PDA

View Full Version : People of the wastelands I ask you! What the best place to live?

Zheo
11-01-05, 01:48
People of the wastelands I ask you! What the best place to live?

Neocron? The Military Base? or The Dome Of York?

Most of you would say Neocorn with it's fresh water, and protective shield...

But is this a fact, IS it better to live in Neocron under Lioon Reza?...No it is not, he offers nothing to the runners of Neocron, and clans..which will remain nameless offer nothing but death, to day was the last time! I sware it will be the last time I help a runner of neocron who is a member of these clans or perhaps any clan in Neocorn, the city i was born and raised in as offered me nothing but hard ship and pain, and soon I will be leaving, I do not know where I will go, or what I will do, but anything...even death would be better than being back stabbed by my own allies. I see the anger in my team mates face when our bodies are broken by the fellow members of Neocron.

So Neocron is my least favourate place to live.

Then the militery base? ...Neutral to all? Bah! Neutral to none and enemy to all, everyone attacks those who live in the militery base, and they who live there must constantly fight a battle of surivial against two over whelming forces.

Shall the Dome Of York be my final resting place, perhaps the raidation will kill me over the years I survive there.

But if I die in the Dome of York, then surely I die free, of Reza who has never protected me, not from those runners from Dome of york who stalk me from the shadows of Neocron, who attack me while I eat in a resturant. Free from my allies who attack me while I try to help them.

Perhaps I will join the city mercs and fight a battle against over whelming odds. All i know is I must leave Neocron before the city I love kills me.

Brammers
11-01-05, 02:00
You forgot Tech Haven - that gets my vote, but I'm a harden Fallen Angel. :D

Anna
11-01-05, 02:08
welcome home zheo, took you long enough :p

MkVenner
11-01-05, 02:41
total no brainer, Military Base, granted you have enemies on all sides, but for those who live for the battle, where else would you want to be? and you get paid for it....

Tough as old boots, sly as a fox and as greedy as midas, thats a merc :p

DevilsChild
11-01-05, 03:06
Welcome Zheo to the land of the free mind and Democracy not that 'freedom' that they 'tell' you in Neocron's Dictatorship.

Base Yourself in TechHaven , the True Home Of the Fallen Angels but also get into the Dome, it may be a ruin but it isnt wealth and apartments that holds us together its knowing 'we' 'are' free.

'Fallen Angels, For Freedom, Forever'

MkVenner
11-01-05, 03:15
you fallen angels arent so free, mercs let no one makes out rules but us, we live by our own doctrine, and that simply cash up front....free as the wind, but as expensive as hell

Dribble Joy
11-01-05, 03:15
I personnally try to stay out of everyone's noses.. but there are those who attack us merc's without provocation, and I am prepared to defend my home.

Remember, we are still for hire...

OOC: Depends what you want, go no faction and become a rogue trader in TH, go AB and live in a hole in the WL.
CM is... well CM is in a bit of a fix. Most people ignore you in NC and DoY (though walking about DoY with all the TGs about is a tad risky) and TH is obviously safe.
People still like to gank at MB, often find people camped at the GR. As Para and PPUs are still in, whenever people come to gank I usually ignore the whole thing and sit in my apt or go elsewhere, no point just walking out to get glued to the floor and have some PoB tank ******** you.
Being CM generally means you aren't trusted, which is good. What comes with that isn't.

Ascension
11-01-05, 03:28
I agree who'd want to live in Neocorn anyways? ;) maybe Neocron, but not Neocorn :)

netster
11-01-05, 10:00
i most like the titti twister in the wastes :)

Zheo
11-01-05, 10:04
Welcome Zheo to the land of the free mind and Democracy not that 'freedom' that they 'tell' you in Neocron's Dictatorship.

Base Yourself in TechHaven , the True Home Of the Fallen Angels but also get into the Dome, it may be a ruin but it isnt wealth and apartments that holds us together its knowing 'we' 'are' free.

'Fallen Angels, For Freedom, Forever'

News update, Doc Zool and I intend to create a Crhan clan, as we have uncovered some interesting truths, Crahn was no god in life, true however he has become a god in death, Although he can have no immedate effect on his children he shows us how a free mind thinks! Before Neocron and the Dome Of York, Crahn and his people traviled the land in search of others, and they come accros Thor. Crahn wished to great Thor but years of experience had tought him to preper for battle incase these new people did not wish peace. He was right, Thor attacked him but thanks to the help of the PSI Monks who he had eariler freed from a cave which had collapsed he was victorious. And with their help soon lead his people to build a great city "Neocron".

All this and more was found in his diary, though others may believe this to be a lie I should remind you that history is written by the victors and Thor was victorious over Crahn using weapons gaind by the Ceres disks. The people of Crahn will have their city back, we will take if from Reza who has no claim to it. We indent to work with the fallen angels to cure people of this horrible raidiation, and together with the Twilight Guardians we will bring Reza to the dishorrirable death he deserives and free the poor souls of Neocron. We will rebuild The Dome Of York to something greater than it is now, and purge the raidiation from it's walls!

Soon we will make our journey to The Dome Of York...

