PDA

View Full Version : Computer Resetting When NC is loaded...

Zheo
28-12-04, 23:30
This is what... the third time NC has randomly started resetting my computer,

how do i know it's NC? well lets see, after the first time i searched on there and someone had already posted, about same problem...

What bothers me isnt that i now have to try and figure out how to put it right im sure i have to reinstall NC and download all the patches AGAIN!!!! but more that it could actually damage the computer though i dont know this for sure but im sure having it switch on and off alot while trying to get NC to work isnt a good thing!

I do wish KK would figure out what is corrupting NC and making it reset the computer and put a stop to it! Otherwise i might one day damage my comp beyond use just by trying to play NC and that would really put me off playing it, though im gonna be optimistic and say it doesnt do it much harm at all :)

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know a solution?

nightwind
28-12-04, 23:34
ya u are definetly not the only one that happens at least 2 time a day to me a was really worried that there was something wrong with my comp but now that i see it is only happening in NC and it is happening to others i would like to know what is going on

Zheo
28-12-04, 23:36
ya u are definetly not the only one that happens at least 2 time a day to me a was really worried that there was something wrong with my comp but now that i see it is only happening in NC and it is happening to others i would like to know what is going on

It happened twice? So what did u do to fix it? or did just give NC a rest for a while?

Xeno LARD
28-12-04, 23:44
New drivers for mainboard, gfx, sound, and everything. Do a file check and virus scan, spyware while you're at it. Scandisk (the mode that takes ages) then a defrag for the hell of it. Then you can start bitching a bit more.

nightwind
28-12-04, 23:47
i havent found a way to fix it yet but if i do i will post it up

Lightpipe
29-12-04, 01:54
Your Computer is overheating.......

or your memory is screwed......

these are the primary reasons a computer would reset....

D1S
29-12-04, 03:09
Well if its RAM, try www.memtest86.com or www.memtest.org, you've not recently stuck in another 512 megs of ram have you? Might be worth giving your system a good sweep with that, but tbh id of expected good old BSOD with dodgy RAM anyway.

Other than possible dodgy drivers or heat as mentioned above etc try a fresh install of windows and slap on the latest VGA drivers etc.

*Dazz*
29-12-04, 03:30
You can avoid downloading all the patches over and over by puttin em on a disk, or in a backup folder on your D drive if you have one, then all it does when you put that folder back in and start NC is update all the patches, instead of re-downloading all of them.

Seven
29-12-04, 05:12
Your Computer is overheating.......

or your memory is screwed......

these are the primary reasons a computer would reset....

While that is true, it's only happening with NC2.

I can play Farcry with everything maxed for hours on end and my comp has no problems whatsoever.

As a matter of fact, my comp runs 5 degrees hotter playing Farcry.

Kozmos
29-12-04, 09:21
Memleak...

Ur PC's running outta RAM and virtual memory, has a tantrum... and reboots to start fresh, either that or as DIS said about memtest86.com check over your RAM with that, if you get any bad sectors, run it again with one stick of RAM in at a time to dig out the faulty one.

Seven
29-12-04, 10:39
Memleak...

Ur PC's running outta RAM and virtual memory, has a tantrum... and reboots to start fresh, either that or as DIS said about memtest86.com check over your RAM with that, if you get any bad sectors, run it again with one stick of RAM in at a time to dig out the faulty one.

Not my comp, it's this game.

D1S
29-12-04, 12:37
Well mate, if all else fails re-install windows or try using DX7 instead of DX9 if you haven't already. If that still doesnt help then it looks like your buggerd :)
If there is no chance that its hardware related and no signs of dodgy RAM then it has to be a windows issue.

Seven
30-12-04, 07:29
Well mate, if all else fails re-install windows or try using DX7 instead of DX9 if you haven't already. If that still doesnt help then it looks like your buggerd :)
If there is no chance that its hardware related and no signs of dodgy RAM then it has to be a windows issue.

Why?

It can't possibly be NC's game code???

RogerRamjet
30-12-04, 17:44
it happens to me too, im running all the latest drivers too. What happens is NC disables my GFX drivers, leaving the computer running but unable to be used since the monitor has no input.

Spoon
30-12-04, 17:58
Yeah, try Dx7...

The last hot-fix(#125) probably borked it for you...

And it's won't get fixed for weeks.....

D1S
30-12-04, 20:11
Why?

It can't possibly be NC's game code???

well mate ive never had a prob with NC along these lines, why would nc work on 99% of peoples machines and not yours?

Seven
31-12-04, 22:50
well mate ive never had a prob with NC along these lines, why would nc work on 99% of peoples machines and not yours?

You mean why "doesn't" NC work correctly on 99% of peoples machines?

You must be running a Dell. :p

And BTW, it's the threadstarter that has the problem, not me. ;)

nightwind
01-01-05, 08:29
i heard that this problem is caused by dx 9 and the geforce card cause they are not totaly compatible togther with nc going to change back to my ati as soon as my friend give it back and see what happens

also it is not a over heat problem or a ram problem that was causig the problem on my comp.

whifix
01-01-05, 08:31
Do you have a ATI Radeon by chance? If so and you installed the 4.12 Catalyst drivers then try uninstalling those, rebooting and installing 4.11. I've seen alot of problems with the 4.12 drivers.

D1S
01-01-05, 13:40
You must be running a Dell. :p

ECK! Dont speak such fowl language on these forums ;)

I also have a geforce card and i've run NC2 on two different Geforce cards on 2 different machines, one being an Athlon 1.2 with a GF3 and this one being a prescott 3GHZ with an FX5200, never ever had my PC reboot while playing NC. Both machines running in DX9. If you think its your VGA card go to www.guru3d.com and try some of their drivers.

nightwind
01-01-05, 16:28
i am running a ge force 4 ti 4200 with my intel 3.0 ghz prescott with the direct x 9.0c drivers now and am having the problems but when i was using my ati 9600xt i never had a problem. i am thinking it might be the ti version and not all geforce that are having problem but i get my vid card back tonight and i will find out if that is the case.

D1S
01-01-05, 19:24
Could well be, the GF3 i was running was a Ti version of the card, could just be a GF4 problem rather than anything, my mates machine has a GF4MX and that runs fine, but he can only run it in DX7 mode for some reason so who knows....

Nikabolokov
01-01-05, 23:36
Thats cause the MX440 is only an updated GF2 chip, I think.

Although they are said to support dx9, they are only compatible with it, many of the dx9 features simply wont work on this card.