PDA

View Full Version : Terminators and Strange Books... will they come back?

Heavyporker
04-01-05, 05:26
Come on, KK...

I know the idea might have caused fits for you...

but can't you bring back the strange books and terminator? The run would add so much depth!

So what if the strange books drop so rarely?!

Hot-Salsa
04-01-05, 11:55
far as i know....termi is a rare rifle aka Tech parts.... O_o

Osirix
04-01-05, 11:59
you need 5 L parts du build a termi :D

why a run ? :p

spongeb0b
04-01-05, 13:47
because it was origionally intended as a run... also some people dislike the long boring search for techs... a run is a lil different which is good it adds variety to the game

Weazle
04-01-05, 15:05
Runs are good break from the usual timesinks for good weapons.

But at the moment I'd rather have KK concentrate on the bug fixes ;)

Callash
04-01-05, 15:09
Last time I tried to implement those Strange Books, I stumbled upon various bugs that I couldn't explain at all. With these bugs in however, it is impossible to implement Strange Books without serious exploits. So before that idea returns, we have to figure out what those weird bugs are about.

Brammers
04-01-05, 16:00
@ Heavyporker - Terminator parts are dropping as L's. With the glove and implant chips parts removed from the rare pool, you got a good chance of getting a Terminator part, if you pick up a L part.

However yeah, I want to see the Terminator run in.

Last time I tried to implement those Strange Books, I stumbled upon various bugs that I couldn't explain at all. With these bugs in however, it is impossible to implement Strange Books without serious exploits. So before that idea returns, we have to figure out what those weird bugs are about.

Well if the drop rate was a problem, then look at the WoC mobs in the WoC labs. Been doing those a lot, and so far I have only seen 1 disc. IIRC the drop rate for the strange books was supposed to be insanely low, like the WoC discs.

Nikabolokov
04-01-05, 16:24
Are the mobs in the ceres labs supposed to drop nothing other than computer junk??

I musta have hacked 5 and thats all they had in them.

Heavyporker
04-01-05, 17:32
:9

:(

Well, then, Callash, why not just simply increase the duration of the Terminator mission, and have it be started by a NPC in a very out of the way place, so it'd be pretty difficult to spam the mission for terminators? Something about 2x the length of an epic sounds about right.

Brammers
04-01-05, 17:55
Just make sure it's 2x the length of the Crahn epic. :D

retr0n
04-01-05, 18:30
Just make sure it's 2x the length of the Crahn epic. :D

Yes, increase the lengts, good idea, however, do something else besides run to
point x then to point y then talk to a guy at point z then back to point x to give
some git a candy bar, then go to point a to deliver a poison gland... etc, you
get the point.

Make the mission hard, not simply time requiring...

- Primate

Heavyporker
04-01-05, 21:28
True. and emotionally involving as well.

How about a mission to GET the strange book, which THEN starts the terminator run?

That way, you get a properly long task!

retr0n
04-01-05, 23:26
True. and emotionally involving as well.

How about a mission to GET the strange book, which THEN starts the terminator run?

That way, you get a properly long task!

Yeah, and no worries about the drop rate messing up.

CMaster
05-01-05, 00:30
IMO, the game needs some more real 'quests'. As far as I can see, the Epics are pretty much all there is. I've been doing the NEXT epic steps as soon as I can because they are teh only intereting point as I level up, not especially because I want the reveller (although I do).
The rest of the time, all the excitement of 'quickjobs' is pretty thin. I'm happy going and levelling some times, but please, something a bit more interesting, on the way up as well, not just for high-ranks.

Heavyporker
05-01-05, 18:08
Yeah....And to make it even more appealing, the terminator part drop rate could be slightly adjusted downward each week, until only you can get it through the mission.

CMaster- even off-the-cuff quickie missions from street citizenry would inject a lot more interest and excitement. I've been working on thinking of compelling backstories, but other things have been taking up all my attention.

Cruzbroker
05-01-05, 20:04
THE Run could include PK-missions and some "kill the Kri'nakh Shaman" etc. where you need A TEAM etc. So it would require alot of sickening time of finding ppl to do it with you..

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 20:50
Are the mobs in the ceres labs supposed to drop nothing other than computer junk??

