PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Item Build/Research

Riddle
12-01-05, 15:38
Ok maybe a Taboo subject but I need to ask this.

Why can't you que items for build / research ?

No this is not a discussion of macros and illegal operations.

I uderstand it is to stop what is considered exploiting for XP gain but why is queing items for building/research considered an exploit?

I have a researcher and i am beginning to really hate the high end items, takes like nearly a minute to res one item.
I sit there twiddling my thumbs then press start,twiddle thumbs, press start, and on and on. This is MASS boredom.

If you can afford Gel cubes why not select an option for 50 cubes? my char is tied up doing it so i can't run round doing something else whether im there or not.

Sitting there for an hour pressing start every once in an while is not my idea of fun and hardly a constructive use of my time so really would it honestly matter?

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 15:44
Now you know why a lot of people have a second account and possibly a second computer......

It lets you drive/gun vehicles and get ALL the xp and parts to yourself.
It lets you op war and research at the same time.
No more waiting for people you know to transfer stuff.
You can get a lot of FSM items easy.
You can have "hidden" evil characters :-)

Riddle
12-01-05, 15:55
Now you know why a lot of people have a second account and possibly a second computer......

It lets you drive/gun vehicles and get ALL the xp and parts to yourself.
It lets you op war and research at the same time.
No more waiting for people you know to transfer stuff.
You can get a lot of FSM items easy.
You can have "hidden" evil characters :-)

Growing old of boredom......... :rolleyes:

For those of us unfortunate enough not to be able to afford multiple accounts :) let alone 2 computers !

E. Cryton
12-01-05, 16:00
tooked me almost 5 hours to research + cst 170 raptors ...
5 hours of pure boredom...

it would be so cool if i could cst and/or research like 5 (equal) items at the same time ...

retr0n
12-01-05, 16:05
I uderstand the XP gain is a problem, leaving your char to reasearch overnight
or whatever, but how about this... New datacubes, containing an X ammount
of BP's... For example TL100 Datacube - Contains 50 BPs.

Now when you press start in your processor window, it would make 50 bps,
one by one, but would only give you XP equal to 1 bp.

This would not allow you to level overnight, but you could do 50bp's by not
actually pressing start 50+ times.

I hope i'm making sence, i think i am :wtf:

[VP]Orion
12-01-05, 16:28
Or as someone suggested back in old NC1, make it so you can actually USE factories/labs to something except the bonus. Meaning that you could go to a factory, give it all the stuff and place an order. After that the factory would make the bps/items and you could just come back after a while and collect it. You wouldnt get any exp but you could still do massamounts of items without being bored to death.

Xeno LARD
12-01-05, 16:28

I like it!

Dribble Joy
12-01-05, 16:35
I'm going to have to say no, sorry.

Here's an idea though.

Half the time (nominal fugure) to perform an action such as cst, res, rep. but do the same to the xp gained from each of these actions.

ArgieD
12-01-05, 16:59
Research... I sit there twiddling my thumbs then press start,twiddle thumbs, press start, and on and on. This is MASS boredom.

Mate, you should try to do Research for a Degree Thesis... 8|
Then you'll see what Boredom means; and you don't gain any XP at all. Only rollbacks every time you visit your over-enthusiastic Personal Tutor who constantly asks you to redo this and that...

paolo escobar
12-01-05, 19:28

Now thats a fantastic idea. Solves the prob of the xp gain and enables tradeskillers to do their job easier.
It would only be of use to proper trade skillers who do BIG bulk ress/cst which is great.

NeoDriver
12-01-05, 19:36

you are and i really like this idea

Seven
12-01-05, 19:58

5 Stars!

Brammers
12-01-05, 20:13
5 Stars! Now we need to find a way to implement this for the constructors as well!

SypH
12-01-05, 20:14
As long as they leave the option of researching the good old fashion way I see no problem with retron's idea. Since researching is my ressers only way of leveling (99 base int purely from researching and missions.....only fighting I ever did was in NC1 for the PP epic) replacing researching with mass cubes with less XP would make leveling her even more mundane and tiresome.

retr0n
12-01-05, 20:27
5 Stars! Now we need to find a way to implement this for the constructors as well!

Constructors could be just the same, take the cube with 50 BPs on it, and put
enough parts to construct 50 of that item, press start and it should then CST
all of them, one by one, but giving you XP worth of 1 item only....

