PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 1

Bozz-Von Mel
31-12-04, 07:31
How much longer will the NC 1 servers be active? Thinking of just going back to NC1. Oh, and will my account still be there?

Pungent77
31-12-04, 09:05
NC1 servers remind me of one of those old Twilight Zone episodes when you wake up and you are the only one left on earth.

TheJesterReturn
31-12-04, 09:11
Stalker.. You scare me. Lets have a baby.

:)

Pungent77
31-12-04, 15:49
Stalker.. You scare me. Lets have a baby.

:)
Dont spam, then we can talk about having butt-babies :lol:

Bozz-Von Mel
31-12-04, 19:48
Then lets go back to NC 1 and gank anyone we see.

SorkZmok
31-12-04, 19:51
Then lets go back to NC 1 and gank anyone we see.That`d be /set kill_self 1

:D

eprodigy
31-12-04, 20:41
I'm guessing they won't be up for too long... Didn't they say they still had people with paid subscriptions to NC1 so they couldn't shut off the server or something.

I went on there the other night and there was a few guys there we had some fun neofragging. Its funny to see all the clans intact and members still in them its like a creepy ghost town... Some protopharm clan grabbed almost all the op's too ;)

Pungent77
31-12-04, 21:07
That`d be /set kill_self 1

:DLol, yup

amfest
01-01-05, 06:37
that's all I have . .. NC1 . .well at least till my OS went belly up and I had to install a OS again . . . :\

Debating if I should reinstall NC1 or not >_<

I don't want to really hassle with the pay service and I don't even know if nc2 will run for me since the beta client didn't . .though I know there have been fixes since then . . I had gotten a new vid card to try out and maybe finally get NC2. .but it's rejecting my system or something >_<

I think the holy forces might be trying to tell me something . . .

watch more anime!

BlackwooD
01-01-05, 09:01
Reading these post brings a tear to my eye..
Blessed were the days of Neocron
And Damn the days of the new.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-01-05, 18:28
Maybe we should all get together and buy the rights to the game. Setup our own server.

*Dazz*
01-01-05, 20:58
Maybe we should all get together and buy the rights to the game. Setup our own server.

Heard those ideas before for other games.....Last game I played that a certain company closed down, told someone that asked about buying the rights, 30,000 and it's yours... :eek:

TheJesterReturn
01-01-05, 21:22
WE want Neocron 1 back!

Pungent77
02-01-05, 17:55
Heard those ideas before for other games.....Last game I played that a certain company closed down, told someone that asked about buying the rights, 30,000 and it's yours... :eek:
Motor City Online? I wish someone would bring it back somehow ;)

Jesterthegreat
02-01-05, 18:24

ah yes... the solution which everyone thinks will be wonderfull...

KK spent millions on the servers alone (god knows how muchon bandwidth) and there were still random ping spikes and countless other probs... im sure the community would do much better :rolleyes:

we all cirtasize KK (me included) but to claim someone with no knowledge beyond being the end user could run an MMORPG better is just being stupid

jerrymaguire
02-01-05, 18:30
REVIVE SATURN

Jesterthegreat
02-01-05, 18:31
REVIVE SATURN

Terra doesnt feel llike saturn with a different item dist system?

about the same pop, about the same fuck ups... seems similar enough

*Dazz*
02-01-05, 23:31
Motor City Online? I wish someone would bring it back somehow ;)

:eek: How did you know? :p

Bozz-Von Mel
03-01-05, 02:15
ah yes... the solution which everyone thinks will be wonderfull...

KK spent millions on the servers alone (god knows how muchon bandwidth) and there were still random ping spikes and countless other probs... im sure the community would do much better :rolleyes:

we all cirtasize KK (me included) but to claim someone with no knowledge beyond being the end user could run an MMORPG better is just being stupid

Bad thing about forums, nobody understands sarcasim. :rolleyes:

Spent "millions" on servers? I hope they didn't. Unless we are talking about Pesos or Yen. Neocron could not have earned the millions to justify spending that much to setup one game. I spent $489.00 on NC over 2 years. Multiply this by 2000 people and your barely under 1 million in sales. I doubt 2000 people played for 2 years or had all had multiple accounts.

jernau
03-01-05, 03:42
Terra doesnt feel llike saturn with a different item dist system?

