PDA

View Full Version : Neocron DOA Awards 2004

Siygess
23-12-04, 02:59
Inspired somewhat by the British Comedy Awards, I present to you the Neocron Declaration Of Achievement Awards 2004. Here you may cast open votes on the categories below, and on Jan 9th, 2005, I will announce the results and the gloating may begin (though gloat in moderation - don't want any of you getting banned!).

To vote, simply PM me your answers; Yes, there are better ways of doing it, but you lot are crafty buggers, and this way I can ensure one vote per forum account. If you pay KK for two or more accounts you will of course have the same number of forum accounts as a result then hell, you deserve the right to have more votes! :D

Mods, if this is the wrong place on the forums I'm sure you'll do your thing and move it for me.. and if you happen to be imbued with Christmas cheer, feel free to sticky this thread ;)

Neocron DOA Awards 2004

Forum related:

Best Forum Personality:
Who consistently writes post that make you think, laugh or agree with?

Fountain of Ideas Award:
Who provides the most inspired brainport threads, with ideas you would really like to see in game?

Best Tank Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Tank? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Best Monk Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Monk? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Best Spy Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Spy? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Best PE Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a PE? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Best Forum Mod one-liner or put down:
If it's not one of Nid's, I'll eat my hat!

Best NC1 / NC2 fan-fiction:
Which story that lurks, or has lurked, in the RP part of the forum did you enjoy the most?

Game related

Best Roleplayer:
Who plays the role of a fictional character better than anyone else?

Best Roleplaying Clan:
Which clan can be relied upon to provide a conductive environment for roleplaying?

"Up for it!" Award:
Which clan can be relied upon to show up for a fight whenever there is a fight to be had.

"Good show" Award:
Which clan manages to be both humble in victory yet gracious in defeat.

Best Pilot:
Who is the most reliable and competent pilot of vehicles / gliders?

Best Duellist:
In a one-on-one fight, who stands atop the pile?

Best Faction (in theory):
Which faction is the coolest according to official NC history and ideology?

Best Faction (in practise):
Which faction is the coolest thanks to the players in that faction?

Best NC1 / NC2 Patch:
Pretty obvious - which NC patch made you jump for joy?

Best NC1 / NC2 Event:
If you can't name it, describe it.. if you've never attend an event, leave blank

Best Weapon / Spell / Drone:
Which weapon in the game draws the most attention, and makes people drug up to the eyeballs to be able to use?

Best Zone:
Functionally or aesthetically, which zone floats your boat?

.. and finally ..

Most anticipated feature for NC2 in 2005:
Keep it clean - I mean, really, what single feature do you want to see added to this game next year?

QuantumDelta
23-12-04, 03:01
Good luck with this :p

Edit;
Hmm. There will probably be less positioning though since it's through PM..
Might well work :D

Ozambabbaz
23-12-04, 03:14
te-hee, my jaw dropped for a sec when i saw what looked to be another "slag KK coders" thread by none other than Siygess (doa=dead on arrival) :lol:

and good form opting for PMs, merry christmas :D

MkVenner
23-12-04, 03:24
Nice idea :p

Nvidia
23-12-04, 03:59
"Good show" Award:

I think I can safely say there's not a single clan on Terra worthy of that award. :p

People can say their clan is always nice about winning and losing, but it's pure bullshit. I have yet to run into a single clan where I could say EVERY member has good sportsmanship. It just doesn't happen - on Terra at least. :D

wombat74
23-12-04, 05:51
I think I can safely say there's not a single clan on Terra worthy of that award. :p

People can say their clan is always nice about winning and losing, but it's pure bullshit. I have yet to run into a single clan where I could say EVERY member has good sportsmanship. It just doesn't happen - on Terra at least. :D
Especially [ edited ]- those guys are OUTA CONTROL!

Vithar
23-12-04, 06:02
Please leave the names out of it.

