PDA

View Full Version : Worldclient: Join Proxy Server Failed.

zii
29-12-04, 16:02
Just a quickie:

Since this morning I've been getting this error message whenever I relog. It doesn't happen when I initailly start the client, only upon a relog from any char to any char including the same one. Killing the client and starting it again solves the problem. It didn't happen yesterday and no changes were made on the PC since last night, in fact for over a week now.

My average ping, sadly, is 250m/s, but this has been like this for a long time.

Error message is: WORLDCLIENT: JOIN PROXY SERVER FAILED.

Any clues.

Terkantia
29-12-04, 16:23
A clanmate of mine has been having the same prob since 123/124 patch, iirc.

He has to restart the client everytime . . .

:rolleyes:

darknessfairy
29-12-04, 16:54
i've had it since then end of neocron 1... since i got my network up and running.. and running 2 nc's on the two computers

Terkantia
29-12-04, 16:57
Zil, did you change anythign on your network last night/this am? Update the sftw on the router, change in yer firewall?

*Dazz*
29-12-04, 17:24
I've had that my entire NC history....I always just alt + f4 out of game and restart to change chars. Every once in a blue moon it'll actually do a char swap at the login without closeing the entire game, but I've gotten so used to just alt+f4'n, I never even try it anymore..

athon
29-12-04, 17:24
You'll usually get this error if you try to reconnect too quickly on another account. Just wait at the login screen for approx. 30 seconds and it'll go away.

If you want to connect 2 clients at once, you can change the port under the 'Configuration' dialog on the launcher. If you have the disk space, you can install 2 copies of the client at once so that you don't have to keep changing the port every time.

Athon Solo

Akuji
29-12-04, 17:58
Simply changing the "localport" setting should clear this problem up, it works in 90% of cases, however if not then email tech@neocron.com and i'll have a look at it.

Like athon says, sometimes waiting 30 seconds or so, or simply restarting the client works, however in rare cases it wont.

zii
29-12-04, 18:05
Zil, did you change anythign on your network last night/this am? Update the sftw on the router, change in yer firewall?

Nope. Will look for anything odd.

zii
29-12-04, 18:06
Simply changing the "localport" setting should clear this problem up, it works in 90% of cases, however if not then email tech@neocron.com and i'll have a look at it.

Like athon says, sometimes waiting 30 seconds or so, or simply restarting the client works, however in rare cases it wont.

The local port was changed a long time ago to a non-standard, unreserved port.
I'll follow this idea up as well.

Thanks to all for your suggestions so far.

zii
29-12-04, 19:30
Problem solved. NC client gets confused when you have two routes available to it.

1) Fixed 100BaseT (routes eventually to Internet)
2) Wireless card ( (routes eventually to Internet))

Disabled the wifi and NC is fine.

Cheers, z

Yelly
29-12-04, 22:19
To complete this.If you run ICS "internet connection sharing" on the
comp you are playing NC on you have to alt+f4 as well every time