PDA

View Full Version : [ Terra to Mars ]

Ninjano2002uk
12-01-05, 03:20
Ok am not trying to repeat my self as i know you said i mentioned this before NidHogg , i would just like to ask a question how many of you have moved to mars ? as i have seen 5 english players on Mars now & i was wondering if a good group of you do move then What faction would you most like to be ? perhaps all the english could be in one clan on Mars rather then randomly bein in german clans (no that there anythin wrong with that as most of them are friendly when they reply ^^) perhaps we could do a pole or sumthin & i could make a clan or who ever wants to & that way all the english could work 2gether , help each other more & add new runners that come over from the other server . its just a idea i have :lol:

Hopes to get a Mass reply :p

Darkener
12-01-05, 03:23
Making a clan would be saying your an outsider on their server. Alot of people already dont like us coming over speaking English ect ect.Id join a german clan myself, more fun as alot of them speak English and i can speak a bit of german.

Ninjano2002uk
12-01-05, 03:26
Making a clan would be saying your an outsider on their server. Alot of people already dont like us coming over speaking English ect ect.Id join a german clan myself, more fun as alot of them speak English and i can speak a bit of german.

Well i dont want to give that impression I am more then happy to play along side germans ( much better then a few english :p ) I was just tryin to get some way of reaching all the english on the german server rather then spread out , dont mind if we all joined the same german clan :lol:
( already asked a german clan this cheeky i know hehe! )

Is trying to hard to turn Mars Euro LOL

zii
12-01-05, 03:42
there were german clans on Uranus and there was no problem with that. personally I enjoyed the variation it brought to the server
Uranus was an international server whereas mars is a language specific server. i would be surprised if it really was an issuehowever, don't expect any support in English.

go there and try.

Ninjano2002uk
12-01-05, 03:46
there were german clans on Uranus and there was no problem with that. personally I enjoyed the variation it brought to the server
Uranus was an international server whereas mars is a language specific server. i would be surprised if it really was an issuehowever, don't expect any support in English.

go there and try.

O dont worry already had this out , you wont get support unless ur ticket is in the server lang, But come on how many times do you hear of ppl needing support on Neocron servers :rolleyes:

40$Poser
12-01-05, 05:05
I needed a place to put my lvl 70 apu, so mars it is. Suche einen fun

trigger hurt
12-01-05, 07:25
I think the majority of us who are on mars are either crahn or tg. I am next atm to get vehicles for my driver then will probably be switching over to crahn or tg myself...they are the less popular side and that's where I feel the most at home.

I still log on to terra, but it's dismal player counts are turning me on to mars more and more. Less of my friends and enemies log on every day now and having a driver that relies on someone to sit in a gunner seat to level me doesn't really work when there's noone to gun.

RogerRamjet
12-01-05, 10:23
I made a spy there before i even logged my transfered characters on Terra. I join a PP clan called HOR and they are cool guys. Gonna roll me a tank soon coz ive got a CS and stuff now, so id be happy to join.

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 11:01
I still have a 0/3 melee tank with pob and several other slotted rares on him.
Guess i'll take him there.

Jesterthegreat
12-01-05, 14:14
i wont post why i left mars after less than an hour again...

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 14:21
i wont post why i left mars after less than an hour again...

Too much roleplay for you? :D

eLcHi
12-01-05, 14:22
I`m playing Mars too

But i`m going pure-LE user ... wow, you should try it, it`s like vacation :D

Jesterthegreat
12-01-05, 14:24
Too much roleplay for you? :D

ok i will then...

was told by a GM i was limited to OOC unless i spoke german.

logged in disgust.

my PPU shall not be used for a long time as hes stuck on Mars.

Dribble Joy
12-01-05, 14:34
Uranus was an international server whereas mars is a language specific server.
Uranus really was the only true international server, Saturn was mostly German/English, but Uranus had, italians (The One), Dutch (lots of clans), Spanish.

Unforntunately my personal experience with most german clans on Uranus was not allways a good one....

Re. the thread. Mars is the german 'home' server, like jupiter before it. You will probably not be as welcome there as on mercury, and as said, making a english clan won't help things.

Darkener
12-01-05, 14:40
ok i will then...

logged in disgust.

When in rome and all that crap. It isnt hard to pick up a few words when searching for crap on trade ect. I can see the gm's point if you were in a full flame english war on trade but other than that sees kinda stupid. Probably another attempt to get rid of us from the server. The Germans really dislike people playing there. Although with the lack of PvP skill on a server wide scale im not surpised they feel inadequate to there terra counterparts. As bad as terra is you can be sure the nibs on it are far more combat effective than what you find on mars.

