PDA

View Full Version : To KK - Give us a Status Update please.

Selendor
10-01-05, 12:49
Ok then, the dust has settled, hangovers have passed, the threat of a rollback has gone, and the new year is well under way. That backlog of emails should be read, those christmas bouts of flu passed. My IT department, like many others, has had its meeting to review the goals and tasks for the coming year. By now KK should have done the same, so I think its about time you guys gave us some communication for the new year, (other than tidbits through the lead mod and a banning announcement). So can the Community Manager or MD, or whoever actually works for KK now, please inform your paying customers with such information as:

- Where you are right now with the state of the game in comparison to your launch goals?
- What are your immediate plans for the new year?
- What are your medium-term plans for the year up until box launch?
- What are your long-term plans for the whole year with Neocron?
- What are the resources KK have at their disposal to develop and support Neocron? Have they gone down?
- Who is our primary contact for communication about this game? Is it Nidhogg now, as he seems to be the only one willing to engage with us on these forums in any way at all.

Any further detail such as your priorities for bugs/theme weeks/promised-but-missing-features would also be appreciated. I would especially like to know if you have plans to look at the long running wishes of the community to examine issues such as PPU roles, Soulight/Guards, and Op war evolution.

We want to believe, we want this game to succeed, someone come on here and help us, before we drive Nidhogg mad with our flames and trolling. Give us something to actually look forward to.

Thanks in advance,

Selendor

Morganth
10-01-05, 12:52
Yeah, good idea!

Would be nice to see what we have to flame about this year :lol:

I think we are due a patch though, also would be nice if they fixed weplore.

Xer
10-01-05, 13:07
I definately feel we deserve this information as do many others, excellently said.

athon
10-01-05, 13:35
It would be nice to know what's happening with regard to the outstanding major issues such as the implant-no-drop-on-death bug and the absense of Player Shops.

Athon Solo

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 13:36
Voted five, nice idea and nicely put.

Yeah, good idea!

Would be nice to see what we have to flame about this year

I know you were only joking, but jeez >_>.

Morganth
10-01-05, 13:39
I know you were only joking, but jeez >_>.

Well, it'd be nice to know what they are planning on throwing at us next. Regardless what they do they get flamed. Drone theme week got flamed by non-Droners, HackNet theme week is getting flamed occaisionally for not producing anything recently, and them removing backpacks has caused a lot of flamage.

Fafhrd
10-01-05, 14:22
another quality post by Selendor.

Please talk to us, KK!

Genty
10-01-05, 14:28
It would be interesting to know if what was planned to be at the first release is still due to be done by the UK/US release and if the UK/US release is still aimed at Q1 2005.....

Ascension
10-01-05, 14:29
More answers, less silence.. any patch would be nice.. maybe stop the Implant shit! tht make Op wars a feckin stale m8 :rolleyes:

Riddle
10-01-05, 14:32
With all the competition of a new year of game releases it would be wise for KK to give an update.

Show us the loving there giving our game :) I totally agree with TS.

We should have a seperate forum of KK News, project planning,the direction of this game, on the drawing board, etc... :D

MkVenner
10-01-05, 14:36
We should have a seperate forum of KK News
kinda like the announcment forums? :p....shame we only get like one anouncment a fortnight....

great post sel, all things we need to know, when exactly will we get all of NC2 :D

Nidhogg
10-01-05, 14:37
Just to set expectation, Than isn't back in until Wednesday and no statement can be made until at least then. I'm sure something will be said this week but I can't say whether every point will be addressed.

N

Dr Strange
10-01-05, 14:48
Just to set expectation, Than isn't back in until Wednesday and no statement can be made until at least then. I'm sure something will be said this week but I can't say whether every point will be addressed.

N

That's something...at least.

Can we get information from say, Codi? Or one of the other guy's who works directly with the game engine. Some of us are more concerned with the long time stuff such as the memory leak and fatal-runtime-errors.

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 14:48
can we hope for something like a new plan file nid?

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 14:51
Thanks Nid.

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:07
Sex and pie.

Riddle
10-01-05, 15:30
Originally Posted by MkVenner
kinda like the announcment forums?

Not really what I meant :)
If you look in that announcement forum apart from the launch of NC2 it's mainly REACTIVE posts, i.e. in reaction to forum flamage on a topic or in game problems.

What I want to see is a PROACTIVE Forum keeping us up to date on current issues and detailing future plans. I'm not looking for Dates, just whats on the drawing board.

