PDA

View Full Version : Ty

tiikeri
06-01-05, 19:59
According to this:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1730475#post1730475

I think everyone who kept playing even there was a threath of rollback in the air, wants to say thank you for not rolling back.

More work, perhaps.. but atleast not the massive flames.

- TY :)

QuantumDelta
06-01-05, 20:00
Terra stopped all it's childish bickering and flaming for a few seconds to rejoice when this message was delivered to them on OOC :p

Dribble Joy
06-01-05, 20:07
Thing is.. EVERYONE has lost thier hair.. does that mean that every single char will have to be hand fixed?

Tratos
06-01-05, 20:11
Well its better than a rollback wouldnt you say?
Im glad to see some good news for a change :)

Just me or does it seem Niddy is now our connection to KK? :p this somethign official Niddy? or do you just like bullying people for info ;)

Ministry
06-01-05, 20:12
Thing is.. EVERYONE has lost thier hair.. does that mean that every single char will have to be hand fixed?
plague of hairlice left us all bald.......aparently :p

Dribble Joy
06-01-05, 20:12
Indeed, but it just seems like an impossible task. I could see a lot of whining about who gets fixed in what order.

Spermy
06-01-05, 20:14
*Waves his I TOLD YOU! flag*

I'm such a twat aren't I!!!

Muahahahaha! :D

retr0n
They could implement a hair salon(sp?) for a short period of time, or just a
barber npc where you could select your haircut and save the GMs some time.

Would be cool also to have one permanently :)

Morganth
Perhaps they should fix the Rok-Wear terminals and incorporate a hair dresser into it? That would kill two birds with one stone and take a load of work off the GMs.

EDIT: Penny posted a split second before me :p

retr0n
06-01-05, 20:15
Perhaps they should fix the Rok-Wear terminals and incorporate a hair dresser into it? That would kill two birds with one stone and take a load of work off the GMs.

Yup, would be nice :)

Tratos
06-01-05, 20:15
Rokkwear with hair bit would be a cool idea, fixes the problems and fixes some content for all servers. sounds good to me :)

tiikeri
06-01-05, 20:16
yeah, fixing the outfitters and adding the hairstyles to it would ease the forthcoming work...

Tratos
06-01-05, 20:21
rawr, return of the "massive orange text sig" (TM)

Might make more people notice :p

Original monk
06-01-05, 20:24
a rollback after people been playing for this time wouldnt be ideal .. not that they (KK) wouldnt dare to cause it happend before ..

but hey who am i ? aslong as i dont have to retake those few hundred freaking annoying timesinkloms then OK

nerf loms to be honest, there the most immense timesinks i ever saw in my entire short life :/

Darkener
06-01-05, 20:32
Id rather have no hair compared to that stupid mohawk. I like the look of my tank with out it :P

Mr Kot
06-01-05, 20:38
w00tness!!

At last i can take levelling more seriously now on Terra. I wasn't really having any fun on Mars.

Anyone up for some WoC levelling?

we can schedule a GM to visit you for reconstructive surgery.
ooh... we all get a free nose job with our haircut? My tank could do with a little liposuction here and there. I think the GMs should throw in some silicone boob jobs for the female PEs......rawr!

Dribble Joy
06-01-05, 20:56
I think the GMs should throw in some silicone boob jobs for the female PEs......rawr!
Have you seen the size of my tits atm? I couldn't walk properly if they were much bigger!!

Menome
06-01-05, 21:02
Have you seen the size of my tits atm? I couldn't walk properly if they were much bigger!! And in game too....:p

Sorry if that offended you, I'm just in a cheeky mood after the NO ROLLBACK news.

Mr Kot
06-01-05, 21:04
Have you seen the size of my tits atm?

LOL, can't say i have. But if u care to show me some night..... I have a nice bottle of wine in my appt and a king size milky ren we could share..... :p

I couldn't walk properly if they were much bigger!!
Hey, if they were much bigger, u wouldn't need to walk. Just lie back and let me do the rest :D

Nidhogg
06-01-05, 21:06
Obviously we're hoping that something quick and easy can be done to fix the hair model problems, but otherwise we're just going to have to bite the proverbial and fix the issues the hard way. We did say that a rollback would be a last resort and I know you'd be after blood if we rolled back just to avoid a bit of hard graft. ;)

N

giga191
06-01-05, 21:16
First of all i would like to thank KK for not doing a rollback.

[ edited ]

MkVenner
06-01-05, 21:16
i would like to point out at this point that i have hair...

in game that is

Menome
06-01-05, 21:21
My guy's still bald underneath his PA unfortunately.

Hoenstly, bald at 17, kids really ARE getting older earlier nowadays.

Mr Kot
06-01-05, 21:22
[ edited ]

I took what i thought was a sensible precaution, given past experience. You would be laughing on the other side of your face if u had done a shitload of lomming / levelling / earning and there HAD been a rollback.

Either way, the crisis is now over and i have lost nothing. I'm happy.

Selendor
06-01-05, 21:50
Good news.

I think people would be happy to wait on hair/appearance problems for a few weeks if KK could commit to getting the clothing/appearance terminals working.

NeoDriver
06-01-05, 22:00
I dont care what happens now im just happy there will be no rolback :)

Engelke
07-01-05, 00:13
Hmm what did they fix?

