PDA

View Full Version : Techno or what?

Terayon
10-01-05, 06:21
Anyone know what style of music KMFDM by ramstein is? Is it techno or industrial or what? Im trying to find music in this kind of class, but cant seem to find any.

BTW anyone know any good techno that isent the kind where all you have is a drum beat and a random noise here and there?

Incursus
10-01-05, 11:24
KMFDM is considered industrial I think.. ;)

For more "trance" stuff, I ALWAYS have winamp playing Digitally Imported. (Trance chan.. the Goa-Psy and Chillout rooms are awesome too). That should give you an idea of what you like and what you don't. ;)

(<< Will always recommend Astral Projection though. Get their Dancing Galaxy cd. DO IT NOW! 8| )

Spermy
10-01-05, 13:01
"trancey" stuff...

DJ tiesto - have a listen to one song in particular - walking on clouds, if thats ur lot, try kai tracid, Paul van dyk... erm, jens... stuff like that :D

MkVenner
10-01-05, 14:10
not heard that song by ramstein, but for trancy, rocky, trippy stuff you might want to try Chiasm (especially isolated) or Aerial (pound), bitch to find their stuff tho....

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 14:22
Well, according to My site (http://xenocide.info/) I'm listening to "Breeze & Styles Feat. Karen D - Heartbeatz ", It's fucking good. Download it! (err, buy. Sorry).

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 14:42
not heard that song... but Ramstein is considered industrial i think

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 14:46
It's industrial, but the genres are getting closer and closer to each other.

Nothing beats my love for chinese classical music :angel:

and my deeply rooted hate against country and western.

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 14:58
and my deeply rooted hate against country and western.
Join the club.

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:09
Try some Jethro Tull ;).

Carbonite
10-01-05, 15:11
BTW anyone know any good techno that isent the kind where all you have is a drum beat and a random noise here and there?

ehhh Techno is all about a drum beat and a random noise =p
Even though i listen to all kinds of music, techno is the thing i hear the most...

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:12
My god!!! Where did you come from!! :eek:

Don't scare me like that!! :(

Spermy
10-01-05, 15:13
ehhh Techno is all about a drum beat and a random noise =p
Even though i listen to all kinds of music, techno is the thing i hear the most...

Aye - the only thing that comes close to that is instrumental trance...

*Spanks teh filthy techno*

Grrr.

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 15:21
With trance you sometimes get the feeling that the music gets inside your body and makes you move around to the beat, feeling great, pumped up with energy, and the whole world is one big party........ or is that the drugs? :D

Seriously now, a lot of "musicians" tend to dislike techno and trance, because they claim the people that make it can't play an instrument or don't know music etc....
The thing is music is not about who can "shit the most notes per second" or who makes the most complicated piece of music. It's about sounds and rhythms that touch people in their being. Music has the power to communicate emotions, even more so than a written piece of art.
If you ever take notice of the movie soundtracks you'll see that they are a HUGE part of the way you feel during certain scenes. Take away the soundtrack and sometimes you'll think you're watching a commercial.

So, basically every kind of music can be good, as long as it conveys an emotion or a message to people.

Except for country and western, whoever listens to that should be taken outside and shot in the street.

MkVenner
10-01-05, 15:49
Except for country and western, whoever listens to that should be taken outside and shot in the street.
hey hey hey, Johnny Cash is a ledgend :p

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 15:50
*BLAM*

Anyone else?

Nikabolokov
10-01-05, 16:57
IIRC, 'Techno' was the term americans first used to describe any dance music with electronic instruments.

Techno as I believe it is, hard cutting dance tunes. eg Joey Beltram

Trance is as the name says, Its dance music designed to put you in a Trance like state, the term was derived when recreational drugs were in their heyday.

But the only real difference between styles of Dance music is Bpm.

steweygrrr
10-01-05, 18:22
*BLAM*

Anyone else?

Erm Lynard Skynard are alright I suppose?