Remember that bringing unwanted attention to others is against the rules. ;)

V

garyu69
23-12-04, 06:09
I think I can safely say there's not a single clan on Terra worthy of that award. :pI think there would have been a few on pluto who would have got it.
Are we allowed to vote for pluto clans considering its awards for 2004 ;)

tiikeri
23-12-04, 06:16

If i'd have to say something to that, i'd say Lunatic. Any other.... Not a chance. Not even my own clan :)

@Best NC1 / NC2 Patch:
The one, what boosted meleeweapons and gave my tank a purpose.

MkVenner
23-12-04, 06:21

well i like to think of my self as a good sportsman, and im a one man clan atm lol :p

wombat74
23-12-04, 06:58
Sorry Vithar, it was a joke about Nvidia's own clan. I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesn't come accross well in print :)

eLcHi
23-12-04, 10:07
@MkVenner: so tell us your Clanname so we can fill it in there :D

Jesterthegreat
23-12-04, 14:37

we (NCAT) are all about the fight... i cant say we have never been a bad winner / loser though :p

all our OP wars so far we have let other clans claim the OP's. shows what we think of the "reward" of the fight really.

MkVenner
23-12-04, 19:54
@MkVenner: so tell us your Clanname so we can fill it in there :D
Skulls all the way babeh :p

Jesterthegreat
23-12-04, 22:04
wheres the most hated / most flaming / most spamming forum award?

RogerRamjet
24-12-04, 01:48
I dont think you can have a definite "up for it award", for example fights against FF at jeriko, its never a clan, it always a bunch of random guys who want a bit of a frisk, but theres always LAARD, The One and Lunatic there in numbers it seems.

Btw, coolest faction, Tangent, because of the terrifying motto/war cry...

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Roger Ramjet
Loud And Again Righteous Devotees.

Brammers
24-12-04, 02:04
Sorry no...Fallen Angels is the one and only coolest faction! :D

Comie
24-12-04, 15:59
Best Pilot:

i think for me its Winchester, i watched him in his rhino last for the entire op battle, even when he had a hybrid psi attack his rhino... was a nice piece of mobile cover for us to hide behind when we attacked jeriko.

Yelly
24-12-04, 20:00
I agree with jesters idea on the biggest forumspammer.
Like best ideas on the forum
The most useless poster.
I mean I see same guys posting like 5-10 times in same thread.They should get that award for sure ;)

Siygess
25-12-04, 22:47
Nah, I deliberately avoided anything too offensive in the awards. This is my motto, repeat after me:

Keep it clean

Keep it clean

Keep it clean

Happy Crimbo, by the way!

jernau
26-12-04, 06:03
Sorry no...Fallen Angels is the one and only coolest faction! :D
It was. Not any more :(.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 01:55
results at all?

MkVenner
07-01-05, 02:24
lol yeah i was wondering about this earlier :p

Asurmen Spec Op
07-01-05, 02:31
Fountain of Ideas
Goes to -FN-
duelest
Lil T

theres my 2cents(due to tax its only worth .0001)

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 14:14
duelest
Lil T

theres my 2cents(due to tax its only worth .0001)

you gotta be shitting me...

only fought him for 1 session... beat him every time and he bitched i used DB...

triXter
07-01-05, 14:35
Best Forum Personality - A lot to list for it to be fair really, but a few:

Lexxuk
Phunqe (RIP)
Benjie (RIP)
Crazy (RIP?)

Remember it's about personality, be it a weird one or not :p ;)

Siygess
07-01-05, 15:48
Oi! Votes via PM's please.. and since I've only had four so far, pull your thumbs out of your behinds and get voting, or this will be almost as one-sided as the Oscars ;)

EDIT: Results, as mentioned in the first post, will be on Jan 9th. If there are any to *announce*, that is..

