PDA

View Full Version : Let's end the BS and put your votes up about Faction GRs.

Heavyporker
10-01-05, 21:56
All right. I've opened what would appear to be a hornet's nest, but in actuality is a sodden mass of larvae twitching....

Yes or No - Faction GRs deny entrance to enemy runners. Faction Guards don't give a hour's warning before shooting if they see enemy runners INSIDE the HQ.

No if, ands, or buts.

HackNet entry and all else are excluded from this vote.

Pure black and white.

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 21:59
Pure black and white.
It neither is nor should be like that.

Guards should be capable of defending, but then should the players not do that?

The GR system should be restricted to non-enemies, but then should that be allowed even from an RP perspective?

To answer the poll, I say yes, but ONLY if exiting the GR is possible via hacknet still.

Marantz Trial
10-01-05, 22:24
I say heavy defenses around the logout portal to Faction HQ's in Hacknet and then yes locking regular GR entry to enemys.

XenivouS
10-01-05, 22:34
I think it should stay as is, I dont see any problems with it as it is now. By doing that it makes it more carebear. Ive died Gring in to different city HQ's by the guards trying to run through. My character has always been Pro-Doy and the only way I have the city hq GR's is from going in there with a ppu strapped to my ass to tag it. If Paradox can infiltrate the city and manage to tag the GR's (and we are a reletively small clan) I dont see why Pro-city people cant infiltrate DoY. From a guard standpoint there are far less guards inside DoY compared to NC. So I voted No and leave it as it is.

NeoDriver
10-01-05, 22:59
Guards should be capable of defending, but then should the players not do that?

Now that all HQ's are safezones No!

I dont see why Pro-city people cant infiltrate DoY. From a guard standpoint there are far less guards inside DoY compared to NC.

LOL :lol: if a pro city runner tries to get anywhere near a doy gate they get owned my about 200 (over-exaduration) doy bots.

Menome
10-01-05, 23:02
I dont see why Pro-city people cant infiltrate DoY. From a guard standpoint there are far less guards inside DoY compared to NC.
Yes, but you have those bloody DOY bots bloody everywhere outside your city. All Anti-Cities have to do is use the secret entrance and they're almost home free.

Terkantia
10-01-05, 23:19
I the clan that controls an OP can decide who has access and who doesn't, then it makes NO sense that an enemy of TS can GR into my HQ. Get out, sure, ya cant stop that, but get in, come on . . . .

Someone really missed on this one, IMHO.

XenivouS
10-01-05, 23:46
Yes, but you have those bloody DOY bots bloody everywhere outside your city. All Anti-Cities have to do is use the secret entrance and they're almost home free.

Doy bots can be avoided and if you have a ppu it should be no problem at all and you would only have to do it once since once you get in you tag some GR's on the inside. And not only that but there is a sector that has a GR with no guards next to it. Also there are pleanty of DoY HQ's that have GR's with no guards near them. Its no impossible just some effort is required. :wtf:

SorkZmok
11-01-05, 00:04
IF clans taking ops are abled to shut those down against faction enemies, HQs should easily be abled to do the same. Lock em down! They still got industrial genrep, 2 outzone genreps, subway station genrep, one main entrance and several sideways to get in.
Plus they got two "safezones" in pp3 and can still zonewhere in the subway if they like.

Close down the GR and make the damn guards SHOOT ON SIGHT.

/edit
@Xeni
This isnt about getting into NC or doy. Its about the complete stupidity of genrepping into an ENEMY SAFEZONE. Where you will not die cause the guards are fucking stupid and players cant kill you. Its lame. And it makes no sense at all.

Ascension
11-01-05, 00:05
LOL :lol: if a pro city runner tries to get anywhere near a doy gate they get owned my about 200 (over-exaduration) doy bots.

Before i went pro doy, i was bored and went to Doy on my own.. as an APU.. yes I was tangent at the time, and i lived the whole episode. I killed some melee tank then followed some noob into his apt and told him to let me leave or I'll kill him *he was LE'd*:p

Its over exagerated how Doy is to hard to get into.

As for faction gr's being shut down! yes. But they should be still hackable! else it defies the term "hack"
;)

SorkZmok
11-01-05, 00:11
Before i went pro doy, i was bored and went to Doy on my own.. as an APU.. yes I was tangent at the time, and i lived the whole episode. I killed some melee tank then followed some noob into his apt and told him to let me leave or I'll kill him *he was LE'd*:p

Its over exagerated how Doy is to hard to get into.

As for faction gr's being shut down! yes. But they should be still hackable! else it defies the term "hack"
;)
Hack in what way? enough-hack-to-use-a-tool-and-travel-through-hacknet-hack? Or what?
Thatd stop tanks. No one else. o_O

Ascension
11-01-05, 00:25
Hack in what way? enough-hack-to-use-a-tool-and-travel-through-hacknet-hack? Or what?
Thatd stop tanks. No one else. o_O

well.. hmm, XX ammount of hack to 'penetrate' the GR defence?

SorkZmok
11-01-05, 00:27
Yeah, something like that probably? I dunno actually, lets wait for KK to finish hacknet weeks. :lol:

:rolleyes:

trigger hurt
11-01-05, 01:14
While it would put a serious damper on my hacker spy who has successfully tagged all the DoY Faction HQ GR's being able to pay a visit to Crahn Sect to preach to the true infidels, yes...faction gr's should be locked to hostile factions.

I should not be able to just waltz right in. Putting more gaurds there isnt the answer as you could send in an le'd runner to draw the gaurd out, then pop in before the gaurd gets back and wait of synap then go about my bidness.

Zheo
11-01-05, 01:51
I say heavy defenses around the logout portal to Faction HQ's in Hacknet and then yes locking regular GR entry to enemys.

I say it doesnt matter if you block out the other city, if you live in Neocron your allies will kill you anyway :D Hail to the back stabbers!

IceStorm
11-01-05, 03:58
Dammit. I didn't read before voting.

I have no problem with enemy runners GRing into faction HQs. It makes it easier to trade with TG in PP HQ.

Not that I care. It's not like I can't go anywhere at any time. ;-)

Terayon
11-01-05, 04:36
You know i dont care either way. But making faction hq's allie only makes sense. An op can choose to pick who can gr in, yet a faction HQ cant? A little bit retarted in my opinion.

sanityislost
11-01-05, 05:31
close Faction HQ gr's to hostiles gring in yup. but anyone should be able to hack into the HQ thru that GR.....

SiL ..:..

naimex
11-01-05, 09:23
with all due respect to whatever it is ur trying to do..

but why on earth not just make faction HQ´s faction only ?

Kozmos
11-01-05, 09:58
with all due respect to whatever it is ur trying to do..

but why on earth not just make faction HQ´s faction only ?
cause thats as cuntish as taking cycrow and making it clan only... not even FF do that :p

Heavyporker
11-01-05, 17:19
Well, well. I've seen progress of this poll over two days, and it's been holding steady at 75% for yes.

KK.... you may want to listen.

Ministry
11-01-05, 17:52
cause thats as cuntish as taking cycrow and making it clan only... not even FF do that :p
not really since there is a public GR one sector away.

and its only HQ grs, you can still access none HQ ones, just that its not as easy and safe to GR into like the DRE HQ is now