PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still in SWG ?

naimex
28-12-04, 04:02
Downloading the 10 day trial from fileplanet to Jump to lightspeed atm..

thinking of reactivating my SWG account...

Not instead of my NC, just on the side... was relaxing being ID and Dancer.

so just wanted to know, if any of you were still playing.

MkVenner
28-12-04, 04:07
dont know about SWG, but there alot of people playing AO on the side now its free...

naimex
28-12-04, 04:09
I tried AO once.. died within 5 minutes..

never launched the game since.

MkVenner
28-12-04, 04:12
yeah i wouldnt bother with it, but while its free :p

sanityislost
28-12-04, 10:51
played swg for abit till i got banned, its ok but not great

SiL ..:..

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 12:42
my SWG experiance didnt outlast my trial period...

and my Soldier in AO has yet to die (admittedly hes only level 8). he has just left the newb island :p

AO as a noob is easy... do the noob missions, collect loadsa meat, trade 6 bits of meat for 25 first aid kits, do this til you got like 200, by now you should be hard enough o kill the boss mob that spawns to the east (i think east...). kill this til your inv is full, sell the stuff you dont need...

repeat this until you get 1xp per kill (its too low to give you xp), then go join omni tek, buy a set of newcomer armour and upgrade it to omni tek armour... upgrade the armour to your level (use it) and your resists will be way better than before... upgrade your starter weapon...

once you got money, armour and an upgraded weapon go to new rome, subway and kill mobs for some implants.

do that for money / items / implants til you got a few you want, go o Rome general store and put em in...

Rince, Repeat

SorkZmok
28-12-04, 12:48
Quit some months ago. Shouldve sold the account though but i`m a lazy ass.

Maybe i`ll reactivate after the combat revamp. At the moment its just pure shit. Piss easy, plain boring. PvP and PvM.

And being a crafter...even worse. :)

Ascension
28-12-04, 12:51
Well, I paid out £35 for the game and played it 1 week.. By the 6th day I felt like I was gonna sleep! sooo repetative,

I miss my kaadu, called Speedy :( :lol:

Capt. Rik
28-12-04, 13:37
I still have 1 SWG account active. Still on Eclipse i think. Didn't bother with JTL as i played it in the closed-beta and it was crap.

NC2 all the way :D

Morganth
28-12-04, 14:05

Lets start =THP= up again, send me a PM or catch me on MSN if you are interested. Gonna try and get Felakin and oKIR back.

Gotterdammerung
28-12-04, 21:27
I have a swg acct., I've had it 1+ year. I let a friend play it though as I havn't much game time in a while. I think I'm on bloodfin.

zii
28-12-04, 21:46
Never stopped playing NC.

However, I did look at a friend's PC played it and looked nice, and a bit boring, and empty. Apartently Moss Eisly wasn't cool enough so they moved t Han Solo's home planet, or something... Give me a Grim anytime ;P

Vid Gamer
28-12-04, 21:49
I still play SWG along with the MxO beta.

I have always liked SWG and it is a good MMO, IMO. The JtL expansion has only made the game better and more "Star Warsy".

I currently have a MBH on Starsider.

Radamez
28-12-04, 22:11
Never heard enough good about the game to consider playing it..

Fuck knows how I ever came to play NC :D

Nah, consensual PvP was all that was needed to turn me off..

If it was an on-line Knights of the Old Republic, then we'd be talking :) speaking of which.. not much longer to wait for Kotor 2! curse those damn xboxers already playing it.. :mad:

Jesterthegreat
28-12-04, 23:29
Never stopped playing NC.

nor did i :p

*Dazz*
29-12-04, 03:35
I stopped playin SWG before my free month ended...Don't ever plan on turnin it back on either, much like my EQ2 account that i played 3 days of the free month and never looked back...excellent way to piss 100 bucks away i guess...

steweygrrr
29-12-04, 12:54
I still have 1 SWG account active. Still on Eclipse i think. Didn't bother with JTL as i played it in the closed-beta and it was crap.

I was in closed beta for JTL and the final product is much better than the beta (as opposed to Neocron which is still buggy, broken beta quality)

What server you on Naimex? We need a Dancer/ID in our Guild on Chimaera :)

eLcHi
29-12-04, 13:54
played it for 3 months last dec-feb ...

Then the evil holocron said "MASTER BIO ENGINEER" ... and i canceled my account ...

After doing Master Marksman, Master Rifleman (omg that was soooo overpowered back then), Master Scout, Master Creature Handler, Master Artisan and Master Armorsmith ...

