PDA

View Full Version : Pro City pking

[KoS]Brad
04-01-05, 13:46
I was just leveling at Gravis Caves, I died GRed out and head back to the cave, as soon as I get to the enterance I get pked by a fucking pro city monk. Last night there was also a fight where a CA clan had to fight against about 8 or 9 pro city factions.

WERE MEANT TO BE FUCKING ALLIES.

Why the fuck do you bastards attack CA, were fucking allies.

So the best way to combat this is to punish the PKers, and since they are attacking an allied faction member, they would be classed as traitors, so lets make the traitors and kick them out of their faction, no matter what clan.

One down point to this is the fact it might be an accident, so a way to get around that is the person gets attacked everytime he is in Neocron by all guards until he has died about 5 times.

Everyone time he PKs after that it increases to 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and then finally gets kicked out of his faction and killed by every guard all the time that he comes across. That will stop you stupid fuckers from attacking an allied faction.

Ministry
04-01-05, 14:00
UO had the best idea, after so many kills(outside of clan and in this games case natural enemies)you became perma red, see how the allied pking deal with that

Riddle
04-01-05, 14:24
Waiting for the usual
" It's not against the rules" shit.
" I do it for fun" shit
" I Kill who I want " shit
" You Pk'd my alt blah blah" shit

This allied pk crap is the most annoying thing in the game and yes
WERE MEANT TO BE FUCKING ALLIES. I agree :D

Dam even if you play CS and kill allied after so many you get kicked from server as its not the spirit of the game, it's to dam easy to shoot someone in the back thats why they do it.

Usually no skill , no brains and no sense of gameplay!

Bring on the usual flamage :lol:

Transformer
04-01-05, 14:28
I agree. But half of the allied PKing is due to the fact that they have alts in a different clan or that their helping out a friend. Now if its a massive Pro-city group just simply killing whomever they want...then we have a problem. Plus anti-city needs more people to kill :) .

Weazle
04-01-05, 14:32
*cough* Most of the pro-city ganking has been instigated by CA clans :wtf:

There's also the bullshit mentality/grudges of "you killed my anti-city character now I get my revenge on my pro-city character" :o

I do miss the old Pluto days where there was respect among enemies, levelling spots were levelling spots and alt revenge ganking was almost non-existent. :(

Tidus_Origin
04-01-05, 14:33
It pisses me off when ppl PK allies and give some half-assed excuse like "Its not against the rules" or "I PK allies 'cause I can".

IMO, allied PKing is a way for the people who are either too scared or can't be bothered to raid DoY to get some PvP action. Hell, if DoY characters can be bothered to make the trip down to NC (afaik, allied PKing between DoY factions doesn't exist!? :wtf: ), why can't the allied PKers be bothered to make the trip to DoY??

KK should definitely implement some sort of punishment for allied PKing..its supposed to be a war between NC factions and DoY factions, ffs, not between NC factions and allied PKers while the DoY factions sit back and watch....

Riddle
04-01-05, 14:36
Woot!

No flamage yet :D

....but then the Kids are still at school :lol:

ArgieD
04-01-05, 14:49
Brad, I totally sympathise with you. I have been campaigning against Allied Ganking strongly in the forums, while our terra clan PHAZE campaigns for it in-game.

Unfortunately, it's our human nature that makes us turn so volatile, or stupid. Being CA, I have NEVER attacked a pro-city runner, and everytime I encounter an anti-city runner I type: "Hi!". If there is a massive scuffle against anti-city runners at Pepper 3, I am glad to join, but never attack those who have just GRed in. It is a principle that makes me enjoy my own gameplay a lot more this way.

I never understood what sort of pleasure do some idiots get by PKing allies at Crytons for example. A 55-TL Hacktool or a Stealth II? The only thing they get for sure is negative SL, which -don't get me wrong; it's not fair- can be raised by waiting at their appartments...

If any of this post's reader DO killl their own, then I recommend you join a clan. All of a sudden, a number of activities / opportunities will be open to you. You will spend your time more effectively than Pking to hack a belt full of PSI boosters or Medikits.

If on the other hand you ARE in a clan, then by all means join a better one. A good clan will have members who regularly attack the enemy or a responsible clan leader who ensures that everything is OK. Believe me, there are good clans out there. If you find yourself asking your clannies for help in a raid and nobody joins 4 out of 5 times, then it's perhaps time to go. Once you find the right clan, you will not feel the urge to gank people around at plaza ie.

Now Brad, I have some advice for you:

-) Accept the fact that you will get allied ganked at present. The sooner you do, the less upset you will feel everytime it happens. If it happens in real life it's is extremely possible to happen in-game (peops turning against their own that is).

-) Expect it. Lots of people are bored. As I said before they cannot find the right clan and don't dare to go out there on their own. This can be because they are in people's KOSes (their own fault if they have been twats) or that they need PPUs where they plan to go, but can't find any. People tend to mess others' fun if themselves can't have any. So loneliness is the the worst advisor; they try to attract attention by being asses (which makes it even worse to be accepted)

-) Keep an LEd character who will make all the purchases. Recommened he is a Barter and have most GRs tagged. If you need to buy stuff you send him to do it for you. If your Brad the Man character want's to sell something safely, then drop it at your appartments entrance, log your LEd one, pick it up, and off you go to meet the buyer. Eventually you WILL need somebody to mule the ncl though..

As about the current SL system, personally I think it's not right. I am convinced that the game developers are aware that it's not very effective, but they should be busy resolving other issues right now (please God don't let a RB happen). Therefore, until the SL system changes just be patient and eventually things will change around, fear not ;)

NeoDriver
04-01-05, 14:57
I do miss the old Pluto days where there was respect among enemies, levelling spots were levelling spots and alt revenge ganking was almost non-existent. :(

me too i had a pistol pe CA on pluto and was never ganked my a Ally EVER.

Going back to the idea of kicking them out of the faction. say you killed an allie and you were Pro-City. you would automaticly be chucked into CM. BUT unable to do the epic ( otherwise people would save a lot of money) your faction symp would drop say to -50. but then if you kill a allie whilst in CM you get kicked to TG (this is if you are pro-city) and you get -50 CM symp and you will have the -SL for killing allies. The third time you ill an allie you get kicked out of TG. you are Factionless, Allianceless (so storm bots copbots AND doy bot and guards shoot you ON SIGHT) and you have -50 fs with all factions!!

this would eliminate allied killing.

Exceptions :

This would not apply IF

You were in a warzone
the other player had Red SL
the other player was neutral to you (not to sure about this one)
the other player was an NPC

what do you think?

/e one more thing

each person would have a KOS list which they could put a MAXIMUM of 3 people on. killing people on this list would not activate my system

trigger hurt
04-01-05, 14:59
I was just leveling at Gravis Caves, I died GRed out and head back to the cave, as soon as I get to the enterance I get pked by a fucking pro city monk. Last night there was also a fight where a CA clan had to fight against about 8 or 9 pro city factions.

There were 3 people fighting 2 CA clans. Those 3 people have been known to kill anything that moves...just look at the clan name and you should know that. If it doesn't register and you don't duck out or get yourself ready for a fight, it's your own fault. Those guys raid cycrow just as much as they kill pro-nc.

I do not understand why everyone still thinks that because we live in the same city that we are all supposed to be lovey dovey. Inside the cities people are bound to not like each other. If you want to know exactly why they did it, it's because they are quite territorial and those people were in the spot they chose to level in that night.

Get off of your high horses and accept it. Some people do not play this game the way you do. They will not bow down to you and play it how you want them to.

SorkZmok
04-01-05, 15:08
SOUL LIGHT SYSTEM REWORK WEEKS

How bout that?

There needs to be an option to kick people out of factions, even out of the whole NC.
And missions need to be bound to the one character taking it. No more gaining SL back in a safezone with research missions done by another character.
That and some other things.

Xadhoom
04-01-05, 15:14
If theres somebody in my faction who pisses me off then I want to be able to attack/hurt/kill him. I dont give a shit if somebody else comes around who has no idea whats up and says something stupid like "OMFG LOL EVIL PKZORS BAN BAN".

KK cant decide who my friends and enemies are.

Vanten
04-01-05, 15:20
i don't have to much problem with the current system, but it lacks in one sence.

WHY doesn't clanned members get kicked out of faction when they have to low FS?, that would imo solve alot of ally-PKwannabies.

edit: by that i mean kicked out of faction, and thus not able to be in the clan, also being kicked there aswell.

zii
04-01-05, 15:33
Speaking as a Dome of York supporter who dislikes most pro-city scum (from a political standpoint), the more you pro-city bods fight between yourselves the easier it is for us to reclaim our city and kick Reeza's henchmen out.

As far as I can see, the only reason you're getting killed by your own is that they are making a clear statement of "we support the Dome and its allies". The more CA kill CA the easier it is for them to change to a anti-city faction, which further supports our cause.

Now then, back on topic... ;P

As noted above, if your faction symp., gets too low you should be kicked out of your faction. Perhaps you are; I've never tried it?

Vanten
04-01-05, 15:40
As noted above, if your faction symp., gets too low you should be kicked out of your faction. Perhaps you are; I've never tried it?

You are only kicked out of faction IF you are unclaned. Beeing claned and having -100 with your faction doesn't change a thing. Witch is wrong imo.

Original monk
04-01-05, 15:44
If theres somebody in my faction who pisses me off then I want to be able to attack/hurt/kill him. I dont give a shit if somebody else comes around who has no idea whats up and says something stupid like "OMFG LOL EVIL PKZORS BAN BAN".

KK cant decide who my friends and enemies are.

hehe i was thinking the exact same thing, if i get killed by whoever who and i wonna take some sweet revenge then it doesnt matter nomore wich faction, soullight, colour of underwear or whatever my char has, the guy yust gonna be dead nomather what lol :)

note to all the random "alliePKers fo fun" : dont be lazy and go find yourself a real enemy ... people like to get some quick action (like in the old day at the entrance of PP) ... now that most opportunity's for some quick action are gone .. (or ya gotta genrep in hostile area lookin for enemy's) ... people choose the easy way out and gank some factionmembers ...

by quick action i mean a place where ya can be 100% sure that there always is atleast someone for you to pick a nice fight with ...

a place where allied and hostile factions meet at the border :)

why alliePKing ? because they can ... and because its hard to find a quickfight lately ... thats why my face coloured horror when i saw PP a few days ago ... i was like OMG what happend here ? full of carebearguards and hardly anyone around to gank 8|

1 good thing i noticed is that they removed the guard and copbots out of the corner when ya enter PP1 from PL3 :)

Miss Naughty
04-01-05, 16:08
The community has got very bored and cynical in the last 6+ months. What we need is some decent regular events to keep the community better focused and in the spirit of Neocron. Half the people these days treat the game as some kind of large scale counter-strike. Whats the point of all the back story, interesting locations and unique character development if everyone sees it just as a test of their uber peekay skillz.

Role playing isn't for everyone I know, if you want to be a complete bastard and kill your own kind at least try and role play it a little (and stop fixing your soul light with ready made research missions). Hey, even give noobs a warning and time to run away.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed the amount of people with LEs these days. It seems like everyone has just got fed up with the lack of respect for leveling areas and popular tradeskill areas. Go to the chaos caves at crp and you'll see whole teams of le people - does that tell you something about how bad its got?

Bugs Gunny
04-01-05, 16:19
The only way it will stop is if the people that get upset by it do a joint effort and information sharing to stop them.
Right now, people don't even bother when the allied pkers gank someone in plaza.

I'm not even going to try getting a joint effort going, i'll just keep on adding alt names to the list and if anyone wants it, mail me ingame.
It's up to you what you want to do with it.

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 16:23
Have to agree, I was one of the CA, informed by my clan that some allied pkers had killed some in swamp caves.

We meet at gravis, kill the pkers..

10 minutes later they appear in gravis on other alts, so we let them go, 5 minute s later all hell breaks loose.

Original monk
04-01-05, 16:25
the ammount of LE'ers amazed me

(so they where listening afterall when Vetterox was calling that they should keep there fucking LE in :p )

nah for real, one of the first places i dropped by when i got back online was the MB bunker ... 10 people there, not 1 witouth LE ..

nuff said indeed

virgil caine
04-01-05, 16:37
My various alts have died 5 times in the last 2 days from allied runners. All that I know of that I did wrong was simply walk by them. Yes, I agree that it has gone too far. I see nothing that can be done because anyone can claim any reason they want to for the ganking and how do you disprove it... I was ganked by so and so who says no you were the ganker, what do you do put us both on the KOS list.

The only thing I see that might help is to give the guards and copbots damage like they used to have in NC1 and make it a real problem to have red SL again like even minus 1 SL and you are in a world of hurt, needing a ppu just to get to your apt. to hide. Maybe being red should also make your apt. lock open to all so you have no place to hide from bounty hunters. That way the gankers could all play together and leave the people that are wanting to play fair alone.

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 16:42
That is an excellent idea man ( the lock being disabled on being red sl ).

Latent Entropy
04-01-05, 16:44
The only people who win by putting there LE's back in are the PKers imo.

WoW had a very good anti allied PK system, where you need promission to attack a fellow allied runner.

Only problem i see with this is that CM isnt appart of any alliance, (but are leaning more towards the Pro City), but there Mercs anyway.
CM can attack anyone, but also anyone can attack them in return.

Another thing i hate about the SL system, is that when YOU GET ATTACKED FIRST, and if you end up killing the attacker, WhyTF should i take the SL hit, if i was just DEFENDING myself ????

zii
04-01-05, 16:49
> WoW had a very good anti allied PK system, where you need promission to attack a fellow allied runner.

This is not a good system. NC represents danger, and asking someone if you can attack them isn't danger. This game isn't a gentlemenly exchange of words!

Bugs Gunny
04-01-05, 16:53
I realy realy love the idea of all guards shooting red sl, including faction guards. And combine that with all your appartement doors being open to anyone.... no more way to quickraise the SL by running bp missions, and no more waiting it off in the appartement.

Perfect and simple to do sollution i think.

virgil caine
04-01-05, 16:58
Adjust the SL system so that you get 1 freebie if you have decently high SL say above 70. I'm not sure but you don't go red from 1 allied kill anyway do you?

I just feel that once the pkers go red and can be hunted with no safe place to hide, the problem will settle itself because the red runners will die at the bounty hunters hands and lose all their goods. Most would not be such evil pkers if all they got is a crappy store bought weapon and no DS, SA, ect. They will be the whiners they were before they got their uber goods and decided that taking supposed friendlies by surprise and killing them is fun.
In the first place they don't have a hair on their butts if they don't warn you first ie " I am an evil pker and I'm going to kill you", so that you are prepared, PVP is what they claim they want, not murder.

