PDA

View Full Version : Should Trade-NC Spam get cracked down on?

Heavyporker
02-01-05, 06:14
Friends... Countrymen... Neocronians. Lend me your dogtags.

Ok, this is a rather strong topic.

Simple. Everyone knows about this.

Yes or no.

Should someone be appointed to exclusively patrol the chat channels and bitchslap offenders to the point of their requiring dental repair?

TWOK
02-01-05, 06:40
As has been said many times before, punishment is not the answer. There needs to be a chat limit, say one message a minute or so.

SorkZmok
02-01-05, 07:02
As much as i love that idea, it woiuld just lead to people spamming alliance, ooc and help. Not that they are already. o_O
If someone spams, put him on ignore. Simple as that. I call em cunt, then put eom on ignore. And it works fine for me.

Dr Strange
02-01-05, 07:37
As much as i love that idea, it woiuld just lead to people spamming alliance, ooc and help. Not that they are already. o_O
If someone spams, put him on ignore. Simple as that. I call em cunt, then put eom on ignore. And it works fine for me.

Ignore list has a limit. 4 characters a person, doesn't always lead to the person using all 4 alts to chat spam/chat in Trade but it does happen.

Xylaz
02-01-05, 11:55
indeed, remove the limit off the ignore list and i wont be forced to mute every custom chanell except faction&zone.

triXter
02-01-05, 13:20
I think the public opinion on this is pretty clear http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118721
Something needs to be done :)

Dribble Joy
02-01-05, 13:21
Before I left for a little break fron NC about 3 weeks ago, I did notice that there was actually a GM patrolling the chat channels on the odd occation.
But yeah, remove the ignore limit.

Vanten
02-01-05, 13:39
i doubt it's a limit, but instead a certain array witch holds the names, and to decrease chances of taking upp to much power, they have a limit size

Ascension
02-01-05, 14:04
just think about the use of trade NC when (if) they add player shops, then people wishing to by can do so by going and searching out a bargain!

Less spam n shit going on in trade then because half of the type would of been converted to people going and looking at the shops ;)

Engelke
02-01-05, 15:51
Yes the spammers should be punished hard. That will keep it from spreading to other channels and trade can be used for the purpose it was created.

Darkener
02-01-05, 16:09
You could mute trade . Just turn it on and off when you need it. When your hunting or Pvping the last thing your looking at is trade your more focused on staying alive.

Terkantia
02-01-05, 16:43
Hell yes. ITs sometimes real tough to carry a convo on in help or one of the trade channels. Someone had suggedsted once a 30 sec delay in the trade channels and I think that is a great idea. Couple that with a wider array of diff channels and rthings may straighten out. OOC is ok, but add OOC-ALLIANCE and maybe ALLIANCE-OP as well. What about an ALLIANCE-TRADE too?

Not that the ALLIANCE channel gets a helluva lot of chatter as it is, but they would come in handy. =)

Havin' the help channel spammed is really fukkin annoying. Especially when tryin to help someone out who asked a question.

Terkantia
02-01-05, 16:45
You could mute trade . Just turn it on and off when you need it. When your hunting or Pvping the last thing your looking at is trade your more focused on staying alive.

I ahve thought about that, but for the most part, I score things off of trade at the most in-oppertune times. Got my MARINE and allot of BP work done that way., There is nothing like spammin all day for a resser, only to give up the goose and hit the dungeon, to have someone announce they are reppin, once I have hit the second lvl of El'Farid.

:rolleyes:

Mr Kot
02-01-05, 16:54
TRADE-NC> Kiddiot: NERF TEH SP4MZ0RZ!!!!!!!!
TRADE-NC> Trader: Shut up, u noob
TRADE-NC> GM: Stop spamming, please

Pungent77
02-01-05, 17:50
Yes, it should be cracked down on............but who will enforce it?

NeoDriver
02-01-05, 17:54
i would =D but im a 16/10 droner >.<

Mr Kot
02-01-05, 19:39
Seriously though, if a GM witnesses trade spammage, forget the multiple warnings followed by 3 day ban, just kick instantly from server for something like 30 mins to an hour. The login screen will say something like: YOU WERE KICKED FROM THE SERVER FOR BEING A SPAMTARD. HAVE A NICE DAY.

It's not as harsh as a 3 day ban and is quicker for the GM to do than spend ages typing multiple warnings then waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Repeat offences are unlikely as everyone knows how annoying it is waiting 30 mins (or whatever) while a server is down.

Jesterthegreat
02-01-05, 20:30
ITs sometimes real tough to carry a convo on in help or one of the trade channels.

that would be classed as spam... spam is not only the repeated message... its having conversations on trade / help.

Dr Strange
03-01-05, 01:12

Actually, no. I keep Trade on all the time, especially when I am hunting or staying alive. Why? You never know when you can catch a good deal, and I've got alot of great deals by keeping Trade NC and Trade DoY on all the time on all 4 of my characters.

Capt. Rik
03-01-05, 01:56
Yup spam or irrelevant posts are really annoying on any channel other than Local/OOC/Clan

Something should be done...