PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Game Moments

Lexxuk
07-01-05, 04:48
Best moment in any game ever!

Mine has to be a few years back playing X-Com on the PS. I sent one of my guys upto a door, he turned and there was an alien, my guy didnt have enough TU left to shoot the alien, he was sure fire dead. I had one person left who I could use, and she was all the way across the screen. She had line of sight but was miles away. Knelt, turned her. Aim shot and watched that plasma bolt fly. Screen after screen that plasma flew, must have been 5 or 6 screens worth, before scoring a direct hit on the alien, killing it, and ending the mission! Now thats a moment that I remember even all this time later :D

Whats your's?

Darkener
07-01-05, 05:58
I was at a mates house one time and was playing the then new FF7. He was at the part were you fight dwayne. Try as he could he couldn't beat him no matter what got bored and asked me if i wanted a go. It was a hard fought battle and i got about 50 molotov cocktails to the head but i was standing at the end :P. I went out and bought the game afterwards and it has been my favorite game ever since.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-01-05, 06:21
Best game moment, I gotta say hard Q
Im going to go with my most memorable 2
ONE: WW2online resubbed after 3 months alot had changed. Im walking through a forest in formation around our Halftrack(well 251C but..) and suddenly its really bright and the 251 just explodes! shit goes everywere and I dive to the ground and half my friends get MGed down by an ambush.
TWO: Neocron(oooh yeah)When I was a new player and I walked into PP(LE in lucky me) and watched as a pistol PE and a HC tank dueled. It was so cool to watch the PE kick the tanks ass. I sitll remeber that

Original monk
07-01-05, 10:18
in neocron(1) this would be the duel against style that yust didnt seemed to end lol, extremely fun :) afterwords we had a nice chat over direct (we where both shaking lol)

a non neocron moment i yust think of was while playing counterstrike :) in the map cs_mansion .. if ya know the map there is a small underground tunnel at the right of the map, me and 1 mate of me in lan where playing and the teams got unevenly divided for 1 round due to teamchanges etc, 6 of the other people's clan vs me and my friend :)

thing that happend is i rush the underground tunnel as fast as i can and duck in the middle behind a corner with a P-90 (FN-herstal), camping a sec to catch the first guy that would enter :)

now behind the corner pops up a head and BAM i press my trigger rakatakatakataka ... thing i didnt knew was that he's whole clan followed em and ran right with all there heads in my rain of bullets lol, one by one :P round took a few seconds with as a result 6 headshots and a clan that didnt knew wtf yust happend, me neither until i saw the list of headies appearing lol, such luck can only happen once :)

got some other memorable moments in lotsa games but this was the first one that popped in my mind and its getting long allready :)

QuantumDelta
07-01-05, 11:09
MMO - Neocron, heh, First op fight with Rabbi Fang and co in SSC, at emmersons. Great fight.

Offline - FreeSpace 2 ... "DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!" "...ok that was close...and we gotta wait fifteen minutes before we can change our shorts...." Yea snipes....too fuckin right...

Online - FreeSpace 2 :p - Taking the SW.Com top position, with a squad that basically consisted of just myself, and BlackDove, and occasionally SSC-Fahd.
2/3 vs the universe.

All time - FS2 Online moment.

When we finished proving ourselves.
For the last time.

Morganth
07-01-05, 12:29
Neocron: When I discovered that you could hide behind the pipes in the mutatn cellars in P1 and level :lol: Also being told on my first big clans vent that I sounded and acted around 24, although I am only 16 (they thought I was 24 for around a month, lol)

Legend of Mir 2: Helping the GMs along with the 10-15 players that were still logged kill 40+ of the hardest GM mob spawned in game when a GMs account got hacked (by hacked I mean the password was being bruteforced for a good 6 months, lol).