Vanten
04-01-05, 16:59
I realy realy love the idea of all guards shooting red sl, including faction guards. And combine that with all your appartement doors being open to anyone.... no more way to quickraise the SL by running bp missions, and no more waiting it off in the appartement.

Perfect and simple to do sollution i think.

dude, that's to harsh. imo tyou should just be kicked out of faction when you have killed to many allys (low FS). Even when they're claned.

Latent Entropy
04-01-05, 17:00
> WoW had a very good anti allied PK system, where you need promission to attack a fellow allied runner.

This is not a good system. NC represents danger, and asking someone if you can attack them isn't danger. This game isn't a gentlemenly exchange of words!
This isnt for a Anti-City to attack a Pro-City runner, this is for a Pro-City to attack another Pro-City runner. And why should there be danger from ur own alliance, Your on the same side fighting for the same reason.

zii
04-01-05, 17:07
This isnt for a Anti-City to attack a Pro-City runner, this is for a Pro-City to attack another Pro-City runner. And why should there be danger from ur own alliance, Your on the same side fighting for the same reason.

No, although you have the same allience, it doesn't mean that you would agree on the same ideas. To give an example, the Nepalese monachy were all on the same side but it didn't stop one of their own slaughtering them one day. He didn't ask for their permission aforehand, nor did the Nepalese Marxist based rebels ask permission when they started arming the peasents, and they claim to be on the same side as the Nepalese and many would disagree with this, so I disagree.

[Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
I realy realy love the idea of all guards shooting red sl, including faction guards. And combine that with all your appartement doors being open to anyone.... no more way to quickraise the SL by running bp missions, and no more waiting it off in the appartement.]

This sounds great except for the apartment doors being open. Having Red SL should be really bad, however it should be hard to get. Meantioned afore, if your SL is very high then it should't drop so quickly after a kill. You shjould be rewarded for having a very high SL. Otherwise whats the point.

(Soul Light Theme Week, please?)

NiMBle
04-01-05, 18:06
Another whining thread about allied PKers.

I am an 'allied pker' I PK whoever I feel like, level /2 or /70, makes no difference to me. I do it because for me, its fun - and no this isnt a reflection on the size of my penis ffs. It's a game, I play games for the freedom I have, e.g killing anyone I like, I can't exactly do that in RL now can I?

I've heard so many whiners saying "You just gank allies because your shit and have no skill." I duel, I'm told I have skill - so tbh I couldn't give a monkeys toss what people say or think.

Whiners make me want to ally PK even more, I'm happy to keep peace while I'm clanned etc, but I dont let people walk all over me. e.g Cartel in the old days "Leave CRP Now or We'll kill you, CRP Belongs to us.".... like what the fuck? I'll go where I want, level where I want to. If you've Watched Men In Black, you remember theres a dead dude in the Morgue? then they twist his ears or summut and his head flips open to reveal some little 2 inch alien, it reminds me of the tossers in Neocron, "I'm so frickin uber and no one will fuck with me." they do shit to piss people off probably because they get walked all over in RL, it's because of people like that, that makes me want to just random PK.

Another thing, everytime I raid MB or such, and I die against an APU, Spy, HC Tank and PPU, but still last about 20 minutes, they still have the nerve to DM me saying I suck and I should go and get skills?... It's a game, I had fun, I'm sure they had fun, so theres no need to be DMing me with this b.s

Dont be an arse.

The whine about whiners,
MF.

Xadhoom
04-01-05, 18:08
No, although you have the same allience, it doesn't mean that you would agree on the same ideas.

so true.

Ministry
04-01-05, 18:20
Another whining thread about allied PKers.

I am an 'allied pker' I PK whoever I feel like, level /2 or /70, makes no difference to me. I do it because for me, its fun - and no this isnt a reflection on the size of my penis ffs. It's a game, I play games for the freedom I have, e.g killing anyone I like, I can't exactly do that in RL now can I?

I've heard so many whiners saying "You just gank allies because your shit and have no skill." I duel, I'm told I have skill - so tbh I couldn't give a monkeys toss what people say or think.

Whiners make me want to ally PK even more, I'm happy to keep peace while I'm clanned etc, but I dont let people walk all over me. e.g Cartel in the old days "Leave CRP Now or We'll kill you, CRP Belongs to us.".... like what the fuck? I'll go where I want, level where I want to. If you've Watched Men In Black, you remember theres a dead dude in the Morgue? then they twist his ears or summut and his head flips open to reveal some little 2 inch alien, it reminds me of the tossers in Neocron, "I'm so frickin uber and no one will fuck with me." they do shit to piss people off probably because they get walked all over in RL, it's because of people like that, that makes me want to just random PK.

Another thing, everytime I raid MB or such, and I die against an APU, Spy, HC Tank and PPU, but still last about 20 minutes, they still have the nerve to DM me saying I suck and I should go and get skills?... It's a game, I had fun, I'm sure they had fun, so theres no need to be DMing me with this b.s

Dont be an arse.

The whine about whiners,
MF.why not kill enemies instead of allies?

and would you go killing people and go red if you didnt have the quick missions to get rid of it

NiMBle
04-01-05, 18:25
I kill enemies too, I kill everyone.

I dont do missions, I either PK in warzones, or I am careful and let my SL Rise on its own before I kill another.

virgil caine
04-01-05, 18:35
Ok, before anyone starts laughing, I realize this is just a game. It does, however, parallel real life to some extent.

The present situation on Terra is akin to people walking into McDonalds and killing all the customers or someone killing me because we disagree. Neither behavior is tolerated by the authorities or the populace.

I agree with the premise that removing your LE is consent to PVP but not to murder and murder is what the behavior in question amounts to. The penalty for allied ganking should be execution by the authorities and should be carried out by powerful copbots and guards. It is an easy fix to a serious problem, guards and copbots should be set to attack reds with deadly force.

May not fix everything but it couldn't hurt the situation as it stands now.

NiMBle
04-01-05, 18:37
Hardly makes a difference to me as I dont PK in DoY or NC.

Menome
04-01-05, 18:40
But you wouldn't be able to go into NC or DOY if you need to under that system.

Maybe TH and MB should be included in the measure?

Tostino
04-01-05, 18:45
The only people who win by putting there LE's back in are the PKers imo.

WoW had a very good anti allied PK system, where you need promission to attack a fellow allied runner.

Only problem i see with this is that CM isnt appart of any alliance, (but are leaning more towards the Pro City), but there Mercs anyway.
CM can attack anyone, but also anyone can attack them in return.

Another thing i hate about the SL system, is that when YOU GET ATTACKED FIRST, and if you end up killing the attacker, WhyTF should i take the SL hit, if i was just DEFENDING myself ????
I lost 100 SL yesterday because of that.
And @ thread starter I was at gravis yesterday and i see anti city ppl that are standing around so i atack them and then your clans atacked me. So dont say shit about others allyed pking dumb ass.

Menome
04-01-05, 18:51
You know, I wouldnt mind allied PKing if it was more Honourable.

You know, "I challenge you to a duel fair sir."

But not quite as poncy sounding. At least you'd have a few seconds to get your gun out. I wouldn't mind dying repeatedly if I had a chance to defend myself.

Miss Naughty
04-01-05, 19:09
Thats how i feel about it Menome. I don't see what anyone can gain from ganking a poor noob or shooting someone in the back while they are leveling in the chaos caves.

I'm just glad that some of the nasty tricks a small group used to get up to on Pluto isn't making a come back. They'd come into a leveling cave, team up and then kill everyone to loot their belts. People like that should have perma red sl so everyone knows.

Darkener
04-01-05, 19:18
Well we really gotta stop the "i kill everyone attitude" Cause news flash people who claim this dont. They are just lazy unskilled bums who decide instead of working to have a good fight ill just go pk the unsuspecting researcher on the corner. Which eventually leads to a big fight in plaza, zonewhoring to the extreme. This lasts a while till everyones bored then theres and uneasy calm over the city till everyone gets bored again and off we go again.

FF raided PP yesterday and ome to pp there was a group of people knocking the shit out of each other, dont even bother trying to ask for help you aint going to get :(

The solution i think lies in those against it making a stand against it and make life unliveable for anyone who engages in these actions. There are always a few known names and a few unknowns even so being kos anytime they are seen in the city zone my sort some of them out, as for sl issues well they have bad sl anyway. You may say but they might be hard to kill, not really most of them are shit anyway. Also the attitude of "we have been trying to kill them already" may come into play but hey you havent been trying to do it with each others help.

Unite to kill the pkars of the city then we can get down to some op fighting.

NiMBle
04-01-05, 19:19
You know, I wouldnt mind allied PKing if it was more Honourable.

You know, "I challenge you to a duel fair sir."

But not quite as poncy sounding. At least you'd have a few seconds to get your gun out. I wouldn't mind dying repeatedly if I had a chance to defend myself.

There is an underlying difference between PKing and PvPing - If you don't know that then you should go and play runescape.

I dont always "gank" or shoot people in the back, I attack people when I see them, they fight back. WTF Do you think I'm gunna do? "Hey, you! I'm about to PK you so please take your weapon out, buff up and get ready." erm... how about STFU.

Tostino, you did the right thing by attacking the reds. I didn't use to kos everyone, and when I saw Reds hanging around with greens, and they say "no, dont hes a clan friend" fuck off hes red, red=dead and if you dont like it you can die aswell.

So, unless KK let factionless players choose their allies/neutrals/enemies, I will KoS everyone, everywhere, whether it be a "gank", whether it be in the back, or whether they say "Hi", I'm having fun, I pay monthly to have fun, dont try and tell me how to play the game.

NiMBle
04-01-05, 19:28
Well we really gotta stop the "i kill everyone attitude" Cause news flash people who claim this dont. They are just lazy unskilled bums who decide instead of working to have a good fight ill just go pk the unsuspecting researcher on the corner. Which eventually leads to a big fight in plaza, zonewhoring to the extreme. This lasts a while till everyones bored then theres and uneasy calm over the city till everyone gets bored again and off we go again.

FF raided PP yesterday and ome to pp there was a group of people knocking the shit out of each other, dont even bother trying to ask for help you aint going to get :(

The solution i think lies in those against it making a stand against it and make life unliveable for anyone who engages in these actions. There are always a few known names and a few unknowns even so being kos anytime they are seen in the city zone my sort some of them out, as for sl issues well they have bad sl anyway. You may say but they might be hard to kill, not really most of them are shit anyway. Also the attitude of "we have been trying to kill them already" may come into play but hey you havent been trying to do it with each others help.

Unite to kill the pkars of the city then we can get down to some op fighting.

*sorry for double posting*

I am not a "lazy unskilled bum", ffs I'm having fun, whether I have skills or not. How can you call someone lazy in a game? You sit at a fucking computer and spend dozens of hours leveling a fictual character when you could be out making cash to fund your super-soldier plan to take over the world, or your anal-probing space ship.

and as for all this "you ganked me haha, fucking little kids, school must of gotten off early" b.s - anyone who says shit like that needs to wake up. Games - from frickin micro-machines to the olympics. I'm 14 y/o, I'm playing a game that I personally dish out for and if you seriously think that "kids" shouldn't be playing neocron (though i've met dozens of sons of players who are only about 9 yrs old and still enjoy the game, even if they're parents dont let them go to pepper park :lol: ) then maybe you should reconsider playing games at all, or maybe just the odd game of chess at your local OAP Club.

Kopaka
04-01-05, 19:31
u know how funny it is to make a noobie and attack some1 :D
either he runs.. or gets killed by the noob.. or loses SL..
gr.. attack again until dude has red sl, then hack belt :p
how else do u get stuff?
i mean drop rate is fucked up

btw whoever the spy was.. thnx for ya healing light :lol:

Menome
04-01-05, 19:42
I pay monthly to have fun, dont try and tell me how to play the game.
Heck, I'm not saying you should stop having fun, but remember OTHER people are paying for this game as well, and are trying to have fun AS WELL.

Its just that the two ideas of fun are conflicting, and the the majority of people playing Neocron DON'T enjoy it.

Also, I'm 17, so dont give me the OAP crap. :lol:

P.S Runescape? Please, dear god NO!!!

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 19:48
The fight at Gravis was good fun, I've no problem with certain clans pking friendly factions as such. Its good to know where I stand with these people.

We were all a similar level, we had more, admitedly, in the end but it was a good fight, I died once or twice , but hey who doesn't.

NiMBle
04-01-05, 19:48
If they dont like being PK'd there are solutions:

Keep your LE in.

Dont run round PepperPark, or wastelands without being combat ready.

Level your char then just opwar.

The majority of the people I PK are in Pepper Park, CRP, and Soliko.

now, pepper park, your either buying nib buffs or looking to PK - either way Pepper Park is a >>Red Light District<<, it says it all.

CRP, your either leveling or PKing, I don't usually PK in cave, and always a large team with PPU so when they are outside the cave it is hard, and not many people hunt firemobs there either, they go to gaia.

and... Soliko. Usually MC5ing or some Lone-PPU off to MC5 to try and spoil peoples runs. MC5 is an active place, usually always people there - your an idiot if your not ready to fight if you have to.

Menome
04-01-05, 19:58
Well, the areas you hang around in are pretty obvious choices for Pvp/PK, so I dont feel as much of a grudge towards you now.

What I have a problem with is those who will camp outside supposed 'safe-ish zones, like TH or MB, both of which are primarily levelling areas, and will repeat-a-kill people, for no reason, just boredom or arrogance.

Heck, they don't even loot your quickbelt, they just make sure you drop everything you own trying to get your quickbelts back a few minutes later.

SypH
04-01-05, 19:58
I think a big part of it is boredom. The op war scene is pretty crappy at the minute, and there is pretty much bugger all else to do once you have capped, so what better way to alleviate the boredom by starting a fight with the first person you see?

40$Poser
04-01-05, 20:00
too bad Anarchy Breed will never be a playable faction eh?

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 20:14
At least not on KK servers :(

If Pandore had a half decent pop % thats where I'd be. Its hard to get in, but it is possible.

Comie
04-01-05, 20:17
too bad Anarchy Breed will never be a playable faction eh?

and we have a winner... AB = KoS to everyone, even themselves (no clans) ... that should be the faction yu get kicked to when yur faction/SL drops too low...
cos lets think about it, i would guess the director of Biotech would kick any runner to the curb if they were fucking up his relations with CA, for example, by terriorising CA runners...
and reeza being the dictator he is (i NEVER SAID THAT ok?!?! *looks shiftily* love yu reeza) wouldnt stand for for it either, clan or no,
yur SL/faction gets too low and its AB for yu, and 1 mill to get back into yur faction (plus +50 FS and soul light etc)

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 20:20
Nice Idea!!!

