PDA

View Full Version : Levelling a barter character.

CMaster
09-01-05, 01:03
Levelling a barter character.

If I make a character who's primary stat is barter, how do I level int with him/her? Does merely buying and selling items gain int exp, or would I have to say, take up CStering or Ressing as well?

MkVenner
09-01-05, 01:07
you do gain a very, VERY slight amount of int from trading, tho its easier to do it the old fashioned way, besides Barter caps at like 130 or 160...so its not like you need EVERY point in it

Spoon
09-01-05, 01:16
A droner or a pistol spy....

As a droner you can just use a minimum of Willpower and plenty of points left over for barter..
But with a non RES/CON droner, missions are harder...

A Pistol spies CON and STR wouldn't suffer like a droners does....

A third option would be a RES/CON/BRT spy(Glok had one of those, I think he started out as a Pistol Spy), your Barter wouldn't be that great, tho....

retr0n
09-01-05, 01:33
I would go with BRT/CST... CST Gives DEX, INT and STR XP and there
are better implants for CST to boost your skill with then RES. RES also
doesnt give DEX XP, not sure if it gives STR, but I dont believe it does.

Seven
09-01-05, 01:36
you do gain a very, VERY slight amount of int from trading, tho its easier to do it the old fashioned way, besides Barter caps at like 130 or 160...so its not like you need EVERY point in it

Yep, get good pistols made and do aggie missions and then hit the MB bunker and kill Cyclops.

I have a 120 barter, just kept killing mobs.
Now I can lom my weapon lore off to barter when I'm ready to do so.

~edit~ This character is just for barter though and nothing else.

poelzi
09-01-05, 01:48
Levelling a barter character.

If I make a character who's primary stat is barter, how do I level int with him/her?

I made the mistake to level my barter with pistols once, but now i swear on drones :). In my opinion, researchers and barters are best leveled with drones. I do meelee to get str and con (mostly capped now).

kindly regards
daniel

Dim
09-01-05, 13:24
besides Barter caps at like 130 or 160...so its not like you need EVERY point in it
Barter caps?

MkVenner
09-01-05, 13:30
practicly, theres a point where the % gain in money per point is less than 0.1%

Logan_storm_03
09-01-05, 14:30
if ya get a HC tank buddie, spec enought to drive a rhino tank asap, and just let him gun and you drive, thats what i did, got to lvl 37 from lvl 10 in like a few hours.

Capt. Rik
09-01-05, 14:36
if ya get a HC tank buddie, spec enought to drive a rhino tank asap, and just let him gun and you drive, thats what i did, got to lvl 37 from lvl 10 in like a few hours.

Edited - nevermind i misunderstood what you said

MkVenner
09-01-05, 14:38
yeah he's right, VHC XP is screwed lol, i was driving as a spy, with a tank gunner, and i got like 5 Psi, 3 Dex, 2 con and 1 Str in like half an hour on decayed mobs and WBs

retr0n
09-01-05, 14:50
yeah he's right, VHC XP is screwed lol, i was driving as a spy, with a tank gunner, and i got like 5 Psi, 3 Dex, 2 con and 1 Str in like half an hour on decayed mobs and WBs

You got PSI xp as a spy? Or did you mean 5 Int?

MkVenner
09-01-05, 14:56
oh no, i meant PSi lol, i was like WTF, spy driver, tank gunner...

retr0n
09-01-05, 16:17

h4x!!! :p

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 00:51

It's true, I leveled my PE like that. From about /20 to /40 in a few hours.

[Edit: PSI was the first thing I capped :|]

Logan_storm_03
11-01-05, 20:15
basicly its also fun as well, also you can blast any FF or any other baddies that comes along coz ur ina big fat tank so you can lvl safely which is a big plus in todays neocron.

Agent L
11-01-05, 21:39
yeah, rhinos rule.

I leveled my brt as pistolero, 50 or 75 wep, rest to brt. Not even near to cap, but has 120 or 130 brt already. Poison belt and swamp/chaos caves. Don't forget bit of rec if you'd go this way.