his tags and I get my terminator. :)

That was fun. :p

Original monk
14-01-05, 10:05
Was without a doubt my favorite Event, too.

you sir, are evil :o

hehe

Sigma
14-01-05, 13:57
you sir, are evil :o

hehe

And I am very proud of it.

;)

Darkener
14-01-05, 14:03
And I am very proud of it.

;)
Cant be that evil i hear you play everquest 2. Id say the lack of PvP has nulled your sences you wouldnt even know what to do with a cs if it had an aimbot :P . Come back to Nc phobos :P

Sigma
14-01-05, 14:41
Cant be that evil i hear you play everquest 2. Id say the lack of PvP has nulled your sences you wouldnt even know what to do with a cs if it had an aimbot :P . Come back to Nc phobos :P

1.) I stopped playing EQ2 1 month ago, hated the grind.

2.) PlanetSide is where it's at, atm.

3.) I wouldn't touch NC with a 10ft. pole.

:p

Jesterthegreat
14-01-05, 14:43

ugh...

UT with a monthly subscription and added lag...

Xeno LARD
14-01-05, 14:57
1.) I stopped playing EQ2 1 month ago, hated the grind.

3.) I wouldn't touch NC with a 10ft. pole.

:p

Get the fuck off the forums.

14-01-05, 15:01
I havent been able to catch many events, 2 stick in my mind however

Good - Bot attack on MB (I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Fortunately the attackers included low levels cyberguard MOBs for us lowbies to have a crack at)

Bad - That stupid 'hunt the goodies inside the rusty box' event. I spent hours turning over every rusty box I could find - found jack, when I found out what could be found I'd wished I'd done something else with my time

Point Red was good......not the actual event, but the leftover hackers paradise :-)

Sigma
14-01-05, 15:02
ugh...

UT with a monthly subscription and added lag...

Personal opinion.

Get the fuck off the forums.

Get the fuck off my INTARWEB!

Xeno LARD
14-01-05, 15:12
Get the fuck off my INTARWEB!

:(. You probably should play a good game though, in all seriousness.

Sigma
14-01-05, 17:21
:(. You probably should play a good game though, in all seriousness.

You too.

CMaster
17-01-05, 20:14
Just want to give a big thanks to Krysm, for abducting me today. Took me away and locked me up in some sewers under Ind A. Eventually Sanity is Lost came and found me, and then followed an epic fight through the Main Sewers to get out again. There was meant to be more, including a boss, but some boxes evaporated. Admittedly, I suggested a fair amount of the ideas, but it was good to have a GM on listneing and spawning mobs. (and a cron beer and citycom when I got bored waiting to be rescued.
Also, thanks to the team for coming to rescue me.

SypH
18-01-05, 01:38
Even without encountering the boss mob (what was it btw?) I had a blast. I got so lost down there trying to find you, then when I finally did a synch bug shot me back out :lol: Thankfully the GM was nice enough to warp me back to were I should have been.