PDA

View Full Version : Another Terra problem ??

MISS WHIP
24-12-04, 22:55
Not sure if this is a Terra problem or not...
Logged in no problem played for 2 hrs then had a c++ crash...cannot log back in again when i get into the game just after "requesting character info" it throws me back to desktop..
Tried with a M8 account same thing / reboot pc / caps lock not on.....

anyone else or just poor me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*Dazz*
24-12-04, 22:58
I'm not even bothering with Terra till shit's fixed..

rabidfurball
24-12-04, 23:04
awesome.

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7534&stc=1

Toilet-Duck
25-12-04, 00:48
I'm not even bothering with Terra till shit's fixed..

Ditto :rolleyes:

bittie
25-12-04, 00:57
awesome.

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7534&stc=1

Cool you've got a screeny of me with my pink pants, and my pet female torso named Irene!

notneo
25-12-04, 01:11
dont you know its kk`s way of reducing server costs??

if they roll back terra enough times we will all join another server and they can then use it for the asian release :)

Zheo
25-12-04, 01:14
Give KK a break its christmas you should be thankful they are bothering to turn up to work.

Thanks to KK Team for work on Terra server good luck!

Tostino
25-12-04, 01:40
Give KK a break its christmas you should be thankful they are bothering to turn up to work.

Thats how I feel. Why are you all bitching so much? Just give them a little break it is a holiday after all :rolleyes:. I am sure that they will have it fixed as soon as they can.

Social-Zero
25-12-04, 11:04
xmas or not , they are running an mmorpg , not a candyshop

LiL T
25-12-04, 12:10

No one works on christmas day you can't expect them too end of story

Social-Zero
25-12-04, 12:28
no but i expect them to have working servers for once. This isn't the beta test anymore. People are paying to use this product.

IceStorm
25-12-04, 12:40
no but i expect them to have working servers for once.The majority of the time the servers are working. What's your point?

People are paying to use this product.If your phone service was out, your local carrier wouldn't fix it on Xmas.

If your cable service was out, your cable company wouldn't fix it on Xmas.

If you wanted to rent a movie and all the movie rental places were closed, you wouldn't be able to rent one on Xmas.

Because you're paying a pittance a month for gameserver access, that doesn't entitle you to instantaneous repair of a server cluster.

NC has failed before. It will fail again. Get used to it. This isn't anything new.

hudine
25-12-04, 12:44
I agree with LiL T the reactor staff has freinds, family, and loved ones to spend christmas with so leave them alone.

Christmas is the one time of year where they don't have to worry about all the problems in NC2 and relax.

Smok3d
25-12-04, 12:44
there just a useless bunch of cocks.everyone pay me some money and ill run the servers from my pc at my house :p and have a monkey sit and make sure its ok
be more help then what you'll get from kk

Shortie
25-12-04, 13:03

mmorpg or not, its still xmas and everyone should be allowed to have time off at that point, i mean come on man ... as far as i see they bust their ass off to get us a good game and you just spit in their face. I dont mind waiting a bit more, due to xmas.

QuantumDelta
25-12-04, 13:13
The only thing that worries me is the silent treatment/break they gave us/had between about....Dec. 15 last year to about.. ..late Feb?

Though I think only a far westerner could expect them to work christmas day. (I am trying to be diplomatic).

IceStorm
25-12-04, 13:18
Christmas is the one time of year where they don't have to worry about all the problems in NC2Well, I didn't say that. NC typically craps out around the holidays. That's something they should plan for if they ever decide to grow larger...

Shortie
25-12-04, 13:21
The only thing that worries me is the silent treatment/break they gave us/had between about....Dec. 15 last year to about.. ..late Feb?

True communication from KK has never been good and i really doubt it ever will be.

El Jimben
25-12-04, 17:11
The faces of my characters are all gone on Terra but my chars seem ok. Other servers unaffected by this it seems also

[KoS]Brad
25-12-04, 18:35
I havnt been on the server since about 11pm GMT 24th Dec but from what I know from yesterday daytime the only problems are some lag randomly which subsides, and the characters being bald and wearing gay clothes, WHICH YOU CAN ALL COPE WITH!

Give KK a break they are trying even though its frigin christmas and they want to be with family and friends, they are giving up one of the best days of the year to help us, dont presure them its only a few bugs which hardly effect your gaming, accept the lag, which doesn't last long.

SypH
25-12-04, 19:11
Apart from the lack of hair, and the constant colour changing clothes I havent had a single problem that takes away from playing..

