PDA

View Full Version : New HUD? Old HUD ?

Serpent
31-12-04, 13:39
hello there

do you want the old hud + fonts back too ?

greets serp

zii
31-12-04, 14:02
I like the new HUD, except sometimes (quite aften) I can't select the correct window because the other window is overlapping it. This is because the windows' borders seem hard to distinguish from each other.

I would also like to change the weapon target, perhaps from a built in list?

Anyhow, I didn't vote. Maybe later ;)

jernau
31-12-04, 15:19
Personally I want the old (NCLP) HUD back but I think we need the option as pst polls have shown that up to half the community want the nasty new one for some reason. I doubt anyone would really use it in practice if the old one returned but the option should be there.

LTA
31-12-04, 15:29
Prefered the old one without all the fancy frillyness on the borders and that, i find the new one gets in ma way alot

Mr Kot
31-12-04, 16:06
I don't mind the new HUD. I can tolerate the "in the way" frilly bits, but the F5 window is just too much.

I can't stand the new font though. The NC1 font was sexy.

What annoys me though, is the fact that KK get their knickers in a twist at the slightest mention of anyone manually tweaking fonts in their NC directory. A simple typeface cannot give anyone an unfair advantage so cannot be expoitable.

MkVenner
31-12-04, 16:11
it kinda feels like the new hud was just made to make things look drasticly different...tho the old old one wasnt much better, but i loved the NLpro one

Tratos
31-12-04, 16:15
I choose the middle options as:

I like the new HUD for its looks.

I liked the old/Dazz v.2 (aka NLPro) HUD for its useability.

And the fonts deppend on how tired i am when playing, lol.

[VP]Orion
31-12-04, 17:04
Since KK claimed we were gonna get this option to change between HUDs, isnt this poll rather pointless? Sure they said we were gonna get it some 5 patches ago or something but who's counting? ;)

Tostino
01-01-05, 11:13
I want the NLP hud back. BUT I also want KK to let me change my fucking crosshair :(

retr0n
01-01-05, 13:16
NC1 orignial, or NLPro hud, hell even the NC1 beta hud made by MJS... Any one
of those is better imo...

[KoS]Brad
01-01-05, 13:24
I prefer the NC1 HUD, maybe it would be best if they implimented a choice between the NC1 HUD and the NC2 HUD

retr0n
01-01-05, 13:25
Brad']I prefer the NC1 HUD, maybe it would be best if they implimented a choice between the NC1 HUD and the NC2 HUD

Yup, actually they have, according to patchnotes, but they have not yet
given us the option of switching between them.

[KoS]Brad
01-01-05, 13:26
Yup, actually they have, according to patchnotes, but they have not yet
given us the option of switching between them.

What patch was it?

retr0n
01-01-05, 13:27
Brad']What patch was it?

Aumm, give me a min to find it... I'll edit this post... And quit stalking me :p
---
Edit: Ok, so either i'm dreaming of this, or someone else can find it, I cant seem
to, but i'm pretty sure that it said somewhere that they had done the code
required to change huds or something, but they havent actually made it possible
for us yet... I dont know, as I mentioned, i might be dreaming.

[KoS]Brad
01-01-05, 13:30
[ edited ]

Xeron Brigs
17-01-05, 20:46
Personally I like the new hud better. It makes it look more futureistic.

MkVenner
17-01-05, 20:54
the hud i like the most if the old Beta 2 one i think it is, with the oxygen bar as well

retr0n
17-01-05, 21:07
the hud i like the most if the old Beta 2 one i think it is, with the oxygen bar as well

Yeah, that was the one I was talking about. Didnt MJS make that one himself?

jernau
17-01-05, 21:11
Yeah, that was the one I was talking about. Didnt MJS make that one himself?
So he once said.

Skusty
17-01-05, 21:28
i liked the old hud, the new is meseir i allmost dropped my gun when i did place it in slots :D

extract
17-01-05, 22:44
imo the new one is a bit better, it looks cooler, and for the people of whom "it gets in their way" you can always minimize ALL the windows except the one with your health and whatnot on it

Seven
19-01-05, 18:42
imo the new one is a bit better, it looks cooler, and for the people of whom "it gets in their way" you can always minimize ALL the windows except the one with your health and whatnot on it

Why would I want to "minimize" vital information?
If it's so bad where you have to do that, then something is wrong in the first place.

retr0n
19-01-05, 19:33
Why would I want to "minimize" vital information?
If it's so bad where you have to do that, then something is wrong in the first place.

Agreed.
All they need to do is implement the feature fully where you can switch huds
and everybody is happy. Choice is good.

MkVenner
19-01-05, 19:35
give us a choice between the present one, NC Classic, the NC Beta, and the NLpro one...mebbe a few other use submitted ones...

that'd rock

Dribble Joy
19-01-05, 19:39
give us a choice between the present one, NC Classic, the NC Beta, and the NLpro one...mebbe a few other use submitted ones...

that'd rock
A while ago, Iorghe said that they were working on a selection method.

Anywa, personally, the new one is better.

jernau
19-01-05, 21:47
A while ago, Iorghe said that they were working on a selection method.

Anywa, personally, the new one is better.
GP.

Has he left yet?

QUICK!!! Someone grab that man and frisk him for a decent HUD before he leaves.