PDA

View Full Version : Coffee and Smokes!!

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 13:43
Omg, so totally unfair. Just been told I have to cut down my coffee to 5 cups a day! Like thats about 25% of my current intake, I'm not going to be able to cope!! :(

And to top it off, I have to cut down smoking by 50% :o Yes, I know I shouldnt smoke, but meh, I had a bad year last year :p I wouldnt mind, but my new years resolution was "drink more coffee and smoke more!" so meh hehehe.

Anyone else that gotta cut down on things they enjoy?

SynC_187
05-01-05, 13:51
I don't "have" to cut down my smoking, but I do need to. Costing me too much smoking 20 a day, plus I've decided living to see retirement won't be too bad.

Capt. Rik
05-01-05, 13:52
I'm trying to cut down on something i hate... i currently travel 2h45m each way to work. It sucks :(

I should cut down on beer but i graduated last summer so that has already happened

Spermy
05-01-05, 14:38
I dunno if you noticed, but I haven't been much of a twat recently...

:lol:

Capt. Rik
05-01-05, 14:48
I dunno if you noticed, but I haven't been much of a twat recently...

:lol:

onoz someones stolen Spermy's forum account :eek:

j/k :D

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 14:51
I been chain smokin recently, going thru 50g (1oz) a day, thats twice my usual, i'm slowly killing myself, which isnt good! fast is the way to go :D

Spermy
05-01-05, 14:58
I been chain smokin recently, going thru 50g (1oz) a day, thats twice my usual, i'm slowly killing myself, which isnt good! fast is the way to go :D

*Shoves a 20 pack down his throat*

Have at it, at least you'll die in flavour country! :p j/k!

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 15:01
omg no, i'm a rollie man, straights just dont cut it for me anymore, have to admit i started smokin when i was like 13 or something, so thats a hell of a long time ago :(

steweygrrr
05-01-05, 15:11
onoz someones stolen Spermy's forum account :eek:

j/k :D

Yes it was me O_o

j/k.....

Actually he just got his money and can go back to being an alcoholic smoke fiend.

He just better share o_O :D

Spermy
05-01-05, 15:57
Yes it was me O_o

j/k.....

Actually he just got his money and can go back to being an alcoholic smoke fiend.

He just better share o_O :D

Not for you penisbreath. :p

steweygrrr
05-01-05, 16:05
Xeno....spermy's Being Meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Bugs Gunny
05-01-05, 16:56
I've gone from 1.5 packs a day to nothing, all cold turkey baby.
Been going strong since new year 0:00 am.

So far i've only barked at two people close to me, so i think it's going quite well :-)

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 17:04
I managed to quit a few times last year, but then they let me out of hospital so i started again :angel:

steweygrrr
05-01-05, 17:05
I managed to quit a few times last year, but then they let me out of hospital so i started again :angel:

You're bad Lexxeh

Lexx for smoking quitting prez!

Mr Kot
05-01-05, 17:23

That sounds like you're in a routine. If you could smoke at home, but not in hospital, u would get home and just do what u normally did without thinking.

I stopped smoking around Xmas 2000. Whenever i was in a situation where i used to smoke, like over a pint in a pub or walking thru town, i fancied a smoke.

The best way i found to quit was just never to buy any more cigarettes. If ur in a pub over a pint with your cancer sticks and lighter in your pocket, ur bound to light up. If u dont have a light, or anything to smoke, theres nothing you can do.

Tbh, i was getting pissed of with all the routine involved in smoking: the endless queues at the tobacco kiosk in the supermarket, the frustration of driving to the end of your street then realising you've forgotten your lighter, the constant paranoia that you're not allowed to smoke in the place where you're about to light up. In other words, smoking almost became a chore.

I wasn't really addicted to the nicotine, i smoked more as a social pasttime. When i bought my last packet in december 2000, i told myself it would be my last. I never enjoyed a cigarette so much as my very last one. After that, i would walk past the huge tobacco queue in tesco and be relieved i wasn't part of all that shite anymore. Like i say, if the desire for a smoke came over me, i had none. Nor a lighter. You don't miss what you can't have.

