PDA

View Full Version : wtf^^

Uho
03-01-05, 01:40
Getting more and more sick of windows,
Anyone tried nc2 with wine Linux Windows emulator?

does it work? how bad does the lag go?

seriously trying to get rid of windows.....
and kk should also make pure linux client....
only reason i have windows is coz i play neocron :)

LaZyBoY
03-01-05, 02:07
Sexy uho :angel:

Xeno LARD
03-01-05, 02:14
I got it working in NC1, (DX7 then) and that was.. fun. Better FPS, lol.

Not tried with NC2, It was hard work. But use Gentoo as it's sexier then a female PE, and it's what I got it working on ;).

jini
03-01-05, 08:57
I'm seriously thinking of purchacing one of those new imacs with the G5, in order to move all personal stuff there, leaving windowz do things like gaming or using software that cannot be installed in the mac. As I am right now, I have split pc to 2 partitions. one for games another for work. do this if you dont yet. gaming partition is just a clean install with the LEAST software you need to just play games. Avoid messing with linux for that purpose

eLcHi
03-01-05, 10:31
imho i don`t think it will work properly ...

If you are looking for a stable system to play NC on i would suggest a WinXP 64-Bit ... i heard that plays NC pretty stable

Masentaja
03-01-05, 11:26
Hmm... I must be one of the lucky guys , 'cause I never had problems with windows2k, just been keeping it up to date, service packs and all that, all other OS's doesn't seem to like me.

dem0n
03-01-05, 11:44
you can get NC2 to work perfectly with Windows, with a max 2 FRE per 24h play :P.

you'll just have to wait for stable DX9 support to port it on Linux. MacOS is good, but it's very oriented. it's mostly meant for DTP, working with graphics etc.

netster
03-01-05, 13:06
If you are looking for a stable system to play NC on i would suggest a WinXP 64-Bit ... i heard that plays NC pretty stable
haha .... who told ya? ;D i can confirm this ..... more stable than (normal) XP, and i am still using all the alpha/beta drivers for all devices. the soundcards needed some haxoring, because the driver detects my card as another (onboard sound Asus K8V), but found it fast in google.

DL it here ...
https://microsoft.order-9.com/winxp64/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=MSTrialandEval&category%5Fname=winxp64&product%5Fid=winxp64&id=dl

its a free beta afaik, all 32-bit programs running in kinda 32bit-shell, its kinda much better for your cron. i 1/4 my FREs with it, hit some more frames, yesterday i just had 2FRE's+1VC++ in about 8 hours, just my gig ram didnt made it too much, i was loming later and just had about xx/900 left of my normal starting rate of xx/19xx of memory.

Hedit : ah ... the download is the AMD64 version, i got a AMD64 3200+ 1MB cach/9800pro/Asus K8V (onboard sound+lan)/1gb DDR400

netster
03-01-05, 13:13
ah btw ..... PLS GIVE US A LINUX PORT!!!111 >_< i would directly go to gentoo all over.

athon
03-01-05, 13:45
I doubt a linux port is likely. It would require a whole new graphics and sound API, moving from DirectX to OpenGL combined with something like SDL / OpenAL. It would certainly be nice though.

At the present time I'd much rather they spent time fulfilling all the as yet unfulfilled promises - player shops anyone?

Athon Solo

Morpheous
03-01-05, 14:28
I am stable on Windows, never FRE, never crash.. just the occasional sync from my shit internet connection :)

Running Windows XP Home Edition. It it worth getting TweakXP and Omega Drivers, makes a huge difference if you know what you're doing.

And I only have 256MB RAM and a GeForce4...... upgrading to Corsair TwinX1024 soon :) 2-2-2-5 DDR433

Linux..... DirectX7 is an option, it might work. When Fedora finishes downloading i'll try it out with Wine.

Damn I love having 100GB of storage..... got Gentoo, XP, (Soon to be fedora) and some other random OSes.... :) and still enough for 10GB of music and 10GB of games.

My RAM's a bottleneck though. I get around 25-40 FPS in FA HQ, so someone with more RAM would get plenty more. DX7 due to shit gfx too.

jernau
03-01-05, 15:04
Hmm... I must be one of the lucky guys , 'cause I never had problems with windows2k, just been keeping it up to date, service packs and all that, all other OS's doesn't seem to like me.That's not unusual.

2K was and still is the best OS MS (or almost/maybe anyone) ever shipped.

In a way I'm really not looking forward to my pending move to 64-bit as it will mean having to pick one of several grossly inferior replacements :(.

On the original topic - Everyone I know that tried had problems with the text rendering. I think they all tried to use WineX so maybe there are other packages that work better.

Dribble Joy
03-01-05, 15:38
Same here, I hardly ever crash, only ever had about 3 FREs outside of a zoning (which is rare anyway) in my whole time in NC.

Kozmos
03-01-05, 19:04
imho i don`t think it will work properly ...

I'm on winXP 64bit, cant remember if last time i fataled it was on normal winxp pro or on pro64, I get around the same FPS, but.... for some reason my NC installes fucked up twice and stops loading the login screen properly...

only 1 problem with winxp 64 atm seems to be certain drivers, some normal windows drivers just dont wanna work on xp64 atall

tomparadox
03-01-05, 20:42
this may seem like a stupid question but can you install WinXP 64 bit on a non 64 bit prosseser? like intel P4 or somthing?

nvm, it says on the link he posted lmao. might half to try this on my spare HDD as a second OS.

damnit the DL dont work on that windows link >< anyone else having that problem?

netster
04-01-05, 10:30
this may seem like a stupid question but can you install WinXP 64 bit on a non 64 bit prosseser? like intel P4 or somthing?
will not work, because it got special AMD64 instructions ...

damnit the DL dont work on that windows link >< anyone else having that problem?
sry, its some months ago now, that i dl'ed it there... try to reg to receive the free cd...