CS Source: Killing someone from the other side of the room with an AK on the Rats map :p

HL2: Got to the bit in the buggy where there is a little base thing behind two towers, and pinned someone to a door from 150ft with the crossbow by the neck, so he just hung there as if he was still standing :lol:

sanityislost
07-01-05, 12:49
Neocron - Having most of crahn come after the cult with that bounty on our heads....was really cool ^^

GTA3 - proving to my mates that the dodo could fly by flying it for 2 hours :p

theres prolly more but i cant remember them lol

SiL ..:..

dem0n
07-01-05, 12:58
fallout, was about to loose dogmeat to a deathclaw. my other 2 characters were faaar away, dogmeat had just about as enough health to get killed by a deathclaw, so it's his turn, and he does a crit on the deathclaw and survices.

again some of the saddest expiriences, fallout again. I leave [what was his name anyway, blue pants black leather jacket, you join him in the first village where NCR gets founded in fallout 2] him infront of the BoS entrance to go and investigate that area in the south part of the world which was a former power plant I believe, the place was radiated and I didn't want to waste medications on both of us [dogmeat died by then :(] so only my main char went there. I come back to BoS entrance about 30 days later and he started shooting at me because I've left him alone for such a long time... damnit I got connected with them too much :(.

Obsidian X
07-01-05, 13:01
I have to say one of my all time favorites was playing C&C: Red Alert 2. It was a skirmish game against 3 brutal enemies. They lauched a coordinated attack on my base and crushed my construction yard, refineries and pretty much everything else except some of my Tesla coils and my war factory. It must have taken me about 5 hours but I used the rest of my remaining units and a bit of stockpiled cash to launch a series of guerilla attacks on both enemies, which after a long and drawn out battle of attrition, I finally beat them. Victory never felt so good! :D

MkVenner
07-01-05, 13:09
Neocron: When me, Selendor and Biker Man, 3 low tech PEs, held off a whole army of blood titans (i think) for like a half hour, and just as we were about ot break the cavalry came, a shit load of Templars and the rest of IO...

Offline: In Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, on my uber Brujah, level 5 potence, level 5 celerity, switched em both on, and i took out a whole room of guys with a katana at like light speed without taking barely 1 hit...

Online: Me and a mate were playing Desert Combat, both assults with the SAWs, 2 Iraqi technicals full of people pull up and we just open up raping them all

ArgieD
07-01-05, 13:36
although I am only 16 (they thought I was 24 for around a month, lol) :

d'ya see what cigarettes do for you? :)

Capt. Rik
07-01-05, 13:40
In Neocron - capturing the first DRE Op on Saturn

Ever - tough one, i'm sure there are loads if I really think about it but here's a few:

Super Mario World - completing the entire game and getting a blue 96 as my score in 3h30m

Shadowman - finding that last dark soul and unlocking the second devourer weapon

Quake - the first time i played online deathmatches

tbh most modern games don't give me that fuzzy glow of achievement anymore... strange :wtf:

dem0n
07-01-05, 13:45
tbh most modern games don't give me that fuzzy glow of achievement anymore... strange :wtf:

yeah same here, best games I played were released between the 1980-1998, the new modern 3d games suck, I sometimes feel like the only person which seems to like starcrafts game and graphics more than the crappy 3d childish toony look and play of warcraft III.

and the same thing keeps happening with movies, I haven't seen more than 5 good movies made in the past few years.

EVERYTHING IS BECOMING COMMERICAL 8|!

Obsidian X
07-01-05, 14:00
yeah same here, best games I played were released between the 1980-1998, the new modern 3d games suck, I sometimes feel like the only person which seems to like starcrafts game and graphics more than the crappy 3d childish toony look and play of warcraft III.

and the same thing keeps happening with movies, I haven't seen more than 5 good movies made in the past few years.

I was thinking exactly the same, what happened to side scrolling beat-em ups, and 2D platformers that were fun?? Is there something magical that has been lost in the abundance of technology, or are we all simply getting older and more cynical..? o_O o_O

Capt. Rik
07-01-05, 14:08
I think the world is too hung up on making games with good graphics. Gameplay and innovation seem to have become a lesser priority

omg, how could i forget Super Smash TV and Total Carnage :cool:

Edit:
Damn you Lex, this thread has made me miserable :(

Nerf games!! they're overpowered

Siygess
07-01-05, 14:11
Oh, so many moments, so little time..

Best MP co-op moment: Me, FirestarXL, Blackjim and Brammers playing Vietcong. Cranked the difficulty up to max and we tried holding on to a radio station atop a hill. The final moments of the round were priceless as VC finally made it up the hill and swarmed into the base.

