PDA

View Full Version : a little request to the community

Xylaz
28-12-04, 11:37
Lately the amount of spam on ingame channels increased drastically, no problem for me - i can mute them all (already got it all muted by default - except faction/alliance/zone), BUT if u want to chat on HELP channel you should realize that there will be more people (as myself) who will mute this channel permanently which will decrease the very little amount of people who are willing to help. Which isnt good...

Seriously,, spam everything else but not HELP CHANNEL. Leave at least this one for the intended use.

az

darknessfairy
28-12-04, 11:51
all channels are put in there for a reason... Trade for erm trade, faction for faction chat blah blah.. and OOC for spam.

So its not really a "dont spam Help" thing .. its "dont spam anywhere BUT ooc." thing.

and before any one says anything i know sometimes everyone speaks in trade or help etc, but most of the time its only like a sentence and stuff before someone moans and everyone moves to ooc.

Dr Strange
28-12-04, 11:53
My favorite are the late-night spamers. You know the ones. The ones that LOVE to start up stupid ass conversations in Trade NC or Trade DoY and ruin the commerce for the rest of us. They do it only late at night when a GM isn't likely to be around or the one maybe two that are around are busy doing help tickets.

Yet the same guys, during the day if a GM is around they shut up pretty damn fast when told to.

It's fucking sad when you have to put in a help ticket to stop channel spam. YES, you can ignore the person but when its a handful of people its irratating and even more so when they each log another 3 characters to talk with/spam with since the first one was ignored.

Freaky Fryd
28-12-04, 12:06
My ignore list is full on 3 of my characters...
:(

If abuse@neocron.com took spam more seriously, I would be more willing to
send in screenshots of the people that are spamming over and over...sometimes for hours at a time.

I find one thing funny though...I'll find out who someone's other character (or
characters is) and for some reason all 2 or 3 are on my ignore list already (as in: before I knew it was really the same person.)

Shows some people just can't stop being an asshat, or at least try to act differently on a different character...
:p

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 12:18
i sent in a screenshot of someone spamming homophobic abuse / harrassment... doubt anything happened though :(

anyways... im still waiting for an in character channel on this MMORPGFPS...

Nidhogg
28-12-04, 13:25
anyways... im still waiting for an in character channel on this MMORPGFPS...
I don't understand your statement. Anything other than the OOC channel is IC, isn't it (unless it's being spammed)?

BTW, I've known people be banned for persistent spamming in the past so please do send in those reports.

N

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 13:26
I don't understand your statement. Anything other than the OOC channel is IC, isn't it (unless it's being spammed)?

BTW, I've known people be banned for persistent spamming in the past so please do send in those reports.

N

does that mean speaking out of character in anything but ooc should be reported and is punishable?

:edit:
isn't it well no actually... someone saying "come on... log your poker" or "ffs i hate fatals" are not people talking in character...

Nidhogg
28-12-04, 13:52
The intention is that those channels are In Character channels. The occasional OOC comment isn't going to be punished but spamming is against the rules (and is a pet hate of the GMs).

N

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 13:57
The intention is that those channels are In Character channels. The occasional OOC comment isn't going to be punished but spamming is against the rules (and is a pet hate of the GMs).

N

i see... so the purpose of the channels will not be enforced as long as you speak slowly so you dont get called a spammer...

Nidhogg
28-12-04, 14:05
i see... so the purpose of the channels will not be enforced as long as you speak slowly so you dont get called a spammer...
Do you honestly expect us to punish someone who says "I hate fatals" in zone chat one time? There are more important issues to deal with and we expect you to be responsible for your own actions. Besides, this thread is about spam.

N

Morganth
28-12-04, 14:10
Besides, this thread is about spam.

N

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||

:p

Haven't seen barcode spam yet, which is a good sign.

hudine
28-12-04, 14:42
LOL Morganth

come on this is a seriouse issue here..... Oh look I can make a sword

@xxxx|}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

I was kiddin please don't ban me *gets down and kisses the mod's feet*

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 15:26
Do you honestly expect us to punish someone who says "I hate fatals" in zone chat one time? There are more important issues to deal with and we expect you to be responsible for your own actions. Besides, this thread is about spam.

N

nah im just expecting consistancy...

im not saying make ingame chat moderation more important than bug x... however enforcing one rule (no spam) and not others (in char channels) seems a bit half assed IMO

trigger hurt
28-12-04, 16:08

N
No it isnt. I've seen a group of people carrying out roleplay...yeah...real role play in trade chat. These people weren't anywhere near each other, but they were told to stop spamming by a GM.

Point is, people bitch and complain that they can't see the trades go by, they submit a ticket and a GM will come in and tell them not to do it. It doesn't matter whether it's in character or out.

