PDA

View Full Version : shared internett.....

Hot-Salsa
28-12-04, 09:50
i have 2 comps running NC2 sometimes it feels a bit unstabile...i have to give it a few times before i get into nc..i remember i added some different ips in nc1 on the 2 comps...but im not sure if there is anything i can do in nc2...and i dont remember what i did in nc1 since i havent played of ages :eek:

Toilet-Duck
28-12-04, 09:55
Change the port of one of them.

darknessfairy
28-12-04, 11:58
Change the port of one of them.

to which you mean: go to your neocron.ini file and write "LOCALPORT = [insert number]"

and this *should* work (cough cough) i hope... it's works on my two computers...

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 13:06
to which you mean: go to your neocron.ini file and write "LOCALPORT = [insert number]"

and this *should* work (cough cough) i hope... it's works on my two computers...

its in the launcher these days :D just go into the options.

and if he feels a little unstable running them both i would guess he does run them both so they must be on different local ports anyway (unless it lust runs badly on multiple PC's with the same local port... but as Wireworld managed it for 30 PC's without any fiddling i cant see the local port being a problem)

Ascension
28-12-04, 13:07
its in the launcher these days :D just go into the options.

and if he feels a little unstable running them both i would guess he does run them both so they must be on different local ports anyway (unless it lust runs badly on multiple PC's with the same local port... but as Wireworld managed it for 30 PC's without any fiddling i cant see the local port being a problem)

Yeah it is the launcher lol, dont try and edit the .ini file else the launcher forced it back to the default... :p

We have four PC's on my home network.. All run NC but we have to have different port access else we just end up pulling each other to the login... even when doing something important like Op waring :lol:

*Dazz*
28-12-04, 17:11
I have 2 other pc's that share this one's connection, never had a problem...They run through a hub, not a router tho...

Hot-Salsa
28-12-04, 18:23
ok thnx...so i just change it on local port. then....doesnt have to change moore then one number?

Hot-Salsa
28-12-04, 20:03
btw is there anyway to change forum name? lol i was a bit drunk when i did made the name for the forum :eek:

Nidhogg
28-12-04, 20:05
btw is there anyway to change forum name? lol i was a bit drunk when i did made the name for the forum :eek:
No, besides, it's not a bad forum name. ;)

N

Hot-Salsa
29-12-04, 01:40
thnx hehe....it used to be Optimus Prime... :angel:

*Dazz*
29-12-04, 03:23

Sure, start a new account :p