Spermy
25-12-04, 19:20
Apart from the lack of hair, and the constant colour changing clothes I havent had a single problem that takes away from playing..

Indeedy - although - I do admit, It got a bit hairy in the ceres labs last night, we all kept dissapearing from each others clients and stuff, we could all hear each other, but our chars were invisible to other people... Very strange.

Made it kinda hard to get buffed!

PS

12 o'clock bug is F**king annoying in a ceres lab room, the second you've cleared it =/

SypH
25-12-04, 19:23
I have had that on the MC5 commander more times than I care to mention. I really should pay attention to the time in game=/

[KoS]Brad
25-12-04, 22:36
Indeedy - although - I do admit, It got a bit hairy in the ceres labs last night, we all kept dissapearing from each others clients and stuff, we could all hear each other, but our chars were invisible to other people... Very strange.

PS

12 o'clock bug is F**king annoying in a ceres lab room, the second you've cleared it =/

Always happens in Ceres Labs mate, the first level as you go down is fine, or should be, then the second level is bugged you have to sit on the top crate thats in the pile, then everyone should become visible, then once the second level is done you go up and have to exit the labs completley because you get bugged coming back up.

nobody2004
26-12-04, 11:47

/Agreed

And they do their best: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120689

Nice ETA by the way.
It's very much appreciated to be informed that way.

Dr Strange
26-12-04, 11:56

Agreed

Mr Kot
26-12-04, 15:41

That isn't a recent problem, it has always happened to my team ever since the ceres labs existed. First level seems ok, but when u zone down to the lower level, some or all of your team mates become invisible. Some say they cannot see you.

There is a quick fix tho.. (zoning or relogging doesn't always fix) everyone sit in the rotten box in the first room of the lower level. It looks like a rotten box model, has a "DOOR" label but acts as a chair :rolleyes: . Once an "invisible" player sits on the box, he becomes visible again.

I noticed a similar bug in NC1. When fighting at the p3 / pp1 zoneline, i would zone back into plaza to find half the people missing including anyone buffing me. The buffs seemed to just magically appear on me. I thought it was just me, so i used to zone and relog until ppl appeared again.

trigger hurt
26-12-04, 17:20
No one works on christmas day you can't expect them too end of story
bullshit.

I worked on christmas day for 4 hours. All I do is write technical documents for BellSouth DSL. My job function wasn't even needed. But I had to be there, just in case there was something important that needed to be done.

There is something important that needs to be done here. It's ok if they are understaffed. All we want is some word, I can wait for a week for it to be fixed if I have to, because it is the holidays.

The thing is. They can post from home. It would take 10 minutes. Give us some info. But they don't. They do us just like they did us two years ago when they dropped a bomb of a patch on us and then disappeared for almost a month with people waiting and wondering what the fuck was going on. This was 2 months into retail and people were already leaving.

Just a little tidbit of info...that's all.

Darkener
26-12-04, 19:36
bullshit.

I worked on christmas day for 4 hours. All I do is write technical documents for BellSouth DSL. My job function wasn't even needed. But I had to be there, just in case there was something important that needed to be done.

There is something important that needs to be done here. It's ok if they are understaffed. All we want is some word, I can wait for a week for it to be fixed if I have to, because it is the holidays.

The thing is. They can post from home. It would take 10 minutes. Give us some info. But they don't. They do us just like they did us two years ago when they dropped a bomb of a patch on us and then disappeared for almost a month with people waiting and wondering what the fuck was going on. This was 2 months into retail and people were already leaving.

Just a little tidbit of info...that's all.
Agreed, I use to work in a hotel and guess what we were open on christmas day. Unfortunatly we could tell our guest to fuck off we are closed, so we had to attend to there needs. It was just the line of work i was in "While everyone else is having fun your working". I would think it would apply here in someway as the servers dont take a breal for the holidays.

Gunner_turret
26-12-04, 19:52
Give KK a break...?

Let them have time off...?

What? so KK actully come in and work? i never knew that
i thought they just look at a forum all day...

reddog
26-12-04, 20:04
Agreed, I use to work in a hotel and guess what we were open on christmas day. Unfortunatly we could tell our guest to fuck off we are closed, so we had to attend to there needs. It was just the line of work i was in "While everyone else is having fun your working". I would think it would apply here in someway as the servers dont take a breal for the holidays.
hardly comparable you are a sector that get his profits mainly out of other peoples holiday.
Its like others people give them a break.
Its like asking a toy shop to stay open during christmas because you might have a problem with one of the toys you bought for your kids.
Besides if your out here on christmass just ask yourself if you have a life. If the answer is no for you don't blame other people because they have one.

