PDA

View Full Version : Char. Selection Fubar?

retr0n
28-12-04, 17:07
I just got back from a x-mas visit to my parents, when I tried to log on
all my chars look like shadows... I tried logging them on a few times but
it doesnt seem to fix it :/ Also they are turning into a green pe every so
often, but zoning seems to fix this.

Anybody else having this problem? From what I see other people suffer
from a stupid haircut issue =) even if it's funny =)

- Primate

MkVenner
28-12-04, 17:09
thats the least of the troubles lol

Durandal|AI
28-12-04, 17:26
Terras completely FU... and still no official word.... its freakin tuesday by now and the last post from Nidhogg was on Christmas Eve...

Do yourself a favour, dont play, chances are good that there will be rollback. Ominous silences KK-wise are a pretty good indication for that imho :mad:

LOST
28-12-04, 17:33
or you could play...and find when the server cluster is back up everything is fine. :p

there are troubles similar to the 2 at the beginning of life on terra - so the less thoughtful scream rollback.
Do whatever........

Capt. Rik
28-12-04, 17:36
Terras completely FU... and still no official word.... its freakin tuesday by now and the last post from Nidhogg was on Christmas Eve...

Do yourself a favour, dont play, chances are good that there will be rollback. Ominous silences KK-wise are a pretty good indication for that imho :mad:

Actually if you read the server announcement you'll see that it's not KK's fault that the server is screwed

Kozmos
28-12-04, 19:38
Actually if you read the server announcement you'll see that it's not KK's fault that the server is screwed

erm... what announcement are you reading ? :lol:

Database corruption, no thats not KK's problem ? :rolleyes: Your probably reading a old announcement about level3 fucking up...

epij
28-12-04, 22:05
yes i have the exact same thing. chars are shadows (transferred and created) and every description tells me that its a private eye where i only got spies and monks.
logging however works but some chars are affected by this model missmatch and came out as green bulg and after a zone something evil sticks in their head

i would find all this funny if my main would not be a decayed horror in hacknet and with its hitbox size unable navigate because i just freekin dont fit through lifts

Durandal|AI
28-12-04, 22:16

Yeah sure whatever... :wtf:

Capt. Rik
29-12-04, 00:49
From the announcements forum...

Staff shortages at the data centre over the Christmas period are hampering our efforts to resolve the current issues with the Terra server. However, we are still making every effort to resolve the problem and bring Terra back to full capacity as quickly as possible, although it is likely that this will not be until next week. We apologise for the inconvenience, curse Father Christmas, and thank you for your continued patience.

N

That suggests it's the people that run the servers rather than KK themselves.

I could be wrong though...