As long as they leave the option of researching the good old fashion way I see no problem with retron's idea. Since researching is my ressers only way of leveling (99 base int purely from researching and missions.....only fighting I ever did was in NC1 for the PP epic) replacing researching with mass cubes with less XP would make leveling her even more mundane and tiresome.

Yeah ufcourse, you just use the normal datacubes...

Kozmos
12-01-05, 20:35

I hope i'm making sence, i think i am :wtf::o spot on tbh

[Edit]To expand on this idea as ive thought of it for a whollleee 30ish seconds :D theres a problem, a 50 capacity BP of a holy shelter for example, wouldnt be usable, because you cant fit that many parts into your processor window :p

Make a 10/25/50 capacity datadisk, Make them cost a fair bit each, sa a single datacube costs 200 creds each, then make the 50 BP capacity datacube cost 1100. Thats the cost of 55 single cubes.

Once you have researched a item onto a 50 item datadisk, instead of the datadisk staying in your inventory, it gives you a stack of 50 datacube blueprints. Then from there, they can be made the normal way.

[Edit#2]Halve the time needed to research tech parts

[Edit#3]:D ... anyway, make DAMN SURE that research mission items CAN NOT BE MADE THIS WAY.

SypH
12-01-05, 20:37
Constructors could be just the same, take the cube with 50 BPs on it, and put
enough parts to construct 50 of that item, press start and it should then CST
all of them, one by one, but giving you XP worth of 1 item only....

Yeah ufcourse, you just use the normal datacubes...
Then I'd be all for something like this. You get the convenience but at a sacrifice of xp. Sounds like a fair trade of. I'd expect these super ubes to e at least 50 or even 100 times more expensive than a normal cube though.

Riddle
12-01-05, 20:52

Sounds a great idea!

but with this feature

Originally Posted by Kozmos
To expand on this idea as ive thought of it for a whollleee 30ish seconds theres a problem, a 50 capacity BP of a holy shelter for example, wouldnt be usable, because you cant fit that many parts into your processor window
Make a 10/25/50 capacity datadisk

forget the loss in XP gain when my resser is nearly capped i want the speed of service for customers and to relieve my boredom :)

Most of us do runs anyways for more chance of slots so wouldn't this system also free up the Database a bit?
Think of all those cubes hanging around that you didn't use but kept because you might need it one day :lol:

SorkZmok
12-01-05, 21:22
KK really got to match up research speed with construct speed.

Theres absolutely NO reason why researching takes fucking ages compared to constructing.

Kozmos
12-01-05, 21:24
Sounds a great idea!

but with this feature

forget the loss in XP gain when my resser is nearly capped i want the speed of service for customers and to relieve my boredom :)

Most of us do runs anyways for more chance of slots so wouldn't this system also free up the Database a bit?
Think of all those cubes hanging around that you didn't use but kept because you might need it one day :lol:
It would free up database space IF IT COULD ACTUALLY WORK as a single BP to make 50 items. But it wont, it will not work, its impossible to make it work because of the way that construction is.

1 BP = 1 Item = List of parts for the 1 item.
1 BP for 50 items would need anything upto ~400 weapon parts, now try fitting those into the 13 slots in your construction window plus your tool and the BP, Not happening is it ;)

retr0n
12-01-05, 22:48
It would free up database space IF IT COULD ACTUALLY WORK as a single BP to make 50 items. But it wont, it will not work, its impossible to make it work because of the way that construction is.

1 BP for 50 items would need anything upto ~400 weapon parts, now try fitting those into the 13 slots in your construction window plus your tool and the BP, Not happening is it ;)

Yes, but where is the need to put 400 parts in the processor window? The items
would be constructed exactly the same way as before, one by one, the difference
being that you could buy a cube that can hold up to 50 BPs, and it would be
an automated process researching/constructing, but at the sacrifice of XP.

