PDA

View Full Version : Ingame channels

Engelke
31-12-04, 04:44
Well i think all know that the trade obviously is spammed by non trade chat. So now trade announcements goes to allied channel or other. Reason is that many have muted the trade channel. Well i don't like the sollution there. It sounds for me to mutch of moving problems arround rather then solving them. Problem is you can't really stop ppl of using wrong channels cause that would need a GM to listen to a channel to see the spamming and abuse of wrong channels. GM have a lot todo as it is now.

So why don't KK get volunteer people to be moderators in the channels like the forums. When they just spend a couple of hours moderating one channel every day then the problem would die out. A counstantly spammer should get 2 or 3 warnings then he should be able to get banned from the channel for a week or so.

Thats the harsh solution to the problem. The other solution must be that we think before we sent. Is the line we are sending relevant for that channel? Are we getting the right response?
I often have muted trade when i don't have or want anything traded. I still have allied and faction on cause i listen and response to help cryes in case of raids in the city. But then again i might mute the channel if there goes to mutch trade over the alliance channel. That can be reason that if you need help cause of attack you wont get any cause ppl are muting more channels.

hegemon
31-12-04, 05:00
GMs don't help in solving this problem. Sometimes they even make it worse. Yesterday I saw an interesting discussion where some GM popped up in TRADE and told people to take their off topic discussion somewhere else. It ended up with people arguing with the GM about how hard it is to get banned how they do what they want and how the GM can't stop them. The GM didn't do anything to enforce the rule he talked about, thus reinforcing the view that spamming and off topic chatting is tolerated and will not be punished. So is mocking GMs and arguing their rulings.

Engelke
31-12-04, 06:44
Ok thats bad :(

In that case the GM should have gone in and punished the ppl. Cause he have now an authorithy problem. These players will from now on not respect his ruleing cause af no actions froms the GM's side :(

Freaky Fryd
01-01-05, 12:16
How about when a GM comes on trade and says to stop spamming, then 3 or 4 people that were already spamming greet him ON TRADE...dumbasses...
:rolleyes:

[KoS]Brad
01-01-05, 13:03
Yesterday I saw an interesting discussion where some GM popped up in TRADE and told people to take their off topic discussion somewhere else. It ended up with people arguing with the GM about how hard it is to get banned how they do what they want and how the GM can't stop them.

As well as enforcing this rule about not talking about crap in Trade, I think people need to be more aware of the fact a GM is like a cop in real life, you don't go around telling cops that they can't stop you from stealing or something, you just wouldn't do it, and GMs need to be treated in the same way because in the end, its down to them and staff to determin if you can play the game.

Also yesterday there were a lot of raids on CRP, and always after a fight there comes insults over trade, usually aimed at the people who held the op, this instance FF, It became very difficult to sell my Crahn glove which I was attempting to do because as soon as I said "WTS Crahn Glove cash only DM me" it would vanish and be replaced with insults thrown at FF.

So yeh we need more rules to do with talking off topic in trade, its annoying because no one can get the most use out of the channel if people mute it because idiots decide to insult people on it.

retr0n
01-01-05, 13:06
How about only having the cannels:

Zone
Alliance
Trade
OOC
Help

and then they actually implement playershops in that way that you could type
"find cursed soul" and then you would get a list of ppl selling a cursed soul, it's
stats and how much it costs... That way ppl would stop spamming "WTB" cause
they could just search for the item and see if it's for sale and the ppl spamming
"WTS" wouldnt have to cause they could just put their item up for sale and
anybody wanting one would be able to search for it.

Also there are to many channels today, so some ppl dont know wich one to
pick, so they check & see wich is most populated and spam their shit there.
Limiting the ammount of channels would also cause ppl to group more.

---
edit: But basicly whatever you do some ppl will remain to be shitheads about
it and the only way you really can remove spam is to turn off all ingame chat
exept local/clan/dm...

- Primate

Freaky Fryd
01-01-05, 13:27
A big step in the right direction would be making it possible to only send one message every 3 or 5 minutes on Trade/Service channels.

Anything more often than that is not necessary with the other channel options.

Engelke
01-01-05, 15:46
I love retr0n's idea. That would sure get some problems solved. For tbh there is no need for all the different trade channels.

And yes [KoS]Brad has right the GM need to be treated with respekt. They are the law enforcers in neocron.

hegemon
01-01-05, 19:46
Brad']As well as enforcing this rule about not talking about crap in Trade, I think people need to be more aware of the fact a GM is like a cop in real life, you don't go around telling cops that they can't stop you from stealing or something, you just wouldn't do it, and GMs need to be treated in the same way because in the end, its down to them and staff to determin if you can play the game.

Many people would go around and insult cops in real life if they knew that the cop won't do anything. Many people like to challenge authority. If the only thing the GMs do is to have a title over their heads and go around and tell people to stop doing something, nothing will change. Everyone can go around and tell people to stop doing something.

So yeh we need more rules to do with talking off topic in trade, its annoying because no one can get the most use out of the channel if people mute it because idiots decide to insult people on it.

And what will more rules do? Nothing. Rules are worthless if they are not enforced. The problem is not lack of rules. The problem is that many people don't feel any particular need to follow those rules.