Ninjano2002uk
26-12-04, 20:21
I think they Should just Wipe the Terra Server & start fresh again be loads more fun then gettin Ganked at medi care if ur LE is out, I went from 0/45 to 0/30 to put LE back in dew to Ganking in medi care , not by TG etc but by CA TANT & NEXT ( my own faction ) got 4 chars on terra 3 are high 1 is nab sniper , so i started a Char on Mars ( English PPU- ) 1st hours wtf am i doing i cant speak german then some1 spoke to me in english said do ya need a clan i said yes now am a 1 star APU 2weeks later :P its hard but u can get use to it on mars ( accept the forums ) & yes it was funny to see all the ppl from terra nife the germans & even me LOL got alot of -SL coz they pissed me off big time LOL even got killed by 15+ Terra's with there junk knifes lol

WIPE TERRA & I will come back until then mars for me not as many bugs or friendly factions pkers lol ,

HACKERS PSI , HACKERS TANK ,HACKERS SPY , HACKERS SPY-

PS go hamster go

p.s who ever wants to come to mars from terra start a char etc email me on terra & il give you money wepoans etc if ur willing to start on mars

[KoS]Brad
26-12-04, 20:30
Im not moving to Mars but I can see why you did, I get pissed off a lot, I'm City Mercs, Neutral to all except TG, and I get PKed constantly by EVERYONE EXCEPT TG. Its taking the fucking piss, I havnt done anything to piss anyone off, I'm not in a bad clan, infact the clan I'm in is relativly new, and yet we get twats GR in from Neocron, get rid of si run into a corridor or room inside MB Sec 1 and they kill us, and for what? ITS BULLSHIT.

If it wasnt for the fact I have lots of characters on Terra I would move to a different server, I'm also thinking about changing faction to Anti-City since allies dont get PKed there. IMO Its all the Pro-City wankers who ruin the server and thats why people move.

The bugs on Terra are the hair loss, occasional lag and Green + Pink clothes, but you can still fucking level, or go to op wars, research construct hack repair recycle pk attend events, so I dont see why most of you are bitching at KK to get into work over Christmas to sort out your fucking character models, it pisses me off that over Christmas where families and friends are meant to be together, you guys are fucking at KK to sort out some little shitty bugs which dont effect your frigin gaming. Jesus christ guys grow up, its a few fucking bugs let KK have a fucking Christmas.

t0tt3
26-12-04, 20:47
"Pull back its Xmas la la la...."

OMG. I pay cash each month for a service to be hold and if I can't get any service for the problem I want some anouncments.

How good is it for KK that rumors on Terra screaming ROLLBACK ROLLBACK, thats nice advertise for new runners.. Rumors can destroy a company and if they can't back it up they will fail xmas or not.

So ok we got theme weeks that's ok that's one point in right direction.
Now we need fast official words when something cracks up.

"Go to an other server.."

Well I did, made a pistol spy nib in Black Dragon. Tried to be friendly I studdy french but the server pop is even worse then Terra so that was not a option to me IMHO.

Picked up some German tradeoff spams like all servers got.
Surche ein CST tl 2.... in Trade and on locals where there where lots of people. Got one man that helped me in German.. He said hq all the time "was in City center" So I asked BD hq ? BD hq.... bla bla. So I went there saw 8 peeps 3 logged and 5 where looking on each other.

So bee a nib and can't speak a singel word of german you gonna get pretty screwed.

Ninjano2002uk
26-12-04, 21:29
no no its fine honest, I been on Mars for 2weeks & ok so only my clan & a few others talk to me inclu friendly System shock muwah x ;) but i knew that clan from Saturn etc, anyways If ur sick to FU CK i can say Fuck ? :P anyways if ur sick of gettin killed in medi center by CA NEXT TANT etc etc , & want to level with no LE in etc join a clan make friends then come to mars I be more then happy to give you starter money weapons etc help you level i cant speak any german well i learned Suche ( search ) suche Const :D

up to you all anyways email HACKERS PSI , HACKERS TANK , HACKERS SPY , HACKERS SPY-

on terra be more then happy to help i understand how hard it is but think about it 1 slot server = less nobheads pking you with there alts with friendly factions , everythin is how it should be :D only floor is when i cap my APU am gona have to kill it to go HC tank which not been for ages.. o well :D

Hope to hear from you all soon

ENGLISH PPU- ( MARS )

p/s spelling might be poor cant tell am blizted from XMAS EVE LOL

IceStorm
27-12-04, 04:04
Ok, so let's do the math:

Let's be generous and say there are 16,000 active subscriptions to Neocron.

