PDA

View Full Version : Attention Please, NC Crash Issue, Mods & KK Staff if you please awnser a Question?

Zheo
29-12-04, 01:23
Yo ok,

Something interesting, when NC starting rebooting my puter, which is a fail safe device agaisnt damaging it (Working with my bro whos a techie atm)

I discovered near the time of rebooting there was a hack attempt on my computer, which NIS detected, We believe this could be an attacker who used Neocron ports etc to cause this problem?

Do any of the mods out there know if this is possible? Also, is NC suposed to have a

models.tmp file? if not then i have one created today or at least modified today... Since this is a random thing, and no computer errors are reported it would seem likely that perhaps there is someone out there hacking through the game or whatever to cause these problems?

Zheo

Ascension
29-12-04, 01:45
whooa. sounds erry.. someone shead some light over here!

Zheo
29-12-04, 01:54
Ok we did more research on the subject, we think now it is possible, that perhaps durin download of patches etc something went wrong and it didnt get all the info, or that a file became corrupt and the NC file checker isnt picking it up, either way our current solution is thusly:

1) Copy patchs directory, into another directory.
2) Delete NC
3) Run Ad-ware, Anti Virus scans.
4) Defrag.
5) Re-install NC then copy patchs dir, back into NC folder.
6) De-frag again.
7) Move Firewall rules about (up one down one) so they are back in origonal place.

8) Think why do i have to do all this and remember computers = problems.

Zheo