Asurmen Spec Op
07-01-05, 15:55
you gotta be shitting me...

only fought him for 1 session... beat him every time and he bitched i used DB... maybe it was just I remeber from NC1 I dunno

jernau
07-01-05, 16:03
Oi! Votes via PM's please.. and since I've only had four so far, pull your thumbs out of your behinds and get voting, or this will be almost as one-sided as the Oscars ;)
Tom Hanks plays Neocron?

Someone DM me his nick and we'll see how fast Forrest can run with parashock on him.

Dribble Joy
07-01-05, 16:09
Even with a PM system people are gonna vote for themselves/their mates/people they know.
We shall see.

By the way; anyone who votes for me deserves a kicking.
Also, Yelly, are you the Xelly who is in my clan (or was)?

Siygess
07-01-05, 16:18
True, but unlike the forum, I'm not going to start a converation / debate / flamewar about their choice of votes via PM :D

triXter
07-01-05, 20:52
Oi! Votes via PM's please...

<- stupid blind person.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-05, 22:47
im voting for no one and since they are all positive awards i expect no votes for me either :p

Asurmen Spec Op
08-01-05, 00:47
im voting for no one and since they are all positive awards i expect no votes for me either :p wopsys didnt see the PM.
Ive heard good things aboutt you jester but I havent accually seen it :)

Siygess
09-01-05, 02:50
Only 24 hours left to vote.. and please, please vote. I've had about seven votes so far.. *sniff*

jernau
09-01-05, 02:54
Most of the people worth voting for have left so not much point.

Sad to see such a poor response though Siygess. :(

Siygess
10-01-05, 10:53
Well, I composed a lengthy post announcing the awards, full of witticism and good natured humour, but then when I posted it I got an "invalid topic" message and *poof*, it was gone.

Disheartened by this evil forum, here is the SERIOUSLY abridged version.

Neocron DOA Awards 2004

Forum related:

Best Forum Personality:
Who consistently writes post that make you think, laugh or agree with?

Heavy Porker

Fountain of Ideas Award:
Who provides the most inspired brainport threads, with ideas you would really like to see in game?

-FN-

Best Tank Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Tank? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Scikar

Best Monk Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Monk? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Quantum Delta

Best Spy Mentor:
Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a Spy? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Xantor

Best PE Mentor:

Who would you go to in order to get the best advice on building / playing a PE? (forum name, or forum & character name)

Dribble Joy

Best Forum Mod one-liner or put down:
If it's not one of Nid's, I'll eat my hat!

N/A - You couldn't decide which of Nid's putdowns you liked the most

Which story that lurks, or has lurked, in the RP part of the forum did you enjoy the most?

N/A

Game related

Best Roleplayer:
Who plays the role of a fictional character better than anyone else?

Brammers

Best Roleplaying Clan:
Which clan can be relied upon to provide a conductive environment for roleplaying?

Phoenix

"Up for it!" Award:
Which clan can be relied upon to show up for a fight whenever there is a fight to be had.

FF

"Good show" Award:

FF

Best Pilot:

N/A

Best Duellist:
In a one-on-one fight, who stands atop the pile?

Xantor

Best Faction (in theory):
Which faction is the coolest according to official NC history and ideology?

City Mercs

Best Faction (in practise):
Which faction is the coolest thanks to the players in that faction?

Fallen Angels

Best NC1 / NC2 Patch:
Pretty obvious - which NC patch made you jump for joy?

N/A

Best NC1 / NC2 Event:
If you can't name it, describe it.. if you've never attend an event, leave blank

The Rust event

Best Weapon / Spell / Drone:
Which weapon in the game draws the most attention, and makes people drug up to the eyeballs to be able to use?

Tie between Judge, Executioner and Cursed Soul

Best Zone:
Functionally or aesthetically, which zone floats your boat?

DoY Side Streets

.. and finally ..

Most anticipated feature for NC2 in 2005:
Keep it clean - I mean, really, what single feature do you want to see added to this game next year?

Item tracking

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 11:18
O_o
Why the hell is my name on the list?