Best MP pvp moment: The original Heavy Gear. I sucked at PvP in Heavy Gear, even more than I do in NC, and I only got one kill the entire session when I played against Blackjim. Me in a Hunter, wheels engaged, him in a Hunter, wheels engaged and 250m to cover to reach the last waypoint and another victory for him. I'm chasing him at 70kmph and plinking at him with a light auto cannon. 200m *plink plink* 150m *plink plunk WARNING System Damage* 100m *plunk plunk plunk WARNING System Damage* 50m *plunk plunk KABOOM*

Best SP moment:

Recreating scenes from Kill Bill in Vampire: Bloodlines' China Town. Female Toreador. Trenchcoat. Kitana. Celerity 5 and Blood Buff (meh strength was teh shit). Choppy Choppy! I'm with you, MkVenner!

Being an evil exploiter by (literally) thinking outside the box during a tough part in HL2's Nova Prospect.

retr0n
07-01-05, 14:14
Is there something magical that has been lost in the abundance of technology, or are we all simply getting older and more cynical..? o_O o_O

I would say a little bit of both.

Lexxuk
07-01-05, 14:48
Hmm, I think my most classic NC moments, the first was when I was a newb, probably on Neptune I think it was, well the server that got closed first in B4, I had like a TL9 pistol and no idea what I was doing, so I ran around the map for ages and ages, I headed north and some scorpion kept killing me, and so I kept dropping stuff (no QB or slot1 safe then) I eventually snuck past it and wound up near a house with explosive barrels and the mob who's name I cant remember, but has the 4 spider type legs and uses a fire spell.

Anyhow, I started to shoot it, doing pretty much no damage, and the next god knows how long was a cat and mouse game with this mob, getting hit by fire, retreat, heal, go back, shoot shoot, and after about 30-40 minutes I eventually killed the bugger, and I did feel some achievement then :D These days I can punch them to death but meh :p

Other memorable NC moments would be during the damage stack bug, when you would do thousands of dmg and one hit kill a 120/120 hoverbomber, then suddenly drop dead hehehe

Recently was in L2 with a friend, she said "attack the werewolves, dont shoot the orcs!" two minutes later she was dead and shouting at me "wtf I said DONT SHOOT THE ORCS!!" hehehe *coff*

Xeno LARD
07-01-05, 15:03
MMO in general: Legend of Mir 2 (OMG SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD PLAYED THAT? :D:D:D). Anywhoo, I was in woomyon woods (maybe, it's been a while) and a warrior with a GAxe ran past in (I want to call it pa, it wasn't :/), I was on my wizzie and wasted him, gogo centi's :D. I love Mir.

Neocron: Hmm, probably the first time I killed and hacked a belt in NC1 on my PE (Xenocide, yeah he did actually kill something :/).

CS: I was on that map, it's like a small village, sandy, like dust. Anywhoo, a whole clan (6+ people) vs me + this other guy. We were killing them round after round. I then got the dreaded message: "Kicked by console" :(. Too good, obvously.

Offline: Completing Motherload (http://xgenstudios.com/play/motherload/) :D.

Edit: The warrior was red and started attacking me btw, I'm not a complete cunt like that. Also there was some game, global conflict or something, but the makers of outwar or whatever. I gained access to the admin panel, one of my mates reset the game :(.]

Dribble Joy
07-01-05, 15:51
NC: Got a few.

One of the first OP fights with Skulls against uTs when they were in TG at Blackhill.
Angeldust (on his hybrid) screams at me to get down, I had just spotted Xantor come round the hill to the east, it was just after the sniper rifles had come out and I stood there bemused as my hp halved before suddenly landing on my back.

An OP fight at Rockshore, CM fending off the giant that was TJ while they were BD.
A HUGE long range fight between our posistion at the OP entrance and them at the tower to the SE over the large dip. Moonie, DB, Mal and all types of shots flying from side to side. Awesome fun as the PEs and melee people dodged it to fight in the middle.

At MB, just another day bimbling about J01, I spot a melee tank in TG suddenly near the ASG, he sees me and charges, he even shocked me with his tempest.
No contest at all. I didn't have to heal or DB him, he simply could not hit me. I tore him apart in seconds.
I was kami at the time too (-100 piercing).