It was just plain boring, PvP was NO FUN at all ... (Next Target, Strafe2, Strafe2, Strafe2, Next Target, repeat) ... going on big raids was even LESS fun ...

steweygrrr
29-12-04, 14:18
All PvP is brawler based now and the new fad is to spam warcry because it's bugged and doesn't break properly...

Besides that PvP is FUN :D

naimex
29-12-04, 16:18
well, I noticed my char from my own account on chimaera was still there, although i had given all my stuff away.

it seems the guy i gave all my stuff to is still playing, so ill try and ask for some of it back, if he wants to give it back that is :p

so i guess ill be playing there :)

Terkantia
29-12-04, 16:31
I played SWG for a long time, about 9 months I guess. The Empire RULES!! I ahd a blast. Have been lookin at the new expansion, it looks fun. But then again, so did the game before I played it, LOL!! The bugs were just fukkin incredible for the first 6 months er so.

I think thats one reason I have so much patience with KK on some of the things we deal with in regards to bugs.

Capt. Rik
29-12-04, 20:39
checked my SWG account and i have a main guy called Skalf on Eclipse heading for Master Droid Engineer. He's in a guild called Shadow Knights based on Dantooine.

Seriously tempted to cancel the account though, i just don't have the time anymore to play more than 1 game

steweygrrr
30-12-04, 14:39
well, I noticed my char from my own account on chimaera was still there, although i had given all my stuff away.

it seems the guy i gave all my stuff to is still playing, so ill try and ask for some of it back, if he wants to give it back that is :p

so i guess ill be playing there :)

w00t....send an ingame email to both Sreci Lightwave and Aneva Ri-o because I tend to play both chars fairly often and I'll see if I can get some kit together for you :)

Spermy
30-12-04, 16:27
Rofl - I logged in today only to realise My frikking mining operation is Kaput... Again.

I've been grinding weaponsmith for a while now - nothing is worth doing till I crack that because everyone seems to have a hardon for top notch kit =/

Chimaira and Infinity servers for meh :P

Jesterthegreat
31-12-04, 09:40
Besides that PvP is FUN :D

you talkin SWG here?

its the same as any other MMORPG bar NC. tab, q, whatever numbers are attacks.

rince, repeat

naimex
31-12-04, 09:47
w00t....send an ingame email to both Sreci Lightwave and Aneva Ri-o because I tend to play both chars fairly often and I'll see if I can get some kit together for you :)

ive slowly started playing think its farstar, but not sure..

cuz chimaera has been down 3 of the last 4 days.

Jesterthegreat
31-12-04, 14:55
ive slowly started playing think its farstar, but not sure..

cuz chimaera has been down 3 of the last 4 days.

think i played those 2. one with VENOM (all quit SWG) one with SSC (guess they are still there)

neither interested me for long

BeaNo
02-01-05, 00:33
you talkin SWG here?

its the same as any other MMORPG bar NC. tab, q, whatever numbers are attacks.

rince, repeat

If you like dying, then go for it.

Just because you CAN fight like that, doesn't means that IS how you fight.

My account is just about to run out, cba to reactivate, waiting for WoW and currently having a laugh in CoH EU Beta.

Jesterthegreat
02-01-05, 18:36
If you like dying, then go for it.

Just because you CAN fight like that, doesn't means that IS how you fight.

My account is just about to run out, cba to reactivate, waiting for WoW and currently having a laugh in CoH EU Beta.

funny... i never died once in SWG and thats all i had to do in a fight.

BeaNo
02-01-05, 18:40
Then you were fighting mobs or n00bs doing the same, or you never pvp'ed, or all of the above.

If you pvp'ed, I don't mean dueled 2 of your friends with n00b templates, I mean pvp'ed then I guarentee you CAN'T win by queing attacks for very simple reasons if you played the game properly you would know.
:lol:

Jesterthegreat
02-01-05, 19:51
Then you were fighting mobs or n00bs doing the same, or you never pvp'ed, or all of the above.

If you pvp'ed, I don't mean dueled 2 of your friends with n00b templates, I mean pvp'ed then I guarentee you CAN'T win by queing attacks for very simple reasons if you played the game properly you would know.
:lol:

your right on one part...in my time playing i didnt see a single shred of PvP except 1 duel... i played for an hour and someone challenged me to a duel (which i won aftern 1 whole hours gametime).

and did i play it "properly"? if by that you mean did i play it 10 hours a day for a year... no. i got bored of it WAY to quick. it was just like any other MMORPG to me.

DAoC - target, press attack, que up attacks.
AO - target, press attack, que up attacks.
SWG - target, press attack, que up attacks.

NC and UO are the only MMORPG's i would consider playing right now. with the exception of AO (its free... and comparing the lag of heading into a main city in SWG to zoning into a city in AO is shocking when SWG's gfx are barely better)