*ducks*

Though you are more likely to find me in a moshpit than line dancing....or doing that weird thing with your hands people in clubs call dancing :S

Spermy
10-01-05, 18:24
Erm Lynard Skynard are alright I suppose?

*ducks*

Though you are more likely to find me in a moshpit than line dancing....or doing that weird thing with your hands people in clubs call dancing :S

I think you'll find they're comparing Telly sizes. :rolleyes:

LOST
10-01-05, 18:37
honestly the fish was this big and this long...:rolleyes:

SorkZmok
10-01-05, 18:51
hey hey hey, Johnny Cash is a ledgend :pShit yes, i love him!
People who dont like Johnny Cash dont know good music. He`s awesome.

About techno, err hate it. Well theres one or two "artists" i like, Kruder and Dorfmeister for example. Are they even considered techno? Or what is it?

And that Rammstein / KMFDM thing, both are industrial bands. KMFDM started in 84, looong before Rammstein, they kinda inspired Bands like Rammstein or Marylin Manson. Their name means "Kein Mitleid für die Mehrheit", "No pity for the majority".
Some people think it stands for "Kill motherfucking depeche mode" though. :lol: :lol:
Anyway, if youre into industrial, Ministry all the way!!!

MkVenner
10-01-05, 18:52
lol, big fish, little fish, cardboard box :p

my taste in music is so wide, ill listen to anything, from Dean Martin to De La Soul, from Echo and the Bunny men to 2pac lol

Maui
10-01-05, 19:42
d&b > all :P

gota say it ^^

MkVenner
10-01-05, 19:57
im from east london, so ofcourse d&b features quite highly on my playlist lol :p

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 20:03
I'm a grubby student from the South West so I'm a punk/ska/rock tupe dude.

MkVenner
10-01-05, 20:12
What i r listening too (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boomer_uk/WinAmpPL.htm)

Nikabolokov
10-01-05, 21:23
:S

WTF - 2Pac ft. Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

That is so just..... wrong. Let me guess, this is one of those dodgy tracks that has been released after his death??

But apart from that, a very good playlist, good taste you have there.

But, no 3 Feet high and Rising??? That is De La's best album :)

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 21:44
eagles of death metal...
queens of the stoneage...
kyuss...
primus...
mondo generator...

sex tbh

steweygrrr
10-01-05, 21:55
Erm

Sugarcult
Story of the Year
The Offspring
Killswitch Engage (KFC!! :D)
Billy Talent

Thats who I have on rotation at the mo :)

MkVenner
10-01-05, 22:22
:S

WTF - 2Pac ft. Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
nah it was from some charity event iirc

Terayon
10-01-05, 22:59
Well i can easily get in the zone with neocron, if thats wjat you mean by trance like state. Also after do..... obtaining every song mentioned in here for techno i find that athough i dont dislike it, i dont realy enjoy it either. Anyways my playlist is only composed of like 20 songs.(dam you windows activation)

system of a down - the metro
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
teenage mutant ninja turtles - mc hammer - turtle power
Hoobastank - Can I Buy You A Drink
Foreigner - Jukebox Hero
and hen actualy, i have realy gotten alot of music in the last few days.

That song i was reffering to was a remix btw from KMFDM and ramstein.

Spermy
11-01-05, 19:04
Velvet revolver - contraband
Paul van dyk - essential trance
Various - Ultimate chillout collection
The Haunted - random tracks
Caliban - random tracks
Stratovarius - Random shizzle
Type O Neg - Random stuff
The killers
The Libertines....

etc.

Ministry
11-01-05, 20:10
not heard the remix you are talking about, have to look into that tonight.

but ya KMFDM and Ramstein are both industrial.
never been big on ramstein, KMFDM are cool, nihil and angst are class albums.

though Ministry are the win, also NiN and Sister Machine Gun are other cool industrial bands, oh and last Mortiis album is pretty cool as well