PDA

View Full Version : Is neocron still full of bugs?

I am P
10-01-05, 10:54
Hello
It has sliped my mind to start playing again,
But i wonder, is the bugs still there?

P

athon
10-01-05, 11:06
There will always be bugs. At the memoment there's only one noticable bug and that's that implants don't drop when you die. Otherwise everything is fine from my point of view.

Athon Solo

Morganth
10-01-05, 11:21
There will always be bugs. At the memoment there's only one noticable bug and that's that implants don't drop when you die. Otherwise everything is fine from my point of view.

Athon Solo

Yup, aside from the same ole crap the implant drop bug is the one which affecting the most people. I find it kinda useful, nice to be able to go level without worrying about finding someone to stick a needle in me everytime I screw up.

naimex
10-01-05, 11:40
Is neocron still full of bugs?

P

what bugs ?

there are no bugs... only features.

Ascension
10-01-05, 11:43
Every MMO has bug's simply because of the thousands of different scenarios that can arrise when hundreds of people connect.

But yes the implant bug should of been fixed by now :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 11:44
Hey, i'm still here, so yes :D

It's playable, but you'll see people with mobs for hair, dx9 eating up free mem like there's no tomorrow, vehicles are still bugged, synchbugs and rightclick bugs are still present.
If you can live with that then there's no problem.

I am P
10-01-05, 11:59
All drone bugs gone? ;)

P

Hey, i'm still here, so yes :D

It's playable, but you'll see people with mobs for hair, dx9 eating up free mem like there's no tomorrow, vehicles are still bugged, synchbugs and rightclick bugs are still present.
If you can live with that then there's no problem.

Nidhogg
10-01-05, 12:39
All drone bugs gone? ;)

P
KK have introduced the concept of "Theme Weeks" where they concentrate on a particular part of the game in order to fix bugs (priority) and add content. Drones were the first on the list and the critical drone bugs were fixed. Some new drones were added, the HUD was redesigned and now shows distance to player and player's health, and a drone racing arena was added.

N

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 12:51
I started droning in NC2 last night. I can assure you... drones got a LOT of loving, and i haven't found any bugs so far.
The only thing that took me 15mins of cursing, switching pa, relogging etc.. was the "you cannot use this item due to an unknown reason".

Turns out i was too close to the wall.... Maybe they could have just put :"You are too close to the wall" :-)

Morganth
10-01-05, 12:53
I started droning in NC2 last night. I can assure you... drones got a LOT of loving, and i haven't found any bugs so far.
The only thing that took me 15mins of cursing, switching pa, relogging etc.. was the "you cannot use this item due to an unknown reason".

Turns out i was too close to the wall.... Maybe they could have just put :"You are too close to the wall" :-)

Yeah, thats got me a few times too.

I like the new drone HUD, looks all sexy and hightech.

Spermy
10-01-05, 13:02
Hello

P

Answering the question, with a question.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Ascension
10-01-05, 13:14
Answering the question, with a question.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

depends if he lives in the woods... polar bears don't live in woods :) .

Spermy
10-01-05, 13:16
depends if he lives in the woods... polar bears don't live in woods :) .

Exactly ;)

It all depends on the bug. Some bugs will never go, bless em, but a shedload of others - including Sploits, have been fixied.

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 14:16
1. you still lose SL at random when droning.

2. the "cannot use item for unknown reasons" means you are launching it in a bad place, it is the failsafe to stop launching in a wall etc. move into the open.

and yes... there are still bugs. still more than any other MMO i have played... but it does seem to be slowly improving :rolleyes:

Revslad
10-01-05, 14:25
mabe il start wiping my ass like a bear.. door frames will be white no more, doubt my mum will be pleased :lol:

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 14:26
"care"bears use soft tissues for whiping :-)

Revslad
10-01-05, 14:28
aye, it mabe a bad idea the splinters would hurt bad haha :lol:

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:11
Real men use sand paper.

borl
10-01-05, 15:23
Real men use sand paper.
No. Real men use this (http://forum.iamnotageek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18218).

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 15:25
GOD!!!!!

use that and the closest you'll ever get to being a real man after it is when you sing the soprano in a transvestite choir :-)

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:27
Good for getting rid of those dingleberries though ;).

jernau
10-01-05, 20:55
Hello

P
Pretty much all of the NC1 bugs are still here.

We now also have :
- a massive memory leak (may make game unplayable)
- a wide variety of graphical bugs (including even closer clipping plane)
- lots of mismatched textures
- implants don't drop
- Click2Pay
- Hacknet - a whole new world of bugs
- Flying vehicles
- Lots more NPCs covered in boxes and a new selection of incomplete quests
- The new item distribution system
- A few old Beta bugs back that got fixed in NC1

As Nid says, they started a new thematic approach to content and bug fixing. Unfortunately although it started well it seems to have died like so many other things.

The game does crash much less if you ignore the memory leak which varies a lot in it's impact from PC to PC.

Basically if you were happy with NC1 you'll be happy with NC2. It's pretty much the same game for more money. The biggest change is that there's a lot more time-sinks and treadmill stuff. The "Dome" is probably worth renewing an account to see though if you enjoyed NC1.