The first time I killed with my Kami setup, a TG sniper was was a few other TGs in J01, they were dead but this SH PE stealthing git was giving us hassle.
We were all running around like mad. I was behind a tree when he destelths and whips out his SH, he can't have seen me while he was focusing on going for someone in the distance.
I calmly emptied my judge (full capped with kami goodness) into his face, he didn't have time to pull his stealth unit before he fell over, couldn't have taken more than about 7 seconds.

Morganth
07-01-05, 15:55
d'ya see what cigarettes do for you? :)
No, because I don't smoke :rolleyes:
Also my voice doesn't sound like I have, its just deep.

In Neocron - capturing the first DRE Op on Saturn

oooo add that to mine! Still got the screeny (see attachment!)

MMO in general: Legend of Mir 2 (OMG SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD PLAYED THAT? :D:D:D). Anywhoo, I was in woomyon woods (maybe, it's been a while) and a warrior with a GAxe ran past in (I want to call it pa, it wasn't :/), I was on my wizzie and wasted him, gogo centi's :D. I love Mir.

Yeah, Woomyon Woods is right. Centis were the win, I used to have 2 moths and 3 Centis to go PK, para spam + T bolt and they died! What was your Mir name, level and guild?

Capt. Rik
07-01-05, 16:13
oooo add that to mine! Still got the screeny (see attachment!)

hehe happy days :)

Latent Entropy
07-01-05, 16:47
When ever me and my mates all get together for LANs there are always classic moments. Be it a Racing, FPS, Strategy, what ever genre game, there will always be a classic moment, which would have everyone rofl.

But the most recent Greatest Game Moment for me was when i was playing Halo2 with my mates (on map Zanzabar (spelling)). I push these explosive barrels of this edge and they didnt explode, (which was quite lucky as they usually do), my team mate gets on the turret and im waiting with my shotgun, on the ledge where i pushed the barrel off.

Anyways, along come the other team in the warthog racing to our position, my mate unleashed hell with the turret when they get into his LoF, they keep moving towards this barrel. the Warthog is now over the barrel but they are still moving, fire my shotgun at the barrel it explodes!!!

It instantly kills the gunner and after the warthog finished barrel rolling in mid air it gets stuck in this set of rocks where the driver died on impact!

Xylaz
07-01-05, 19:30
My greatest NC moments were fighting spyware at MB on Saturn awhile ago. Never before i've fought such an excellent and focused fighter. This guy could roam the MB for like an hour without making even the slightest mistake with 5-10 people after him. Perfect warrior. I will miss him.

Xeno LARD
07-01-05, 19:52
Yeah, Woomyon Woods is right. Centis were the win, I used to have 2 moths and 3 Centis to go PK, para spam + T bolt and they died! What was your Mir name, level and guild?

I was a Wizard called Wizardary on the Dragon (maybe) server. He was level 28 at the end I think, 24 at the time of that I suppose, 24 for centi's, right? Oh, good times. I used to play on 56k with 400MHz P2, eek.

Edit: My guild (I say mine, that's not true) was called the Dark Legion. We were so awesome, hunts to ZT, WT, BC every night, pwnage.]

Morganth
07-01-05, 19:58
I was a Wizard called Wizardary on the Dragon (maybe) server. He was level 28 at the end I think, 24 at the time of that I suppose, 24 for centi's, right? Oh, good times. I used to play on 56k with 400MHz P2, eek.

Edit: My guild (I say mine, that's not true) was called the Dark Legion. We were so awesome, hunts to ZT, WT, BC every night, pwnage.]

I was a lvl 35 wizz called Morganth on Dragon, was in DeathRow :p

I recognize the guild.

Ascension
07-01-05, 20:44
GTA3 - proving to my mates that the dodo could fly by flying it for 2 hours :p

Whooa, i thought I did well flying it for 14 mins.. :eek:

Morpheous
07-01-05, 20:50
Most likely the ending of HL2. ;) "Time, Dr. Freeman....?"

Either that, or in HL1, when you're crawling through a duct.... and just walking along when suddenly a headcrab leaps up from below you ^_^ scared the shit outta me.

