PDA

View Full Version : Leveling melee

SorkZmok
07-01-05, 01:31
Right. I got a melee tank. Str 85 con 81 (thx to that apu tit at the dre hq :)). I havent played him in ages but today i found out how much fun it is compared to that goddamn slow h-c tank.

So, where do i level a melee tank? Poison caves suck for con xp. I hate firemobs. And warbots are crap for leveling anyway.
I dont want to fullcap him, i just want to get to about 90 con without leveling for ages.

Someone help me out here.
DM me if you dont wanna share your secrets with everyone. :p

Tantta
07-01-05, 01:35
Hmm in El farid you might get some con xp i think. hard to say :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 01:38
something other than poison caves, fire mobs and WB's?

unlikely you can ceres lab without a real good ppu...

chaos caves / graves / el farid i guess.

Seven
07-01-05, 03:24
..dragonflies...

Transformer
07-01-05, 05:09
..dragonflies...

no one can take the dragonflies and stingers...too many...too much damage...NERF THE DRAGONFLIES!!!

On topic: Get a PPU and kill copbots lol. copbots = sucky dmg. Or maybe kill the crazy people inside where the old TSU HQ used to be in NC1 in PP1.

Darkener
07-01-05, 05:25
Right. I got a melee tank. Str 85 con 81 (thx to that apu tit at the dre hq :)). I havent played him in ages but today i found out how much fun it is compared to that goddamn slow h-c tank.

So, where do i level a melee tank? Poison caves suck for con xp. I hate firemobs. And warbots are crap for leveling anyway.
I dont want to fullcap him, i just want to get to about 90 con without leveling for ages.

Someone help me out here.
DM me if you dont wanna share your secrets with everyone. :p
Meh the slow hc tank is > than you. Anyway they are only as slow as you make them. Chaos caves is your best bet. Tg canyon is good or getting a grim on its own (even though ya dont like fire mobs). You get a grim on his own you can milk of his A-sexual beasts of doom nice str and con exp.

eprodigy
07-01-05, 08:07
I recently lommed my mc tank to hc and regret it :wtf: not anything relating to power (although I don't think melee is overpowered tbh) but I just love the speed of melee

SorkZmok
07-01-05, 08:33
Meh the slow hc tank is > than you. I doubt that. I managed to stay alive with only PA and heavy dura boots, using the rare knuckles. No more armor, no ppr, no moveon, crap con. I couldnt have done that on a h-c tank.
Oh, i got an h-c tank aswell. Hes slow. o_O

Morganth
07-01-05, 11:07
lol, all these people saying HC tanks are slow. DarkH perhaps you should show them your runspeed? Man its a bitch PPUing for you, you run faster than melee tanks in OP wars, lol.

You should level caving really, especially if your team is using AoE :D That will level your CON fast. Although I have noticed now you get CON from shooting stuff generally so I guess the same applies for MC. You can probably solo El Farid, or you could try finding somewhere with DoY bots but not hundreds of them in range of you.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 14:22
heh i op warred with darkh the other day... hes not slow :)

i been told my hc PE isnt slow either

LTA
07-01-05, 15:01
point red storage, doy tunnels

Usually decent con

Morganth
07-01-05, 15:04
heh i op warred with darkh the other day... hes not slow :)

i been told my hc PE isnt slow either

HC PEs can spec plenty of AGL seeing as they only need their 80 DEX to go towards some TC :p

Same with MC PEs.

Transformer
07-01-05, 15:37
melee PE's = win. melee pe's>HC pe's. I say this cuz we get uber shocker to make jooo slow. and if all else fails, shock, and run with uber 120 agl run cast your heal and shelt if you got the psi use and such.

Morganth
07-01-05, 15:40
melee PE's = win. melee pe's>HC pe's. I say this cuz we get uber shocker to make jooo slow. and if all else fails, shock, and run with uber 120 agl run cast your heal and shelt if you got the psi use and such.

I know two STR based PEs who are both very decent PEs and I think if they fought each other they would each win an equal number of times, so its not a case of MC>HC. If you pitched DarkH against a decent MC tank I have a good idea who would win :p

The MC PE doesn't use a shocker, simply because he doesn't need one. Personally I think that any MC based character that needs a shocker to help them hit stuff needs some serious practice in aiming. The only class that benefits from the shockers is MC, yet every other class gets along fine killing without one.

Transformer
07-01-05, 15:58
The MC PE doesn't use a shocker, simply because he doesn't need one. Personally I think that any MC based character that needs a shocker to help them hit stuff needs some serious practice in aiming. The only class that benefits from the shockers is MC, yet every other class gets along fine killing without one.

thats my PE is my fun character. always fun to piss people off with shocker and me gettting DMs a few seconds later "YOU ONLY KILLED ME CUZ OF THAT DAMN SHOCKER!!!" yeh i know. if i was seious i'd log another character. plus melee PE's are fantastic with dmg. the only dmg they do is when their attacks stack up and you get the occasional 40 popping off someones head. if you were you slash someone once with a PoT it'd do like 10 lol.

dem0n
07-01-05, 16:01
worm tunnels

Spermy
07-01-05, 16:52
There is no nice way of levelling tank con.

Sit in plaza and hurl abuse at people, get a ppu and let em have at you :P

D1S
07-01-05, 20:07
Easy, fire mobs - grim chasers/persys etc, peace of piss with INQ4 and a good TL 3 heal (u can easy get over 500% on that) Good con + STR XP IMO, also good for getting the odd tech parts from doomies. Thats how I capped my melee.