PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]Unique factions, mutants and other ideas...

Obsidian X
05-01-05, 19:49
Ok this one is quite a long post....

My idea involves some significant reworks to the current NC2 client, and is kind of an amalgamation of several ideas already suggested by the community, so here goes:

For the idea the first thing that would be needed, would be facilities in the game that make factions actually unique...

Changes to the character creation process

Been said before I think, but when creating a new character, the first thing you should choose is the runners faction. Why? This way, skins, appearance etc should be based on that faction. For example, CityAdmin runners wearing clothes bearing the CA logo on them, Fallen Angels runners sort of resembling the Tech guys in TH, Protopharm runners sort of wearing PP labcoats etc (just a few ideas). This would at least create some kind of diversity between runners, which is just what the game is crying out for. Implementing a system like this will pave the way for my main idea....

Make the Regant Mutants a playable faction!

This was talked about some time ago I think, but heres my idea...

Regant Mutants are technologically advanced mutants, that have also gained access to the Ceres Discs. As a result, they posess many of the abilities and technologies of Neocron and Dome of York. The nerve center of the Regent Mutant faction would be.... correct! Regents Legacy of course. When choosing the characters starting faction, if Mutants is chosen, then all skins and clothing are, well mutated. Mutant runners may freely leave the Mutant faction, only upon proving a loyalty test to the faction they wish to join (50 symp and perhaps a mini-epic that involves slaying some of their own..?). Even a mutant subclass system could be implemented (Mutant Gentank, slightly weaker then a normal tank, but more INT..?, Mutant PSI-Warrior with weaker PSI and more con/dex?) although that might throw the game off balance. The mutants would of course have thier own epic reward, perhaps a Mad-Max style vehicle or something, though I haven't given that much thought.

Unique mutant-only items and rares could be added, such as Regants Laserblade (TL110, similar to DG but with more XRay dmg), Mutant armour (specifically to protect against XRay, perhaps weak against other kinds of dmg), the Vampire PSI spell (that drains HP from victims and adds it to the caster). At the same time, if the engine allows it, there should be a negative faction restriction on certain technologies to prevent mutants become uber (i.e instead of faction=Mutant, Faction!=Mutant).

The mutants could be unique in the sense that they have NC1 style allies/enemies. Mutants could be enemies of Protopharm (for drug experiments), Crahn (experimentation again), Biotech (more experimentation), NEXT (attacking NEXT convoys), Tangent (similar reason to NEXT) and perhaps FA. They could be neutral to other factions (DRE, CA, TG, BD) and allied with Tsunami (allowing them to visit Twister?), Anarchy Breed, and the big one, being allied to all mutants in the world (all mobs that are part of Mutant faction do not aggro mutant runners and vice versa, and appear green to mutants). CityMercs are enemies of the mutants, as although both Reeza and Yager aren't concerned primarily with dealing with Mutants, both leaders have given Mercs contracts to assasinate any mutants.

Though the faction part might require some tweaking, it would allow for some interesting possiblities. The mutants are enemy to quite a few, but are allowed to enter both cities, yet will be attacked by faction guards of many of the factions. The complicated web of faction alliances in NC1 was far better than this Red vs Blue malarky we're seeing at the moment. The mutant faction might bring some changes to that.

Anyone like/dislike my idea/have anything to add?

NeoDriver
05-01-05, 20:11
i love this idea i also agree with the enemy fation parts. mabey the mutants should mabey have WoC skills auto so that you lvl to (say a gen-tank) 105 instead of 100. cos they already have accses to the discs

MkVenner
05-01-05, 20:23
I like very much :p, specially the mutants and faction emblems

@NeoDriver, i think he means the original Ceres Disks that contained all of mankinds knowledge that allowed the building of all the guns and forcefields n shit that regant would have probly taken copies of

NeoDriver
05-01-05, 20:28
@NeoDriver, i think he means the original Ceres Disks that contained all of mankinds knowledge that allowed the building of all the guns and forcefields n shit that regant would have probly taken copies of

hmm good point. but would regent MUTANTS be allied to the insect faction?

Obsidian X
06-01-05, 20:05
hmm good point. but would regent MUTANTS be allied to the insect faction?

I thought of this, but Regent Mutants would be a seperate faction from MUTANTS, in order to avoid discrepancies with the INSECTS faction and whatnot. If such an idea proved to be problematic, then the whole "allied with mutants" idea could be just scrapped totally, as Regant Mutants may consider themselves superior to Launcher Cyclops's etc :P