PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else got Terra login probs?

Menome
06-01-05, 18:58
Like the title says really.

IceStorm
06-01-05, 19:03
I just logged in one of my characters on Terra. Login was fine. I have a red copbot as hair and my outfit is green/magenta, but other than that...

Menome
06-01-05, 19:06
Well, the rest of my internet's working ok, so i don't know what it is. My character WAS in the middle of a fight with a warbot, so I'm not too happy.

Toilet-Duck
06-01-05, 19:09
Does neocron exit when you select the server?

Menome
06-01-05, 19:32
It did. I'm back in again, for now at least.

I could log into Mars fine during that period, so i don't know what was going on there.

Don't you just love Terra?

XenivouS
06-01-05, 19:34
When I try to log into NC2 sometimes Ill almost hang from the username and pass screen to the server selection screen and if i choose Terra it kicks me back to the username and pass screen and i have to rinse and repeat until i get in and my connection is fine btw.

steweygrrr
06-01-05, 19:39
It did. I'm back in again, for now at least.

I could log into Mars fine during that period, so i don't know what was going on there.

Don't you just love Terra?

I'm telling ya....it's the old Saturn rig :P

Menome
06-01-05, 19:51
I was never around in the Saturn days, but from what i can gather, Saturn is still playable through NC1 for the next month or two until accounts run out, so it cant BE Saturn.

It's probably just an identical evil twin made by KK :D

IceStorm
06-01-05, 22:01
I was never around in the Saturn daysCount your blessings.
it cant BE SaturnSaturn is nothing more than a table in a database. It's where the database tables run that matters. Terra's database table runs like Saturn's database table did, hence the half-joking reference to Terra as Saturn.

Multiple servers can run on a single hardware cluster. The old Test server ran on the same hardware cluster as Saturn.

All the NC1 "servers" are probably sitting on one hardware cluster at this point.

Menome
07-01-05, 00:35
The most technical I get with computers is building and maintaining home ones, servers aren't my speciality. But it's interesting to know that information, thanks.

P.S I COULD have been around in the Saturn days, I bought Nc1 in spring 2003, but after a year and a half of broken internet promises, I just got the internet myself in November.

zii
07-01-05, 02:51
iF its any consf.OŠ ll.olation my 2nd char on Pandore 'is messed up - has been like this for 2 months now... So other peoples servers get their share. Sadly Terra seems to get more than its fair share :-(
and writing on this pocketpc is driving me crazy.

Menome
07-01-05, 21:26
Well, its happened again, though thankfully not in the middle of a fight this time. If you can read this Evil Ryan, sorry.

notneo
07-01-05, 21:52
well under dx 9 my whole pc now crashes when i sync into the server,under dx 7 i can log in but all text on screen at best is buggy/invisible so unplayable

play another mmorpg which runs fine ????

you tell me :)

Menome
07-01-05, 22:41
Well, before the Xmas hotfix for DX9, I ran in DX9 perfectly, with no problems. Since the supposed "fix" for DX9, I keep fataling every twenty to thirty minutes.

As for log-in, its sorted itself again. I guess NC just doens't like me.:(