The problem I find in this forum is trust, we the community don't hear anything for a while and all sort of rumours spread, we then get pissed off there's no answers, Nid try's to give answers to issues :) but still rumours fly and on past experience we tend to take silence as TROUBLE in the future!

Even posts on a weekly basis, saying work still ongoing would keep my mind at rest :D

The old saying was no news is good news, unfortunately here in NC no news means pissed of community.

Selendor
10-01-05, 15:49

N

Thanks for that, we shall await with baited breath the words of our community manager.

athon
10-01-05, 19:08
Thanks for the update Nid.

Athon Solo

paolo escobar
10-01-05, 20:58
@ seledor : Very nice post man, u tackle all the important stuff there and nicely said too.

@ KK : I eargerly await the veritable surge of information that you have for us all.

5 Starz

zii
12-01-05, 04:01
Its great to see a thought out and proactive post. seriously.
voted 5*s, and await Thanos' return.
happy new year .

hegemonic
12-01-05, 16:01
Guaranteed no rollback!? Is that true? Can I start playing again!?

Nidhogg
12-01-05, 16:36
Guaranteed no rollback!? Is that true? Can I start playing again!?
I announced that a rollback had been ruled out almost a week ago. Yes, you can start playing again, assuming you haven't got Cajun Uplink or something on your head. ;)

N

Dr Strange
12-01-05, 20:04
Well Nidd, it's Wednesday. About 7pm german time so their offices are probably closed for the day. News? A scrap? something?...

Odin
12-01-05, 20:14
Well Nidd, it's Wednesday. About 7pm german time so their offices are probably closed for the day. News? A scrap? something?...

Everyone's playing catch up still. I wouldn't expect anything until sometime during next week at the latest.

Dr Strange
12-01-05, 20:18
Everyone's playing catch up still. I wouldn't expect anything until sometime during next week at the latest.

That's something, at least.

Doesn't bother me whenever a fix is made, keeps my calendar pool going ;p (p.s. I've got dates of Never being picked so don't feel bad if a winner wins on that one)

Seven
12-01-05, 21:43

Good to know what's up.
Thanks.

THE_TICK!!!!
13-01-05, 06:32
Exellent post well thought out and well writin. If only i could get my points across that well...i just have to use a big hammer :) good post

hegemonic
13-01-05, 06:43
Thanks for keeping us updated Nid.

13-01-05, 12:50

Where can I download 'Catch Up'? If all the KK guys are playing it then it must be great! (I was going to say pwwwnnn or whatever it is there until I realised I had no idea how to spell it)

Seven
13-01-05, 15:41
Where can I download 'Catch Up'? If all the KK guys are playing it then it must be great!

LOL! :D

Fafhrd
13-01-05, 18:56
I announced that a rollback had been ruled out almost a week ago. Yes, you can start playing again, assuming you haven't got Cajun Uplink or something on your head. ;)
N
Not quite Cajun but still irritating (http://mercury.walagata.com/w/foobar/shot0139.JPG) in 3rd person view. GM couldnt help me ingame. Guess i have to wait for a miracle to get it fixed.

Selendor
20-01-05, 18:01
Sorry to bump thread but we still haven't had much of an update apart from the fact that KK are going to try and work on Hacknet 'when codi has time'. Was wondering when a full plan file etc will be gracing these forums?

Also, I was checking out the Reakktor website and was wondering how long this ad had been going:

Community Manager

Job Description: Work as a community manager and as a game master (GM) for one of our MMOGs. Part of this job is setting up events within MMOG worlds, helping players who need assistance, communicate with the player base of an MMOG, enforce guidelines and terms of service on community boards etc. A comprehensive introduction into the details of this job will be given during the first two months of your employment to maximize your potential.

Requirements: Besides being a good team player you should also have excellent communication skills and at least one year of recent and testified experience with MMOG communities. This job is available now as a tele-commuting position (i.e. work from your home) or on site at our German development studio.

I looked at this page a few months ago and saw the coding jobs advertised but wasn't sure if I remembered this one.

LOST
20-01-05, 18:23
i saw a gm fella with (trainee) after his title....go figure.
edit: this was the past 2 days or so.

paolo escobar
20-01-05, 19:27

Well odin its been more than a week since u posted this.
Do u actually know anything at all, or was it a feeble attempt to "fob" us off with more hollow promises?

