PDA

View Full Version : Is it poss

NeoDriver
08-01-05, 16:33
Is it possible to take a meele tank and ppu to do mc5?

Tantta
08-01-05, 16:34
rezzing might be hard :rolleyes:

Shame
10-01-05, 15:14
no and dont expect to get techs lol dont expect to get anything besides dead :)

mishkin
10-01-05, 15:16
It's hard, but doable... almost any class can do mc5, but heavy tanks are the easiest to keep alive ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 15:24
It's hard, but doable... almost any class can do mc5, but heavy tanks are the easiest to keep alive ;) can I do it on my PE?
if so I got my plan for the week

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 15:34
I've seen a team of two stealthing droners do it. They took had great teamwork going, and one would keep droning as the other looted the commander.

I think what you realy need is two teams of ppu and damagedealer, and it'd better be a HIGH level ppu.

SorkZmok
10-01-05, 15:34
I doubt it.
H-C tank + PPU is the easiest way. I rarely ever die and we can take down the commander pretty fast if we`re lucky.
Some people prefer APUs as holy firestorm is awesome in there but i think they go down way too easy.

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:42
APU dmg is quite a bit higher than HC AoE, but the resists and hp of a fully buffed HC tank far outstrip that of an APU, more room for error when PPUing.

MC tank is probably easier than a PE though :P.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 15:44
APU dmg is quite a bit higher than HC AoE, but the resists and hp of a fully buffed HC tank far outstrip that of an APU, more room for error when PPUing.

MC tank is probably easier than a PE though :P. what about a
Melee PE?
HC PE?
pistol PE?
rifle PE?

I dont think one of em will work :'(

LTA
10-01-05, 15:45
what about a
Melee PE?
HC PE?
pistol PE?
rifle PE?

I dont think one of em will work :'(
hc pe with a fusion/raygun cannon could do it

Bugs Gunny
10-01-05, 15:45
I'm not sure.
I'll bet you can spec a PE with a con setup for MC5, not a lot of athletics, just energy resists and a shitload of health, then add to that pa and full duranium armor (HC pe here) and ppu buffs and heals...

But i don't see rifle or pistol pe's do it.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 15:46
hc pe with a fusion/raygun cannon could do it could meaning possible or could meaning its theoretically possible

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:46
HC PE would be the best, they have better resists than other PE sub-classes, and do as much dmg, thier AoE is far superior to anything the pistol PEs have too.

I suppose an MC spy could be worse....

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 15:47
I suppose an MC spy could be worse.... there went my chance of happyness :(

LTA
10-01-05, 15:50
could meaning possible or could meaning its theoretically possible
meaning they can do it, just take a little longer than a tank coz of the lower tl wep but still perfectly possible

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 15:56
Spies can get to about str 80.. so it's not completely impossible. Spy PA would be good for the xray dmg too.

Spermy
10-01-05, 15:57
My prefs

2 teams

PPU HC HC

PPU APU

Bobs ur uncle - INSANELY hard to find a willing team tho :p

netster
10-01-05, 16:18
HC-Tank / MC-Tank / PPU combo is prob the best team .... myself did with friends tank, clanie ppu, myself with mal+dg .... dg just for the last cents of the commanding bi**h ;)

netster
10-01-05, 16:20
Spies can get to about str 80.. so it's not completely impossible. Spy PA would be good for the xray dmg too.
nc1 i did libby on the commander while others shooting with AOE, the pain when the commander was looking at me was kinda big, but i made even good dmg to him :)
(err .... was doin with exec + libby)

Morganth
10-01-05, 17:11
One droner can kill the commander in 5-8 lauches of a TL100ish drone (thats if 85% of the hits register etc). It takes between 10-15 mins per run depending on where the commander wanders.

Two droners do it in half the time, with less chance of them dying as one keeps a drone up while the other loots/launches another.

Droners do it much fast that an tank/PPU team.

netster
10-01-05, 17:25
10-15mins? sounds equel to an tank/ppu team for me O_o

Morganth
10-01-05, 17:27

Haven't timed it, and unless El Syph wanders over here I can't get it from the horses mouth so to speak. But I know its faster than any team with a PPU (unless its droner and PPU, which is even faster due to DBing).

And at least if you drone it you don't have to share :D

Cliffraiser
10-01-05, 19:03

that long? god 2 ppus and 2 tank can do it in under 2 minutes. its how i farmed there for weeks :o

Ascension
10-01-05, 19:25
that long? god 2 ppus and 2 tank can do it in under 2 minutes. its how i farmed there for weeks :o
yup can be done in 2/3 mins ive been there when it was done.. HC tank (agro puller) for everything but commander.. then I worked on the triple DB'd commander.. of course that was a while back but.. the principle worked :)

Original monk
10-01-05, 19:31
lol a PE in mc5, reminds me of andy constable (riflerspy) mc5ing in the early days :)

mc5 formula is pretty easy tough: 1 ppu + 1 tank or 1 ppu + 1 apu ... altough the first combo is the easiest to keep alive as been told above in the thread

why only 1 team ? -> less parts to chare :P

altough the rate on wich you kill commanders with 2 teams is faster ffcourse

still i prefer 2 peeps, altough 4 peeps come in handy when its a PKfest in there :)

steweygrrr
10-01-05, 19:39

Gotta be bloody lucky and get the commy trapped somewhere otherwise you are looking at a 10 minute 5 death job (However I am quite proud to have survived long enough in MC5 for my primes to run while crouched....thats gotta be around 17 mins all in all :D)

SypH
10-01-05, 19:57
Using a PB 20 drone (store bought but I still cap it) assuming about 75% of my shots hit the commander I can take him down in 4 launches. If your positioning is right you can take him down in about 5-8 minutes. I dont camp MC5 for hours because it is soul destroyingly dull, but a quick series of runs can get 10 parts a time with little effort.

I've had a ppu help before with damage boosting and it took pretty much 2-3 minutes to drop the commander with 2 launches.

RogerRamjet
10-01-05, 20:42
Some BRUTAL Deluxe attempted it on Uranus PPU/Melee, and they were leet tbh, so i wouldnt be suprised. Should have stayed to watch.

If you have a good PPU APU/HC Tank/PPU works very well.

steweygrrr
10-01-05, 23:43
Some BRUTAL Deluxe attempted it on Uranus PPU/Melee, and they were leet tbh, so i wouldnt be suprised. Should have stayed to watch.

If you have a good PPU APU/HC Tank/PPU works very well.

In an odd not really at all way there Roger :P

The best combo we came up with between ourselves and SSC/SSX was MS and SirRah and my (ex) HC tank and a PPU......we cleaned the place out quite easily with HF and a moonie.

Bugs Gunny
11-01-05, 11:22
For a droner, what kind of stealth am i looking at?
Stealth 3 or obliterator?

Skusty
11-01-05, 15:19
can I do it on my PE?
if so I got my plan for the week

PE is better than a spy or a lvl 3 PPU and a lvl 3 hctank :D But....Rc spy might work Hmm... :p

BradSTL
11-01-05, 16:42
I don't see how rifle user could work, considering that rifle users have no area effect weapons and therefore must be in line of sight of the target to shoot. You're going to work your poor PPU to death that way.

I'd been wondering if a droner could solo MC5, since in my experience while the drone is flying and shooting almost every mob in the game ignores the droner, and because I was there once when a GM spawned one of the guards and it couldn't hit a TL75 ion drone to save its life. But let me guess, though, the respawn rate is too high, so you can't loot? Figures.