Or.... In HL2, Ravenholm, where you get the broken trap you can pick up the blade from and use as a weapon. Most beautiful moment ever graphically and interms of gameplay dynamics :D

Lexxuk
07-01-05, 20:52
heh, you just reminded me of Resident Evil, when your walking along a dark corridor, its earily quiet, you hear your footsteps, then SMASH music blares, 2 zombie dogs jump through the window and your pad ends up flying across the room as you have a heart attack hehehe

Morganth
07-01-05, 21:46

Either that, or in HL1, when you're crawling through a duct.... and just walking along when suddenly a headcrab leaps up from below you ^_^ scared the shit outta me.

Or.... In HL2, Ravenholm, where you get the broken trap you can pick up the blade from and use as a weapon. Most beautiful moment ever graphically and interms of gameplay dynamics :D

Yeah.

I also enjoyed the bit in HL2 in Ravenholm where you get to pick up those big saw blades :lol:

Capt. Rik
07-01-05, 21:47
Anyone remember the first Tomb Raider? That game took skill and patience to complete

Lexxuk
07-01-05, 21:52
I think Tomb Raider took a BDSM approach, you must really love to beat yourself to death with a stick if you could jump that bridge 50 times cause you keep dying arghhhh!!111

Monolithic
08-01-05, 00:16
This makes me remember a bit of fun from Pluto.
Shortly AFTER they nerfed the Libbys, Viruz LOMed his Tank to use Libbys.
The very first person he went out to fight was Megaman. I reckon it took him slightly over 10 minutes to drop Mega. Mega didn't hit him once (Viruz was rather good and the high run speed meant he was virtually unhittable). Mega went absolutely berzerk afterwards on the trade channels.
Viruz then asked me to log my spy to make him some new weapons.
Armed with his new 5 slotted phosphur pinfire nailgun he went hunting Mega again :D As far as I know he never got Mega with the nailgun :(

Incidentally, what's happened to all the great characters like Mega and Viruz, who would play it up? Much too much seriousness on Terra right now.

I also remember nonamebrandeggs jumping off the platform of an outpust GR... musta been all of 3 feet... and dying from the fall :eek: Damn, spies are puny.

Favourite non-Neocron moment - Thief 2
Sneaking up behind a guard on the city streets. So much sneaking. So much stealth. One with the shadows. I AM THE SHADOWS. Bwahahaha. Much ego going on :p You know I'm heading for a fall :rolleyes:
I leap out of the shadows and cosh the guard.
Instead of a thud and the guard falling down, there is a mightly clang! and the guard cries out, throwing his arms up in the air.
He staggers back into the light and I see he has a whopping great metal helmet on his head. Doh! He starts to say "My Grandmother..."
Not wishing to enjoy a humourous anecdote about his Grand-mama I leap forwards, belt him on the head again ("Argh!" he goes) and have it on my toes. Que for a massive Benny Hill style chase through the streets as every guard in hearing distance joins in.
I couldn't stop laughing throughout it all for some reason.

-Demon-
08-01-05, 01:08
Neocron 1 moment: Fighting at cycrow, FF tried to take it back off then NCF, 2 hacks down and I log on my spy.
Get to the Op...all fighting going on around me...I think we are gonna lose this soon we are pretty much outnumbered as a few are down.

I start the hack to reset...I get it no problem it's counting down what seems like forever though then finally it resets the hack, I'm down to half health from random fire..i hit stealth...I'm literally shaking from the rush I've just had!

I contined to shake until the cavlary arrived in the form of dark and kicked ff outta cycrow..for that night anyway. Damn amazing...still makes me smile when I see that FF spy thinking hes got the final layer and it's the first again hahaha.

Good Times...good times.