Im sure a lot of people wouldn't kick up as much fuss, if they actual guys who did all the evil shit were AB.

Latent Entropy
04-01-05, 20:23
I dont think AB are enemy to everyone, cos i know TG and FA are green to them :wtf: aswell as some other factions.

However I am liking this idea very much.

Darkener
04-01-05, 20:24
*sorry for double posting*

I am not a "lazy unskilled bum", ffs I'm having fun, whether I have skills or not. How can you call someone lazy in a game? You sit at a fucking computer and spend dozens of hours leveling a fictual character when you could be out making cash to fund your super-soldier plan to take over the world, or your anal-probing space ship.

and as for all this "you ganked me haha, fucking little kids, school must of gotten off early" b.s - anyone who says shit like that needs to wake up. Games - from frickin micro-machines to the olympics. I'm 14 y/o, I'm playing a game that I personally dish out for and if you seriously think that "kids" shouldn't be playing neocron (though i've met dozens of sons of players who are only about 9 yrs old and still enjoy the game, even if they're parents dont let them go to pepper park :lol: ) then maybe you should reconsider playing games at all, or maybe just the odd game of chess at your local OAP Club.

I bet you are the standard unskilled bum, how many researchers you killed latly. You get off on the "fight all" attitude beat anything over /30 latly. I dont level all day either far from it.

I spend my time between MB crp and other known doy hang outs. Occasionally fight in the odd raid on nc if i hear about it. Just dont go about calling me an OAP because of your lack of skill. Id rather fight an army of doy the way the game is played than have to fight the nibs in neocron city.

Why should someone have to keep there LE in if they wanna fight for the city or because some asshole like you dont have the balls to fight the real enemy.

OH and syph and to any who say the opwar scene is bad. Why not do something about it doy are crying out for something decent to fight. If you cant beat them alone as a clan ally. Do something NC city is the bigger side but are to busy knocking the living crap out of each other to do anything about it.

NiMBle
04-01-05, 21:39
I bet you are the standard unskilled bum, how many researchers you killed latly. You get off on the "fight all" attitude beat anything over /30 latly. I dont level all day either far from it.

I spend my time between MB crp and other known doy hang outs. Occasionally fight in the odd raid on nc if i hear about it. Just dont go about calling me an OAP because of your lack of skill. Id rather fight an army of doy the way the game is played than have to fight the nibs in neocron city.

Why should someone have to keep there LE in if they wanna fight for the city or because some asshole like you dont have the balls to fight the real enemy.

OH and syph and to any who say the opwar scene is bad. Why not do something about it doy are crying out for something decent to fight. If you cant beat them alone as a clan ally. Do something NC city is the bigger side but are to busy knocking the living crap out of each other to do anything about it.

Thats ironic of you to say that, as ingame in the past few days you yourself has even said I am a good player.

And the OAP Comment was pointed towards the people who believe young players shouldn't be playing at all, if thats so any respect I had for you is now gone.

and yes I have killed an AFK person in the last few days, a certain TG Clan member, because they are KoS, and I am KoS to them. The fact is they would pk me if they found me AFK - simple as that.

E. Cryton
04-01-05, 22:16
i'm an ally pker, i'm such an asshole, right ?
damn, i give a shit about the f6, i dont want the f6 to tell me who my friend is and whos not.
i want to chose my friends, my allies by myself.

Pungent77
04-01-05, 22:56
u know how funny it is to make a noobie and attack some1 :D
gr.. attack again until dude has red sl, then hack belt :p
how else do u get stuff?
i mean drop rate is fucked up

btw whoever the spy was.. thnx for ya healing light :lol:
Yeah Ice.... :lol: I did assist ya or? ;) gimme some love :angel:
They really hated me that day,

Asurmen Spec Op
04-01-05, 23:45
how about if you get -FS with your faction your kicked out and CANT rejoin?
and all other pro cities are auto -13?

Terayon
04-01-05, 23:56
First @ NiMBle when u said play runescape

have you ever played runescape? there is one area where you can fight, but its not honorable or anything. youi will just start attacking someone as fast as you can and get your archer/magic buddies to help you kill him before he escapes. then if he manages to press retreat fast enough get another guy to attack him on the way so he must wait another 5 seconds to retreat. that game has such a retarded pvp system. i played that game for a few months. lost 2 full sets of mith and 2 adam axes along with my gold. so runescape dousent have pvp. it has gank fests. i doubt you have even played that game.

@ Menome where you said people should fight honorable

i fight people fair unless they like to pk noobs. all my chars are on one side and if i ever choose to switch all my chars are coming with me. i say "hey im going to kill you so get rdy" or "wanna duel?" to my enemies for a fair fight. the problem with this is they dont get rdy so much as call for allies on ts. like an example would be i dueld this spy at CRP right by the gr so he could just apear back. i fought this guy down to 10-60hp 6 times (yes i counted) and a ppu came and would just holy heal him once every time. so spy can just gr in again. i cant. its not just a select few people like that ppu, its half the server. Fighting with honor is tough when noone else has any.

@ NiMBle its not that people mind being killed or pked or anything. its having no warning at all that this someone is going to attack them. it puts them off guard to a fight that normaly should be fair. i mean like i see an allie im not sure if i should attack. its realy a gamble for me so i will never know for sure tell im attacked. this is an unfair advantage for allied pkers.

the problem is there isent a real good way to show someone pkes allies all the times becouse of people defending themselfs. maybe if we had the server keep track of who attacked first aswell as how much damage chars do to things. then we could talk about a decent solution, unless the servers track this alrdy.

@ Kopaka

u know how funny it is to make a noobie and attack some1
gr.. attack again until dude has red sl, then hack belt
how else do u get stuff?
i mean drop rate is fucked up you know what i call that? exploiting. course its not up to me.

SorkZmok
05-01-05, 00:00
damn, i give a shit about the f6, i dont want the f6 to tell me who my friend is and whos not.
Go play CS.

Terayon
05-01-05, 00:09
yes. why? becouse you want to kill everyone you want. what about everyone who thinks its retarded having allies killing allies? its not all about you.

btw has anyone tried making a clan as anarchy breed?

Asurmen Spec Op
05-01-05, 00:23
i want to chose my friends, my allies by myself. yes you are an asshole, look it up

BradSTL
05-01-05, 02:51
KK cant decide who my friends and enemies are.Ah, but that's not "you" in there. That's your character. And your character is not an entirely independent actor. Your character is a low level employee of a faction, seldom given direct orders but an employee nonetheless, of one of the dozen corporations that rule the twin megacities.

You're right, those shadowy (unfortunately never seen) bosses can't make you be nice to the people they want you to be nice to. But they have made their orders clear, in the faction alliance system. They've also come to an agreement, obviously, that whatever happens in the warzones around outposts is fair game. Outside of a warzone, if you kill anybody who's green or yellow to you, then you're violating an order from the megacorporation you work for.

What you want is for ignoring or violating that order to have no consequences. Sorry, I just can't buy off on that. If you work for City Administration, and you violate a direct order from Lioon Reza, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd just say, "Oh, well, it was just a suggestion, you do what you want." No, he strikes me as the kind of guy who'd have your balls on a platter, then have your insurance records erased and you taken out and shot, and probably in that order, too.

We see so few NPCs, and so seldom see high-ranking official NPCs, that players like you get the impression that player characters make up the bulk of the population of the game world, and are the only people in the game world who matter. It's not supposed to be true, and the game's rules and the games mechanics need to be brought more into line with that.

wombat74
05-01-05, 03:38
Brad, that is the most rationally worded, best "in-game" post I have ever read on why Allied killing is a bad thing. A+++, well done sir :)

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 09:11
Go play CS.

go play EQ.

Menome
05-01-05, 09:45
@ Menome where you said people should fight honorable
Fighting with honor is tough when noone else has any.

I wholeheartedly agree with you there. Having PPU's attached to you like some sort of growth is starting to make PvP either damn difficult, or not worth the effort.

SorkZmok
05-01-05, 10:19
go play EQ.
:lol:
Never!!

SorkZmok
05-01-05, 10:21
Ah, but that's not "you" in there. That's your character. And your character is not an entirely independent actor. Your character is a low level employee of a faction, seldom given direct orders but an employee nonetheless, of one of the dozen corporations that rule the twin megacities.

You're right, those shadowy (unfortunately never seen) bosses can't make you be nice to the people they want you to be nice to. But they have made their orders clear, in the faction alliance system. They've also come to an agreement, obviously, that whatever happens in the warzones around outposts is fair game. Outside of a warzone, if you kill anybody who's green or yellow to you, then you're violating an order from the megacorporation you work for.

What you want is for ignoring or violating that order to have no consequences. Sorry, I just can't buy off on that. If you work for City Administration, and you violate a direct order from Lioon Reza, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd just say, "Oh, well, it was just a suggestion, you do what you want." No, he strikes me as the kind of guy who'd have your balls on a platter, then have your insurance records erased and you taken out and shot, and probably in that order, too.

We see so few NPCs, and so seldom see high-ranking official NPCs, that players like you get the impression that player characters make up the bulk of the population of the game world, and are the only people in the game world who matter. It's not supposed to be true, and the game's rules and the games mechanics need to be brought more into line with that.

Great post.

Xadhoom
05-01-05, 11:59
Ah, but that's not "you" in there. That's your character. And your character is not an entirely independent actor. Your character is a low level employee of a faction, seldom given direct orders but an employee nonetheless, of one of the dozen corporations that rule the twin megacities.

true.

And I have the order to kill anyone who gets in my way/pisses me off. Reza ordered me to do so.

ArgieD
05-01-05, 13:28
Well, obviously some people got it all wrong here.

To the person who says "It's only a game / I can kill whoever I fancy / if the game allows me to draw my weapon and do so then i don't care" Pking is ok. It is YOUR opinion. But:

-) The fact that you are (cap)able to do something wrong does not justify your action altogether. For instance, if I get a sharp knife from my kitchen and leave the house to cause a killing spree does not mean that it was ok because I was able to do it.

-) The fact that it is your opinion and only whom to kill at any point does not make you independent or cool. You are just taking advantage of the developers reluctance to modify the present SL system. Hopefully, as soon as they sort out the Terra problem, they may start reviewing some of the hot issues. Role playing or not, you are proving some of the game's important features absolutely useless (ie factions, alliances etc). This is bound to change, as KK recognise it is killing off the game.

-_ Ancient Greeks developed Democracy. Though, it was some other ancient Greeks who also said that your rights end where somebody elses start. You are not supposed to curse people because you feel it is your Freedom of Expression. The same goes for physically harming others. In-game, you claim it's your fundamental right to do what you want. You do so, because you feel like doing it; fair enough. You are in the wrong though. people will assume that you are an unsocial 14-year old (allegedly) nobody likes, while you will be doomed to play in multislotted servers, as to hide behind anonymity. Eventually, there will be a day when KK will find the spare time to fix it and then you'll return to Counterstrike or Enemy Territory (where you actually GET kicked if you teamkill ;) )

Therefore, keep killing anybody on sight and do enjoy it by all means. It is your right. Additionally, go and write posts in this forum or even start threads about how pleasant is to Pkill. This is your right too. But under no circumstances try to prove you have a point FFS :cool:

E. Cryton
05-01-05, 13:37
Go play CS.
would not be very smart to "pk" ur allies in cs ... :rolleyes:

yes. why? becouse you want to kill everyone you want. what about everyone who thinks its retarded having allies killing allies? its not all about you.

ya, i kill everyone i dont like.
i dont care about f6, becoz i chose my friends, my allies by myself ...
i act independently if i chose my friends by myself... if u are not independent enuff, use f6 ...

ArgieD
05-01-05, 14:17
i dont care becoz i chose my friends, my allies by myself ...

So you practicaly mess up the game on purpose.

But fear not, as the developers are aware that individuals like your good self are nullifying the importance of the Fations and Aliances, which are distinctive features of this game. Trust me, as soon as they find the time & resources they will have to change it and peops who think like you will have a change of heart or quit the game altogether...

As I said before, you Pkill because you can. Not because it's right or wrong.

E. Cryton
05-01-05, 14:25
allies and f6 are a feature, right.
and i dont use that feature.
take ur blinders off ...

lil advice :
think about the (notworking atm) clan - war FEATURE

Freaky Fryd
05-01-05, 14:27
I don't fire on allies that are green, because I'm not losing my 100 SL.
I stood there and died to an allied spy today, purely because I wanted her to lose soullight and I knew I wouldn't lose an item (it was close enough to a GR and I had a clanny nearby)

It might sound a bit extreme, and I've said it before, but I think they should change the SL system so that when you kill an ally it minus's their SL from yours.

Examples:
You @ 75, them @ 100 = You @ -25
You @ 75, them @ 50 = You @ 25
You @ 75, them @ -25 = You @ 100
You @ -25, them @ 100 = You @ -100 (or lower if they change the cap)
You @ -25, them @ -50 = You @ 25

Oh yeah, and I still believe in my signature...

Original monk
05-01-05, 14:39
i dont care about f6, becoz i chose my friends, my allies by myself ...
i act independently if i chose my friends by myself... if u are not independent enuff, use f6 ...

i dont think factions have anything to do with being independant or not (or even worse: that using factions as a guideline to kill or not kill means youre being not independant) ... altough i can understand if you kill an allied if said person yust did the same to you, one time revenge so to speak ... i would do the same ... but ignoring factions yust so a person can kill anyone he/she like's and cause there are no "hard" repercussions for it gamewise .. then youre on the edge of the "grey" area ..

for the rest i gonna hold my response a bit .. see how this thread turns out

youre way of thinking is ok, choose youre own friends and allies ... its yust you tell it in such a nice way ... "choose my own friends and allieds" sounds nice in theory ... but in the past this was an excuse for random ganking, so i wouldnt see why this time it isnt :)

anyway have fun ganking the people ya dislike

Spermy
05-01-05, 14:43
By all means, Keep it up - yu guys make my job so much easier, Now to get symp, all I have to do is whang a shot at each of ya - you kill yourselves, all the while I'm watching my faction symps rocket. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Cheers Guys. :angel:

Ch1n Th3 M4g
05-01-05, 15:11
why dont u pussys stop whining on forum, go nf get some skill and fight back
tbh if u cant defend ur self, THEN DONT LEAVE SAFE ZONES!!!!!1111 :eek:

Freaky Fryd
05-01-05, 15:14

Maybe if you read the thread, you'd know it's not about the inability to defend/fight back, but it's about allies attacking without provocation, and too little of consequence for doing it.