I musta have hacked 5 and thats all they had in them.

damn that made me laugh...

people spend days hunting them and dont find anything. they are like 1/10000 chance of drop or something. (note: i have no idea on the actual figure)

Nikabolokov
05-01-05, 21:00
LOL nooo, I meant I hacked 5 in a row and got only that 1 in each mob.

Im sure I have been down before and they have dropped other items that were more valuable
:)

Jesterthegreat
05-01-05, 21:15
LOL nooo, I meant I hacked 5 in a row and got only that 1 in each mob.

Im sure I have been down before and they have dropped other items that were more valuable

other thanwoc disks its comp junk, glass, glands etc... stuff worth like3 credits.

Nikabolokov
05-01-05, 21:58
Hmmph, OK. I take your word for it.

Could have sworn.. but ok, must have been whe I was worse for wear.

Heavyporker
06-01-05, 01:50
Killing bosses doesn't sound very appealing. I mean, geez, everyone and their mother have took cracks at the Chaos Queen, if you know what I mean.

I had something more in mind like either killing another runner or something to harvest their dogtags to make the terminator with.. ya know.. "From the spoils of death, is the weapon of death made."

Morganth
06-01-05, 03:41
I had something more in mind like either killing another runner or something to harvest their dogtags to make the terminator with.. ya know.. "From the spoils of death, is the weapon of death made."

Yeah, but they'd have to be tags of runners over a certain rank, or you could just GR kill some n00b (of an enemy faction) for symp, harvest the tags and sell off the termis.

Personally I think the run should involve going back in time in order to save your self in the past, where people turn to liquid when they get shot at :lol:

Latent Entropy
06-01-05, 05:08
If they do implement a "epic run" for the termy, just dont have it like the old Monk PA when it was 1st out.

Long arse queues that lead deep into the wasteland, and lets not forget the anormous amount of PK-ing / Killing the NPC there was just waiting for the npc to spawn/ to speak to :lol:

StrongSad
06-01-05, 06:45
if they make a very hard quest for the termi it will limit the people who can do them to members of clans. For example, if they have to go into a very difficult level 3 cave it will take a large group, and a lot of solo players wont be able to do that. :\

Then you have the problem of finishing the long, hard quest and ending up with a randomly made 0 slot termi.... once again :\

Obsidian X
06-01-05, 20:12
if they make a very hard quest for the termi it will limit the people who can do them to members of clans. For example, if they have to go into a very difficult level 3 cave it will take a large group, and a lot of solo players wont be able to do that. :\

Then you have the problem of finishing the long, hard quest and ending up with a randomly made 0 slot termi.... once again :\

I reckon if the Termi run comes back, then the end product should be all arti with random slottage. Otherwise, as correctly pointed out, you could end up with a crap quality one with no slots. For doing a tedious quest, you should be rewarded with an artifact quality weapon (like the epic ones), but it should still drop in Quickbelt and still deteriorate like other weapons.

Matthew.v.smith
07-01-05, 11:41
While your at it make a Fire Termi actually good for something.

Matty.

retr0n
07-01-05, 13:13
While your at it make a Fire Termi actually good for something.

Matty.

Sex @ Matty :)
Long time no see m8... You still around?
(<< Radium)

Matthew.v.smith
07-01-05, 15:27
Sex @ Matty :)
Long time no see m8... You still around?
(<< Radium)

Sex @ j00 ^^

Yeah sure m8 i'm around still just havent been on for a while because of the Implant bug and the low Pvp count :(
I'll be logging on more freq soon tho once thing's pick up again :)

What time's are you on m8?

Matty :)

Weazle
07-01-05, 15:43
Or you can make the run a bit shorter ..... on the run you can trade about 1 or 2 strange books for a Termi part ... parts are random so you'll need to do a whole bunch of runs ... NPCs to trade for parts should be random too with a pool of about 5 NPCs in different zones .... then its up to the runner getting a decent constructor to build ... you can only do one run at a time so if it takes about 20 mins to do one run then it'll take almost 2 hours to get 5 parts, some of which may be duplicates.

Making it artifact for rare straight off the bat will make it overpowered even if its zero slots.

Heavyporker
11-01-05, 17:21
lost track of this thread - hello there weazle.

About strange books for a couple Terminator parts, seems a bit too complicated..

even for getting a full set, it'd take someone quite a while to complete the full run.

Making a mission take random NPCs gets hairy, quickly.