Spikadelia
22-01-05, 13:20
Agreed Pablo. It's definitely the lastest according to prior announcements. Now let's go straight to our sponsors for this message.....

Bzzzzzt......click.......Hello you have reached the offices of Reakktor, I'm sorry nobody's here to take your call, we're all playing the closed beta of WoW Europe. O_o

Seven
24-01-05, 07:23
Agreed Pablo. It's definitely the lastest according to prior announcements. Now let's go straight to our sponsors for this message.....

Bzzzzzt......click.......Hello you have reached the offices of Reakktor, I'm sorry nobody's here to take your call, we're all playing the closed beta of WoW Europe. O_o

Heh, I'm seriously thinking about trying that, but I just hate those types of themes.

I also hate what this game has become and lack of players, it's really starting to suck around here. :mad:

Ninjano2002uk
24-01-05, 07:41
I also seen a Gm / trainee on let me think was it .... Mars? yer think so was at B 7 i think on New years Eve (sad i know) but i got back early got a gf cud not be ar sed spending double on everythin plus £50 for taxi fair just to try & pull a few girls piff , anyways think it was Phrase? or sumthin US dude so i was told , was a good avent just ppl running around killing crabs etc :)

Germans are so cool to play with,

now if it was Terra everyone wud be dead but the GM's LOL :D

Riddle
24-01-05, 14:43
Well odin its been more than a week since u posted this.
Do u actually know anything at all, or was it a feeble attempt to "fob" us off with more hollow promises?

I am losing all hope of any quick fix to NC in fact any fix at all.

It's nearly Feb i see no further announcements, no patches, and next to no people on the servers whats going on???

Original monk
24-01-05, 15:23
Where can I download 'Catch Up'? If all the KK guys are playing it then it must be great! (I was going to say pwwwnnn or whatever it is there until I realised I had no idea how to spell it)

they probably mean sketchup, you can download it here (http://www.sketchup.com/) :)

Dr Strange
24-01-05, 15:24
I also seen a Gm / trainee on let me think was it .... Mars? yer think so was at B 7 i think on New years Eve (sad i know) but i got back early got a gf cud not be ar sed spending double on everythin plus £50 for taxi fair just to try & pull a few girls piff , anyways think it was Phrase? or sumthin US dude so i was told , was a good avent just ppl running around killing crabs etc :)

http://www.ascendancy.net/tribalwar/wtf-lightning.jpg

Nidhogg
24-01-05, 15:24
An announcement that should greatly improve communication with the community will (hopefully) be made very shortly - hopefully today. I can't promise answers for everything but I can promise that the process will improve. ;)

N

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 15:30
sex j00, in your niddeh bits.

LiL T
24-01-05, 15:48
An announcement that should greatly improve communication with the community will (hopefully) be made very shortly - hopefully today. I can't promise answers for everything but I can promise that the process will improve. ;)

N I knew it I could feel it in my bones allmost

Well if things improve and we get more info I might feel I'm not wasting my money every month and start to play the damn game again.

Transformer
24-01-05, 16:09

N

I hope so. Come March and if nothing is fixed. Then I'm off to other games.

retr0n
24-01-05, 16:12

N

So, sometime next week then?

Terkantia
24-01-05, 16:23

N

Nid, I'm not tryin to shoot the messanger, but . . .

/startwhine

This whole thing, since the end of Nov has been teh shit!! For a long time, I gave KK the benefit of the doubt, thinkin the old timers were jsut professional whinner. But in the past 2 months, they (KK) been playin WAY too much HL2 and Halo 2 and such. We have been completely in the dark by EVERYONE but you. I really apprefciate the fact you do what you can do, but I cannot understand wtf is goin on with everyone else . . .

/endwhine

I do however appreciate that you give us what you can when you can. You do for us, as far as communication goes, the best ya can.

A humble thank you . . .

And dammit someone better say somehting today!!! This is teh sh1t!!!!1111!!!!one

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 16:23
I hope so. Come March and if nothing is fixed. Then I'm off to other games.
Though I hope that they are about to release one big uber patch that fixes stuff, you know that that probably won't happen. March may indeed see no new patch.

I'll be here anyway.

athon
24-01-05, 16:41

N
Sorry to have to put it this way but: I'll believe it when I see it happen long term.

We keep hearing this "things will get better" stuff, and often it does - for a short while, then KK fall quickly back to their old ways, usually adding another item to my list (now in my sig) on the way.