But hey...thanks for coming out.

Original monk
05-01-05, 15:21

im still waiting for the first moment some allied guy attacks one of my niblettradechars :P this is no invitation btw :)

anyways i didnt got attacked by any allieds yet, so i dont noticed myself that there is any "problem" with alliedattacking (i only play since 3 days tough) .. when the moment is there im prepared tough :)

ArgieD
05-01-05, 15:29

I've heard about the Essex girls...now that's what the boys are like <== :lol: just joking here.

As about your rant, it's very arrogant / ignorant.

You expect me to CST / REP your weapons or armour and bear the risk and consequences of being Pked while doing so, but at the same time you make fun of me for not being an PVPer (or an ally-ganker in your case). How selfish... :o

Riddle
05-01-05, 15:33
when the moment is there im prepared tough

The moment is when your standing sorting stuff from GOGO! turn round get gun out = Dead.

The moment is when your AFK in Plaza taking a piss come back = dead :p

The moment is when your in NPC window turn round get gun out = dead

The moment is fighting Anti city in P2 - all dead :) and then allie start shooting each other = Run lol

The moment is no more!! As I'm fully buffed at all times and run round looking hostile with me gun out in case someone wants a go :D

Spermy
05-01-05, 15:54
The moment is when your standing sorting stuff from GOGO! turn round get gun out = Dead.

Appy

Noob :p

LE Barter = Win
The moment is fighting Anti city in P2 - all dead :) and then allie start shooting each other = Run lol

Pfft All dead my arse - Pennance has a one death for 8 kills streak at the mo - wanna try and find meh? :D
The moment is no more!! As I'm fully buffed at all times and run round looking hostile with me gun out in case someone wants a go :D

Woot - Someone with a spine - I'll have joo sir!

garyu69
05-01-05, 15:56
I have started to notice that on Terra that there is more LE people running about rather than un-LE'd :(

which is a shame IMO.

steweygrrr
05-01-05, 16:03

If we wanted random skimreaders or people who think they know better we'd ask you. Until then stay the hell outta the thread.

I just have four words here.....Allied. Killing. Is. Lame. No two ways about it. If you have to attack people who aren't likely to fight back to get your jollies then go play a single player FPS against the AI, I'm sure it's just as fun.

Freaky Fryd
05-01-05, 16:26
Due to the problems with allied killing in Neocron City, I actually stealth there more, than I do when I'm DOY raiding. At least in DOY I run around unstealthed...

In NC, I stealth everywhere, including using citycoms/gogos, etc...

zii
05-01-05, 16:46
ignore this reply pleae

Bugs Gunny
05-01-05, 16:49
The moment one of that little bunch of allied pkers can post something, as well formulated and showing intelligence behind it, as Argie D's post i'll believe they actualy did finnish first grade in school.

Untill then each one of their posts makes me laugh even harder.

zii
05-01-05, 16:50
Come to think of it I've PKed allied runners afore, although sadly I lost most times so I suppose that I should get some skillz. Although it was during open beta so I could be forgiven.

Anyhow, if one wishs to play the role of the psychopathic killer then allied killing is acceptable. However, there should be a system in place to punish those who dare. Its been debated again and again, and I expect that whatever system is put in place will be abused in some way, much the same way the law courts are abused in real life. Bye.

Original monk
05-01-05, 17:17

that poor noobietradeskillerchar with as only defense its tl 150 repairtool wich he can trow to the attackers head isnt kinda prepared hehe

its all the other chars: bigger, stronger, build to hurt and yust ready and waiting for that 1 split second when all hell brakes loose :D

(not even close to sweet-revenge and longlife-vendetta but hey, there yust poor alliedkillers lol)

anyways lets talk about alliedplayerkillerwankers (the ones that are to afraid or to lazy to go harvest some kills at the "hostile" part of the map)

Menome
05-01-05, 17:31
Due to the problems with allied killing in Neocron City, I actually stealth there more, than I do when I'm DOY raiding. At least in DOY I run around unstealthed...

In NC, I stealth everywhere, including using citycoms/gogos, etc...
This is one of the unfortunate consequences of the current way of things. The cities are SUPPOSED to be safe zones, and should be treated as such. They can't be changed into real safe zones becuase other wise PROPER hostile's, such as TG going into NC, wouldnt be stoppable.

It'd be "Oh look, there goes a TG Runner, but because PKers resulted in NC becoming safe, we'll just have to let them run riot and ruin the RP section of the game."

Please, keep Allied PKing out of the cities, they're supposed to be a HAVEN, not a warzone.

Mr Kot
05-01-05, 19:38
Easy way to sort this:

Make copbots like they used to be: shoot anyone with a weapon drawn.
They can still KOS anti-city AS WELL.

Give them back their uber copbot rifle damage.
They can still paraglue you to the floor AS WELL.

Problem?

Obsidian X
05-01-05, 20:01
Easy way to sort this:

Make copbots like they used to be: shoot anyone with a weapon drawn.
They can still KOS anti-city AS WELL.

Give them back their uber copbot rifle damage.
They can still paraglue you to the floor AS WELL.

Problem?

Yeah, don't know why they changed that. Copbots should be enforcing the law instead of being the massive pacifists they've become now O_o

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 20:37
Therefore, keep killing anybody on sight and do enjoy it by all means. It is your right. Additionally, go and write posts in this forum or even start threads about how pleasant is to Pkill. This is your right too. But under no circumstances try to prove you have a point FFS :cool:

i havent seen a "omg i killz0red you" thread in a long time.

i see threads bitching and moaning about player killers on a daily basis.

now... as it stands... there is nothing "illegal" about ally killing (by illegal i mean game rules, not ingame rules). it is of course your right to discuss this :lol: but dont try to take the high ground. this isnt an MMORPG, its an MMORPGFPS, there are people who enjoy RPG, there are people whoenjoy FPS, there are people who enjoy both.

the amount of times i have seen people get called 13 year old CS kiddies cos they killed someone is shocking.. .and tbh that is the major embarressment of this community... in my opinion of course

:edit: @ above i assume they decided that if DoY raids NC the NC runners should be able to fight alongside the NCPD... not get shot for defending their city :p

Nikabolokov
05-01-05, 20:42
I think because they would rather the players sort them out. Which in an ideal world would work fine. However, with the current problems, your just as likely to get shot in the back by a friendly faction who is either one of their alts/friends or just some fool.

I find myself wishing KK would limit accounts to one side either pro or anti-city. Not hard to put a flag on the char selection screen.

At the least the guards should be evened out, DOY npc's pack much more of a punch.

And for gods sake no, dont make copbots fire on anyone with a weapon drawn, city fights are fun.

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 20:46
I think because they would rather the players sort them out. Which in an ideal world would work fine. However, with the current problems, your just as likely to get shot in the back by a friendly faction who is either one of their alts/friends or just some fool.

I find myself wishing KK would limit accounts to one side either pro or anti-city. Not hard to put a flag on the char selection screen.

At the least the guards should be evened out, DOY npc's pack much more of a punch.

And for gods sake no, dont make copbots fire on anyone with a weapon drawn, city fights are fun.

suits me... im pure pro city baby

in fact... if theres a rollback i would love kk if they moved my chars to BT (where they are now) and limit you to one side.

the only downside i see withthat is epics.

Menome
05-01-05, 20:50
Well, people would just have to forgo anti-city epic items, and buy them instead. The others would have to do the same, so it'd balance the economy out.

EDIT: They'd have to fix the anti-city epics as well, plus give them some better rewards than they have already, I eman, who'd really do an epic do get some drugs or grenades when you can get a Crahn Glove or Tsunami Assault rifle?

(Excuse me if I'm wrong regarding particular faction's epic items, I'm Pro-City)

Nikabolokov
05-01-05, 20:52
Yes, I immediately thought of that too. It was just a thought really. I've no idea how they would implement it at this stage anyway. But it would force people to use other methods of obtaining items/epic items rather than making an alt in that faction. Not to mention hopefully cutting down on the alt problem.

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 20:55
Well, people would just have to forgo anti-city epic items, and buy them instead. The others would have to do the same, so it'd balance the economy out.

you think half the population controlling the best rewards would even it out?

look at anti's...

drugs (clonable anyway)
TSU rifle (now PE caps easier its useless)
Freedom Strike grenades (:rolleyes:)
TH CPU
Crahn Glove

thats 2 good epics, even then only for a tradeskiller or a monk / drug whore PE

now look at pro city...

MOVEON
PPR
NCPD PA
DRE Storage Cell
TT epic weapons
Reveler

now i admit the storage cell sucks...

reveler = god send for veh chars.
NCPD PA has the highest NRG / force / pierce resist combo of all armour bar PA (nice for non cookie cutter CA's)
TT epic cannon... fantastic for HC PE's
PPR and MOVEON... theres not a singlke char (bar tradeskillers) i would not use at least one of these with.

Nikabolokov
05-01-05, 20:58
It would mean a rework of the pics methinks , but it would be nice to see.

Perhaps one of the Anti could get a dex based imp, similar to the Move-on.

Menome
05-01-05, 21:05
Yeh, I sorta meant to say that in my post, but didn't. The Anti-Cities would need some good epic items created in order to make it worthwhile to actually bother playing as them.

NiMBle
05-01-05, 21:32
This is one of the unfortunate consequences of the current way of things. The cities are SUPPOSED to be safe zones, and should be treated as such. They can't be changed into real safe zones becuase other wise PROPER hostile's, such as TG going into NC, wouldnt be stoppable.

It'd be "Oh look, there goes a TG Runner, but because PKers resulted in NC becoming safe, we'll just have to let them run riot and ruin the RP section of the game."

Please, keep Allied PKing out of the cities, they're supposed to be a HAVEN, not a warzone.

Umm... did you not play NC1?

And they are NOT suppose to be a haven. If it were a haven it would be a Safezone but still have Copbots KoS Anti-City runners as do Pro Faction Guards. and RP section? THERE ISN'T ONE... the last person I saw saying "I fight for reeza and reeza only! Death to all the rebel scum!" got a swift kick in the arse and a CS down their throat.

The fact is, Neocron isn't mean to be a 'safe haven' - I have screenshots of my Anti City APU Firestorm barreling Plaza 1 Medicare ffs.... If you want to whine about allied pkers, fine. There will be whiners in all games that allow ally killing. But get your facts straight first, its suppose to be a post-apocalyptic world (apparantly), full of inter-faction wars, fighting left right and centre. Whether or not your ally or enemy, people will disagree, and people will end up being pked/ganked just for the disagreement. If you want 'Roleplay' then you should be thinking as if no one is your friend, everyone hates you, you have to keep your guard up 24/7 etc.

Quit the whining fgs. KK Won't decide to kick people from factions because they pked someone, nor will they bring in an 'anarchy breed faction'. Face the facts, there are allied PKers, I am one of them - Nothing you say will tell us otherwise, infact.. the more you whine and nag and tug at the whole "omfg ally pker halp halp! effin nibs ganked me omfg im reporting j00 and going to cry on forums!!" kinda thing, the more you will find yourself being PK'd.

Just leave it for once, KK dont give a rats arse what you think - fact.

so whining isnt really helping anything now is it.

solling
05-01-05, 21:34
And I have the order to kill anyone who gets in my way/pisses me off. Reza ordered me to do so.

erm i dont think so , if u look at it reeza would keep his faction working toghether not go yay when the few retards pk

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 21:36
erm i dont think so , if u look at it reeza would keep his faction working toghether not go yay when the few retards pk

bullshit... Reeza is a dictator who answers to no one.

if he hires "secret police" then whos gonna stop him?

the whole "Judge, Jury, Executioner" thing shows he isnt afraid to (ab)use his power

NiMBle
05-01-05, 21:39
Ok so if i suddenly say "Im a roleplayer, I'm part of Reeza's secret taskforce sent out to kill all f00lz" then people won't DM and mail me with whiney bs?..

I think not, roleplay in this game is useless. In games like WoW that actually has a half decent storyline sure. But neocron?.... not gunna happen.

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 21:42
Ok so if i suddenly say "Im a roleplayer, I'm part of Reeza's secret taskforce sent out to kill all f00lz" then people won't DM and mail me with whiney bs?..

I think not, roleplay in this game is useless. In games like WoW that actually has a half decent storyline sure. But neocron?.... not gunna happen.

I'm sorry... did i say people RP'd in my last post?

i was mearly replying to attempted RP with more attempted RP.

NiMBle
05-01-05, 21:45
I'm sorry

Did I quote your post in my last post?..

Oh whats that?

No?..
[ edited ]

Latent Entropy
05-01-05, 21:51
Someone needs an "Attitude Adjustment" :rolleyes:

Menome
05-01-05, 22:25
Umm... did you not play NC1?

And they are NOT suppose to be a haven. If it were a haven it would be a Safezone but still have Copbots KoS Anti-City runners as do Pro Faction Guards. and RP section? THERE ISN'T ONE... the last person I saw saying "I fight for reeza and reeza only! Death to all the rebel scum!" got a swift kick in the arse and a CS down their throat.

The fact is, Neocron isn't mean to be a 'safe haven' - I have screenshots of my Anti City APU Firestorm barreling Plaza 1 Medicare ffs.... If you want to whine about allied pkers, fine. There will be whiners in all games that allow ally killing. But get your facts straight first, its suppose to be a post-apocalyptic world (apparantly), full of inter-faction wars, fighting left right and centre. Whether or not your ally or enemy, people will disagree, and people will end up being pked/ganked just for the disagreement. If you want 'Roleplay' then you should be thinking as if no one is your friend, everyone hates you, you have to keep your guard up 24/7 etc.

I'm not saying it is or should be a proper safe zone, I'm saying that nobody should have to watch over their shoulder for people supposedly on THE SAME SIDE as them in their own cities.

Sure, you got a grudge against someone for a legit reason, PK them all you want, but I really don't want to have to be permanently paranoid every time I glance out of my apartment or when someone's name pops up in the box.

NiMBle
05-01-05, 22:28
My point is exactly that, post-apocalyptic world, people going slightly crazy with all the wars n what not. 'Those sinister monks seemingly hovering through plaza' should scare the shit out of you - you should run to hide when you see a higher level around.

Or just PK Everyone you see and be safe like meh :D

Menome
05-01-05, 22:45
Ok, I'll admit I smirked at that last comment of yours, but the root of the problem is, you dont always see the Pker coming. I know the argument concerning letting people know has come and gone, and yes, it would give people a chance to buff, call PPU's etc, but there are a lot of people who don't have those privileges.

