PDA

View Full Version : Installing Two Neocrons

Goa'uld
04-01-05, 00:50
Ok i have two neocron accounts and i wish to be able to use both at the same time, problem is this caused problems with client.exe

So i installed neocron twice in different directorys neocron2 and neocron2doy

When ever i run one and change the port, it changes for the other too, they seem to both be using the same client.exe (comes up with the warning ETC.)

Have i missed something?

Thanks in Advanced

Lexxuk
04-01-05, 01:05
That used to happen to me in NC1, usualy what I'd do is use the same directory, not make a copy, run NC from that, wait until I'm in game world, then open the ini file, change port number and launch NC again.

aelfkins
04-01-05, 01:05
You used to be able to run two N1 on the same computor, by changing the ports on one. They changed it towards the end so that you could only run one(kk gave you a way to run more than one at a time but it made your comp crash real hard, but they warned you about this before hand). This probably carried over into N2

:)

Agent L
04-01-05, 02:06
uhm, maybe you've both shortcuts leading to one dir?
Or you've changed wrong setting?

BTW 2 crons on 1 comp makes no problems with client.exe, it gives "Join proxy session failed" error.

Morganth
04-01-05, 08:23
What will happen is both your shortcuts will lead to the same directory, so you have to manually create the shortcuts and double check they point at the two different copies of NC2. You then have to manually change "neocron.ini" as well with the local port settings (although if the shortcuts are setup correctly you can do it in the launcher, but its always a good precaution).