Athon Solo

Nidhogg
24-01-05, 16:59
Announcement may be this evening, maybe tomorrow - the wheels turn slowly, but they do turn. Note that the announcement is about a communication initiative - some information on the "hot topics" will then be released. I really think that you will see a significant increase in Reakktor presence on the boards...

N

Ministry
24-01-05, 17:03
would be nice to see more KK presense on the forum.

just have to wait and see, comunications between KK and the customer has never really been that great, a few times they tried but didnt last long.

hope it works this time :)

MkVenner
24-01-05, 17:11
a new communitcation initiative? sweet...

tho i hope it doesnt turn out like ratman lol :p

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 17:16
tho i hope it doesnt turn out like ratman lol :p
Haha, I was just thinking about him after seeing him post in the german com talk.

Nidhogg
24-01-05, 17:20
We've learned from the Community Representative approach. It's certainly not fair to blame anyone over that, it just wasn't a close enough link to the information source. What's required is better communication from KK themselves.

N

Selendor
24-01-05, 17:31
What's required is better communication from KK themselves.

N

Bingo. Although actions speak louder than words, we are only asking for communication as a precursor to getting real fixes and evolutions to the game.

Vanten
24-01-05, 17:32
We've learned from the Community Representative approach. It's certainly not fair to blame anyone over that, it just wasn't a close enough link to the information source. What's required is better communication from KK themselves.

N

Im sorry if I might sound rude, but isn't that what we allways have said?

hegemon
24-01-05, 18:34

N

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0738204315/102-8243379-8404160
http://www.cluetrain.com/

paolo escobar
24-01-05, 19:28
I am losing all hope of any quick fix to NC in fact any fix at all.

It's nearly Feb i see no further announcements, no patches, and next to no people on the servers whats going on???
OK first off, there is NOT going to be a "quick fix" to the bugs/problems NC has.
If you think there is then you are unfortunatly experiencing the effect of the microdot that someone put in your drink earlier, ergo your tripping ur ass off my friend.

Announcement may be this evening, maybe tomorrow - the wheels turn slowly, but they do turn. Note that the announcement is about a communication initiative - some information on the "hot topics" will then be released. I really think that you will see a significant increase in Reakktor presence on the boards...

N
Yes, thank you Nid. This is great and unexpected news. Now you have given us a time frame within which we can expect the announcement.
I hope the ppl behind you are going to fulfill this otherwise it will not look good for KK.
Will be looking forward to hearing what the KK team have to tell us and what plans they have. I'll be on the forum hittin F5 all night :)

N
Once again thanx nid. I think we all agree that the communication between them and us has been poor. And if it wasnt for the scraps of information that nid tells us, then communication would be totally nonexistent.

Dribble Joy
24-01-05, 19:42
OK first off, there is NOT going to be a "quick fix" to the bugs/problems NC has.
Problem being is that given the amount of time that has passed, and perceived simplicity of the problems, waiting any longer for fixes is not something people want to do.

Genty
24-01-05, 20:46
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0738204315/102-8243379-8404160
http://www.cluetrain.com/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1587611198/ref=br_lf_b_12/202-9007188-9937417
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0740700251/ref=br_lf_b_18/202-9007188-9937417

-Demon-
24-01-05, 23:21

N

I just dunno how to take this...we shall see I guess. I don't hold much for it to last long, because whats happened to theme weeks? Hmm yeah sounded good at the time.

Sorry KK this is all a bit late for most people and it's no good just telling us which you ain't done for over a month now! Too little too late...how long we been saying about comms? how fricking long?

Pah I dunno why I bother anymore...

MrDomino
25-01-05, 02:34
I don't see much of a future for KK.

Dribble Joy
25-01-05, 02:38
I don't see much of a future for Ian Heslop as a porn start, but who knows.

naimex
25-01-05, 03:10
I have to say that it is about time for a new status update. havent heard a thing for weeks.

Ascension
25-01-05, 03:24
I have to say that it is about time for a new status update. havent heard a thing for weeks.
I say im not holding my breath anymore, id rather not die ;)

Xeno LARD
25-01-05, 03:40
I don't see much of a future for Ian Heslop as a porn start, but who knows.

Oh, I don't know. He's short + bald. That's all I look for in a partner!

Momo Katzius
25-01-05, 11:08

N
Well, a fair conclusion. I hope you are allowed to make such a conclusion official. ;)