On logon i am still PE on all char besides the one made after the christmas crash. And all are shadows besides the new one. I even saw a bald one with pink pants today, so i can't see the big fix tbh :(

giga191
07-01-05, 00:15
I took what i thought was a sensible precaution, given past experience. You would be laughing on the other side of your face if u had done a shitload of lomming / levelling / earning and there HAD been a rollback.
If you consider what you do in NC to be a chore then you are playing the wrong game or doing the wrong things in the game. Those who chose not to be pessimistic got to play while those who chose to do so lost out on a lot of NCing. In the end the people who decided to KKeep(TM) the faith were rewarded

Menome
07-01-05, 00:37
Hmm what did they fix?

On logon i am still PE on all char besides the one made after the christmas crash. And all are shadows besides the new one. I even saw a bald one with pink pants today, so i can't see the big fix tbh :(
It was more of a behind the scenes fix. I'm just happy it's fixed the aura of paranoia that's been there for the past two weeks or so.

QuantumDelta
07-01-05, 00:40
Upon closer investigation we've ascertained that the problems with the Terra server occurred during the period of downtime and are not ongoing. This means that a database rollback will not be required. We are currently investigating whether the character model issues can be fixed in a single operation, but if not our GM team now have the tools to fix them on an individual basis.

If we cannot resolve the character problems automatically we will ask you to report any corrupt character(s) you may have to the helpdesk so we can schedule a GM to visit you for reconstructive surgery. More details will be given as and when we complete the investigation.

Read it again.

Toilet-Duck
07-01-05, 00:42
Ah Glad I continued playing nc without worrying about a rollback :D .

Good News!

Latent Entropy
07-01-05, 00:59
I smell a Rokkwear - Theme Week to solve the problem :angel:

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 01:24
If you consider what you do in NC to be a chore then you are playing the wrong game or doing the wrong things in the game. Those who chose not to be pessimistic got to play while those who chose to do so lost out on a lot of NCing. In the end the people who decided to KKeep(TM) the faith were rewarded

if you consider lomming to be fun... i pity you.

not everything in the game is fun.

getting from -99 to 100 BT symp was not fun. doing many many res missions was not fun. lomming was not fun.

however...

OP fights were fun, PvP was fun.

retr0n
07-01-05, 11:37

getting from -99 to 100 BT symp was not fun. doing many many res missions was not fun. lomming was not fun.

however...

I have to agree here, some things ingame are chores. A timesink is never any
fun, and when your forced to do it again, it's even less so.

Morganth
07-01-05, 12:21
I smell a Rokkwear - Theme Week to solve the problem :angel:

Yeah, thats what I suggested. Hopefully they take the hint, as it would mean a lot less work for them.

Miss Naughty
07-01-05, 13:06
A hairdresser would be awesome, specially if they could do me a Spider cut like Jim Jams.

Or how about a Grim Chaser cut, its all the rage Sir!

BTW, thanks for not rolling back. Didn't doubt you for a minute KK. ;)

Weazle
07-01-05, 13:55
Obviously we're hoping that something quick and easy can be done to fix the hair model problems, but otherwise we're just going to have to bite the proverbial and fix the issues the hard way. We did say that a rollback would be a last resort and I know you'd be after blood if we rolled back just to avoid a bit of hard graft. ;)

N

You'd be right ... if a rollback was announce I know of several people (including me) who would instantly walk away from the game and never look back.

Dribble Joy
07-01-05, 14:17
I have to agree here, some things ingame are chores. A timesink is never any
fun, and when your forced to do it again, it's even less so.
Changing your faction or radically changing your skills should be a chore, and your arn't forced to do it.
Whether the symp system is borked or not is somewhat irrelevant, separate issue.

Most people here remember what it was like when LoMs had no SI, people would switch from hack, to poke, to cst and all the way back in an evening.
It was just daft.

retr0n
07-01-05, 14:23
Changing your faction or radically changing your skills should be a chore, and your arn't forced to do it.
Whether the symp system is borked or not is somewhat irrelevant, separate issue.

Most people here remember what it was like when LoMs had no SI, people would switch from hack, to poke, to cst and all the way back in an evening.
It was just daft.

Yes I agree, and I remember that to, and I'm not complaining about that. What
I was simply saying is that it IS a chore and it's not fun to do the chore once
and then loose it all.

It is and also should be a timesink, otherwise, as you say, things will go back to
with ppl switching twice a day.

Think about it this way, the trashcan is full, it's a blizzard outside and you just
cant be arsed to take out the trash. But eventually you end up going outside
to throw it away and get all wet in the process. Now you dry yourself up and
resume whatever you were doing, but then the trash appreas back in your
trashcan and you have to throw it out again, and get wet... etc...

It's enough that it IS a chore, but you shouldnt have to do it twice.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 14:30
Think about it this way, the trashcan is full, it's a blizzard outside and you just
cant be arsed to take out the trash. But eventually you end up going outside
to throw it away and get all wet in the process. Now you dry yourself up and
resume whatever you were doing, but then the trash appreas back in your
trashcan and you have to throw it out again, and get wet... etc...

classic... :D

giga191
07-01-05, 17:32
if you consider lomming to be fun... i pity you.

however...

Well you should be doing the things that you find fun then. You don't need to take a lom to OP war and you don't need 90 BT symp to OP war. May as well play an FPS if all you want to do is PvP

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 22:39
Well you should be doing the things that you find fun then. You don't need to take a lom to OP war and you don't need 90 BT symp to OP war. May as well play an FPS if all you want to do is PvP

when i roll a new char i dont expect to PvP at a high level.

your high ground is pitiful, we all know there are timesinks and there are boring parts. if work is all you do program instead of playing.

oh and point me to an FPS with a setup / combat system like NC's and i will play it