about the same pop, about the same fuck ups... seems similar enough
It's not Saturn so much as NC1 - the old HUD and customisations, no (or fewer) memory leaks, the old player models (which looked more "right" to many people), no spell-casting animations, an item distribution system that actually works, our old kit back, better FPS, no J5s on people's heads, FA and TG back where they should be, no P1 gank-tossers, etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't realistically suggest going back there as it's unsupported, broken (in the case of Saturn) and has single figure populations but it is shocking how much better than NC2 it looks and feels. There aren't many games where that is the case after an "upgrade".

jini
03-01-05, 09:26
It's not Saturn so much as NC1 - the old HUD and customisations, no (or fewer) memory leaks, the old player models (which looked more "right" to many people), no spell-casting animations, an item distribution system that actually works, our old kit back, better FPS, no J5s on people's heads, FA and TG back where they should be, no P1 gank-tossers, etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't realistically suggest going back there as it's unsupported, broken (in the case of Saturn) and has single figure populations but it is shocking how much better than NC2 it looks and feels. There aren't many games where that is the case after an "upgrade".
I second that.
I see a lot of people want to get back their old nc1, maybe I'm one amongst them, but we all need to look at this in a realistic way.
1. Us, the players: we can't expect to drive a company to shove all the work it has done for NC2 so far. Things cannot go back. What we can however is to press a little to fix things that are wrong. You know: broken promises, bugs etc etc. In an essence we need to press Reakktor to fix things that can be fixed

2. Reakktor: As an independent 3rd view observer, It seems to me you have lost track of the game, like you face some kind of "inside dissorientation". I say this based on the following assumptions: this is a pvp game and it was intended to focus more on this subject. I dont know what is the proportion of LEd ver NonLEd players are there but it seems that there are a lot of green players, driving all the rest to be a lot more aggresive. This together with maybe, an effort to boycott NC2 drives players being stupidly aggresive, leaving a really bad taste as to what game fun is. Add to that the obvious game bugs and missing content and you have what describes neocron and it's problems today. A solution is needed asap to address these probs, so that maybe some people reenable their accounts.

Pungent77
03-01-05, 10:49
:eek: How did you know? :p
Because I was a die hard fan........and what really tipped me over the edge was when they said they would send me a free copy of Sims Online :wtf:

Bugs Gunny
03-01-05, 12:02
If i were given the chance to take my chars back to NC1 i would.
The only things i like about NC2 is the guns on the back and in belt, and doy bombers.
I'm a fan of neocron, but looking back on it, i wonder if me paying the "upgrade" was worth it. Basicaly all it did was make me lose months of leveling etc... and being a saturn player, it also made me lose all the trading and leveling i had done the last few weeks.

*Dazz*
03-01-05, 14:40
Because I was a die hard fan........and what really tipped me over the edge was when they said they would send me a free copy of Sims Online :wtf:
Freaky....did I know you there? And back on topic, I think I rather woulda stayed in NC1 as well, I don't even log on atm cuz of all the bugs and such, I'm just waitin it out, hopefully I'll play again :(

jernau
03-01-05, 14:55
I can see this turning into one of those things, like the "beta was perfect" threads, were people forget all the bad things.

One point to remember before people get too misty-eyed : NC1 wasn't a long way from perfect.

The thing atm is that NC2 has so many show-stopping bugs at once. If KK fixed just a few (memory leak, the HUD and shops for a start) then the improvements in NC2 would be seen but as it is they are hidden under all the problems.

sanityislost
03-01-05, 14:58
In my View NC2 has added alot of good things to the game, and if i had the
choice to go back to NC1 i would stay in NC2.....the only think i would have liked
is a 1 slot server but there isnt anyway KK can give us one with things the way
they are right now.

SiL ..:..

jerrymaguire
03-01-05, 16:02
I loved this game so much, I lost many hours sleep. There was just not enough free time in the day to do what you wanted to do.

I played NC1 for hours, even if it got a little boring. When there was nothing to do, I just chated with who ever was about.

I quit NC 2 because it just didn't have the since of community NC 1 had. NC 2 was better looking, thats for sure, but I am a true believer in it is that was is underneath what counts. I enjoyed my time in NC2, but LOVED wasting hours in NC1.

Given the choice, I would happily play NC 1 ( Saturn ) again.

THE_TICK!!!!
04-01-05, 13:14
Motor City Online? I wish someone would bring it back somehow ;) oh yea d000d now THAT game OWNED !!! wonder if they will let us buy it cheaper now.