And why should I have to run and hide every time I go to buy sushi? Not that I buy it, that would be sad...

P.S If Pking keeps happening, whining will keep happening, I just try to keep mine constructive, but generally don't. Anyway, i don't care if I'm whining, I'm just roleplaying myself. :D

Spermy
05-01-05, 22:54
the amount of times i have seen people get called 13 year old CS kiddies cos they killed someone is shocking.. .and tbh that is the major embarressment of this community... in my opinion of course

AGREE.

I was At MB today - I killed various procities at MB today - /40+ on my /50

and only one took it like a man.

Tip - If you can't Hack it, leave your freaking LE in. An excerpt if you will - Name changed to protect dignity.

01-05-2005 13:16:49 > boo
01-05-2005 13:17:05 > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin.
01-05-2005 13:17:05 > You lost a little sympathy with Diamond Real Estate.
01-05-2005 13:17:05 > You lost a little sympathy with N.E.X.T..
01-05-2005 13:17:05 > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies.
01-05-2005 13:18:13 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : ty shit
01-05-2005 13:18:25 > Ta
01-05-2005 13:18:36 > nowt personal you understand
01-05-2005 13:18:38 > :)
01-05-2005 13:18:45 > Just - ur part of <Unamed clan>
01-05-2005 13:18:46 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : i know i know
01-05-2005 13:18:50 > and they suck
01-05-2005 13:18:55 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : like you
01-05-2005 13:18:58 > ^^
01-05-2005 13:19:21 > New chatmode: CUSTOM
01-05-2005 13:19:21 > New chatmode: BUDDY
01-05-2005 13:19:21 > New chatmode: LOCAL
01-05-2005 13:20:02 > You lost a little sympathy with BioTech.
01-05-2005 13:20:02 > You lost a little sympathy with ProtoPharm.

Ooops - Someone else just bought it! Wooo! I don't see him misbehaving - BTW I'd be glad to name Asshole runner if ya DM me ;)

01-05-2005 13:20:56 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : and like your mother
01-05-2005 13:21:09 > FACTION> FREINDLY RUNNER : need a poker for 3 imps... pay 8k

Like to point out - 8k for a tip? Scandalous! Skinflint!

01-05-2005 13:21:12 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : and your father take in from ass
01-05-2005 13:21:16 > New chatmode: CLAN
01-05-2005 13:21:16 > New chatmode: TEAM
01-05-2005 13:21:20 > New chatmode: DIRECT
01-05-2005 13:21:22 > cheers
01-05-2005 13:21:45 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : and your pc will be formatted
01-05-2005 13:22:00 > etc etc
01-05-2005 13:22:11 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : i just sell u a virus delete all thing in the folder "Document"
01-05-2005 13:22:13 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : u can check
01-05-2005 13:22:21 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : see your email plz
01-05-2005 13:22:28 > oh do carry on mate
01-05-2005 13:22:33 > this is a laugh a minute :P
01-05-2005 13:22:43 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : and open that file docdel . exe
01-05-2005 13:22:49 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : and u can see
01-05-2005 13:22:50 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : plz
01-05-2005 13:22:52 > DIRECT> AssholeRunner : make this
01-05-2005 13:22:54 > *sniff*
01-05-2005 13:22:54 > AssholeRunner> Anima : make so
01-05-2005 13:22:58 > I smell bullshit
01-05-2005 13:23:04 > and a faint tinge of...
01-05-2005 13:23:07 > what is that?
01-05-2005 13:23:10 > eau de nib?

Menome
05-01-05, 22:57
Even I wouldn't be that arrogant about being PKed.

I normally do the unexpected and have a friendly chat with them in Direct, and correct their spelling. Constantly, over and over and over a many times as they care to PK me.

Spermy
05-01-05, 22:59
Even I wouldn't be that arrogant about being PKed.

I normally do the unexpected and have a friendly chat with them in Direct, and correct their spelling. Constantly, over and over and over a many times as they care to PK me.

Aye - It's just funny - people who whine without a reason to, really are easy bait. Apart from ally killers, which do suck, and should be castrated.

Engelke
06-01-05, 00:15
Well tbh put in LE is the lamest excuse. You can't put it in when reachin skill rank 30 and if you want epics you have to take it out. I personally don't think epics are PvP players only. Have btw never seen a pure PvP player with the CA epic PA tbh.

Spermy
06-01-05, 00:18
Well tbh put in LE is the lamest excuse.

I disagree, It stops you being killed - You can BUY epics. And if you want to be in a clan , well, there's a shitload of OPs that are to be taken, and they need PvP.

You can't put it in when reachin skill rank 30

Not my problem

and if you want epics you have to take it out.

Buy them.

I personally don't think epics are PvP players only.

Course they are - They require Epic KILLS. 'cept FA.

Have btw never seen a pure PvP player with the CA epic PA tbh.

Has no bearing whatsoever. Besides, it's bollocks compared to other armour setups. and you have to be CA to wear it.

Tada!

Engelke
06-01-05, 00:29
In my opinion non PVP players are there for the roleplay. And if Epics are not roleplay what would you call it instead?

Buying epics is not mutch roleplay so that opinion sucks.

Yes LE will prevent you from getting killed too bad you came from a server with very low allied killing and then have to reroll your capped ppl cause some few narrow sightet ppl see you as target. The opinion: 'You have no LE you are here for my amusement not yours.' is tbh shallow and selv centret.

Spermy what about the NEXT epic? No PvP needed ;) . And 1 mission out of what 5-6 missions makes the whole epic PvP? So if you want to be elected guvernor of a state you only need 1 out of every 5-6 votes to win :confused:

Sorry i don't want to qute your post and add my own lame comments to every sentence btw

Spermy
06-01-05, 00:35
In my opinion non PVP players are there for the roleplay. And if Epics are not roleplay what would you call it instead?

They are roileplay, I never said they aren't, They are also PvP if you didn't notice the fact that in Most cases you have to KILL SOMEONE! (often a dead giveaway of PvP)

Buying epics is not mutch roleplay so that opinion sucks.

In your opinion. You don't want to kill for one, but you want one. Erm, but you don't want to buy one... Do I just give you one?

Yes LE will prevent you from getting killed too bad you came from a server with very low allied killing and then have to reroll your capped ppl cause some few narrow sightet ppl see you as target.

Erm... Woe is me? *Gets worlds smallest violin out.*

The opinion: 'You have no LE you are here for my amusement not yours.' is tbh shallow and selv centret.

Eh? No LE to me means someone who is willing to brave death from runners, you know the consequences - it has nowt to do with me.

Spermy what about the NEXT epic? No PvP needed ;) . And 1 mission out of what 5-6 missions makes the whole epic PvP?

Never said that - Words, My mouth, Quit putting them in, They don't belong there. Drawing an awful lot of conclusions from stuff I never said eh?

So if you want to be elected guvernor of a state you only need 1 out of every 5-6 votes to win :confused:

Nice analogy. I take it you are the kerry to my bush? You're applying an analogy to something I never said, Which makes it kind of a moot point. I said the fact you have to kill someone in an epic means PvP is involved.

Sorry i don't want to qute your post and add my own lame comments to every sentence btw

Vieled sarcasm. Joy.

Engelke
06-01-05, 00:53
Spermy what about the NEXT epic? No PvP needed .

Never said that - Words, My mouth, Quit putting them in, They don't belong there. Drawing an awful lot of conclusions from stuff I never said eh?

I personally don't think epics are PvP players only.

Well if you don't suggest the only non PvP epic was FA then what are you talking about?

So if you want to be elected guvernor of a state you only need 1 out of every 5-6 votes to win

Nice analogy. I take it you are the kerry to my bush? You're applying an analogy to something I never said, Which makes it kind of a moot point. I said the fact you have to kill someone in an epic means PvP is involved.

So you never said:

Now my turn to get a quto from a politician thhat i would think off:

I had never sexual relations to that women

Some sarcsm back at ya ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
06-01-05, 00:59
omg two epics dont require kills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
the kills are a obvious thing that you must acually do something more then NPC ganking and delivery for the factions
NEXT and FA are exeptions not the rule

Latent Entropy
06-01-05, 01:50
actaully theres 3 epics which dont require a player kill, TS, FA and NEXT :p

Xadhoom
06-01-05, 02:40
erm i dont think so

I dont fucking care about what u maybe think of reza. He fucking gave me the order to do what Im doing!

so true again.

Nidhogg
06-01-05, 02:53
I dont fucking care about what u maybe think of reza. He fucking gave me the order to do what Im doing!
Reza ordered you to kill his own people? I guess I missed that memo.

N

Xadhoom
06-01-05, 03:41

N

In fact, Im one of rezas best friends. Hes not talking to mere mods, u know.

Terayon
06-01-05, 03:48
Ok so to all thos who pk allies for whatever reason. Do any of you agree that copbots should shoot you if you draw a weapon? Or that faction guards should shoot you if your sympathy with them is to low? Or do you people like it as it is, totaly in your favor and its much easier to kill an allie then to kill an enemy?

Some say they are roleplaying and such. Then why dont you want the guards to shoot you when you pull out a weapon? Wy dont you want any changes that would increase roleplaying? Becouse it makes it harder to kill anyone you want to. So your not realy roleplaying so much looking for easy targets with an excuse.

Some say they like to pick their allies and enemies. Is this so when you see a player at a gogo you can pick him as an enemy? Why else would you kill so many allied people as enemies? Is it becouse they annoy you? Im sure this can account for alot of allied killing, but most of the allied killing is unprovoced. So what makes you pick allied people as enemies if not the fact that they are off guard thus easier to kill?

BTW instead of saying you dont like f6 picking your allies, why dont you say you dont like a game to pick who you can kill. I imagine you must not be very liked in any fps games you play. I can see you pking your whole team, and then finaly dieing and telling everyone "I just like to pick who are my enemies are". Its the same thing so dont act like it isent.

For anyone who pkes allies and are seriously roleplaying, i dont mind that so much.

Latent Entropy
06-01-05, 04:53
If they were roleplaying wouldnt they TEAM with eachother so they dont incure SL loss :confused:

Pungent77
06-01-05, 05:12

N
hehehe :lol:

SypH
06-01-05, 06:04
I expect to get attacked any time I leave a safezone now. It's no big deal though, enemy or ally I've just come to expect it. Tonight for example a runner from a certain CA clan (one of the ones that has been harping on about stopping ally pking interestingly enough) decided to start taking pot shots at my resser as she ran from 1 hq to another to tag the gr. Despite being a spy wearing zero armour, having little to no resists and crappy con he didnt kill me, so I logged my tank and killed him for his troubles. Apart from 1 drug induced incident a month or so back, thats pretty much the 2nd ally I've killed, but he deserved it, and thanks to lag I suffered no sl/symp loss:D

Asurmen Spec Op
06-01-05, 07:02

so true again. Reza wouldnt talk to a person like YOU
Hed have you captured and sent back to MC5 for reprograming.
You kill his loyal subjects for "RP" reaons
please man we know your just trying to justify you taking out the rage because you hate life or some BS.
fine if ya want RP we'll make copbots shoot you after 1 warning with a weapon out. dont like it? its real RP not your BS. We make copbots so a PPU cant outheal. RP reasons(read the story if ya dont belive me). Youd hate that worse because your strap on couldnt help you get SL back,
So tell me
What is your real reason?

Notorious Fish
06-01-05, 08:30
1. Its a game. So you are supposed to have fun.
2. Dont ever call me a traitor. I fight FF just as much as any of you can say. In fact we fought them for over an hour a Jeriko just about an hour ago...
3. I have been Allied Popped since the first day i stepped on the NC ground... I didnt bitch about it and give the pkers enjoyment about it.
4. Who the fuck wants to run all the way out to doy to PvP when you can stay right in your own comfy home town. PISS OFF NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU CRY>...

Notorious Fish
06-01-05, 08:51
oh and instead of starting to stop Allied Pkers (you cant), you would be wiser to stop "KOS LISTS" so that way some one who killed you once wont have to kill you everytime he sees you in order to save his own neck. If he killed you, just laugh and GR and get your belt really fast. Then thats the end of it. It gets crazy when you "KOS" them and are fighting him his alts his clan mates and the all of plaza 1. Or if you do happen to kill the dude dont expliot *[Removed - No Accusations of cheating please]* and cause even more of this really stupid "KOSING"

Terayon
06-01-05, 09:46
Notorious Fish your reply is so retarded i cant even begin to post. Its not worth my time to "educate" you.

Zheo
06-01-05, 09:51
Brad']Last night there was also a fight where a CA clan had to fight against about 8 or 9 pro city factions.

WERE MEANT TO BE FUCKING ALLIES.

I was in that fight and it was started by three nameless runners members of a next and CA clan, they started killing random people and then soon a group of us got together and whooped em, after i took three v 1 and managed to kill an apu!!

w00tage for me, yeah i know it's a pain in the ass my character is skint and i was only online to do some missions and earn enough creds to gr to somewhere where i can kill mobs, now im back to square 1, was fun though :) same it wasnt anties i had much more fun with my pe annoying a big antie city clan by sniping them lol killed two on my own, almost three by the spy i was figthing kept stealthing cos he couldnt touch me :) Ace fight!

Kopaka
06-01-05, 12:35
Yeah Ice.... :lol: I did assist ya or? ;) gimme some love :angel:
They really hated me that day,

i loved that day, we should do it again :D

and just like Eric...
I choose who my friends are, not the F6 button, not KK, not anyone.

Weazle
06-01-05, 12:35
oh and instead of starting to stop Allied Pkers (you cant), you would be wiser to stop "KOS LISTS" so that way some one who killed you once wont have to kill you everytime he sees you in order to save his own neck. If he killed you, just laugh and GR and get your belt really fast. Then thats the end of it. It gets crazy when you "KOS" them and are fighting him his alts his clan mates and the all of plaza 1.

Well you keep picking fights and making up excuses that people attacked you first. At least you'd be out of red soullight if you went to CRP or MB to kill anti-city. Try Neofragging or something other than hanging plaza 1 killing pro-city .... :rolleyes:

Tsk tsk .... naming names on the forums is against the rules. The person you mention have been on many DoY raids and is a very well set up spy ... no exploits or anything and has built up a reputation as someone NOT to mess with from the DoY raids. And what the heck is a goddam tradehack?!?! I swear people make things up just to sound like they "know" something when they know f*ck all.

Kopaka
06-01-05, 12:43
i gotta admit that Notorious fish guy has like the same reason as me to allied killing..
1) why run to doy when u can just fight outside ur home app?
2) bad haircuts
3) stupid names
4) boredom

if u go all the way to doy, specially when u have no GRs, changes are ur gonna get zerged by FF.