Since that day, i haven't touched a cigarette. None of this nicotine patch bullshit, just pure willpower. Next time u walk near a tobacco kiosk, just say, "I really can't be arsed with this shit" and walk away. It's not hard.

eLcHi
05-01-05, 17:33
The problem is not to quit smoking, the problem is not starting it again ...

Think about it ... everytime you put out a cig you stopped smoking ...

Now you just don`t have to start again. (Yeah, as if it`s that simple :rolleyes: )

Itīs all about distraction ... remove all ashtrays, cigarettes, lighters ... everything reminding you of smoking ... thats the first step.

Problem is ... sooner or later you will think about smoking ... and suddenly you want a smoke ... why ? just because you thought about smoking, so best would be to put your mind on something else instead ... i know it`s hard but it`s doable.

The physical addiction is gone after 3-5 days after that it`s only in your mind.

So everytime you think about a smoke think about something completely different ... just put your mind on something else ...

Mr Kot
05-01-05, 18:31
Well said, Elchi.

Finding these other things to occupy your mind is the secret. Bite your fingernails instead. Chew pens if u really have to. Chew gum, whatever.

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 18:35
Meh, I just have a cigge when I feel like a smoke :o I know I'll eventually quit, I've just had a really really bad year last year, what with the ops and lots of other stuff, and omg xmas was totally screwed up :lol: :lol:

I mean I know I'm smoking too much, everyone knows I'm smoking too much they keep telling me so, so I decided today to cut down in half my smoking, the nurse gave me a list of things *to do* cut down on coffee to 5 cups (and 500 decaff) drink like 8 glasses of water, walk for 30 mins a day and so I said "add cut smokin in half" coz i'm nice like that :D

Mr Kot
05-01-05, 18:50
I know I'll eventually quit, I've just had a really really bad year last year, what with the ops and lots of other stuff, and omg xmas was totally screwed up

So why did that make you want to smoke, of all things?

When u have a bad day, go for a walk. Drink a nice bottle of wine. Look at some nice totty in the street and think impure thoughts.

All these things give your brain that pleasurable "high". Just as the nicotine rush used to. Come to think of it, isn't chocolate supposed to contain the same chemical that gives you a similar high?

That gives me an idea: go suck on a chocolate matchmaker, holding it like a cigarette if u have to. Just don't try to light it :p

Obsidian X
05-01-05, 18:58
I'm similar when it comes to smoking ni the sense that I don't need to smoke most of the time. I can go days, weeks without smoking, but the killer one for me is when I'm having a few pints at the pub, or going to a club somewhere. To me, alcohol doesn't feel right without a cigarette in my other hand, especially when all my mates are sitting there, puffing away.

That said, they've said they're quitting, so if they stop, I'll probably stop myself (thats got to be the lamest excuse ever, but I'm sticking with it :p )

Lexxuk
05-01-05, 19:02
So why did that make you want to smoke, of all things?

When u have a bad day, go for a walk. Drink a nice bottle of wine. Look at some nice totty in the street and think impure thoughts.

It is very rare that I touch alcohol, though I did NYE and err didnt get drunk, smoking though, I dunno, I guess its familiar to me after all these years, its easy to reach out and grab a ciggie, though if I gave up I could probably get a nice new CPU or even a new girlfriend! (that isnt evil :p)

Nice totty though... meh thats what got me into trouble in the first place :lol: :lol: :lol:

sanityislost
06-01-05, 01:04
hmmm i hate coffee but i love caffine pills and cigs
Cigs chill me out and the pills can keep me up for days

SiL ..:..

Lexxuk
06-01-05, 01:34
I'm having to drink decaff, I mean, decaff, whats the point? Its like sex with a condom, sure its fun, but its much better with caffine! Err... not that I expect anyone to sleep with caffine :o

Mr Kot
06-01-05, 01:41
doesn't feel right without a cigarette in my other hand, especially when all my mates are sitting there, puffing away.

That said, they've said they're quitting, so if they stop, I'll probably stop myself

Yeah, i'm lucky in that respect. None of my friends smoke. In the days when i used to, i was the odd one out.

You don't have to wait for them to stop before stopping yourself, why don't you start the ball rolling?. If they said they're quitting, you start and drag them along with you.

If you wait for all of them to quit together, you may be waiting a long time.