PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Survival Guide by Argie

ArgieD
05-01-05, 18:09
Being in the game for nearly a year, I felt obliged to give something back to the wonderful community of Neocron. A survival guide. Not the usual stuff you read in various threads.

It's based on experience gained by playing the game as a Pro-City Runner throughout NC1 and NC2. Note that for obvious reasons I have split the categories into intra-personal and inter-personal.

Intra-personal skills:

-) Intelligence
You are the dude. The man. The clever guy. All the rest are just morons who actually want to be ridiculed by you. The more you SPAM the Trade Channels with comments like: "ALL YOU IDIOTS YOU SUCK", the more they appreciate your uber mentality. You PWN their communication channels so you are powerful; and they know it! Just remember to ignore certain killjoys who don't know what fun means.

-) Dexterity
Prove your Dexterity by claiming all the mobs in the area. It doesn't matter if your rank is **/65. The Plaza Aggies are all yours. The secret of success here is to make sure that no other runners manage to get any hits on their targets. Simply watch around where there is damage registered (these red numbers flying away) and run that way. Sooner or later you will find the source of this and take over. Pay attention whether the runner that is there at the time is LEd or not. If not, force him to subject to your uber-PVP skillz. Verbal communication skills are optional. Note that the lower their rank the more their admiration towards your person. Then look around for more damage registered and repeat last steps. Remember "The World is Yours".

-) Strength
Have you ever noticed runners punching each other at Plaza? This happens as a display of power. From prehistoric times, the strongest could claim what was available for grabs. In-game, it is essential to target LEd runners, as they try to trade or to chat. if you are a LEd runner yourself, simply target repetitively non LEd ones. Eventually they will go. Once again ignore the killjoys. The legend says that the strongest is the one who will push an AFK runner off the P1 Crytons Balcony..

-) Constitution
Are you a Spy, bored at your appartment? Feel like nobody wants to level with you because some w***er has told everybody you ally-ganked some idiots who can't really understand your superiority? Fear not! You can always level at least one of your skills a lot faster than them. Ha! Turn droner if you are not, launch one and start shooting at yourself. A real man can take some pain, right? Then count how many hits get your HL as low as possible without killing you and land your drone. Pick it up, launch again, and repeat! Show them who's the Daddy of levelling.

-) PSI
Don't be afraid to express your feelings openly. Words hurt a lot, but actions are more straight-to-the-point. Mess with their feelings. Provoke their temper. very soon they will lose it and actually respond. It is even better when you all belong to the same faction. When they reach a proper negative SL then go to the next available runner and repeat. It's always reassuring when you know that you can make a good PVPer of a carebear runner.

Inter-personal Skills:

-) Intelligence
Tradeskillers. What an uber-class of Neocron Civilians. I feel sorry for all the others. In fact, every runner who respects him self should try to make the rest look like idiots whenever he gets the chance. From a Repairer that never returns valuable items to the Researcher who claims that some of the E rares got destroyed in the process. My favourite, the Constructor. I strongly believe that you reach maturity at the moment that you construct a 5-slotted CS and you only return the rest to your victim. Your real power kicks off when he notices. This is the moment when you politely thank him for his time and simply GR away:) Clever, huh?

-) Dexterity
This takes a bit of effort to master its art, but it is very effective indeed once you achieve it. And I say Art because there is no other way to describe the power levelling of a droner. Of course I am referring to the Legendary LEd Droner; the Untouchable. Back in NC1, the brave droner would go to the Jailhouse and launch his drone by its Entrance. The guards would in fact be so intimidated that would stand across the main corridor and offer no resistance.
Now you see the droners (I say "Droners" and tears coming through my eyes; especially when I remember LOMing drone INT & DEX to pistol, ONE day before the patch) can appear everywhere. What is so special about them is that they can quickly devastate the patience of other runners. There is nothing more pleasant than launching your drone and follow a runner everywhere. As soon as he starts fighting the mobs, join the fight. Carefully position your drone between him and the mob while shooting at the mob. You can heal your drone if you wish, but is of foremost importance that the other runner doesn't get a hit at the mob. Eventually he leaves in disgust. Repeat when you encounter other runners. Show them who chose the right class and who hasn't. One day they will all kill off their characters and become droners themselves. Take my word for it.

-) Strength
See Intra-personal Strength

-) Constitution
If you ever encounter runners telling you: "Stop. This is an exploit. Leave the Guard alone. I'll tell the GMs" just ignore them. You have more important duties to attend, like recovering your belt. It's not your fault that the guards try to prevent you. If they were as brave as you, they would have taken on the guards themselves.

-) PSI
Now, I left the best for the end. Do you think you have balls? Do you think you have what it takes to be the Most Appreciated Necoron Citizen (or should I say Most Wanted?) Everybody will drink on your name and remember you for the months / years to come. What you need to do is to listen carefully to conversations on the Trade channel. Everytime somebody needs some service, write his name name down. Then, as soon as somebody offers his relevant service, quickly DM the former and let him know that the latter scammed you. Of course experience will teach you to request at the end of each warning to maintain some degree of anonymity to avoid misunderstanding. One other way is to follow runners to their appartments and wait. Write down the names of those coming out or getting in. If the names are similar then make pairs. Then, follow the one with higher rank in after a good 30-40 secs and then pick everything up form the floor. If being caught red handed, simply blame it on a synch-bug, as most players are convinced that for every act of evil, KK is naturally at fault. repeat with other pairs you might have made.