Kopaka
06-01-05, 12:49
We make copbots so a PPU cant outheal.

how are u planning to do this?
the nc1 copbots were easily outhealed.
increase their dmg like 5x the dmg they did in nc1 might work.

why is everyone whining so fucking much?!?!?!?
you got killed.... get over it.... its a game....
*ohno i lost 109 soullight cuz of u* do i look like i care?
if u got 100 sl as a tank, then
1) ur doing something wrong
2) dont shoot some1 with positive sl for fun (not killing him) when ncat is around.. ncat will shoot the same person :p
who was that tank again who lost 109 sl cuz of my tank..?
and offcourse when hes negative soullight.. that means u can kill without losing symps or soullight, not to mention a belt

LiL T
06-01-05, 12:51
If it was not so hard to raid a city... then they would not have kill there own :rolleyes: Do you people not understand people play to kill other players, and when they can't do that on there own they will kill who ever they can.

Just my thoughts on why they "might" be pking allies

Terayon
06-01-05, 13:01
Er so ya my account isent yet active again and i was wondering, how bad is the allied pking realy? Is it like every time u leave a hq... Just wondering if i should go doy or not.... Loosing so much SL becouse some morons attack me dousent sound cool.
BTW this dousent mean what i said before in my other posts isent valid 8|

Ministry
06-01-05, 13:23
Er so ya my account isent yet active again and i was wondering, how bad is the allied pking realy? Is it like every time u leave a hq... Just wondering if i should go doy or not.... Loosing so much SL becouse some morons attack me dousent sound cool.
BTW this dousent mean what i said before in my other posts isent valid 8|
well from my view, ive been back a few days, and been attacked every time.

last night played for maybe 45mins-1hour, got attacked by 3 allies on 3 occasions.

Terayon
06-01-05, 13:30
Ug. My pe is going to need alot of drugs then. Maybe i will finish making my hybrid.

Kozmos
06-01-05, 13:41
I'm finding it a joke, whenever i'm on my tank, even semi idle in plaza or wherever, I dont get attacked atall, yet whenever im at a crytons buying stuff on my naked tradeskiller spy, I can guarantee that some dick will come along, 2 hit kill him, and start waxing lyrical about how uber awesome he is for owning me :rolleyes: 5 times my spy got ganked yesterday, while trying to build some hovertech ekys, shoulda been a 15 min job, ended up taking nearly a hour, hell even the usual suspects come running through viarosso and gun down 4-5 [people there nomatter their rank, its getting really fucking old now...

Ministry
06-01-05, 13:47
I'm finding it a joke, whenever i'm on my tank, even semi idle in plaza or wherever, I dont get attacked atallwish my tank was that lucky.

at least my pistol spy doesnt get attacked, still got the LE in on that one.

Spermy
06-01-05, 14:43
Well if you don't suggest the only non PvP epic was FA then what are you talking about?

:wtf: Make sense. I speak english. Please accomodate accordingly.

So you never said:

I did But in the post after the analogy itself - so... Moot point there buddy.

Now my turn to get a quto from a politician thhat i would think off:
Some sarcsm back at ya ;)

LAME!

Getting a little hostile there for someone who is Pro LE right? I assume you are from the standpoint you take, and if you are, then Allied killings, or any killings for that matter are nothing you can talk about dude. :rolleyes:

Anyhow - Who says you can't roleplay and PvP?

Jesterthegreat
06-01-05, 14:46
I'm finding it a joke, whenever i'm on my tank, even semi idle in plaza or wherever, I dont get attacked atall, yet whenever im at a crytons buying stuff on my naked tradeskiller spy, I can guarantee that some dick will come along, 2 hit kill him, and start waxing lyrical about how uber awesome he is for owning me :rolleyes: 5 times my spy got ganked yesterday, while trying to build some hovertech ekys, shoulda been a 15 min job, ended up taking nearly a hour, hell even the usual suspects come running through viarosso and gun down 4-5 [people there nomatter their rank, its getting really fucking old now...

tradeskiller in an anarchy zone with no LE?

hmm... its the PKers who are stupid then :rolleyes:

Ministry
06-01-05, 15:01
tradeskiller in an anarchy zone with no LE?

hmm... its the PKers who are stupid then :rolleyes:
well seeing as he is in his own city, and not enemies(re F6)then ya he should feel fairly safe.

i dont mind being killed by allie when theres a reason, like they personally dont like me, or its a clan v clan thing.

but when morons just open fire on someone cos they feel like it or the fact KK cant design a decent SL system, i aint down with that.

however by the same score i was a saturnite when HATE were around who killed everyone allied enemies neutrals, but back then there was onyl a few who done this, judging from since ive been back, its like everyone is allied killing.

maybe once i get to know who the allied killers mainly are i might look at it differently like i did on saturn, like oh there style hes going to kill me.

right now its like every allie i see is likely to kill me and i have no idea who they are.

i got attacked by one of your clan last night but i didnt expect any diffrent tbh.

Asurmen Spec Op
06-01-05, 15:46
how are u planning to do this?
the nc1 copbots were easily outhealed.
increase their dmg like 5x the dmg they did in nc1 might work.

why is everyone whining so fucking much?!?!?!?
you got killed.... get over it.... its a game....
*ohno i lost 109 soullight cuz of u* do i look like i care?
if u got 100 sl as a tank, then
1) ur doing something wrong
2) dont shoot some1 with positive sl for fun (not killing him) when ncat is around.. ncat will shoot the same person :p
who was that tank again who lost 109 sl cuz of my tank..?
and offcourse when hes negative soullight.. that means u can kill without losing symps or soullight, not to mention a belt that was my responce to his excuse for "roleplay"
[ edited ]

Purple
06-01-05, 15:56
lol everyone can moan and whine and winge but this will just make people wanna do it more.

E.g when u get Pkd moaning on trade alliance etc etc doesnt make any difference infact they prolly gonna kill u more cos they know it pisses you off.

Dont get me wrong it really buggs me when i get killed by an allied but instaed of callling em nibs , retard, idiot etc try actually talking to em not always but sumtimes does tend to help
If all else fails ; scream aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and run away

Asurmen Spec Op
06-01-05, 15:58
lol everyone can moan and whine and winge but this will just make people wanna do it more.

E.g when u get Pkd moaning on trade alliance etc etc doesnt make any difference infact they prolly gonna kill u more cos they know it pisses you off.

Dont get me wrong it really buggs me when i get killed by an allied but instaed of callling em nibs , retard, idiot etc try actually talking to em not always but sumtimes does tend to help
If all else fails ; scream aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and run away Im doy, I just find their "roleplay" just a bit childish

Latent Entropy
06-01-05, 16:45
Most people in DoY have a seat reserved at that bar which is right ontop of plaza so we can see you Pro City pop a cap in each other arses :lol:

Great Entertainment i must say, and alot of "illegal" gambling aswell :D

Spermy
06-01-05, 16:46
Most people in DoY have a seat reserved at that bar which is right ontop of plaza so we can see you Pro City pop a cap in each other arses :lol:

Great Entertainment i must say, and alot of "illegal" gambling aswell :D

It's ridiculous.

And is it just me, or have the copbots and guards been shuffled about a bit?

Notorious Fish
06-01-05, 18:49
I pvp... or for you roleplayers Im a murderer.. end of story no reason to cry... EVEN I DIE sometimes. :(

Nikabolokov
06-01-05, 18:52
Thats just it, you dont.

You play as yourself from what I've gathered, you have the same attitude on the forums as you do ingame.

Some of the best pvpers/pkers are the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, they seem to be able to grasp the concept that they are playing a character, or 4 characters in this case.

Engelke
06-01-05, 19:06
1. Its a game. So you are supposed to have fun.
2. Dont ever call me a traitor. I fight FF just as much as any of you can say. In fact we fought them for over an hour a Jeriko just about an hour ago...
3. I have been Allied Popped since the first day i stepped on the NC ground... I didnt bitch about it and give the pkers enjoyment about it.
4. Who the fuck wants to run all the way out to doy to PvP when you can stay right in your own comfy home town. PISS OFF NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU CRY>...

1. How are you suggesting people to have fun when you kill them and piss them off :rolleyes:
Try to see the situation from noob players / tradeskillers who have no chance against your capped PvP PE.

2. Well just because you fight FF don't take the allied killing away. Allied killer is a traitor and can't be trustet, cause if you turn back to allied killer he might shoot you.

3. Well just because you got killed doesn't make it right. Thinking of the two kids when you tell the one to stop he will scream but the other is doing it too ;)

4. Well who wants to stay in his warm and comfy home and get killed? Well for real this point makes no sence at all.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-05, 22:09
well seeing as he is in his own city, and not enemies(re F6)then ya he should feel fairly safe.

i dont mind being killed by allie when theres a reason, like they personally dont like me, or its a clan v clan thing.

but when morons just open fire on someone cos they feel like it or the fact KK cant design a decent SL system, i aint down with that.

however by the same score i was a saturnite when HATE were around who killed everyone allied enemies neutrals, but back then there was onyl a few who done this, judging from since ive been back, its like everyone is allied killing.

maybe once i get to know who the allied killers mainly are i might look at it differently like i did on saturn, like oh there style hes going to kill me.

right now its like every allie i see is likely to kill me and i have no idea who they are.

i got attacked by one of your clan last night but i didnt expect any diffrent tbh.

doesnt matter who "owns" the zone... its not a safezone and you removed your LE.

my tradeskiller has done the same... i intend to get 80 TC for stealth soon and have 100 SL anyway. i would not sit in an anarchy zone to do my csting / ressing though... thats idiocy. like if pro city woned cycrow i wouldnt sit in CRP and do it

Kopaka
07-01-05, 12:54
that was my responce to his excuse for "roleplay"
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

viscious666
08-01-05, 09:48
oh crap, looks like neocron isnt that safe after all... people actually take the chance to murder u, hack ur belt, just to gain and upper hand? sounds awefull, i condone it!

lol.

Ministry
08-01-05, 22:05
doesnt matter who "owns" the zone... its not a safezone and you removed your LE.

my tradeskiller has done the same... i intend to get 80 TC for stealth soon and have 100 SL anyway. i would not sit in an anarchy zone to do my csting / ressing though... thats idiocy. like if pro city woned cycrow i wouldnt sit in CRP and do it
no idiocy to me is the allied pker who is bored and kills for no other reason that that.

if the guys hates me and kills me for that, hey i can deal with it.

clan v clan thats ok(thou clan wars should work so this aint a SL lose thing)

when i was involved in a clan who owned cycrow, people did do there trade skilling there, and the only people who killed them were enemies(either F6 enemy or enemy of clan for a reason)

Spermy
08-01-05, 22:33
no idiocy to me is the allied pker who is bored and kills for no other reason that that.

when i was involved in a clan who owned cycrow, people did do there trade skilling there, and the only people who killed them were enemies(either F6 enemy or enemy of clan for a reason)

In all fairness - Never take a tradeskiller to an OP unless A) it is safe, or B) you have backup.

And to be honest - Cycrow is not the best place to dawdle with a tradeskiller. What with it being a mega hunting ground, and a PK area, A KNOWN PK area!

Jesterthegreat
08-01-05, 23:59

in a post apocalyptic world you wander around undefended... then blame it on everyone but yourself.

i see.

nothing more needs to be said tbh.

Terayon
09-01-05, 01:49
In post apocalyptic world do you kill all your allies to create hundreds of enemies all looking to hunt you down, just becouse you could? No, you wouldent pick enemies with virtualy anyone becouse its retarded and you want to live. They will want to kill you. Dont use RP reasons when you are against RP.

Look here is my beef. When PBC finaly comes in, i want to know who is my enemy. Sure you can pick your enemies bla bla bla, but how do i know if you picked me as your enemie? There needs to be some kind of list like the ignore list to put names on. Like that KOS list idea, exept named somthing else. Also if pking is such a common thing and not stopping the ppl from pking everything that moves, why dousent kk just remove sl hits from pking allies?

Spermy
09-01-05, 13:35
, why dousent kk just remove sl hits from pking allies?

Because it will work Both ways, Making it easier to kill allies but also easier enforce non allied kills...

Unless that was sarcasm.

Or something.

Jesterthegreat
09-01-05, 15:09
In post apocalyptic world do you kill all your allies to create hundreds of enemies all looking to hunt you down, just becouse you could? No, you wouldent pick enemies with virtualy anyone becouse its retarded and you want to live. They will want to kill you. Dont use RP reasons when you are against RP.

Look here is my beef. When PBC finaly comes in, i want to know who is my enemy. Sure you can pick your enemies bla bla bla, but how do i know if you picked me as your enemie? There needs to be some kind of list like the ignore list to put names on. Like that KOS list idea, exept named somthing else. Also if pking is such a common thing and not stopping the ppl from pking everything that moves, why dousent kk just remove sl hits from pking allies?

simply put... cutting both sides of the arguement...

fact is it happens.

if you are not LE'd... stay buffed outside safezones. be ready to defend yourself. thats all there is to it.if you dont want this... LE.

and im not against RP... i have played so many RPG's (online, offline, PnP) i would have trouble naming them all.

Morganth
09-01-05, 15:46
Personally I think NCAT was doing a great job, and roleplaying being part of their clan. The Neocron Carebear Assassination Team was doing fine. It was killing all those that whined because they aren't safe unbuffed, afk and in an anarchy zone.

If you are not good enough to defend yourself against one person, you have no right to complain. If you give them a run for your money you at least know how to deal with them. And when there is a squad of more than one of them, and people are spamming over alliance about it, don't be stupid and go out there, only to come back and whine some more when your 42% SI is wearing.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
09-01-05, 17:32
wow 11 pages latter and people are still bitching about NCAT....
get a gf/life/anal lube tbh
stfu and go lvl.....whinners

El Jimben
09-01-05, 17:40
wow 11 pages latter and people are still bitching about NCAT....
get a gf/life/anal lube tbh
stfu and go lvl.....whinners

You owe me some lube m4g!!11 :mad:

Ch1n Th3 M4g
09-01-05, 17:44
You owe me some lube m4g!!11 :mad:
o yeah shit....
:eek:
follow me 2 my apt for some :D

solling
09-01-05, 19:56
in a post apocalyptic world you wander around undefended... then blame it on everyone but yourself.

in a city thats SUPPOSED to be protected by reeza run by his iron hand
not meaning running wild

Terayon
09-01-05, 20:32
Er sorry i should have made my point more clear. I asked why dousent kk remove sl penalty from kiling allies becouse the only ones suffering are the people trying to defend themselves.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-01-05, 02:13
Personally I think NCAT was doing a great job, and roleplaying being part of their clan. The Neocron Carebear Assassination Team was doing fine. It was killing all those that whined because they aren't safe unbuffed, afk and in an anarchy zone.

