PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard?

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 02:12
Life for what it is worth, is full of many paths, paths that have not been taken, will not be taken or cannot be taken. As we travel down the path that is life, we learn things, and we do things.

The things we learn, and the things we do, these shape the path before us, they will cut off paths that were there before, and create new ones in their stead.

Sometimes though, on this path of many routes, you will hit a crossroad, and when you hit this crossroad the path becomes all bumpy. You know what you need to do, you need to take the path to the left. But the path to the right is very important to you, there are things along that path that you so desire so much that you would give up everything to have.

And so, you sit at the crossroad of life, neither path is easy, if you take the left path though, it could be a long journey, hard and unforgiving, and there will be no path off to the right, maybe not ever. If you take the path on the right, that will also be a long and hard journey, possibly ending in total failiure, or maybe ending with an easier path to the left.

So why is it so hard to choose which path to take, when you know which path is the right one, but you know which path you want?

hudine
27-12-04, 02:17
Because that what life is about, choices. Our choices is what makes us who we are, if it was easy it would be boring and not worth living.

MkVenner
27-12-04, 02:20
i suppose i could go into all that "follow your heart" crap, but truth be told that never works, or rarely makes it easier. Tho the truth is no one really knows, no one has the answers, its all one great big experiment to find the answers. But one thing i do know is never dwell on what could have been, what if i had gone left, what if i had gone right, what if id said such and such, what if i had got there 5 minutes earlier. coz if you do dwell on them they'll just cut you up, that's never a good thing. But the thing you got to remember is that whatever choice you make, you probly did the right thing...

oh and another thing to remember is to never trust a lawer who works for free

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 02:24
True, and I've made a lot of choices in my life, not all of them have been good choices, in fact I've made some of the worst choices possible. But the choices I have made in life, I have never really been forced to make, I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

All my life I've just floated through everything, hit random paths, taken the right, taken the wrong, but for the first time in my life, I've hit a path that really is so hard to choose.

I know eventually I'll have to take the path to the left, there is no question about that, but the path to the right is where I want to be, if I do take the path to the right now, the path to the left could get harder to get to, but if I take the path to the left, I risk loosing all I have from the path to the right.

My friend advised me to take the path to the left, to worry about that first, and then try to take the right path later, my brain tells me I have to take the left path, but my heart tells me to veer to the right because what is down that path is so important its not worth the risk of losing.

MkVenner
27-12-04, 02:33
well on these short 18 years ive been on this planet ive not really had any major choices, all the bad things that have happened have been totally out of my control (except once when i tried to take on the best prop in the region and i got my collar bone broke but meh). I suppose im blessed in that it looks atm like things are working out, a few hiccups like me loosing my job but what you gunna do. In the end life is like the london underground without a map, changing trains one after the other in some hope that your making the right decision to get where your going, but the truth is you're never gunna know how to get there, till you're there. Plus life is full of shit, unreliable time schedules and people wanting money...

EDIT: Oh yeah and i would advise against making life changing decisions while drunk, that is unless you really want to end up in Timbuktoo with twin nipple piercings and a tattoo of "greg" the merchant navy sailor boy on your arse

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 02:41
Drunk, now there is an idea I can live with :D

Seriously though, whichever path I take, I have to stick to, I cant change my mind half way through, I have to see the path to the bitter end. I do have a map kinda, of the left path, I know whats down there, the right path, well, that path the map got murky, cause a few paths back I screwed up in choices, so, i really wanna put things right, by taking the right hand path, but my sanity lays down the left hand path, meh, blue pill, red pill....

MkVenner
27-12-04, 02:44
well i suppose you gotta find out whether you can actually put things right by taking the right path, or whether you just gotta let got and let sleeping dog's lie, life's not easy, that much is evident, and taking the easy path and seeing a light at the end of tunnel probly means flamethrower...

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 03:00
there is no light at the end of the tunnel, just more darkness, thats why its so hard, and frustrating and keh meh seh reh arghhhh

MkVenner
27-12-04, 03:04
there is no light at the end of the tunnel, just more darkness,
at least you know there's no train coming :p

keh meh seh reh arghhhh
and will that be the drink kicking in?

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 03:05
drink = good, i have a strong desire to get totally slaughtered, which seeing as how its very rare that I drink, will be cheaply done :D

jernau
27-12-04, 03:19
I like traffic lights,
I like traffic lights,
I like traffic lights,
No matter where they've been.

I like traffic lights,
I like traffic lights,
I like traffic lights,
But only when they're green.

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 03:23
I jumped a red light on my motorbike once, didnt notice.. until that car... :eek:

MkVenner
27-12-04, 03:25
i almost got knocked off mine by a gullwing merc once...i would killed myself if i had survived...the travesty of me damaging a gullwing...:p

Lexxuk
27-12-04, 03:42
worst i hit was a post, 30mph speed sign, hit it at about 40, was me that hit it though, not the bike, so picked up bike, and my indicators :$ then rode to work for a 12 hour shift hehehe