PDA

View Full Version : DRE Appy

sanityislost
31-12-04, 09:48
Ok it could just be myself and a few others that think this but the DRE epic is
really pointless with the new appy system.

Any chance it could be changed for an appy with a large space that can be shared with other players?

SiL ..:..

msdong
31-12-04, 09:54
its a free app with lots of cabs - whats wrong about it? dont you think it isnt better them a bunch of grenades/drugs or a by chance 1 slot epic gun ?

f33StNeu$
31-12-04, 09:57
Any chance it could be changed for an appy with a large space that can be shared with other players?

I agree to the part "shared with ther players", I think it should be possible to make several runners owner of an apt. for example, you buy a lvl 3 apt for rare storage or so and you have both a researcher and a constructor.

it's plain annoying that you can't simply take both those chars into the apt to ress or constr.

sanityislost
31-12-04, 10:19
I agree to the part "shared with ther players", I think it should be possible to make several runners owner of an apt. for example, you buy a lvl 3 apt for rare storage or so and you have both a researcher and a constructor.

it's plain annoying that you can't simply take both those chars into the apt to ress or constr.

Yea it is evil....a friend had the idea of just having an xtra menu on the appy key
where you can add names like the buddy list. Not to sure how hard it would be
to code but it seems the best way.

Asurmen Spec Op
31-12-04, 11:05
Yea it is evil....a friend had the idea of just having an xtra menu on the appy key
where you can add names like the buddy list. Not to sure how hard it would be
to code but it seems the best way.

SiL ..:.. I doubt that would easy to program really
PS: you ganked my noob in FA :'(

spongeb0b
31-12-04, 11:53
HELL YES!!!! I've been wanting this a long time now and the dre appartment sux tbh it looks like crap has rotten boxes for cabinets and you can put more cabinets in your viarosso appartments that look outstanding I can't believe the biggest real estate agent in the future cannot manage more than an old storage cell (Listen to that word "cell") for their champions thats just plain tight fisted tbh

Mr Kot
31-12-04, 15:51
The idea is good, a large-ish apartment with 15 storage units, but why so drab?

My DRE reward in NC1 was in the outzone. This meant a train ride every time i wanted to visit. There was no generep in the apartment. The nearest public genereps are outzone station (complete with its resident TG team with swirlies trained on it) or outzone streetwork. It was just such a pain to get to that i never used it.

If the faction really wanted to reward you for your sterling work (and hell, u helped save the goddam company) they should at least give u a viarosso apartment with 15 nice looking cabs and a taggable GR.

LiL T
31-12-04, 15:59
KK should bin clan appys and replace with a new system any appy should be shareable apart from starter appy. This way we could have a clan with seperate apartments like maybe not every clan member should have access to all the clans rares know what I mean o_O

MkVenner
31-12-04, 16:17
yeah, and have the current clan apps as sorta penthous appartments, coz the TT clan app is nice, could turn the CA clan app and CM clan apps into CM lvl 2 and 3 apps :p

sanityislost
31-12-04, 17:50
yeah, and have the current clan apps as sorta penthous appartments, coz the TT clan app is nice, could turn the CA clan app and CM clan apps into CM lvl 2 and 3 apps :p

Lol....oi MkV leme see ur clan appy lol havent seen a CM one :p

mishkin
31-12-04, 18:19
its a free app with lots of cabs - whats wrong about it? dont you think it isnt better them a bunch of grenades/drugs or a by chance 1 slot epic gun ?

Heh, I did the cm epic, got a 4-slot gun... my friend did it on two chars at almost the same time, he got a 4-slot and a 5-slot :D (appy is shite tbh and it's always in outzone :p )

msdong
31-12-04, 18:31
... (appy is shite tbh and it's always in outzone :p )

if you usually live in doy the outzone is your place :D

Latent Entropy
31-12-04, 18:54
If your uber lucky like i was in nc1 with the DRE epic u get the appt which is right next to the DRE HQ.

virgil caine
31-12-04, 19:14
We have all seen the business owner that gave his/her employees lousy benefits. I suggest you try giving DRE your best but if you do not get the treatment you deserve, quit and get a job at another faction that gives its employees a fair shake.

Cerbious
31-12-04, 21:04
i agree DRE epic now shit, also CA epic.. i keep saying this whats point for a fully capped tank to wear armour which is worse then armour he could wear... i wanna wear my CA armour but it would most likly cost my life.

MkVenner
31-12-04, 21:15
well the NCPD PA gives more NRG than Duranium 4....unless they changed it again...but then again i always wear VK or Titan...

eprodigy
31-12-04, 21:26
the dre appartment almost had a use in NC1 if you didnt get it in the OZ but now with placeable cabinets you can get more then it has in one and they dont have to be rotten boxes...

i think they should give a luxury apartment better then even the VR 2/3, but its probably never going to change.

also just wondering - im assuming this is because their HQ is in plaza but shouldnt DRE runners start with the best starter apartment around ? they already do get the nicer clan apartment iirc instead of the cramped little CA one.

CMaster
01-01-05, 15:58
Yeah, I asked to see someones Epic appartment, and was pretty unimpressed. Ddn't seem very 'epic'. More mouldy, in fact. Yeah, lots of storage space - but why can't it have that AND look nice.

Sir ramic hobbs
02-01-05, 17:17
Guys not many people know this but you only get the appy in Oz if you activate it with a DRE char. Simply switch it to a Tangent char or something NEXt etc and activate it in that faction and wallah. You get your apt in Plaza 3

Cerbious
02-01-05, 17:46
u serious hobs thats news to me, is it the same moudly room? (silly question but have the urge to ask)

Sir ramic hobbs
02-01-05, 18:18
Yeah lol
Same room better location

mishkin
02-01-05, 19:11
Guys not many people know this but you only get the appy in Oz if you activate it with a DRE char. Simply switch it to a Tangent char or something NEXt etc and activate it in that faction and wallah. You get your apt in Plaza 3

I've activated all my 5 apps with a dre guy. Got 2 of them in plaza, and the rest in oz... :confused:

Mr Kot
02-01-05, 19:29

Sounds like coincidence to me. I thought all apartment locations were random. Your faction only has a bearing on the location of your starter apartment. CA, DRE, NEXT get plaza, BT, TT, PP get viarosso.

04-01-05, 14:22
the only complaint I have about the DRE Epic ap is the fact that you need to PvP/PK to get it and you cant put your LE back in after rank 30

Either let us put the LE in or [even better] take the PvP out of the Epic (even more difficult to find a Dragon runner of the correct rank now anyway!) maybe replace it with a spawned NPC equal to the players rank?

NeoDriver
04-01-05, 15:12
the only complaint I have about the DRE Epic ap is the fact that you need to PvP/PK to get it and you cant put your LE back in after rank 30

Either let us put the LE in or [even better] take the PvP out of the Epic (even more difficult to find a Dragon runner of the correct rank now anyway!) maybe replace it with a spawned NPC equal to the players rank?

or switch that part of the epic with another so that it requires a lower level

04-01-05, 17:16
or switch that part of the epic with another so that it requires a lower level

Still doesnt solve the problem for higher level runners

(for example runners who had already completed the epic in NC1, put the LE back in and then levelled above rank 30 (like me) or runners who move faction to DRE who are above rank 30)