Prom_STar
12-01-05, 14:40
Uranus really was the only true international server, Saturn was mostly German/English, but Uranus had, italians (The One), Dutch (lots of clans), Spanish.

Unforntunately my personal experience with most german clans on Uranus was not allways a good one....

Re. the thread. Mars is the german 'home' server, like jupiter before it. You will probably not be as welcome there as on mercury, and as said, making a english clan won't help things.

Really? I've been playing on Mars for a while now and i've never had a problem with me not being a german. Maybe it's different because i can speak german pretty well, but most of those guys can speak english well, too. I personally have found the people on mars to be just as helpful and friendly as they are on Terra.

Dribble Joy
12-01-05, 14:43
Really? I've been playing on Mars for a while now and i've never had a problem with me not being a german. Maybe it's different because i can speak german pretty well, but most of those guys can speak english well, too. I personally have found the people on mars to be just as helpful and friendly as they are on Terra.
Fair enough, I was just speculating really.

When in rome and all that crap. It isnt hard to pick up a few words when searching for crap on trade ect. I can see the gm's point if you were in a full flame english war on trade but other than that sees kinda stupid. Probably another attempt to get rid of us from the server. The Germans really dislike people playing there. Although with the lack of PvP skill on a server wide scale im not surpised they feel inadequate to there terra counterparts. As bad as terra is you can be sure the nibs on it are far more combat effective than what you find on mars.

Are you actually TRYING to get banned? Blimey....

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 14:43
I personally have found the people on mars to be just as helpful and friendly as they are on Terra.

And you live where???? Viarosso????

reddog
12-01-05, 14:47
Sorry but your wrong there. Its been a year i play on the German 'home' server like you call it. First Jupiter now on Mars. When i first started on the german server i could barely speak a single word of german. Not that i do speak a lot of german now. But i never felt unwelcome there. The Germans clans on Saturn made you feel more hostile than the ones on jupiter. Of course if you act like an outcast you will be treated like one. But again i never had the impression they looked down on me because i wasn't german. and i still don't get that feeling. Tho making an english only clan wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

ThUnDerHaSi
12-01-05, 14:59
Most of the germans like to have some english ppls in. Its more funneh. And good training for english ;)
As i started to play NC i joined english clans cuz iam getting bored when i only talk german in clanchat :P

In my opinion each person that is able to speak english but not german would make more fun on the german servers ;)

Darkener
12-01-05, 15:01
Fair enough, I was just speculating really.

Are you actually TRYING to get banned? Blimey....
For what its a valid point ive been flamed because ive been thought to be American. Had the usual go back to your own server shit quite a few times. Not exactly welcoming.

My point on PvP is my opinion and i call them as i see them. I gave no names just my general opinion from what ive seen and experienced.

ThUnDerHaSi
12-01-05, 15:05
Never forgett that there are different kind of ppls...on Saturn some ppls also said i should go to jupiter...and from some other players i had an nice welcome...i think u just saw the false ppls ;)

Darkener
12-01-05, 15:08
Never forgett that there are different kind of ppls...on Saturn some ppls also said i should go to jupiter...and from some other players i had an nice welcome...i think u just saw the false ppls ;)
Yes but i was asking about his do are you trying to get banned statement i would like to be enlightened as to what i did or said that would cause a banning. Still the numbers on mars are nice 45% + peak times .

Darak
12-01-05, 15:09
Although with the lack of PvP skill on a server wide scale im not surpised they feel inadequate to there terra counterparts.
Hmmm, not really sure you have looked into the PvP on mars to make a comment like that.

I've been forced off terra onto mars until my hair is fixed. It feels like a conspiracy by KK to make me learn german but its nicht happening. Ich bin as english as the day is longy.

I'm not sure forming english only clans is the way to go. Just learn to speak german, join in. How hard can it be ?

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 15:11
I dare all of you to come to Mars with me and start a clan called SATURN :-)

ThUnDerHaSi
12-01-05, 15:17
How hard can it be ?
Harder then some ppls think ;)
German is a really difficult language...its hard to learn...expecially the gramma is shit...thats why i like english more then my motherlanguage ;)

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 15:26
It is a lot harder than english.

It has some of the latin grammar in it.
Genitif, Datif etc.....
A lot more exceptions to the standard grammar rules too.
And hell, nothing is written like it sounds.

similar to Dutch, but a lot different too.
I can understand it but i can't speak or write it correctly.

This cross server talk reminds me of a certain excursion we had with "TEAM NAPOLEON" on the french server. Needles to say we were not met with great enthusiasm. It was however great great fun.

Darkener
12-01-05, 15:27
Hmmm, not really sure you have looked into the PvP on mars to make a comment like that.