If you are not good enough to defend yourself against one person, you have no right to complain. If you give them a run for your money you at least know how to deal with them. And when there is a squad of more than one of them, and people are spamming over alliance about it, don't be stupid and go out there, only to come back and whine some more when your 42% SI is wearing. They may but how do you know if they are a carebear if its random? really I mean.
but im not picking on NCAT, theres alot worse out there. and atleast NCAT attacks enemies too, my only real beef is with the name(I cant call any clan with carebear in it a rp clan).

Allied Pking doesnt bug me too much, I wish they took abit more damage from their random attacking, my only issue is when they perpously aim for noobs or try to use RP to dignify what they do, if you randomly gank allies dont try to justify it RP. go factionless get -99faction to all and gank everything. then you can really RP the ganking asshole

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 14:13
They may but how do you know if they are a carebear if its random? really I mean.
but im not picking on NCAT, theres alot worse out there. and atleast NCAT attacks enemies too, my only real beef is with the name(I cant call any clan with carebear in it a rp clan).

Allied Pking doesnt bug me too much, I wish they took abit more damage from their random attacking, my only issue is when they perpously aim for noobs or try to use RP to dignify what they do, if you randomly gank allies dont try to justify it RP. go factionless get -99faction to all and gank everything. then you can really RP the ganking asshole

*sigh* we try not to kill noobs... it happens but its not our purpose.

we love to fight... its what we do in the game. if we were to attack someone we would expect a fight back (either from him, his clan or his friends). i would be the first to admit that if i see a red noob with no LE ill attack him... he may be a noob but hes an enemy and he has removed his LE, thereby allowing himself to be a target.

Menome
10-01-05, 20:48
I agree on the enemy faction lines, and allied Pking may be very slightly justified in some cases. i think the main Pking I stand against comes into when it almost becomes, well, bullying.

1.) Killing someone repeatedly and following them around wherever they go and killing them, not for boredom etc., but for genuinely being an asshole

2.) Standing at a GR in a not-normally combat zone and shooting whoever decides to walk through, again, because the player in question is being an asshole.

Having seen the views of some Pkers, the ones who have put forward a MATURE argument (Jesterthegreat has earned a bit of my respect for this) rather than a "OMG I do it cos I can!" argument, I am a little less hostile towards ally Pkers.

This doesnt mean I LIKE the idea any more than a few days ago. But I'll tolerate the 'good' Pking a la Jesterthegreat if somehow we can stamp down on asshats.

Kopaka
11-01-05, 12:19
you say we're assholes cuz we "random" PK ?
a clan organised like NCAT doesnt "random" PK.
We carefully choose our victims.
for example.. someone with negative soullight and unclanned is more likely to get attacked by us then a positive soullight and clanned runner.
If we are in plaza1 and theres alot of people, we talk on ventrilo to eachother on who we going to attack. Only people we DO NOT like we attack. People like hmmm Lightpipe TK or something, Cento, Toilet Duck.. those runners in example are KoS. you see us PKing them, you call us assholes who do random PKing.

for you it might seem random but for us it isnt.
and yes - Jester is the only one in our clan giving mature and grown-up comments :lol:

but no we dont do random PK

/edit:
the so-called "bullying" thats something we dont do. if someone has 42% Si we dont intend to kill him again, unless he asks for it (and if we know he dropped his PA in belt :D)

11-01-05, 13:08
and people wonder why the populations are shrinking.......

It's all fairly obvious to me, as if the game didnt have enough other problems

Kopaka
11-01-05, 13:18
stand up to us, show us that ur worthy.
we're Lioon Reza's secret agency, somewhat like the CIA :D
we prepare everyoen in the city for possible raids by anticity :D

nah we just kill the ppl we dont like, nothing to do with the ppl leaving the game

Bugs Gunny
11-01-05, 13:53
It still has to do with people moving to doy.

Jesterthegreat
11-01-05, 14:20
It still has to do with people moving to doy.

then theres more people for you to kill with no SL loss...

win win tbh

Menome
11-01-05, 21:08
for example.. someone with negative soullight and unclanned is more likely to get attacked by us then a positive soullight and clanned runner.
If we are in plaza1 and theres alot of people, we talk on ventrilo to eachother on who we going to attack. Only people we DO NOT like we attack. People like hmmm Lightpipe TK or something, Cento, Toilet Duck.. those runners in example are KoS. you see us PKing them, you call us assholes who do random PKing.

and yes - Jester is the only one in our clan giving mature and grown-up comments :lol:

/edit:
the so-called "bullying" thats something we dont do. if someone has 42% Si we dont intend to kill him again, unless he asks for it (and if we know he dropped his PA in belt :D)
I didn't name you specifically, the type of people I was aiming that comment at are those that don't follow your guidelines. Your Pking you describe there is within my personal boundaries, its other people which I can't name that do the "bad" Pking.

Morganth
11-01-05, 21:21

/edit:

Yeah, this is very true. Random PKing would be NCAT killing anything that moves, as the targets are random. I also hope they don't kill pure tradeskillers, especially as chances are they will have high SL :p

Personally I like a fight in Plaza1, means less chance of there being a PPU there if its a few NCAT tanks/apus. That I can handle. Its when they have a PPU I log MY tradeskiller with 100 SL and get in the way :p

Jesterthegreat
11-01-05, 22:07
Yeah, this is very true. Random PKing would be NCAT killing anything that moves, as the targets are random. I also hope they don't kill pure tradeskillers, especially as chances are they will have high SL :p

Personally I like a fight in Plaza1, means less chance of there being a PPU there if its a few NCAT tanks/apus. That I can handle. Its when they have a PPU I log MY tradeskiller with 100 SL and get in the way :p

my tradeskiller is 100 sl :p

and we tend to aim at PA's first, then high ranked non PA'ers... within the "we dont like him" bounderies of course :D

Zheo
11-01-05, 22:30
Waiting for the usual
" It's not against the rules" shit.
" I do it for fun" shit
" I Kill who I want " shit
" You Pk'd my alt blah blah" shit

This allied pk crap is the most annoying thing in the game and yes I agree :D

Dam even if you play CS and kill allied after so many you get kicked from server as its not the spirit of the game, it's to dam easy to shoot someone in the back thats why they do it.

Usually no skill , no brains and no sense of gameplay!

Bring on the usual flamage :lol:

Like when my mate and i where killed for helping out two pro city clans? lol

Monolithic
11-01-05, 22:40
Pro-city allied pking seems to be reaching ridiculous levels. Today I went to sell some junk/armor parts in DoY and found pro-city people fighting each other in the middle of the city.

Freaky Fryd
12-01-05, 00:05
Really? :wtf:
I remember seeing you in the FA sector, and there was some other pro-city people around, but we weren't fighting each other...was it before then or after? Or are you mistaken?
If you aren't mistaken, that's just sad...
8|

Allied killing is really pointless when they're so many enemies already...

Jesterthegreat
12-01-05, 00:08

like when i was killed for helping 101st?

happens to and by the so called "ally killers"

Kopaka
12-01-05, 00:15
I log MY tradeskiller with 100 SL and get in the way :p

ohno the SL loss... run a few missions and all is fine..
100 soullight = impossible to hack?
not, my PPU hacks 100 soullight, and has 100 soullight himself.
ur belt wouldnt be safe if ur trying to test us :)
SL loss? might happen once that we _MIGHT_ hit u.
but bring ur ppu :D
only hacked good stuff from PPU belts :lol:

RogerRamjet
12-01-05, 01:10
I love you ice.

Pungent77
12-01-05, 02:39
ohno the SL loss... run a few missions and all is fine..
100 soullight = impossible to hack?
not, my PPU hacks 100 soullight, and has 100 soullight himself.
ur belt wouldnt be safe if ur trying to test us :)
SL loss? might happen once that we _MIGHT_ hit u.
but bring ur ppu :D
only hacked good stuff from PPU belts :lol:
You cant get past my security mechanism :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
13-01-05, 06:46
ice you BAD BAD boy :) stalker what up fool !!! hows life :P

Pungent77
13-01-05, 08:31
ice you BAD BAD boy :) stalker what up fool !!! hows life :P
Good....hope to see you soon, Terra is a madhouse....you'll have fun :lol:

Bugs Gunny
13-01-05, 10:56
100SL belts are not safe at all.
I hack them on my hc pe with a drug and self buffed (117 hack)

We however have another strategy to keep our belts safe:
Lom Addict (clannie) dies all over the map on purpose, just to keep the belthackers busy all day long (hehehehe)

P.S. We are constantly cracking up on TS, because we can't go anywhere without finding at least 3 of his belts in two zones. God bless you Andy :-)

Kopaka
13-01-05, 13:06
117 hack and u hack 100sl belts?
not possible.
id like to see u hack my belt then

@Stalker,
who was that dude who said that again?
oh hahah yeah Heavyporker
we robbed his store :D

LiL T
13-01-05, 13:11

Lom Addict (clannie) dies all over the map on purpose, just to keep the belthackers busy all day long (hehehehe)

P.S. We are constantly cracking up on TS, because we can't go anywhere without finding at least 3 of his belts in two zones. God bless you Andy :-)

It is possible but only after like 50 trys I got a spy with over 120 hack and some belts are virtualy impossible to hack

Bugs Gunny
13-01-05, 13:12
I hacked the Duranium4 pants out of my melee tank's belt last night.
Several people were there to be witness to that.

I haven't seen much difference between 75+sl belts and 100 sl belts either. They all have several impossible attempts on them, even with 163 hack.

Kopaka
13-01-05, 13:21
hack my belt, ill put stam booster in it or something

/edit

btw ive seen ppl in citycom having over 100 sl.. how u do that? :p

/another edit

those ppl werent gms... 1 was in my nc1 clan but he didnt know how to

Kopaka
13-01-05, 13:27

Like when my and 2 melee tanks killed ur team and hacked ur pa4?

Spermy
13-01-05, 17:07
hack my belt, ill put stam booster in it or something

OMG WTF H4X TBH IRL BYOB ETC OAP PPYU. Hehe - I'd love to have 100 sl and have some ass hack me belt only to find chitin or summat lame - or one of my custom dogtags...

/edit
btw ive seen ppl in citycom having over 100 sl.. how u do that? :p

Carebear TBH :D

/another edit

Hehehehe

E. Cryton
13-01-05, 22:10
omg, u still using nc_h4ck-files beta 3.1 ?
u should dl the new one :rolleyes:

UnderLoK
13-01-05, 22:19

:lol: I saw his belts all over the place the other day. Seemed like every zone I hit had a few of his belts in it.

Pungent77
13-01-05, 23:34

how does that keep your belts safe?........i'm a lil slow

Bugs Gunny
14-01-05, 11:23
I was not being serious about it...... It's a little inside joke we have on teamspeak, but i'm sure most people will have tripped over some of his belts and hurt themselves.

Lom addict is a driver btw, and you could say he's not a carebear :-)

Kopaka
14-01-05, 11:54
is he aint a carebear he should join ncat :lol:

Bugs Gunny
14-01-05, 11:58
True... then his ppu will pick up his belts for him all the time ;)

sultana
14-01-05, 13:08
True... then his ppu will pick up his belts for him all the time ;)
:lol: There's two ppu's in ncat atm, and even then, I'm usually the only one ppuing... we don't exactly have an excess of them ;)

Then again, it's not very safe to be travelling the streets of Neocron as an ncat (usually with low sl :angel: ) without a ppu, now is it? :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
14-01-05, 14:17
:lol: There's two ppu's in ncat atm, and even then, I'm usually the only one ppuing... we don't exactly have an excess of them ;)

Then again, it's not very safe to be travelling the streets of Neocron as an ncat (usually with low sl :angel: ) without a ppu, now is it? :rolleyes:

most clans have more PPU's than NCAT have members...

it wont stop the accusations aimed at us :D

do we still own the OP we hacked last night or has it been ninja'd / zerg'd?

Kopaka
14-01-05, 19:46
its been ninja'd.
yes, sultana and me are the only ppus in ncat.
but..
i dont get this, enlighten me.. maybe its just me.
if some1 is allied PKing, noone gives a fuck.
if ncat does it, everyone is in panic and screams over alliance chat "ncat is PKing as fucking usuall"

plz.. we dont deserve all the credit for PKing..
only people now who get attacked in the city are:

Shogun Assassin
lonely highranking PPUs (i want all ur belts, got nothing but good shit from ppu belts :D)

jk, just Shogun Assassin and runners who attack us (not provoce, attack)
unless 1 person gets really annoying and acting retarded then he dies also
ask toilet duck

Spermy
14-01-05, 19:53
its been ninja'd.
but..
if ncat does it, everyone is in panic and screams over alliance chat "ncat is PKing as fucking usuall"

Shogun Assassin
lonely highranking PPUs (i want all ur belts, got nothing but good shit from ppu belts :D)

ask toilet duck

Classic dude :p

Kopaka
14-01-05, 20:06
gotta love it

Menome
14-01-05, 20:32
Hey, I'm just against griefing. NCAT seem to have a lot of bad publicity, but maybe this is due to past times?

Jesterthegreat
14-01-05, 21:47
Hey, I'm just against griefing. NCAT seem to have a lot of bad publicity, but maybe this is due to past times?

nah... wounded egos...

we killed people too well... still no one learned to stay buffed... they whined instead of using it as practice.

Maui
14-01-05, 22:09
nah... wounded egos...

we killed people too well...
cant help it :x

Oath
14-01-05, 22:09
The sl and faction system don't punish people for killing allies, however one moment someones your ally, the next an enemy.

A system has to be implemented to solve this.

virgil caine
14-01-05, 22:27
nah... wounded egos...

we killed people too well... still no one learned to stay buffed... they whined instead of using it as practice.

Well if its ok with you I will "practice" in NF. Not in Plaza 1, I walk around buffed for hours and as soon as my wife is talking to me and I don't dare act distracted is when my buffs run out and you walk by. LOL I know you have been "there" too.

E. Cryton
14-01-05, 22:32
Well if its ok with you I will "practice" in NF. Not in Plaza 1, I walk around buffed for hours and as soon as my wife is talking to me and I don't dare act distracted is when my buffs run out and you walk by. LOL I know you have been "there" too.
blame ur wife.

virgil caine
14-01-05, 22:39
blame ur wife.

I never thought of that.

E. Cryton
14-01-05, 22:41
I never thought of that.

if she hadnt distract u, u would not have been killed ...
:rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
15-01-05, 00:46
its been ninja'd.
but..

