PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami epic

Hot-Salsa
11-01-05, 16:55
ermm it said in tsunami epic that you must go into DRE HQ in plaza2 in nc...its the same as it said in NC1.....isnt time to update it abit? things changed in nc2..ts and dre are enemys now.... O_o

retr0n
11-01-05, 17:04
It's a feature

Terkantia
11-01-05, 17:17
No, ya dont need to go into DRTE for the epic.

Brammers
11-01-05, 23:47
Nope, the item has to be past to the DRE person via a contact. I think it's Maxime in sector 10.

Hot-Salsa
12-01-05, 00:32
well atleast that is not what the epic says...you get set out on a wild goosechase...i thought the epics would be proper updated to the nc2....guess i was wrong..btw where is sector 10 your talking about? :confused:

BradSTL
12-01-05, 09:29
The epics have been updated ... kind of. They are all theoretically possible, although at least two of them are a total bitch. The Tsunami epic isn't impossible, it's just got two glaring errors in the scripts where it tells you to do the wrong thing. Any rank */45 character who has the right two southern genreps tagged (IA1 and Grant) can probably finish the whole thing in under an hour, two hours tops.

The two script errors are that In mission 1, you don't have to go to DRE yourself, there's a courier named Maxine near Veronique in sector 10 who'll take care of it for you. And in mission 5, contrary to what Mark Cole says, you only have to kill one BD "Contact" NPC, and the ones in the Dome work just as well as the ones in Secret BD HQ under PP3.

There's a good walkthrough on the SynergyXR web page, at http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/epics/epicinfo.php?faction=8

I will tell you that when I did it, I got bit by an inventory glitch in mission 4, I think it was, where Jester took the wrong item from me, and without it I couldn't complete mission 5. I ended up having to petition a GM to replace it for me, took a little over two hours of waiting time. But it hasn't happened to anybody else that I know of, so it was probably just one of those random inventory bugs.

Hot-Salsa
12-01-05, 11:11
kk thnx that explains alot moore...but it still irretates me that its written so wrong...because its written like im going to serve my head on a plate to the nc :p

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 11:35
It wasn't written... it was "translated" :-)

XenivouS
12-01-05, 19:34
Not to mention for virtually every mission you have to talk to the guy in Secret passage 2... :lol: at /10 that has got to be a bitch lmao, then you have the BD epic which doesnt even make you leave DoY lol go figure O_o

Odin
12-01-05, 20:10
Lupus is working on epics so there should be some minor updates to them over the next couple of patches.

Tratos
12-01-05, 20:13
Not to mention for virtually every mission you have to talk to the guy in Secret passage 2... :lol: at /10 that has got to be a bitch lmao, then you have the BD epic which doesnt even make you leave DoY lol go figure O_o
that, REALLY, REALLY pissed me off, lol nice to see work is being done on ironing out mistakes in the epic scripts though...

btw Odin, i dont know how it took so long for me to notice but how come your just 'Odin' O_o and not FirstName 'Odin' LastName O_o

Odin
12-01-05, 20:15
I started out as a moderator here back in Jan 2000. Rule was our nicknames had to be in a mythology vein. Otherwise I wouldn't have even been Odin :p

Tratos
12-01-05, 20:22
I started out as a moderator here back in Jan 2000. Rule was our nicknames had to be in a mythology vein. Otherwise I wouldn't have even been Odin :p
Hmm.... a space for a forum name, itd be quite handy, you wouldnt need a sign off like Nid, hehe

BradSTL
12-01-05, 22:46
Lupus is working on epics so there should be some minor updates to them over the next couple of patches.
What I have told everybody that has asked me is that it is perfectly possible for a level 0/2 character to walk from anywhere in the game to anywhere in the game, as long as they stay out of the canyons (and sometimes even then).

Everywhere else on the wastelands maps, you can stick to the zone boundary. If you are paying even half attention when you go over ridgelines, you will always see things before they see you. Even if you don't, everything in this game (except possibly Y-Replicants?) takes at least 3 seconds from when it sees you to when it fires the first shot. So as long as you have saved up at least some stamina so that you can make a quick right-angle turn and sprint across the zone boundary, and you can make it in under 3 seconds, then nothing in the entire game will ever hit you. The only time you're screwed, and it's very very rare, but the only time you're screwed is if there are aggressive high level mobs coincidentally in the same place on both maps.

What's more, even a character with 5s each in ATL, AGL, and END can do it in under half an hour. If you're a totally new player, and all you know is this one thing, then in all honesty I imagine that that heart-in-mouth half an hour may be the most fun, most challenging, most exciting thing that will happen to you the whole rest of the time you're playing Neocron. But on no more than the second or third try, you will make it.

(For this particular case, where you then also have to enter Neocron city, then asking on your Alliance channel for some advice as to which two of the five entrances are safe to use and which aren't is highly recommended. If you don't, then it's up to you to figure out that the Copbots aren't going to let you by, so if you see a Copbot, turn around and try another entrance.)