I've been forced off terra onto mars until my hair is fixed. It feels like a conspiracy by KK to make me learn german but its nicht happening. Ich bin as english as the day is longy.

I'm not sure forming english only clans is the way to go. Just learn to speak german, join in. How hard can it be ?
I wouldnt have made the statement if i hadn't looked into it and had some experience in PvP on the server.

Mr Kot
12-01-05, 15:29
During the period of uncertainty regarding rollback on Terra, i made a char on Mars. I like the idea of a one slot server, so i made a pure ppu to level with my RL friend who made an apu.

A few other clannies came with us for curiosity. It was a strange experience being on a foreign language server. I didn't speak english in any chat channel as i know how that would annoy people there. I got by, but it was hard work. I think my poor german grammar gave me away too :p

At times, i wondered if there was a community of British ex-pats hiding somewhere.

My biggest problem there was money. I was using shop bought spells and noob armour even though i could use the second level armour. Guess i'm just too proud to beg ;) Levelling as pure ppu is hard work as i can't attack monsters and earn cash. My only income was team xp and that was scarce.

Now that Terra's future is more secure and the threat of rollback over, i stopped playing on Mars, but i may return if enough others go there. I notice that the populations are better there and i really miss Pluto. I love my characters on Terra, but i'm getting increasingly frustrated with some of the "community".

If there were a single slot international server, i would be there in a heartbeat.

I may still dabble on Mars when Terra pisses me off occasionally.

Now did i say i was too proud to beg? ah, sod it, im poor.....
....hat jemand geld für nen armen mönch? :D

Darkener
12-01-05, 15:33
Money on mars is easy. The german econemy is ruled by unressed techs :P. First you get the techs then you get money then you get good equipment :P and well then maybe the ladies . Just finished my Bio epic yesterday and secured me quite a few techs i gotta try get me a CS now, although killing with a tpc that you get 128% dmg on is fun as hell especially if you dont got armour.

Mr Kot
12-01-05, 15:44
Money on mars is easy. The german econemy is ruled by unressed techs :P. First you get the techs then you get money then you get good equipment.

Yes, just like on the other servers, but i am a 18/19 PPU with no attack capabilities and not even money to buy a soulcluster. My friends who are similar rank or lower regularly get owned my mutant corporals even with all my buffs on them. I think the doomie and warbot hunting is still some time away yet. I just need a kick start to get some nice spells made, get all the top armour i can wear, get all the best imps in i can use, then i can pay back with interest when our team is lvl40+ and gangr@ping warbies by the dozen.

Darak
12-01-05, 17:12
It is a lot harder than english.
How hard can it be ? - a comment used to indicate that you are ignorant enough about a subject to be in that blissful stage where you have no idea how hard it going to be. [Often used to describe computing projects in the first few weeks, before you have actually written anything down.]

e.g. in KKs office 5 years(?) ago
MD: Let's write an MMO, that would be cool.
Programmer: How hard can it be ?

Try using it at work every time the boss asks for something stupid....you have the get the scarcasm just right. You will know when you have it spot on when you get given a pink slip with P45 written on it.

At times, i wondered if there was a community of British ex-pats hiding somewhere.
What's left of our clan seems to have moved there (due to the terra cock up over the critical christmas period).

40$Poser
12-01-05, 17:17
ok i will then...

logged in disgust.

I'd say that's total crap as I've seen english spoken on trade-nc before on mercury and jupiter in the past and been even told it was ok.

did you remind him you also paid a monthly fee for the game? :0

giga191
12-01-05, 17:30
I'm sure they won't mind you making a clan on Mars. Unless you did what ASEN did on saturn and someone actually has a screenshot of one of them saying "TG is for germans only now" and they deliberately drove every other clan out of TG and pked allied factions. Biggest bunch of cocks ive ever seen

RogerRamjet
12-01-05, 18:25
One of the reasons i went to Uranus and never went back.

Maui
12-01-05, 18:32
I'm sure they won't mind you making a clan on Mars. Unless you did what ASEN did on saturn and someone actually has a screenshot of one of them saying "TG is for germans only now" and they deliberately drove every other clan out of TG and pked allied factions. Biggest bunch of cocks ive ever seen
thats what ncat was trying to say :P

teh city is ncat only move to doy :P ^_^

El Jimben
12-01-05, 20:09
I didn't find the language barrier much of a problem. Sold some 1-2 slot pistols I got before Uranus for 2 million on Mars and the guy spoke reasonably good English :D

@Maui: I wub j00

Dr Strange
12-01-05, 20:15
ok i will then...

logged in disgust.

That is total bullshit.

There are a handful of German players on Terra, whom speak in Faction, Alliance and other channels (never seen one in any Trade channel though). The kicker is no GM has every said anything to them, and ironically players asking them to take it to OOC (since the majority language on Terra is English) are told to stop asking due to being racist.