Mechanicus
08-01-05, 01:40
NC1 - me and my friends who were all ok duelers at the time but had never really done any opp waring and wanted to give it a go went out and took seiger from a clan called GRIM (were great people, had some good fights with em) they werent the best but put outnumbered us and put up a good fight, after a vicious battle we won and after about 30 mins of attempts to take the opp back we got a message saying well done and good fights and we could keep the opp, we had won our first opp war!

we managed to keep and defend it for 2 weeks with max 6 total clanmembers untill it was hacked when we were all offline and we got zerged when we tryed to take it back

NC1 - i had one of the first HC pes on uranus, i was in NF with a lot of the best fighters on uranus at the time, everyone told me i would get slaughtered, i won over half my duels, against people who i either went even with died frequently to on my pistol pe!
everyone was really impressed, i felt pretty good about those victorys because i had proved more than that i could beat someone else on a cookie cutter template.

NC1 - another opp war with GRIM, we were outnumbered over 3-1, we had only 3 people there i think, apu, ppu and PE (me), we said forget about numbers lets just have fun, so me and probally the 2 people i've had most fun playing NC with ran in guns and spells blazing, i didnt really think too hard, just kept shooting and kept my curser on the enemys, in a few minutes of tough fighting we looked around and realised we had killed them all, and not taken any losses, another feel good victory, we got told good fight by grim also, they let us keep that opp after that fight :D

ultima online - me and a friend went to pick a fight at an enemy guildhouse, to find ourtselves being rushed by 6+ people, we fought well and kept each other alive while killing them and won that fight, we then stayed alive vs everything the guild could throw at us for about 20 more mins, we probally scored about 15 more kills each before we had to retreat

giga191
08-01-05, 02:03
First ever LAN party playing Quake although when I first played CS on a LAN I was amazed as well

Dribble Joy
08-01-05, 02:51
Mega got banned afaik, for duping apt keys. Though he came back in early 23004 I think, sure sure. Anyway he went again.

RogerRamjet
09-01-05, 20:43
I remember the first Tangent Alliance (TNT, BRUT, LAARD) vs the United Angels (SSX, R2K, Rangers). I was on Ramic's APU and got an anti buff on master jaegar (I think Rah or someone was playing him at the time) and killed him, but on Vent i was screaming "ANTI-BUFF ON MASTER JAEGER, ANTI-BUFF ON MASTER JAEGER, ANTI-BUFF ON MASTER JAEGER" for about 10 minutes.

I miss Uranus sometimes.

Out of game was on Halo 1, on Blood Gulch. A friend was in a tank, i was on the side seat of a warthog. As the tank drove over us i fired, sending the tank spiralling about 10000 feat in the air, spinning so fast when i looked at my mates screen i was almost sick. Needless to say, i promptly pissed myself.

Cliffraiser
10-01-05, 00:11
in NC: Op fight at tristar where 4 of us defended against 5 different clans and winning in the end. <3 NDA
and another one where me and fenix + warrior ppuing us took on 15+ FAs at i think it was regents, and killed them all in about 2 minutes

all other games: becomming #1 in tribes 2 on the ladder with my team beating the team that had been #1 in both the european and american ladder for the past year. disbanding and then come back a year later and do it again. and staying undefeated till finally disbanding again

Ascension
10-01-05, 03:27
I remember starting NC 2 years ago in feb. I was in MC 5 and decided i didnt like the ramp.. I jumped and died needless to say :lol: ill always remember descent laughing at me :(

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 03:32
I remember starting NC 2 years ago in feb. I was in MC 5 and decided i didnt like the ramp.. I jumped and died needless to say :lol: ill always remember descent laughing at me :( lol that reminds me of when I got NC2 open beta up. gr'ed to my app(above plaza1) and jumped. the though that went thru my mind before I hit "I wonder if there is falling damage" the landing answered my question perfectly

Xeno LARD
10-01-05, 14:33

I started playing HL2 the other night and was there last night, I'd just seen White Noise in the cinema. FUCK YOU SCARYNESS :(. On a lighter note, that buggy thing is fun ^_^.

Morganth
10-01-05, 17:16
I started playing HL2 the other night and was there last night, I'd just seen White Noise in the cinema. FUCK YOU SCARYNESS :(. On a lighter note, that buggy thing is fun ^_^.

I'm gonna complete it again, but on the Hard difficulty setting :D

Nomad-Soul
18-01-05, 00:54

Demon dont worry i've finished both Fallout1 & 2 (definatley my favourite rpg ever!). And i've spent TOO much time playing starcraft/warcraft3.... but starcraft is still my alltime fav strategy ; )