The truley sad thing is that, if you want to carry on an RP conversation with multiple people who aren't in the same zone, faction, city you have no choice but to do it over OOC because the whiners will get you on any other channel.

Morganth
28-12-04, 16:15
No it isnt. I've seen a group of people carrying out roleplay...yeah...real role play in trade chat. These people weren't anywhere near each other, but they were told to stop spamming by a GM.

Point is, people bitch and complain that they can't see the trades go by, they submit a ticket and a GM will come in and tell them not to do it. It doesn't matter whether it's in character or out.

The truley sad thing is that, if you want to carry on an RP conversation with multiple people who aren't in the same zone, faction, city you have no choice but to do it over OOC because the whiners will get you on any other channel.

I agree.

Spam comes in many shapes and forms. It can be OOC (take the Saturn barcoders for example) or people who insist on sending their trade SMS's every few secs, or right after someone else says something. I've seen someone spam the same SMS 3 times in a row in one (so he does the SMS 3 times before pausing).

Problem is, those spamming trade messages can't really get into trouble for it as they can claim they are IC and doing what the channel is there for. Perhaps GMs should be able to "mute" people for a set number of real-time hours, so anything they say in any of the chat channels can#t be read except Clan, Factio and Direct. This would reduce spam, and teach them a lesson to quit the spammage on OOC/Trade.

Menome
28-12-04, 17:29
Ok, no doubt some of you have seen me chatting on the OOC about lots of things ranging from The A - Team to how Neocron = England, but I keep it to the OOC.

What I really want to know is, as a frequent OOC-er, am I REALLY annoying anyone, if so I'll try and keep the spammage down a bit. It's just that if you dont tell me, I wont know its a problem.

trigger hurt
28-12-04, 17:57
Not me. You're good fun.

Brammers
28-12-04, 18:15
One thing that really annoys me is people who have a chat.

One of them uses Local to talk to the other one (Thats fine, nothing wrong with that.)
...and the other one decides to reply on Faction chat, so you hear one side of the conversation.

And 99% of the time the matter has nothing to do with the game or the Faction. (Also to the person who talking about their GF's breasts on faction.... 8| )

In this game there should be a hypercom usage chip given to people who can use the ingame channels.

WebShock
28-12-04, 18:50
no need to mute help. just mute the idiots who spam purposely. If your indivudual mute option is full, delete some folks you havent heard in a while, most likely they arent around much anymore or they just dont spam as much, if they do, well just readd them and add someone else. rinse repeat.

granted this isnt a more permanent solution but there is a temp solution other than muting channels you WANT to monitor :P

Cerbious
28-12-04, 19:40
If your indivudual mute option is full, delete some folks you havent heard in a while,

lol would a reason for not hearing from them in a while be cause they on ur ignore list? :p

@Triggar Hurt in those situations use Team chat to talk to those people which arnt in ur factio / local etc. And dont turn round now saying ur using team for hunting... cause if u wanted a in depth chat as u described u wouldn't be hunting at same time.

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 23:12
lol would a reason for not hearing from them in a while be cause they on ur ignore list? :p

hahaha...

well spotted that man :p

trigger hurt
29-12-04, 00:02

@Triggar Hurt in those situations use Team chat to talk to those people which arnt in ur factio / local etc. And dont turn round now saying ur using team for hunting... cause if u wanted a in depth chat as u described u wouldn't be hunting at same time.
why should people roleplaying have to team each other? What if I am rp'ing with an enemy runner? Would it make sense to add him to my team?

Freaky Fryd
29-12-04, 00:35
It makes more sense to have the message go out to 100, 200, 300 or more people instead?

trigger hurt
29-12-04, 00:40
It makes more sense to have the message go out to 100, 200, 300 or more people instead?

Yes. Yes it does.

To me, there are too many channels in the first place. Hardly anyone uses Trade-DoY or the slew of other channels under that. Should remove all of them except zone, realm, trade and ooc for custom chats. Of course, leave local, direct, team and clan.

Dr Strange
29-12-04, 04:13
The system needs a rework.

Ignore lists have a limit of users on them, bad thing. Should not have a limit.

GM's ingame (and out of game) tell you take screenshots and send them along with your console log to the aforementioned email address.

Who the hell has the time to take 20+ screen shots a day and email them in? And even then the people can just as said, log on a different character and continue spamming.

I'd be happy if the damn ignore list was just infinite.

Rogue Arson
29-12-04, 04:16
well... I would guess if you can't be bothered to take the screenies... it can't bother you that much. :p

Latent Entropy
29-12-04, 04:50
well... I would guess if you can't be bothered to take the screenies... it can't bother you that much. :p
Why go to so much trouble when all they get is a "Dont Do It Again, And have a Milky Ren :rolleyes:"