DISCLAIMER: ArgieD has never carried out any of the above with the exception of the Jailhouse Drone thingy.

Thank you for reading through
Argie

SorkZmok
05-01-05, 19:11
Love it.

Obsidian X
05-01-05, 19:20
Hahaha thats some quality stuff! So true as well!

NiMBle
05-01-05, 19:34
Well dude, your not very good at 'surviving', are you?..

XenivouS
05-01-05, 19:48
This is by far the best post ive ever seen on the NC forums this should be stickied! :lol:

Cruzbroker
05-01-05, 19:58
Yeah, And delete the other replys and lock it. So everyone could have a good laugh without useless comments.. :angel:

Toilet-Duck
05-01-05, 20:02
Nice Guide :)

NeoDriver
05-01-05, 20:40
Inter-personal Skills:

-) Intelligence
Tradeskillers. What an uber-class of Neocron Civilians. I feel sorry for all the others. In fact, every runner who respects him self should try to make the rest look like idiots whenever he gets the chance. From a Repairer that never returns valuable items to the Researcher who claims that some of the E rares got destroyed in the process. My favourite, the Constructor. I strongly believe that you reach maturity at the moment that you construct a 5-slotted CS and you only return the rest to your victim. Your real power kicks off when he notices. This is the moment when you politely thank him for his time and simply GR away:) Clever, huh?

you forgot that you should ask what weapon you will be construcing and then take a 0 slot with you. after that if you build a 5 slotted one give them a 0 slot one and appologise. then walk away with your nice steaming hot 5 slot CS =D

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 20:48
main survival tips...

1. LE

2. dont piss off someone that people are calling an ally killer on the forums / trade

ArgieD
05-01-05, 21:26

But this is exactly what I meant by saying

It's based on experience gained by playing the game as a Pro-City Runner

Thanx for the pic. It happened when I felt being kind enough leaving the CA HQ to CST something for somebody I didn't now...

PS Are you the hacker who got my belt's contents by the way? ;)

Spermy
05-01-05, 22:47

On the other hand, You make a great Cockbiter - Every post from you is an insult. And to kill a tradeskiller - that runner must have had mad skillz man!

Anyhow - Args - ***** Top dollar.

Menome
05-01-05, 22:55
-) Intelligence
You are the dude. The man. The clever guy. All the rest are just morons who actually want to be ridiculed by you. The more you SPAM the Trade Channels with comments like: "ALL YOU IDIOTS YOU SUCK", the more they appreciate your uber mentality. You PWN their communication channels so you are powerful; and they know it! Just remember to ignore certain killjoys who don't know what fun means.

Its almost like he knows me personally, except I use the OOC, and just spam normally, not insulting people. I've really got to start spamming again, I've been a bit lax this week.:)

Conduit
05-01-05, 23:52
Great post. A real classic in fact.
5 stars.

It's such a nice post that I even resisted the temptation to flame the obvious 'tard in this thread in an effort to try and keep it pleasant.

Well done :)

ArgieD
06-01-05, 00:28
Thank you for your encouraging feedback chaps. Didn't do it to get any compliments though ; I was just merely taking it off my chest.

Tomorrow: Forum Survival Guide
Honestly, I DO have a lot more issues on this subject rather than in-game :(

Crodus_Kanahn
06-01-05, 04:42
funny stuff man/reality spoken/ but funny as hell.

jini
06-01-05, 08:54
Even though I agree with whatever you criticize/describe in this post, we all have to understand that there are some people that (mostly driven from greed) dont want to understand it or they can't understand it. These too, have the right to play as well in the manner you just described. I feel sorry for them that they do not share, because this also is how they do act in their personal lifes, but they don't break any rule.
I wish everyone was following my own style but then, it would have been really monotonous wouldn't it?
Killing a tradeskiller is however stupid.

darknessfairy
06-01-05, 13:55
all i have to say is ... lolz0rs!

my good how true that is... and so funneh

well done mate

Nikabolokov
06-01-05, 14:02
Very Nice :)

edited....

I refuse to let the trolls get the better of me.

Tidus_Origin
06-01-05, 14:19
one word for this - lmao. :lol: (and its true too)

***** and my name down for the sticky petition. :D

Bugs Gunny
06-01-05, 14:54
I don't know what got into Argie the last few days, but someone should bundle his posts and include them in the English boxed version :-)

Marvelous reading and oh so true.

sanityislost
06-01-05, 15:57
LOL very nice work mate, vewwy chilled!

SiL ..:..

Purple
06-01-05, 16:05
argie you amaze me more and more everyday your posts getting better and better

lol hey come on clan chat now and then plzzz we miss u

luv

purps

Xeron Brigs
21-01-05, 05:09
This has got to be the best Neocron Survival Guide I have ever read. The apartment thing is also very true. You can get a whole lot of items by doing that, not that I have mind you. ;)