Bugs Gunny
11-01-05, 10:42
It saddens us, to see another victim of the rotten allied belt harvesters.
What saddens us more is the fact that you will be among those, to lie dead in our rhino tracks, in future raids.

naimex
11-01-05, 11:14
best place to live is at home...

SorkZmok
11-01-05, 11:19
IŽd love to be abled to actually live in one of the abandoned villages in the wastelands like crest. Would be so cool if you could buy apartments out there.

11-01-05, 11:39
I actually loved the feel of Outzone apartments (actually the feel of Outzone 1 and Outzone subway) - unfortunately that feeling doesnt exist anymore for me in NC2 for various reasons, the safezone is not one of them because I'm LE'd anyway

sanityislost
11-01-05, 13:56
In RP my apu's home is El farid, even tho she hasnt been there for awhile :p
El farid > all lil crappy towns!

SiL ..:..

Bugs Gunny
11-01-05, 14:11
There has been talk in 101st of claiming Twister club as our home.

Not for the naked chicks of course :-) It's the ASG, realy it is :-)

Riddle
11-01-05, 14:18
Canyon?

Cant you get appy's there now? I've never been :( but i suppose they don't have copbots or DOY guards?

Bugs Gunny
11-01-05, 14:21
Canyon is good if you are a smoker... you'll never need another lighter, just open the elevator door.

I'd say for a tradeskiller, Juggernaut facitlity. You are in a lab environment, have people guarding the frontyard, a locked entrance, and loads of bots to do the housework :D

trigger hurt
11-01-05, 15:11
Gaya Mine. Best place to run a rag tag band of nut cases out of. I mean...I live with stormbots.

SorkZmok
11-01-05, 15:17
Gaya Mine. Best place to run a rag tag band of nut cases out of. I mean...I live with stormbots.
I thought about the other gaya mine, the empty one. Its got a pretty cool place to hang around in the center. Just no apts/chairs/tables/gogus/genreps/anything near. o_O
:lol:

MkVenner
11-01-05, 16:31
ive always liked old greycore....

Heavyporker
11-01-05, 16:37
BAH!

I say unto you, live in Crest Village (GR, gogo, and many buildings with that uber tower).

Or Point Red - never wish for company again. (gr, gogo)

Or for true seclusion, live in the swampland villages. No grs or gogos, but plenty of boxes for storage. Just bring some repellent for these pesky stingers.

Dribble Joy
11-01-05, 17:22
Be cool if they did add the odd apt or two into various places about the world, like another El farid UG with a couple of elavators, same in the other swamp and WL villages.
One in the abondoned gaya complex would be cool.

MkVenner
11-01-05, 18:07
yeah, they could even just a rough hewn cave like creation with a bed roll and cooking pot...

Riddle
11-01-05, 18:20
ONe day you will be capped and live at MC5 :D

DevilsChild
11-01-05, 18:21
Why would u want to live at Crest Village??..its full of flies..and i heard on a bad day u can smell the stink of Neocron City from there ....

If it was a perfect world i'd like a nice house up near RedRock, Natural defences and secluded and plenty of fresh air up in the mountains , central aswell and only a stones throw from TH.

DC

MkVenner
11-01-05, 18:26
thats why i like graycore, out of the way, nice mountain air, neighbours are quiet

RogerRamjet
11-01-05, 18:39
Id rather make a little fort with pillows with a sign saying "no girls allowed!".

Dribble Joy
11-01-05, 18:45
Well... you can make the fort allready.. lots of pillows in your apt, they just need customisable signs now..

trigger hurt
12-01-05, 00:49
For lack of a better term..

rare apartments. make them like the spirit mod sniper, but only once in a bluemoon. He drops a data cube with the location of a guy who might sell you a key or might fill you with lead.

SypH
12-01-05, 03:59
I'd love to have apartments in the wastes. Even a crappy little hovel with a gr, gogu and a cab or two at one of the well known villages that dot the map. Would suit my droner down to the ground since he is not welcome in either city it seems and I tend to not like Tech Haven.

Jesterthegreat
12-01-05, 14:21
total no brainer, Military Base, granted you have enemies on all sides, but for those who live for the battle, where else would you want to be? and you get paid for it....

Tough as old boots, sly as a fox and as greedy as midas, thats a merc :p

you also get punished for every single kill...

:p

Riddle
12-01-05, 14:46
Originally Posted by SypH
I'd love to have apartments in the wastes.

This would be awsome :)

I like the idea of appys in say giai (spelling) mine few gogo's, genreps could really roleplay outcasts have a whole community living there even a couple of clans maybe. :D

I loke this too :)

Originally Posted by trigger hurt
rare apartments.

Bugs Gunny
12-01-05, 14:54
I just sent my business plan for "HOTEL SWAMPSAREFUN" to KK.
It's a pleasent tropical resort not far from Sieger uplink, typical pole supported rooms, and in a quiet place of the world.
Abundant with the local wildlife, and free antipoison pils with each meal :-)

zii
12-01-05, 15:13
I live in the Outzone. I'd lke to have an apartment in PP3, but I feel safer in OZ.