PDA

View Full Version : Client Refusing to Play Ball

Morganth
26-12-04, 01:18
Right, so I have had NC2 installed and running fine on this PC for 2 weeks now, and apart from the usual NC Gripes its been fine. Then today, I get Half Life 2 so naturally I install it. And now, whenever I start up the NC client it gives me a Visual C++ Runtime Error and closes.

Now we all know that Half Life 2 > Neocron 2, but does that really mean the NC client has to be vindictive about it? Anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it?

BTW: I reinstalled twice, and obtained another working copy of the install files and reinstalled too, same problem occurs.

Morganth
26-12-04, 01:32
Right, it only works in DX7 now. Anyone know how to unbork it so it works with DX9?

.hack//sign
26-12-04, 05:57
[ edited ]

Shame
26-12-04, 07:23
i had problems like this with ati stuff that runs in tray

you probably have to check your tray and try in cntrl alt del(processes) to close out the stream or close it out in tray by using exit

Darth Slayer
28-12-04, 01:07
Close Steam for some reason it don't get on with other games....... :rolleyes:

Scorpius.

Morganth
28-12-04, 01:41
Closed steam and it still doesn#t work.

Shame
28-12-04, 02:50
if you have not installed too much and can back stuff up thats the only other thing that i have done to fix nc when it wont load

Morganth
28-12-04, 03:54
Well, the last time it didn't work was when HL2 wasn't installed, and I would rather keep HL2 installed then have NC working in DX9. Once WoW comes out in Europe I might go play that instead so I am not really bothered.