XP is not really an issue if your near capped or fully capped, so i'm sure almost
everyone would favour this method when doing batches.

paolo escobar
12-01-05, 23:46
I love the ideas in this thread.
But i would say that the these, dare i say it "high capacity data cubes" should have a considerably higher cost than 1bp cost x 50, when buying them.
Lets face it, these things will mean alot more high slotted items are being churned out. Those items that are built may have a high resell value . Also the timesink that is removed with the creation of this would allow opertunity to earn further money/assets (killing mobs, getting rare parts, mc5ing)

Otherwise 5 stars :)

plz kk hear hear cries of the bored tradeskillers :)

retr0n
13-01-05, 00:24
I love the ideas in this thread.
But i would say that the these, dare i say it "high capacity data cubes" should have a considerably higher cost than 1bp cost x 50, when buying them.
Lets face it, these things will mean alot more high slotted items are being churned out. Those items that are built may have a high resell value . Also the timesink that is removed with the creation of this would allow opertunity to earn further money/assets (killing mobs, getting rare parts, mc5ing)

Otherwise 5 stars :)

plz kk hear hear cries of the bored tradeskillers :)

Yeah, it should be atleast 50k and not reusable.

---

I just thought of another thing, with the current system you can "clone" BPs,
this feature would have to be turned off for the high level datacube, but still
be there for the normal ones.

Rabiator
13-01-05, 01:17

Simple version:
Put an in-game multiplier of max. 10 into the processor menu.
The char must have all necessary materials in his inventory.
Makes for significantly less clicking, but a series of 10 does hardly make it worthwile to let the computer run overnight.

Riddle
13-01-05, 10:52

ermmm... Dont see it like that. I see Cst tool slot 1, Cube slot 2 (Be it x10,x50 etc.) then weapon parts in inventory like normal?

when you press start it simply builds 1, takes parts from inv like normal, you now have a cube with 49.
But instead of pressing start it simply builds the next one and the next.. so on

Yes i admit 50 lots of each weapon part may overload to a point where you cant hold them so thats why lesser numbers aswell were suggested such as x10.

Agent L
13-01-05, 11:04
haha, introduce any of your ideas posted here, and I'll be making 20M _daily_.

>: )

pure evil.

Riddle
13-01-05, 11:09

pure evil.

ok so whats your suggestion?? :confused:

I like other tradeskillers are getting very bored of the whole process just trying to figure a way out of the BOREDOM! ;)

Bugs Gunny
13-01-05, 11:23
That's why you should pay tradeskillers a LOT, because it's boring as hell, and they are an underapreciated category.
That's why clans should LOVE to have tradeskillers join, because the leet pvpers can say all they want, but tradeskillers are the foundation of a clan.
No tradeskillers, no clan.

retr0n
13-01-05, 11:51

pure evil.

Perhaps not... Let's say you want to make Holy Shelters, and you do a batch of
50.... When you construct them the item is labeled as:

"MASS PRODUCED Holy Shelter - Free Slots: 2"

Now, the item would be just as good as a regular holy shelter, quality the same,
everything the same, but you would get less money for selling one of those
items since it's been mass produced...

That way, nobody could make millions just by letting their chars work
endlessly (sp?) but for someone who is doing batches to get good slots, rather
then earn money, it would be a good thing.

Riddle
13-01-05, 14:48
Simple version:
Put an in-game multiplier of max. 10 into the processor menu.
The char must have all necessary materials in his inventory.
Makes for significantly less clicking, but a series of 10 does hardly make it worthwile to let the computer run overnight.

I liked this idea but would make it 20 as most runs I do are around that.

And no it wouldn't be worth running comp over night so seems an ok idea.

I'm not looking for an idea which leads to capped players after 2 days due to selecting the build me 10,000 option- lol- just something where you can build a few without all the current hassle, waiting BOREDOM.

I love this game just seems such a grind sometimes.

LTA
13-01-05, 15:11
Well since the Data Disks are the same as them writable cubes should give em a use like this.

Keep em as that they can only be made through the recycle but when you res a item it takes say 4x longer but does a batch of 50 in a go or only works in Labs or something and gives minimal exp??
Something is needed anyway to make it more interesting to do, also think should add random weapons, armour into the game that are found in cubes that have to b id'd like rares but they aint quite rares just lower tl "forgotten" tech or something can't be bp'd n that just id'd then built from the cube. Call it lost ceres tech or sain :p

Don't think making money is a issue anyway since most of the items are in dbs or fsm, just means money peeps can bulk buy stuff and distribute it for a lesser profit (since money wont matter much) and kk could perhaps add some very Exculsive apartment items/vhcs, armours, clothing etc for a very very extortionate cost to match some peoples large income :p