Jesterthegreat
12-01-05, 21:50
I'd say that's total crap as I've seen english spoken on trade-nc before on mercury and jupiter in the past and been even told it was ok.

did you remind him you also paid a monthly fee for the game? :0

say its crap if you like, i only posted it here as simply seeing my name causes some people to try to flame me...

no i didnt remind him of shit... i thought "fuck this im loggin back on Terra".

i wasnt flaming or spamming or breaking any rules... nid has since told me german is only the support language, much like english is the Terra support language, and you can speak any language you wish.

its unfotunate i didnt think to screeny it or write down his name... but i was too disgusted to give a shit tbh.

:edit: @above same as i just said.

i dont want your pity, i dont care for your belief... im stating fact.

i was told as an english speaker i was limited to OOC.

thats all there is to it. whether or not it is the general server attitude i dont know, and i didnt say it was.

trigger hurt
13-01-05, 01:21
ok i will then...

logged in disgust.

and again, to this, i say bullshit. Provide the gm's name or drop it.

Myself, DarkH, Devils Grace and a few others have had noone, not even runners, to tell us we cannot speak english on trade/faction/allience/etc. There are a few asshats who wish us to make our way back to the english server, but the level headed german's there tell em to go fuck themselves.

Most of the german players I have spoken with there have no problem speaking english as long as you don't use american or english slang that they probably wont understand.

Nidhogg
13-01-05, 01:40
Hey, even GMs make mistakes from time to time so let's give him the benefit of the doubt, eh? Of course GMs who make mistakes are ritually slaughtered soon afterwards which is probably why that particular mistake hasn't re-occurred.

N

/edit - added an elusive "why"

Ninjano2002uk
13-01-05, 03:44
hey all just checkin me thread hehe , well it has been busy glad to see alot of you have gone to mars :) , am Clanless at mo was in CENTER to start with Tangent faction , but after doin about 5epics i got hooked lol , got pp epic to do maybe TS then il stop ..but if i come across a good few english players up for leveling or sumthin am in , only got intel to cap now how the hell does a apu monk with 80 intel cap it faster....80implant , 80 hack , 192 PSI ...

:rolleyes:

sum1 say a clan called Saturn ? :p

Just think if a clan as big as FF was to take over MARS & perhaps a sector now that wud be funny :P

trigger hurt
13-01-05, 05:02
hey all just checkin me thread hehe , well it has been busy glad to see alot of you have gone to mars :) , am Clanless at mo was in CENTER to start with Tangent faction , but after doin about 5epics i got hooked lol , got pp epic to do maybe TS then il stop ..but if i come across a good few english players up for leveling or sumthin am in , only got intel to cap now how the hell does a apu monk with 80 intel cap it faster....80implant , 80 hack , 192 PSI ...

:rolleyes:

sum1 say a clan called Saturn ? :p

Just think if a clan as big as FF was to take over MARS & perhaps a sector now that wud be funny :P

Personally, I would prefer to be in one of the already established clans on the server. Better chance of getting kitted up with equipment I need. My spy needs an SA to be of any use at all. Most likely will go TG or Crahn as soon as I finish my epics. I like to be on the side of the underdog.

Jesterthegreat
13-01-05, 09:19
and again, to this, i say bullshit. Provide the gm's name or drop it.

Myself, DarkH, Devils Grace and a few others have had noone, not even runners, to tell us we cannot speak english on trade/faction/allience/etc. There are a few asshats who wish us to make our way back to the english server, but the level headed german's there tell em to go fuck themselves.

Most of the german players I have spoken with there have no problem speaking english as long as you don't use american or english slang that they probably wont understand.

damn... and when i was posting i was dreaming of your approval :(

naimex
13-01-05, 09:35
ive stayed put on terra, like an obedient dog.

got-rage
13-01-05, 10:36
Hey Guys wassup ? Im a Member of teh Largest and Richest :D Clan on Mars atm. Ninjano2002uk already knows me I suppose and if anyone else needs some help just dm me or mail (got-rage) ingame

Agent L
13-01-05, 11:16
spiele Mars - lerne deutsch : )

30/30 hybrid. ProtoPharm.

Alle Fehler (c) babelfish : P

Bugs Gunny
13-01-05, 11:25
Hmm, do you think they will let me make a melee tank called "Arnold Schwanzenlecker" on Mars? :-)

Sigma
13-01-05, 11:38

To bad they got there asses handed to them from alot of Clans, including another german one.

:lol:

giga191
15-01-05, 15:30
To bad they got there asses handed to them from alot of Clans, including another german one.

:lol:
Yeh they never had any OPs and they were just a pest