PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded to NC2 from NC1... Bye all.

Skinfitz
28-12-04, 04:35
Well I finally decided to upgrade my NC1 account of .. I think it's nearly three years I've been playing now.. to NC2.

I upgraded an hour ago, downloaded the NC2 client and installed it, and managed to transfer 4 chars (which was a nice surprise - was expecting to only be able to transfer one).

What can I say? I've lost all my stuff, all my money, all my rares, All my rare parts, all my vehicles, all my apartments, the game looks almost EXACTLY the same (except with crappy hair), and infact I'd have to say I think NC1 looks better. If I wanted to be a nib again I would have cancelled ages ago and started with a 0/0. Oh and the HUD is total illegible crap.

Well after an hour of playing NC2 I've decided I'm cancelling my account. Two years for this? What WERE you smoking KK?

A suggestion - go look at Half Life 2 and the Source Engine. This is the New Standard by which games are judged. Now look at Neocron. Notice anything? That's right - it looks completely crappy next to it.

It's not the looks why I'm leaving, it's the losing all my stuff. I at least thought we got to keep the stuff in our gogu, but nope - just the contents of the quickbelt.

Play a game for nearly three years, cap your char(s), accumulate lots of cash / weapons / rares / apartments / vehicles that literally have taken YEARS to accumulate, then get charged for an "upgrade" that makes the game look absolutely terrible (DoY just looks hideously crappy), get charged a higher monthly fee, just to start financially from square one again with absolutely **** all.

Well that's the last straw KK - it was fun playing NC1 but you just blew it. NC2 is a huge disappointment.

Bye all - it was nice knowing most of you.

S.

eprodigy
28-12-04, 04:38
Well you picked a bad time to transfer with the problems on Terra but, you shouldnt have lost all your items ? Armor/Implants/Quickbelt should all still be there.... That definetly doesnt make you a newb again...

NC2 does look better, not as great a leap as hoped but it is improved. I wasn't sure actually but recently logged back into NC1 and saw just how ugly it was :) I think DOY looks great and has the same kind of atmospheric draw that Neocron had to it when I joined originally. (a different type of draw). And either way don't compare it to Half Life. Neocron isn't about graphics. If you have to compare it look at other mmorpgs - there are a lot more popular games that are 50x uglier :D

Good luck, were all mad at KK right now :) Although I like NC2 i just want terra to work.

Ascension
28-12-04, 04:40
Cyaz m8, alot of people are disapointed not just you m8 :(

IceStorm
28-12-04, 04:49
Well I finally decided to upgrade my NC1 accountWhy would you do that now? Unless you moved to Mars, Mercury, or Pandore, there's a good chance any upgrade you do now will be lost once they "fix" Terra.

What can I say? I've lost all my stuff, all my money, all my rares, All my rare parts, all my vehicles, all my apartments,So did everyone else. Only imps/armor and QB items were retained, and that was only captured once, when the database snapshot was taken.

Durandal|AI
28-12-04, 04:50
Yeah teach em a lesson...

Honestly, theres no reason AT ALL why people from NC1 shouldnt keep at least some of their stuff . I know, loading an appa full of tools, then transferring screams for exploits, but lets keep in mind that NC1 players have paid for the game (and it comes to quite a lot after 3 years :angel: ) and were promised a FREE addon, yes that should read like DoY.

I can perfectly understand your reasons for quitting. KK read and repent :(

.hack//sign
28-12-04, 04:51
whiner ;)

Vithar
28-12-04, 04:52
Leaving thread.

Closed.

V