PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we create a second account without having to "buy the game again"

quickpick
23-12-04, 05:24
So I have to pay the license fee again to create a 2nd account ?

Lothar IB
23-12-04, 05:38
Hope not or i won't be doing it like i wanted to.

quickpick
23-12-04, 05:55
Guess i won't either got this responce

"You can't. Each account comes with the 29.99 euro price"

garyu69
23-12-04, 06:06
You have to pay for each account, but you do get 4 slots on Terra to play with, 4 on the other german server, 1 on the other german server. And no idea about the french one.

Dr Strange
23-12-04, 06:37
How about just increasing the damn amount of slots.

4 isn't enough if you ask me. there are at least 8+ characters I want, I want a tradeskiller of all types, hc tank, melee tank, apu, ppu, hacker, rifle spy and a pistol pe.... and yet I'm limited.

not to mention pricing in euros, even the payment of the license fee, is over priced. its almost $40 when you convert it to american dollars, $50ish if you're canadian....

garyu69
23-12-04, 06:53
4 slots is too many in my opinion.
Bring back 1 slot Int Server, at most a 2 slot.

4 slots+ will just lead to everyone being self sufficient and then a case of more ally killing going on everywhere.

Dr Strange
23-12-04, 07:05

4 slots+ will just lead to everyone being self sufficient and then a case of more ally killing going on everywhere.

That's the way it is already. You figure after 11 p.m. est (whichever that is GMT I dunno) Terra has like, 10% or less, you are hard pressed to find a tradeskiller you need. Especially with the Implant Bug, in the later evening it is alot harder to find a poker, so you yourself are already in need of one might as well be self sufficient.

cMz
23-12-04, 09:01
Even if you had 100 chars on 1 account you would not be able to poke any of your own chars on that account, except the poker himself...

For the 29.99 you also get 1 month free playing time.

Morganth
23-12-04, 10:51

Self sufficiency brings on allied killing? How does that work?

Most medium/large clans are sefl sufficient but that doesn't mean the going around ganking allies all the time.

Tratos
23-12-04, 11:49
Self sufficiency brings on allied killing? How does that work?

Most medium/large clans are sefl sufficient but that doesn't mean the going around ganking allies all the time.
i think he means more along the lines of,

FA Trader:"Dum dee dum im a FA getting my FA Chip so i have higher stats to build stuff"
ProCity Fighter 1 "ohhh look FA scum kill it!!111oneoneone"

FA Trader logs to ProCity Fighter 2

ProCity Fighter 2 ganks Fighter 1 (Also known as allie killing)

ProCity Fighter 2 "Thats what you get for killing my trader, bitch"

ProCity Figher 1 and his clan KOS fighter 2's clan and the same the other way leading to allies killin allie all day long.

----------------------------
This tends to happen when people are self sufficient and have characters dotted around factions to help that char help there main runner.

NaKoth
23-12-04, 12:46
How about just increasing the damn amount of slots.

4 isn't enough if you ask me. there are at least 8+ characters I want, I want a tradeskiller of all types, hc tank, melee tank, apu, ppu, hacker, rifle spy and a pistol pe.... and yet I'm limited.

Oh my god, NO !

2 slot international server is all we need. Sometimes I wonder that have some people ever played on a single slot server... I feel so sad about the things they are missing 8|

giga191
23-12-04, 13:11
Yeh let's have 1 slot character servers so we can all get multiple accounts and pay more!!! :rolleyes:

Tratos
23-12-04, 13:19
Yeh let's have 1 slot character servers so we can all get multiple accounts and pay more!!! :rolleyes:
People did it out of choice on Pluto why wouldnt they noew besides a fair chunk of the population have more than 1 account and lets not forget some games out there (SWG, FFXI) only permit you to have one char per server anyway.

Darth Slayer
23-12-04, 14:25
People did it out of choice on Pluto why wouldnt they noew besides a fair chunk of the population have more than 1 account and lets not forget some games out there (SWG, FFXI) only permit you to have one char per server anyway.
However this ain't SWG or FFXI so don't compare NC 2 with em.

Scorpius.

Tratos
23-12-04, 14:33
However this ain't SWG or FFXI so don't compare NC 2 with em.

Scorpius.
it may not be but i also compared NC2 to NC1 where, when people were limted to one character on there server of choice they willingly purchased another account, this game also isnt WoW but people still regularly compare this game to that.

Yelly
24-12-04, 02:19
if you got jedi on a server in SWG you get a second char on same account ;)
But why not hwne your char is capped.Like totally capped without the overcap a new slot would be opened for you on that server.But max 8 slot or something totally

Kozmos
24-12-04, 02:28
if you got jedi on a server in SWG you get a second char on same account ;)
But why not hwne your char is capped.Like totally capped without the overcap a new slot would be opened for you on that server.But max 8 slot or something totally

People would quick cap 8 PEs in 8 days then reroll one at a time to the 8 chars that they want lol

Yelly
24-12-04, 12:00
maybe blcoked so if you reroll the capped char you would loose the slot as well.That way you could get several tradeskillers at least
Or like if you cap a monk the new slot would be for a monk only or something

mishkin
24-12-04, 12:23
All the servers should be 1 slot, and we wouldn't have these constant downtimes and database errors and whatnot...

Yelly
24-12-04, 15:21
No no no.Then KK would make lots of cash for all that want more chars....
And they just put the cash in their pocket and say we release a new patch next week and it arrives after 4 :)

IceStorm
24-12-04, 15:30
Just before NC2 went live I bought a few of these (http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Product/View/001NEO) and activated a couple more accounts. It's hard to argue with $0.99 and a month of free gameplay. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't think the NC1 keys work with NC2 registration.

Yelly
24-12-04, 17:32
That was sure cheap hehe.
I guess if you buy NC 1 now you still have to pay for the upgrade :(

IceStorm
24-12-04, 17:40
I guess if you buy NC 1 now you still have to pay for the upgradeThat's still cheaper than buying it for $30. You get a month free with the NC1 account, then another month free with the NC1 -> 2 upgrade.

$21 or so for two months of free play isn't bad, but like I said, I don't think the NC1 keys work any longer.

Vithar
24-12-04, 17:41
but like I said, I don't think the NC1 keys work any longer.They don't. :(

Neocron 1 account activation has been terminated.

V