PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Won't Launch

Dr Strange
07-01-05, 14:22
friend has a problem

he tried to double log using his 2 accounts. this worked for a few minutes before his system started to hang real slow and he had to reboot

apon rebooting he could not launch NC2. the Launcher would not open, nothing.

Reinstalling and repatching did not work, same thing.

Ideas?

Xeno LARD
07-01-05, 14:40
Just run /client.exe

Dr Strange
07-01-05, 14:50
Just run /client.exe

Assuming this works (friends afk atm), wouldnt client.exe just launch him to the Login screen? If so how is he going to patch in the future if the Launcher is hosed even after multiple reinstalls?

Something about dual logging seriously fucked him over. Now his computer seems sluggish even after several reboots (no spyware or virii), I assume if the Launcher won't even load client.exe won't either. He's currently defragging hoping that will help.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 14:53
virii = plural of virus? thats a cool word :p

and i dunno, i have never had issues with dual clients (though i may have finished killing my pc last night... wouldnt find any drives this morning [im in a net cafe at lunch time now])

Dr Strange
07-01-05, 14:58
Heh yea virri is the plurral forum of virus

Anyway, I'm not sure if dual logging did it or not. Search isn't helpful, I found maybe 2 related topics and in one someone said it could pose a problem causing login errors at the login screen while another said there would be no problems.

That'd be great if there were no problems dual logging but apparently there's something since my friend can't even login at all now, and the fact that when dual logging he logged in fine with 2 clients from the same directory.

Akuji
07-01-05, 15:50
Logging two clients together on one machine seems to cause no end of troubles.

Ask him to mail tech@neocron.com and i'll look into it.

Thanks.