Morganth
10-01-05, 11:24
lol, "Good show" award goes to FF. I really should dig through my console logs of being in PAIN when all FF could do was whine on Trade/OOC on how WE zerged them :rolleyes:

Gracious in defeat? If you mean logging off and coming back 3 hours later to ninja hack graceful, then I must be the left had of God.

naimex
10-01-05, 11:39
O_o
Why the hell is my name on the list?

cuz people voted for you...

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 12:03
cuz people voted for you...
But WHY!!!!??

:(

naimex
10-01-05, 12:29
But WHY!!!!??

:(

prolly cuz you write about ur pe char so often, or summet i dunno.

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 12:37
The only way I could get the most votes on the PE mentor award is if noone voted for anyone at all... and I voted for myself...which I did....

Morganth
10-01-05, 12:47
The only way I could get the most votes on the PE mentor award is if noone voted for anyone at all... and I voted for myself...which I did....

Nah, if that was the case we could have drew :rolleyes: :p :lol:

jernau
10-01-05, 13:00
Well, I would have voted for you as PE mentor if I'd voted. I didn't though so blame someone else :p.

Ministry
10-01-05, 13:32
didnt think scikar still played, yet hes still the tank man hehe.

Dj proberbly cos your always giving advice on the forum, seeing as your know for your PE, and give advice most on PE people maybe tend to listen to you.

or you have a fanclub on the forum

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 13:36
I would start blabbering on about how I'm shit at setups and PE stuff, but people would probably start calling me an attention seeking cock monger, like usual.. so I won't....

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 14:28
lol, "Good show" award goes to FF. I really should dig through my console logs of being in PAIN when all FF could do was whine on Trade/OOC on how WE zerged them :rolleyes:

Gracious in defeat? If you mean logging off and coming back 3 hours later to ninja hack graceful, then I must be the left had of God.

what i would have said if i felt like flaming (minus the PAIN bit... i never fought them in PAIN)

Siygess
10-01-05, 14:50
or you have a fanclub on the forum

Pretty close to the truth, it seems.. but don't forget DJ, whatever you think about yourself, other people are going to form their own opinions, regardless of what you believe they should think ;)

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 14:59
Mad, the lot of you...

I still don't think I'm an expert, my own setup's still a mess, I need to spend some time with a calculator and go through it with a fine comb.

solling
10-01-05, 20:03
lol, "Good show" award goes to FF. I really should dig through my console logs of being in PAIN when all FF could do was whine on Trade/OOC on how WE zerged them

someone was not on the list :p

good list ;)

Fire's Child
10-01-05, 20:51
Well, I composed a lengthy post announcing the awards, full of witticism and good natured humour, but then when I posted it I got an "invalid topic" message and *poof*, it was gone.

[snip]

N/A

awww, come on....this should have been a no brainer....

Nerd...Nerd...NErd....NERd.....NERD!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesterthegreat
10-01-05, 21:36
Mad, the lot of you...

I still don't think I'm an expert, my own setup's still a mess, I need to spend some time with a calculator and go through it with a fine comb.

whether or not your the best is immaterial...

you offer advice, and more importantly make people think (like reminding mei could use br3 instead of haz 1 and base a setup on that).

its not about bein the "best"

Dribble Joy
10-01-05, 21:51
(like reminding mei could use br3 instead of haz 1 and base a setup on that).
Basic experimental procedure, one must always explore all lines of enquiry in try to find optimum conditions for a given initial target.

Ie. Work out what you want and fiddle to no end.

Jesterthegreat
11-01-05, 00:08
Basic experimental procedure, one must always explore all lines of enquiry in try to find optimum conditions for a given initial target.

Ie. Work out what you want and fiddle to no end.

meh... im runnin no drugs atm :p

br 2 :p

Hell-demon
11-01-05, 00:37
SiL is creative and scary so hes gotta be voted for something O_o