Let's assume that, based on population, Terra accounts for only 1/4 the existing active subscriptions to NC (4,000).

Since I'm in the USA, let's figure each subscription nets KK around 15/month. That works out to about $0.49 a day: ($15/month divided by (365/12)days/month ~ $0.49 a day.

Terra brings in about $1972 USD per day. To repair Terra probably requires two or three people. That means, assuming they get compensated for coming in on not only a weekend, but a holiday weekend, that three people have to be paid to fix Terra. I don't know where you all work, but $1972 split three ways barely covers the cost of having three people come in to do the work. That's assuming they're able to get into the colo in the first place, not to mention that the three people needed to do the work have to be in the area.

KK's probably confident they aren't going to lose too many people over this. They're the only game in town for FPS-style MMORPG combat (PS doesn't count). The only people left playing on Terra at this point are die-hard UK and USA players anyway (along with some Germans and not-German Europeans).

Fiscally, it doesn't make sense for them to come in and fix the servers. From a PR perspective it doesn't make sense either. Who's going to know of their selfless deads? The jaded hardcore playes that cling to Terra like a lifeline?

Now if Mars went down, things might be different... :-)

Darkener
27-12-04, 16:08
hardly comparable you are a sector that get his profits mainly out of other peoples holiday.
Its like others people give them a break.
Its like asking a toy shop to stay open during christmas because you might have a problem with one of the toys you bought for your kids.
Besides if your out here on christmass just ask yourself if you have a life. If the answer is no for you don't blame other people because they have one.
Na i aint playing so much over christmas but i have been playing in my spare time as its fun to play. The servers dont go down over christmas, the customers dont go away over christmas. KK profits over people playing the game and if they choose to play it over a holiday or in there spare time which alot do the service should be provided. As for your example a toy shop is generally 9-5 work 5-6 days a week maybe some times more. The servers on the other hand are 24/7 (when they arent fucked). You have clients from all over the world using them at any given time. The servers dont take a break support shouldnt either.

I had planned over the holidays to get stuff done in my spare time. Who wants to do anything if theres a threat of a rollback.

zii
27-12-04, 16:38
Ok, so let's do the math:

Let's be generous and say there are 16,000 active subscriptions to Neocron.

Let's assume that, based on population, Terra accounts for only 1/4 the existing active subscriptions to NC (4,000).

Since I'm in the USA, let's figure each subscription nets KK around 15/month. That works out to about $0.49 a day: ($15/month divided by (365/12)days/month ~ $0.49 a day.

Terra brings in about $1972 USD per day. To repair Terra probably requires two or three people. That means, assuming they get compensated for coming in on not only a weekend, but a holiday weekend, that three people have to be paid to fix Terra. I don't know where you all work, but $1972 split three ways barely covers the cost of having three people come in to do the work. That's assuming they're able to get into the colo in the first place, not to mention that the three people needed to do the work have to be in the area.

KK's probably confident they aren't going to lose too many people over this. They're the only game in town for FPS-style MMORPG combat (PS doesn't count). The only people left playing on Terra at this point are die-hard UK and USA players anyway (along with some Germans and not-German Europeans).

Fiscally, it doesn't make sense for them to come in and fix the servers. From a PR perspective it doesn't make sense either. Who's going to know of their selfless deads? The jaded hardcore playes that cling to Terra like a lifeline?

Now if Mars went down, things might be different... :-)

Well, if they want to port my 4 chars from Terra over to Mars I wouldn't complain :) Ich kann ein bishen Deusche verstehen. Ich glaub'.

eLcHi
27-12-04, 16:48
I had planned over the holidays to get stuff done in my spare time. Who wants to do anything if theres a threat of a rollback.

word ... that`s why i was bored almost the whole weekend ... after finishing HL2

40$Poser
27-12-04, 17:36
for the people wanting a terra wipe, whether they are being serious or not.

Want a new fresh char?

Start one on pandore, mercury, or mars... not that hard. :0

Ninjano2002uk
07-01-05, 08:00
O yer.. well After u move to MARS ( like i did & got a very very high CHAR ) its kinda hard to kill it after so long lol , MARS is gr8 I luv it , even tho its so dam hard to get RARES & MC5 Chips off Germans who dont like english LOL ^^

English ppu- over & out , P.s Check out the new sniper rifle on my APU monk ^^