Shogun Assassin

ask toilet duck w00t teh karl is owning Noobs! :P
maybe thats what he did with the sasauge I sent him!
OMFG I know NCATs Weakness!!!!!!!!!!!!
SASUAGE!

Kopaka
15-01-05, 01:59
erm i said hes attacking us.. he fails everytime..
but yeh if i was highranking ppu in plaza1 without a clan id be careful cuz i want some new spells.. and i aint researching or constructing them :D

Darkener
15-01-05, 07:00
erm i said hes attacking us.. he fails everytime..
but yeh if i was highranking ppu in plaza1 without a clan id be careful cuz i want some new spells.. and i aint researching or constructing them :D
Yeah like any clanless ppu that you dont know is good has any good spells probably store bought crap. OMG though this thread needs some water to put it out.

Kopaka
15-01-05, 14:27
ill take my chances.
hybrids are fun to kill, theyre bound to drop something good
(only gotten good stuff from ppus and hybrids so far)

Menome
15-01-05, 21:16
In my last moments, i'd like to add that despite the fact I'm leaving due to grief Pking, I was NEVER attacked by a member of NCAT.

Mr Kot
15-01-05, 23:01
I have the sorry anouncement to make that I will be leaving Neocron as of this moment in time, and as such NewsNet will also have to be shut down.

This is not due to KK or problems with Terra, those are expected on any MMORPG, but is due to the community. As much as I like most of the people there, there are some genuine idiots here, and I refuse to pay money each month to be killed over and over again.

My character Menome can no longer function due to having no money due to constant grief killing, and cannot do missions to actually get more money due to grief killing.

Well fucking done, guys. :rolleyes:

and for the record, i don't give a damn whether it was pro or anti or neutral killing that led to yet another paying customer to quit, it was the repetitiveness of the kills that have done the damage.

My characters kill reds too when necessary. If the poor sod comes straight back for his belt, or asks me not to kill him again, i warn him that others aren't as nice as me and suggest he leave quickly. I don't need to kill him again, i go look for another victim. It's called fair play. Yes, PLAY. It's a game. The person (yes, PERSON) on the other end of the line is sat at a keyboard in front of a monitor just like you and me. We play NC for enjoyment. When people become bullies or show off their massive e-penii "because they can", they lose their playmates.

People are already moaning that there aren't enough people to kill or that the server populations are low, or that you're bored... whatever... so is grief killing the way to make people stick around for more fun?

So to those people, red or green who have caused another player to quit, you've just shot yourself in the foot. Congratulations.

Riddle
15-01-05, 23:23

and for the record, i don't give a damn whether it was pro or anti or neutral killing that led to yet another paying customer to quit, it was the repetitiveness of the kills that have done the damage.

My characters kill reds too when necessary. If the poor sod comes straight back for his belt, or asks me not to kill him again, i warn him that others aren't as nice as me and suggest he leave quickly. I don't need to kill him again, i go look for another victim. It's called fair play. Yes, PLAY. It's a game. The person (yes, PERSON) on the other end of the line is sat at a keyboard in front of a monitor just like you and me. We play NC for enjoyment. When people become bullies or show off their massive e-penii "because they can", they lose their playmates.

People are already moaning that there aren't enough people to kill or that the server populations are low, or that you're bored... whatever... so is grief killing the way to make people stick around for more fun?

So to those people, red or green who have caused another player to quit, you've just shot yourself in the foot. Congratulations.

100% agree this sucks to see new members leaving, It sucks to see old members leaving.

KK if your monitoring cancellation numbers as i'm sure any competent company would your probably aware of the dwindling numbers on the servers as i have seen it drop so there must be some reason??

figure it out and quick before this game dies :(

Asurmen Spec Op
15-01-05, 23:32

So to those people, red or green who have caused another player to quit, you've just shot yourself in the foot. Congratulations. indeed
:(
youll be missed men

E. Cryton
15-01-05, 23:45
so is grief killing the way to make people stick around for more fun?

explain grief killing.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-01-05, 23:51
explain grief killing. randomly killing people or
he ganks your alt so you come with your main to kill him

E. Cryton
15-01-05, 23:54
randomly killing people or
he ganks your alt so you come with your main to kill him
its grief playing to raid crp ?
well, if i raid crp i randomly kill ppl.
and if its griefplaying if i want revenge for my killed alt ?

Asurmen Spec Op
15-01-05, 23:59
its grief playing to raid crp ?
well, if i raid crp i randomly kill ppl.
and if its griefplaying if i want revenge for my killed alt ? 1: no
2:not really
3: yes it is greifplaya

its not grief play if you RAID. if you sit there and say"come get your belt" and kill em when they come thats greif
or SOME peoples passtime of gunning down random peolple in plaza for no reason(ehem!)

E. Cryton
16-01-05, 00:09
1: no
2:not really
3: yes it is greifplaya

its not grief play if you RAID. if you sit there and say"come get your belt" and kill em when they come thats greif
or SOME peoples passtime of gunning down random peolple in plaza for no reason(ehem!)
in that case i'm an evil griefplayer and ppl leaving becoz of the way i play.
wow.

edit.: if i raid crp i kill ppl randomly.

Mr Kot
16-01-05, 01:28
explain grief killing.

Grief killing is where a player causes distress or discomfort to another by taking advantage of game mechanics to repeatedly kill their character when they have little or no chance to reciprocate. Using psychological tactics to do this or to aid and abet another to do this can also be constituted as grief play.

Killing another character of a similar level as you who is similarly ready for combat is not grief killing. If your victim waits for SI, gets repoked and comes back for revenge fully combat ready, it is a fair fight. If you kill this person again, this is not grief killing. Killing a person at a generep more than twice with intent to steal items from their quickbelt, or to aid and abet, counsel or procure another to do so is regarded as grief killing.

Repeatedly causing another person to believe their character is safe from harm before killing it is regarded as grief killing. This includes choosing to kill characters in a place commonly used for the congregation of non-hostile factions where they have insufficient warning that you are a potential threat to them. Choosing a random allied target can be regarded as grief killing as they have no idea that you are about to target them and the absence of a valid reason for this denies them an opportunity to defend themselves from future occurrences.

In short, causing an atmosphere of fear for players who don't "know the score" such as new players isn't a nice thing. It's not fair play.

If you want to fight, go fight reds or clans that are known to be at war with you. Fight fair. Epic kills require a combat rank within ten of your own, so try to apply this to your own PKs. If u accidentally kill someone far lower and u didn't realise until too late, a word from you via DM wouldn't go amiss.

If you are in duelling in Neofrag and u kill the other person many times over and he is obviously never going to win, expect him to leave Neofrag shortly. Now think what would happen if u do this to someone outside of Neofrag.

Play fair. Enjoy the game, but help others to enjoy it too.

You don't own the place.

Freaky Fryd
16-01-05, 01:49
Killing a person at a generep more than twice with intent to steal items from their quickbelt, or to aid and abet, counsel or procure another to do so is regarded as grief killing.

So this makes me wonder...

Example:
I'm in DOY with another pro-city spy and we kill a TG at the FA GR.
The other spy hacks his belt, while I watches over him.
TG guy taps out to the same GR

Choice:
A) Let him live, losing the item(s) in the belt, because he'll open it, loot it and GR out
B) Kill him again

The only way I can see someone getting around the 'griefing' (as per the quote above), is that they hack the first belt and leave the rest alone...

I can understand coming right back in hopes of getting your belt...it's a gamble...but when it doesn't work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and more times...and you're losing more items...I can only see 3 options:
1) The person is dumb
2) The person is furious and not thinking about the consquences of their actions at all
3) The person doesn't feel they have anything of value

Regardless, if the person keeps coming back I think they deserve any deaths/losses that occur (unless they're real newb, in which case I usually leave them alone after the first kill/realizing...unless they stand there and mouth off... ;) )

E. Cryton
16-01-05, 02:27
Killing a person at a generep more than twice with intent to steal items from their quickbelt, or to aid and abet, counsel or procure another to do so is regarded as grief killing.

well, if that person is that stupid and keeps on coming back while i'm at the gr its his/her own fault, and this has nothing to do with grief play.

Kopaka
16-01-05, 04:55
Grief killing is where a player causes distress or discomfort to another by taking advantage of game mechanics to repeatedly kill their character when they have little or no chance to reciprocate.

if u kill some1 and u wanna hack his/her belt, but that person just keeps genrepping back to retrieve the belt YOU WANT TO HACK... do you keep killing him?
if u know 100% sure he dropped his PA or a rare.. would u not kill him?

dont say no.. noone will believe it

i would.. only if i know he dropped PA or a rare

and what Freaky Fryd said... i think everybody thinks the way he said it

Spermy
16-01-05, 16:51
The sl and faction system don't punish people for killing allies, however one moment someones your ally, the next an enemy.

A system has to be implemented to solve this.

Thats the one problem.

SL is Borked, but justr because something is annoying you can't scream rework. It's Fixable, We fixed in the dome. Go fix ;)

Mr Kot
16-01-05, 17:26
Example:
I'm in DOY with another pro-city spy and we kill a TG at the FA GR.
The other spy hacks his belt, while I watches over him.
TG guy taps out to the same GR

Choice:
A) Let him live, losing the item(s) in the belt, because he'll open it, loot it and GR out
B) Kill him again

Both are fine. Killing him one more time to prevent him getting his first belt is quite acceptable. Doing this over and over and over and over is the problem. When i was a noob, i was PKed outside MB by a solo killer. My belt was being hacked and i made an attempt to retrieve it. I mistimed this attempt, so i got killed again. Being more determined this time, i tried again and got the belt, but was shot down as i made my escape. Later, the PKer invited me to his apartment (this was when MB appts were safe zones) to return my second belt. Of course, he kept the first and i accepted my loss. I was gracious in defeat and i thought the PKer was very sporting. We chatted for a bit and parted company on good terms. That's what i call fair play.

It's all part of the fun (and a gamble) to attempt to retrieve a valuable item in the belt knowing the probability of losing another item, maybe less valuable. Then again, maybe not. Some people enjoy gambling.

This brings me to this point:

if u kill some1 and u wanna hack his/her belt, but that person just keeps genrepping back to retrieve the belt YOU WANT TO HACK... do you keep killing him?
if u know 100% sure he dropped his PA or a rare.. would u not kill him?

dont say no.. noone will believe it

i would.. only if i know he dropped PA or a rare

First of all, i will have no clue that the person has come back for the belt, as i will be in the hackscreen.

Second, i have little idea what is in the belt until it is hacked a good 30 seconds later. The only time i will be certain what is in a belt is if the victim's PA disappears off his body when he dies. How can you be 100% sure he dropped a rare?

Third, if for whatever reason i don't start the hack straight away and i see the person come back for his belt, i may well kill him. I never said there was a problem with that. He took a gamble and lost, just as i took the gamble in waiting before hacking. I just wouldn't repeat the process more than twice as i know how it would feel to lose too much stuff. How dumb the person may be to do this is immaterial. I play fair.

I can understand coming right back in hopes of getting your belt...it's a gamble...but when it doesn't work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and more times...and you're losing more items...I can only see 3 options:
1) The person is dumb
Maybe. Their RL intelligence is no concern of mine. Do unto others... etc.

2) The person is furious and not thinking about the consquences of their actions at all
Maybe. If they're getting angrier all the time, is it nice to antagonise them further? Are they just angry in role play, or is the person controlling the character becoming angry enough to quit? Read Menome's post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1738162#post1738162) carefully before u answer this one.

3) The person doesn't feel they have anything of value
In that case, he's probably just doing it for a laugh, or for CON. In that case i probably couldn't be bothered to hack over twenty quickbelts. For all i know, it may be a ploy to distract me while he summons a gang of friends over to kill me while im in hackscreen. Again, i know when enough is enough.

Cliffraiser
16-01-05, 20:30
Id keep killing the person at the gr regardless if hes a n00b or not. Im there and if hes red he shouldnt be there, im not forcing him to keep gring there. so its his own fault for loosing his stuff, and its not griefplay. Griefing is when you go to a noobies appartment who just took his le out and doesnt have any other grs. If you killing that person over and over not giving him a chance to gr anywhere else as he doesnt have any other grs IS griefing.

virgil caine
16-01-05, 20:42
Grief killing is when it stops being fun for the other person. This is a game and as has been said many ways, people are here to have fun. Ask yourself if you would like being done the same way, if your honest answer is no then its grief killing.

You can pound sand up your ass, just because you can, does it mean you should ? There comes a time even in RL where both sides agree that enough is enough. Everyone has had fun now lets call a truce and clean up the mess. Thats what you need to do in the game too. Don't ruin the experience for the next guy, let him have fun too.

E. Cryton
16-01-05, 22:33
Grief killing is when it stops being fun for the other person.

its not fun for me if u hack our ops.
op-hacking = grief play

Spermy
17-01-05, 13:10
its not fun for me if u hack our ops.
op-hacking = grief play

Dude, it reads Grief killing!

Self owned TBH. :p :lol: Just kidding.

To be honest guys, everyone is going to define greifplay in thier own way to suit thier own ends, KKs description is so open to interpretation it could be a philosophy exam. :rolleyes:

Ministry
17-01-05, 13:14
i got accused if griefing for just killing someone once at MB, next thing i know ive got him spamming my direct chat calling my a griefer and anything else he could think of :lol:

Weazle
17-01-05, 14:15
Guys I just have to say something positive in this thread for once :p

Last night on Terra (Sunday 11pm-midnight GMT) when TG raided NC, I applaud the collective pro-city effort to get rid of the rebel scum :D :D

From what I heard there was hardly any alliance pk'ing, people forgot grudges and tried to oust those rebels so *claps* :)

Jesterthegreat
17-01-05, 14:19
i got accused if griefing for just killing someone once at MB, next thing i know ive got him spamming my direct chat calling my a griefer and anything else he could think of :lol:

happens constantly.

and as above... everyone tailors descriptions to meet their own attitudes.

until KK give us a solid description it will all be opinion.

E. Cryton
17-01-05, 17:32
To be honest guys, everyone is going to define greifplay in thier own way to suit thier own ends, KKs description is so open to interpretation it could be a philosophy exam. :rolleyes:

thats what i wanted to say.

its not grief killing (happy now, spermy -.- ? ) just becoz its no fun for the killed person.
its would be grief killing/play if u would do something with the
only intention to annoy someone.

bi0
17-01-05, 17:34
HAHAHAHA NCAT > you

Jesterthegreat
17-01-05, 21:32
HAHAHAHA NCAT > you

always wonderful posts from you :p